PDA

View Full Version : Please critique Psigish build

JW86
2013-10-02, 04:33 AM
Level 15 - Female Lesser Tiefling Ranger 1/Egoist Psion 6/ Slayer 8. BAB +12.
At Level 20 will max out Slayer, then take levels in another full BAB/ML class, so BAB +17 by ECL20.

Flaws - Inattentive and Vulnerability. Inattentive suits the fiery disposition of the character, and -1ac can be easily offset by psionic powers.

1st: Power Attack, Track [ranger bonus]
2nd: Improved Bullrush [fighter bons]
3rd: Empower Power
4th: Psionic Meditation [psion bonus]
6th: EK: Psionic Lion's Charge
8th: Practiced Manifester (Psion)
9th: Shock Trooper
12th:EK: Dimension Hop
15th: Psicrystal Affinity
Bonus from flaw: EK: Control Body
Bonus from flaw: Quicken Power? or Earth Power? or Leap Attack?
At level 18 - another from Quicken/Earth/Leap Attack.
Feats may need reordering to match prereqs.

Known Powers at level 15: Lvl1 - Inertial Armour, Force Screen, Thicken Skin, Vigor, Mind Thrust.
Lvl2 - Animal Affinity, Biofeedback, Crystalstorm, Share Pain
Lvl3 - Hustle, Psionic Blast, Bestow Power, Solicit Psicrystal
Lvl4 - Metamorphosis, Dimension Door, Divination, Telekinetic Maneuver
Lvl5 - Anticipatory Strike, Plane Shift, Ectoplasmic Shambler, Major Creation
Lvl6 - Disintegrate, Temporal Acceleration, Restoration
Lvl7 - Ultrablast
EK - Psionic Lion's Charge, Dimension Hop, Control Body.

Idea is to be high-mobility char, good at charging/teleportation, laying some decent damage down by use of shock trooper with augmented inertial armour/force screen, whilst having some useful powers to be a decent blaster and utility character.

I know going 4 Ardent/10 Slayer would give me +14BAB at same level, but the fact Ardent is +wis and Lesser Tiefling gives +int is a factor - I just love the tiefling flavour, cannot think or get excited about an Aasimar style wisdom build so much.

HalfQuart
2013-10-02, 09:53 AM
I don't have substantive feedback, but if you're going to rely on Force Screen, you're going to need to find a way to speed up the manifesting time, since regularly burning a standard action isn't too practical and it has a relatively short duration. Certainly you can use Quicken Power... you'll just need to make sure that really makes the build.

Urpriest
2013-10-02, 10:00 AM
For the bonus feats from Flaws, have you asked your DM about when they take effect? Technically you can indeed take them later in your build as you describe, but many DMs will restrict them to first level.

Similarly, Control Body is cool, but you'll probably want to iron out how it works, since using it on yourself is something the designers didn't anticipate. Also be aware that with Metamorphosis you may find Str much easier to boost than Int anyway.

JW86
2013-10-02, 02:04 PM
Sorry for not editing my post sooner guys. I've changed to an Ardent based build.

Ranger 1 / Fighter 1 / Ardent 10 / Slayer 3
BAB 12 at level 15, but will be at 17 by ECL 20.
ML of 16 (well, limited to 15 due to character level). 13 powers known and up to level 8 powers.

Vulnerable - -1AC
Murky Eyed - if enemy has concealment, roll 2 miss checks, if either fail, attack fails.

1. Power Attack, Track [ranger]
2. Improved Bull Rush [fighter]
3. Practiced Manifester (Ardent)
6. Psicrystal Affinity
9. Psionic Meditation
12. Empower Power
15. Quicken Power
Bonus: Shock Trooper
Bonus: Earth Power

With Substitute Powers ACF as well as Dominant Mantle (Conflict)

Freedom Mantle - Dimension Hop, Hustle, Lion's Charge, Temporal Acceleration
Guardian Mantle - Inertial Armour, Force Screen, Vigor, Share Pain, Greater Concealing Amorpha.
Dominant Mantle - Conlict Mantle - Crystal Shard, Hostile Empathic Transfer, Disintegrate, Form of Doom, Spirit of War.

Force Screen will still last 15 minutes at the moment, which is enough for an encounter. With the Earth Power feat it will be free as well as long as I'm in contact with ground. I can always Quicken it, or use Temporal Acceleration to cast a number of buffs if need be. I am all up for stacking AC bonuses. Inertial Armour is the one I'll have buffed all day. Force Screen for intermediate challenges, then greater concealing amorpha for challenging encounters.

Share Pain and Vigor all day, remanifesting as need be.

Dropping Control Body, between the power attack tree and the buffs here, should be enough :) Not to mention empowered disintegrates without losing psionic focus for 10pp (33d6), or even empowered augmented (15pp, 48d6).. Silliness. The character is strong enough! :)

Also, I'll probably take 2 levels in Swordsage at some point later to gain wis-to-ac, some maneuvers and a katana. Kill Bill style :)

Flaws/Feats, I can check I suppose,