PDA

View Full Version : Druid Build Help (Pathfinder)

IamL
2013-10-02, 08:26 AM
So, I was looking at playing a druid in an IRL campaign.
I was also neded to be a bit of a gish build, so I thought I'd take a 1-level Lotus Style Monk dip for the Wisdom to AC, Touch of Serenity, Flurry of Blows, etc.

I was looking for advice on feats, skills, spells, and druid archetypes.

Oh, BTW, the GM houseruled that Flurry of Blows is a standard action, not a full-round one.

Please advise.

Psyren
2013-10-02, 09:02 AM
Standard action flurry is nice, but I think your natural weapons from wildshape will be more useful; Druid won't advance flurry anyway. Consider combining Monk of the Lotus with Master of Many Styles - they are compatible, you'll still get Wis to AC plus Touch of Serenity, and you'll gain style feats instead of Flurry.

As far as Druid advice, have you read Treantmonk's guide yet? Specifically Spirit of the Beast. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab/druid-handbook-part-2)

IamL
2013-10-02, 09:04 AM
Oh, yeah, I should probably give the party layout and my rolled stats:
Layout:
A half-elf skillmonkey rogue
A bard with a boatload of charisma and intelligence
A scholarly wizard with ranks in everything knowledge
And, finally, me, the only person in the group with any wisdom, the monk/druid.

IamL
2013-10-02, 09:06 AM
Standard action flurry is nice, but I think your natural weapons from wildshape will be more useful; Druid won't advance flurry anyway. Consider combining Monk of the Lotus with Master of Many Styles - they are compatible, you'll still get Wis to AC plus Touch of Serenity, and you'll gain style feats instead of Flurry.

As far as Druid advice, have you read Treantmonk's guide yet? Specifically Spirit of the Beast. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab/druid-handbook-part-2)
Thanks!
I thought you got FoB while in natural form, though...since they're natural attacks.
Still, probably better to pick up Master of Many Styles as well.

EDIT: So, I was thinking about what I wanted my build to be centered around, and I figured that battlefield control was as good a place to start as any. After all, I can effectively paralyze somebody for a turn with an archetype ability, and lots of druid spells focus on battlefield control. That, plus my animal companion and a few traits (GM allows two) should really help me.