PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Tabletop United...New to the system and have some questions.

Giegue
2013-10-02, 08:35 AM
As the title asks. I just found this system and it looks like a definite improvement over the original pokemon tabletop adventurers(No level 0 yay!!) but I am confused about a few things that I have listed below..

A) I am not fully sure how you decide your starting attributes. All I could find in the book was that you can take points from some and give them to others. However, it does not state what each attribute starts at, so this is confusing me.

B) Since you do not start at level 0, can you choose a trainer class at character creation so long as you meet it's prerequisites? Again, I could not find anything on this in the book so some clarification would be nice.

If anybody can clarify these questions for me I'd be grateful.

ManifestPR
2013-10-03, 06:23 PM
I have only played PTA and not PTU but I recommend asking the people on this chat. They were extremely helpful when I started DM for my PTA game. Just leave your questions there.

https://tr.edupad.ch/12?

Sir_Mopalot
2013-10-15, 01:25 AM
From page 35 of the PDF:

1) Determine Attribute Ranks. The Three Attributes are Body, Mind, and Spirit. Each Attribute Rank starts at Average (+0). You then may apply five Rank Ups to your Attributes as you wish. You may also lower an Attribute to raise another by the same number of Ranks. Obviously, Attributes may not go lower than Terrible (-2) or higher than Amazing (+6).

So they start at zero, you have 5 points to distribute around, and you can lower one to get more points.