PDA

View Full Version : Non-copyrighted music

Jeivar
2013-10-02, 10:20 AM
I need a brief soundtrack for a homemade trailer for a project of mine. Just some generic suspense/action/adventure instrumentals. Classical symphonies won't do it, so is there some place online for non-copyrighted music?
I'd really appreciate some help.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-10-02, 10:25 AM
Behold: Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/)! Basically exactly what you wanted.

Jeivar
2013-10-02, 10:33 AM
Whoa! This is perfect! Thanks. :smallsmile:

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-10-02, 10:39 AM
Whoa! This is perfect! Thanks. :smallsmile:
You're welcome! I've found it invaluable for a lot of endeavors.

Dr.Epic
2013-10-02, 05:40 PM
Do a search on Amazon for royalty free music. You should be able to find downloadable albums with 200 songs for less than $10.

Some Android
2016-02-08, 12:57 AM
Do a search on Amazon for royalty free music. You should be able to find downloadable albums with 200 songs for less than $10.

I'd recommend against that. I've done exactly that and later found out some of the tracks weren't royalty free.

Starwulf
2016-02-08, 02:31 AM
I'd recommend against that. I've done exactly that and later found out some of the tracks weren't royalty free.

If it's marketed by Amazon as royalty free music, and some of it isn't in fact royalty free, I'd imagine that the music artist whose music is being used illegally would go after Amazon, and not after the consumer who bought it with the understand that it was royalty free. Or at the least, the consumer could sue Amazon for false advertisement and get whatever fines he/she is hit with paid for by Amazon.

Ravens_cry
2016-02-08, 06:11 AM
If you do use Kevin MacLeod's music, make sure to credit him in some way. Far too often I see people use his music without doing so.

Psyren
2016-02-08, 11:36 AM
Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/legalmusicforvideos/) offers a number of resources to help you find music tracks published under that license. While we can't give legal advice here, the purpose of that license is to provide access to creative works that you can use/reuse without getting in trouble, provided you follow any specific stipulations noted for the track in question.

Mx.Silver
2016-02-08, 01:17 PM
This thread was made in 2013, so it's probably a bit late for suggestions :smalltongue:

Starwulf
2016-02-08, 07:30 PM
Sonuva....totally didn't realize it was a necro'd post >< Normally I notice that. Good catch!