PDA

View Full Version : Captain America: Last in the Pathfinder Build Series

nlitherl
2013-10-02, 12:21 PM
Some folks have probably seen a few of my Avengers Pathfinder build suggestion articles before. Captain America is the last in the series, though some argued he should have been first. I hope folks find this useful, and enjoy it as much as I did.

Captain America (http://voices.yahoo.com/captain-america-character-build-first-avenger-12337866.html?cat=38)

Drelua
2013-10-02, 03:31 PM
While I only skimmed the article, I've gotta say that I disagree with a lot of what I saw. I'd go with the Brawler archetype since he only really uses close weapons and Brawlers get an extra plus two damage, and shields are technically still close weapons if you throw them. Plus they get some pretty cool abilities on top of that.

As for representing his super soldier serum, his strength went up a lot more than two; he probably went from about 7 to 18 or 20. Obviously you'd rebuild him, but a plus two to every stat wouldn't come close to getting every score high enough. I'd give him the advanced template, maybe twice, and probably a couple levels in Monk, possibly Master of Many Styles to get him Dragon Style and Dragon Ferocity to stretch his strength bonus a bit further. Of course he loses the Wisdom bonus to AC using when he's using a shield, but this would help keep him alive when he's fighting without it. Give him Two-Weapon Fighting for when he's using both, since he'll have the feats to spare and a high enough dexterity.

I do agree with you on the shield though, definitely adamantine with a high enhancement bonus, bashing and returning.