PDA

View Full Version : Battle for the kingdoms [IC]

Jareziah
2013-10-02, 12:53 PM
Note that you do not know eachother and that you are not together right now.

Morbis Meh

You've arrived to the glorious human capital, the city is filled with guards on every corner. You don't see any orcs, nor many gnomes. However the city is alive and everyone seems happy and many have already started celebrating.
As you entered the city, you've heard some rumors about some amazing fireworks show at the palace square tonight.

You have 4 hours to spend, before the fireworks show.

Tyrann

You've arrived to the glorious human capital, the city is filled with guards on every corner. You don't see any orcs, nor many gnomes. However the city is alive and everyone seems happy and many have already started celebrating.
As you entered the city, you've heard some rumors about some amazing fireworks show at the palace square tonight.

Trivino

Batpope Scott

Morbis Meh
2013-10-03, 08:50 AM
Finn strutted into town with a beat in his step and a jaunty tune in his heart. The day was lovely and warm and Finn had an itch he just needed to scratch, unfortunately he only had to coins to rub together at the moment which wasn't the greatest start to the day. So setting out the well dressed gnome begins asking around for nice place to play 'a game of cards'

[roll0]

Batpope Scott
2013-10-03, 09:07 AM
Oberon strode through the crowds with a smirk for the festivities. Oh, how he missed being part of the world. He keeps his hood up but commonly stops to look at stalls and stores for their neat trinkets before moving on; he's smart enough not to buy useless things.

He decided he'd like to get a drink and decided he'd look around for the nearest pub. Surely there must be many in the human capitol.

Tyrann
2013-10-03, 11:00 AM
..Wow this city is huge..

A young elf stops a few hundred meters short of the drawbridge, several people passing him as he holds up the steady stream of traffic to admire the height of the city's outer walls.

..And there's so many guards as well. I don't think..

He paused mid-thought as he heard a whimper, and then a growling.

Fae, down!
I'm sorry sir, but to be fair you did just walk into a wolf.
Come Fae, we'd best stop clogging up the road.
Heel.

Once the wolf and him were a safe distance away from the crowd he laughed to himself as he petted the wolf behind her ear.

What am I going to do with you.. Let's go see if we can find a butcher

Another whimper.

No, not for you. I promised you steak didn't I?

So, after the butcher had been found and the steak had been bought and devoured, Saelas (and Fae) spent three of the four hours exploring the city and looking at the celebrations that were already going on. Occasionally Saelas would stop to listen about how great the fireworks would be, and ask for the best places in town to get a good view. He asked a guard if it was legal to sleep in the the park, and if not, he would have gotten a room at an inn assuming he could leave his wolf somewhere. If not he would have thought he'd just sleep outside the city.

He spent the last hour trying to get to the best vantage point for the fireworks

Gather information for good view for fireworks.
[roll0]
Search check for vantage point.
[roll1]

Jareziah
2013-10-04, 02:05 AM
Batpope Scott
Rather quickly you pass by an inn, "The Striding Pony". As you enter, you see an inn filled with people.

Morbis Meh
You pass by a questionable man, he sits by a table flashing card tricks over and over, while kind of yelling. "Try your luck, can you beat me in a game of cards?, win twice your bet!

Tyrann
You manage to find a rather good spot, on a roof just next to the palace square, you have a complete overview over the square and not many people is on the roof.

Tyrann
2013-10-04, 04:11 AM
..Ah, this is a nice spot. I'm glad we spent this time looking..

Saelas sits down in lotus position somewhere near the edge of the roof, so he can have a good look of what's going on down below.

..I don't know why but for some reason humans in a big group like this always remind me of ants. So many of them, and it seems like they can only be a worker or a warrior. I suppose they'd be the red kind that stings. Still, if I'm going to watch an anthill, this is a pretty fun one..

He has his wolf lie down next to him and looks out over the square.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-04, 09:49 AM
Finn smiles and approaches the shady figure "What's the name of the game sir, my purse is a little low and could definitely lose some filling.

Trivino
2013-10-04, 09:52 AM
Riggs let out a loud belch as he entered the large city. Happy to notice an absence of Orcs, Riggs casually walks to the nearest citizen and offers a hearty greeting.

"Hello there, lad! Could ye point me to the nearest tavern? I be getting a thirst after all that travelling!"

Jareziah
2013-10-05, 10:56 AM
Morbis Meh

Oh, the game is easy! You just have to pick a card, and follow it with your eyes, and when the game is over. You have to find your card and you will win! The man quickly says, with a dodgy smile.

Trivino

The citizen returns your greeting with warmth and says: Oh, Hi there! There is an inn up that way.. He points up ahead. .. It's called "The Striding Pony", a very good one indeed.

Tyrann you will be tentative until everyone else reaches the same point as you.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-05, 03:50 PM
A quick stride over to the bar later and Oberon waves over the barkeep before stating that he'd like to order an ale. He looks around the crowd for suspicious sorts but it's less of a search and more of a passive glance. There's not a whole lot of reason for worry; armed men don't run into much trouble.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-07, 08:41 AM
Finn smiles at the dodgy man and lays his last two gold pieces down on the table. "I'm in then and may Lady luck smile upon me, her humble servant." He knew this game was rigged but that didn't matter much since he could beat the game with his innate talents.

Trivino
2013-10-07, 11:25 PM
Riggs rumbles his way to the tavern and lets makes his presence known with a loud, bellowing voice.

"Aye, I needs a drink!"

Jareziah
2013-10-08, 05:53 AM
Batpope Scott & Trivino

Batpope Scott, you see no one of interest, but as you are about to order your ale, you are interrupted.. "Aye, I needs a drink!".. The dwarf who entered after you says with a loud, bellowing voice.

Trivino, you are served a mug of ale.. "That will be 7 copper pieces.. The barkeep holds out his hand, not letting go of the mug, before he received the coins.

Morbis Meh

As you put down the coins, a huge grin appears on the mans face, you can see his black teeth, some are missing and others are broken. "Pick your card, my friend, memorize it and give it back to me.." He pauses for a moment.. Do not take your eyes of the card.. He finishes the sentence, as he spreads the cards on the table, allowing you to pick a card.
12 cards are visible on the table. (You may improvise the image on your card)

Morbis Meh
2013-10-08, 08:32 AM
Finn grabs one of the cards, not caring which, then wordlessly alters the front in a subtle fashion, in a way that this dirty man with the bad breathe wouldn't notice but in a way that he would point out immediately. Once finished Finn hands the card back satisfied with his efforts.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-08, 11:29 AM
Oberon grabs three silver out of his pouch and hands them to the bartender as he smiles behind his mask from the memory of a similarly exuberant dwarf. "That should cover a pair of rounds for the both of us, eh barkeep?"

Turning to the dwarf, he states "Excuse my poor Dwarven, but (In Dwarven:) <I am known as Oberon. It's a pleasure to meet you.>"

Trivino
2013-10-08, 12:33 PM
Riggs watches, shocked, as the human before him pays for his drink. He becomes even more shocked as the human introduces himself... in Dwarven!

Riggs takes a quick drink of his ale and offers a large grin.

"A human who speaks Dwarven and buys me ale? That makes you a friend to me! Name's Riggs. I be new to these here parts. I heard there is a fireworks show tonight. Will you be watchin' them?"

Batpope Scott
2013-10-08, 03:13 PM
"I am, indeed, but sadly I'll have to search for them since I'm as new here as yourself." Oberon tugs at the cloth mask he wears and pulls down his hood to reveal his mid-length auburn hair and trimmed beard. He takes a drink from the mug he ordered with a sigh of relief. He mutters something about "...better than rain water..." before looking back to the dwarf.

Trivino
2013-10-08, 09:26 PM
Riggs downed his ale in a couple quick gulps before offering a cheesy grin to the generous human Oberon.

"Well then. I s'pose we best be looking for these fireworks! I hear these be the best fireworks around! What do ya say?"

As Riggs awaits to hear from his new companion, he looks over to the bartender and tosses a gold piece onto the bar.

"Bartender! Give me and me mate here more booze! And make them to go!"

Batpope Scott
2013-10-08, 10:06 PM
"Sounds good to me." Gods know he could use the company. He imitates the dwarf's downing of the mug with a couple quick mouthfuls of his own before stepping off his stool, waiting to carry his share of the booze.

Jareziah
2013-10-09, 03:01 AM
Batpope Scott & Trivino

The Bartender grabs two poorly made waterskins and fills them with ale, he then takes the gold pieces and hands you the waterskins.

Morbis Meh

The old man collects the cards and places yours in the middle, he then throws them into the air, you quickly notice the cards begin to multiply and in no time, there are hundreds of cards. He tosses them around, you sense some kind of magic must be at play here, as the cards seem to move on their own, with their own conscious.
As the cards fly around in the air, the man says: "Pick your card, but be careful, you might lose those coins", he finishes the sentence with a laugh.
(Make a spot check to see if you can spot your own card, take 20 is allowed.)

Morbis Meh
2013-10-09, 08:42 AM
Finn gives a crooked smile of his own as he faintly beings chanting, a glazed look goes over his eyes as he focuses on the cards and their aura's appear.

Standard action to cast detect magic and I will concentrate for 3 rounds so I can separate the aura from the card I drew with the aura of the spell. If that doesn't work then he will take 20 during this on spot for a 24

spellcraft for spell identities [roll0]

Trivino
2013-10-09, 10:15 AM
Riggs grabs his waterskin full of ale and leads his new friend out of the bar. As the smell of fresh air hits his nostrils, Riggs lets out a relaxed sigh.

"Well, I s'pose it's best we be lookin' for these fireworks..."

Riggs looks around and grabs the attention of the first person to walk by. He waves his arms around excitedly as he bellows with a loud booming voice.

"Excuse me! My friend and me be lookin' for some fireworks. Know where we can find them?"

Jareziah
2013-10-11, 06:44 AM
Morbis Meh

The cards does not yield any magic auras, except for yours, nor can you recognize why the cards multiplied.

You can grab your card, if you wish.

Trivino

A female human stops right in front of you, and says "I can show you guys the way, just follow me", she begins to walk ahead.

Trivino
2013-10-11, 07:58 AM
Riggs looks over to his Human companion and grins.

"Aye!"

Riggs then follows the woman, grinning the entire way.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-11, 08:26 AM
Finn easily grabs his card from the mix and presents it to the greasy man "Seems like I am still in Lady Lucks good graces, thanks for the game old chap but I would like my hard earned gold please."

Batpope Scott
2013-10-11, 12:25 PM
"Thank you very much, miss." Oberon follows along, blessing his fortunes that the day is going so well.

Jareziah
2013-10-12, 04:45 PM
Trivino & Batpope Scott

She leads you to the palace square and dissappears in the crowd.

Morbis Meh

He hands you the coins without a word.

Trivino
2013-10-12, 06:00 PM
Riggs flashes a toothy grin at Oberon as he takes a swig of ale and drops onto the ground.

"Time for some fireworks, lad! Get comfy!" Riggs exclaims. Riggs then gets cozy, waiting for the fireworks to start.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-12, 06:22 PM
"Perhaps we should find a good place to rest away from the crowd? I'd probably see the fireworks better without someone's elbow ending up in my stomach."

Oberon takes a drink from his ale and looks around for a good place to sit.

Trivino
2013-10-12, 06:37 PM
"Aye lad, I agree with ya on that one! Away with the crowds!" Riggs bellows before following Oberon to a more comfortable spot.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-15, 08:39 AM
Finn takes his gold and walks away whistling cheerfully, along the way he will give one gold coin to a poor orphan to keep his karma good. Once that's done he will just loaf around the area until the fireworks begin.

Jareziah
2013-10-17, 07:22 AM
On a large balcony, high up on the palace wall, a lady comes forth and everyone grows silent.

She welcomes everyone and speaks of peace and celebration, but also of loss in the war and that everyone must do their part to uphold the peace.

As she finishes, the fireworks start, they are stunningly beautiful. You quickly notice that they show a story of a man, who went to war and his journey through those hard times.

When the show is over, your hear men and women, cheering in joy. The square comes alive and people start leaving the square, going to pubs and inns.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-17, 08:23 AM
With everyone preoccupied, Finn decides to take a stroll down to the richer side of the city to see if any homes are suitable for looting. Heck at this time of night on this day it would be so easy for him to walk in and take whatever valuables he could carry. Half of the proceedings would go to an orphanage or church of course, good fortune should always be passed on to the less fortunate.

Let me know what rolls you require

Batpope Scott
2013-10-17, 05:02 PM
Oberon looks over to his dwarf companion after the fireworks end and asks "What were your plans after this, Riggs?"

Tyrann
2013-10-17, 07:34 PM
Saelas wonders who this lady is, could she be Shiara the Merciless?

Not sure what rolls you require for that, but just in case:
Spot [roll0]
Knowledge history/local/royalty (same score) [roll1]

Jareziah
2013-10-18, 03:06 AM
Saelas wonders who this lady is, could she be Shiara the Merciless?

Not sure what rolls you require for that, but just in case:
Spot [roll0]
Knowledge history/local/royalty (same score) [roll1]

Yup, that is Shiara.

With everyone preoccupied, Finn decides to take a stroll down to the richer side of the city to see if any homes are suitable for looting. Heck at this time of night on this day it would be so easy for him to walk in and take whatever valuables he could carry. Half of the proceedings would go to an orphanage or church of course, good fortune should always be passed on to the less fortunate.

Let me know what rolls you require

You see plenty of houses, yet even more guards. There is at least one at each house.

Trivino
2013-10-18, 05:14 AM
After being dazzled by the spectacular fireworks show, Riggs passes a glance at his comrade, Oberon.

"Well lad, I didn't have me any plans. I'm always good for a drink, but I will follow ya for now. Where to?"

As he looks over Oberon, Riggs pulls out his ale-skin and takes a quick drink.

Tyrann
2013-10-18, 03:26 PM
Saelas listens to Shiara's speech with a mild dose of skepticism. ..If this is really the same woman that led the armies of the humans I'm not sure I believe all this talk of peace..

[roll0]
After watching the beautiful fireworks he decides to pack up his things and ask a dwarf for the best place to get a drink around these parts.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-18, 04:28 PM
"I don't really have any plans either. I was going to visit for the celebrations and then head off into the wilds again after I'd rested. Back to the tavern, or shall we go exploring?"

Jareziah
2013-10-18, 07:26 PM
Saelas listens to Shiara's speech with a mild dose of skepticism. ..If this is really the same woman that led the armies of the humans I'm not sure I believe all this talk of peace..

[roll0]
After watching the beautiful fireworks he decides to pack up his things and ask a dwarf for the best place to get a drink around these parts.

To you, the speech seems rehearsed and not trustworthy at all, like she is reading from a well written script.

You find a dwarf who is walking with a human. (Trivino & Batpope Scott)

Trivino & Batpope Scott

You are interrupted by an elf, who wishes to know the best place to get a drink.

Tyrann
2013-10-18, 08:34 PM
Making his way trough the crowds Saelas spots Oberon and Riggs.
..Yep that is definitely a dwarf. But he looks like a warrior so maybe he's with the local militia? No I don't think he is, because that man with him looks like a traveler. Interesting..

He walks up and says:
Greetings friends, are you here from out of town as well? That beard is awesome. I was looking to get a drink for lack of other ideas, but I'm not quite sure on the local ale. Are either of you familiar with the local taverns?

Meanwhile Fae walks over to Oberon and puts her nose in his hand, asking to be petted.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-19, 02:24 AM
Oberon chuckles as he obediently pets the wolf. He answers the question by holding up the aleskin and saying "The tavern we went to had pretty normal human brew. I haven't been here long, but I'd wager a better selection could be found if we asked around." He holds out the container and states "You can try it, if you want. I think we were just deciding on where we should go next, anyway, so we might end up following you to the tap." He laughs a bit at that in a show of good faith.

Tyrann
2013-10-19, 07:24 PM
"Oh wow thank you." Saelas smiles as he takes the aleskin from Oberon and takes a small sip.
"Hmm. That's not half bad. That's really kind of you."
He hands back the skin and nods as a sign of appreciating the good manners as he does so.
"You know what, if you two want to go to the tavern I'd be glad to buy you the first round."

Trivino
2013-10-21, 03:39 AM
Riggs stood idly by as Oberon converses with the stranger. At the mention of a free ale, however, Riggs perks up as an oversized grin covers his face.

"Well this day just keeps getting better! I'd be glad to take ya up on that free drink!"

Batpope Scott
2013-10-21, 05:31 AM
"Well, it seems we're a party of three tonight." Oberon chuckles again as he starts to lead the way to the tavern he and Riggs were at earlier. "The tavern's this way. I believe I'm sober enough still to not get lost." he pauses a moment before adding "My name's Oberon, by the way. I'm a ranger by trade."

Jareziah
2013-10-21, 06:34 AM
You are able to find the tavern again.

Tyrann
2013-10-21, 10:06 AM
"Well met Oberon, my name is Saelas. As for my trade, I'm afraid I don't think I currently have one.."
He gets a bit of a glint in his eyes.
"But I suppose I'll be a druid someday."
He pauses for a few seconds as thought lost in thought but then looks over to the Riggs.
"And you, master dwarf? What might I call you?""

You are able to find the tavern again.

As they enter the tavern, Saelas looks for a table for three.

Trivino
2013-10-21, 10:18 AM
"Why I be Riggs!" Riggs beams as he waltzes into the tavern.

As the bartender glances over at the incoming trio, Riggs flashes his familiar grin.

"A round for me comrades and me!"

Morbis Meh
2013-10-21, 01:17 PM
Finn takes his time and selects the most out of the way house that still looks like it has some goodies inside and only one guard. He will wait patiently in the shadows then he will quietly cast a spell, lulling the guard to sleep.

Casting sleep on the guard DC 16

Jareziah
2013-10-23, 01:24 AM
The Group
You are able to find a table, around the center of the tavern.

Morbis Meh

The spell has no effect on him.

Edited the roll out, as I noticed the spell does not effect his HD.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-23, 01:58 AM
As the group settles in at the table, Oberon asks "So, Saelas, I'm guessing your want to be a druid is why you travel with a wolf?" He finishes off what was left in his aleskin after his question.

Tyrann
2013-10-23, 05:05 PM
Saelas has his wolf lie down under the table, and responds to Oberon:

"Well, technically I finished most of my training. I just never took up the duties that come after. After the war ended I figured this might be my only chance to see the world. So I sort of just packed up my things. And I've been seeing the world ever since.

And Fae's been with me ever since she was a puppy. Which is for about 3 years now. I tried leaving her at home when I started traveling but she wouldn't have any of it.

I'm glad she's with me though. Makes traveling a lot easier. Or at the very least more interesting.

I'm not really sure where to go next though."

He looks around the bar, partly to see if the drinks are arriving, but also to get a feel for how easy it is to overhear what's being said on this table, and to see if there are any people in uniform nearby.

When the drinks arrive he pays for them and raises his cup.

"Cheers!"

Batpope Scott
2013-10-23, 05:48 PM
"Cheers." Oberon takes a deep drink before saying "Well, your sightseeing probably isn't doing any real harm. The elves I knew always seemed to act like every misfortune was leading to the end of the world, though my immediate family was always the kind to assume that orcs would drop from on-high anytime you held your sword wrong, anyway."

Tyrann
2013-10-24, 07:35 AM
Saelas raises an eyebrow. "Wait.." He pauses for a moment and continues with a short question in elven, sounding confused.

"<Did you just say your family?>"

Batpope Scott
2013-10-24, 08:11 AM
Oberon smiles and replies, in a fluent elven.
"<I did, actually. My mother was half-elven and my father was human.>"

Tyrann
2013-10-24, 07:28 PM
Saelas looks at Oberon for a few seconds, as though he were studying him. It's almost awkward. When he speaks again the words sound weighed, careful.

"<Your accent.. is.. forgive me but never before have I experienced one that looks so human do such grace unto our language. Would that I could pronounce common that flawlessly..>"

"But oh." He turns to Riggs. " I'm sorry. We were just talking about where Oberon is from. How's your ale?"