PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLVI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

McBish
2013-10-02, 01:02 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavernAnimated.gif

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a small white stone platform with a blue tree-like symbol on it. Standing on this platform will teleport someone to the Sanctuary Fortress located Inside where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog
Manager: El Jaspero
Bartenders: The Watchers (they're nice deranged cultists, really!), Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8627338#post8627338) (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
White Russian Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) - for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"
SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

((When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.))

Morty
2013-10-02, 01:49 PM
The same announcement that now adorns the walls of the NO facilities has been posted in Trog's:

ATTENTION, EVERYONE:

NO has signed an exclusive security contract with Trog's Tavern and the Black Dragon's Den. The deal is as follows:

Every NO member or license holder will receive a commission for any heist, robbery or other attack they help to stop.
No negotiating the commission during an attempted attack.
Compensation for NO members who try to stop an attack that ultimately succeeds.
Participating in a robbery of either of the two places is now grounds for revoking the license.

Recaiden
2013-10-02, 02:22 PM
I'm... a very weird kind in comparison to your kind. She giggles nervously, then a sort of... stained-glass-like pattern briefly spreads up her neck to under her eyes before fading.
Like I said...

"Pretty. No, not exactly normal?" 99 shrugs. "Weird within abnormal, but, that's okay?" She doesn't show off any transformations, because she doesn't have any.

Beans
2013-10-02, 04:27 PM
She shrugs. I can do more, buuuut I... prefer not to, I like being as I am.

Recaiden
2013-10-02, 10:32 PM
99 nods. "Depends what kind of more it is? There's something for being almost normal?"

Arkhosia
2013-10-03, 02:15 PM
A young girl about 18 years old in a yellow robe and black boots with chalky pale skin and bunny ears enters.

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-03, 02:16 PM
[Smoking Section, Table in Shadowy Corner #467]

There's a fellow here, relaxing quite casually into one of the chairs around the table. He's of average height, but lean and wiry, wearing a comfortable-looking suit of leather armor, dyed black with burgundy details and trim. He's redheaded, and doesn't actually have an eye color, insofar as he doesn't appear to have irises at all. There's a crossbow slung across his back, but no bolts in sight.

He's lazily looking around the room, as if waiting for someone, but doesn't precisely seem to be in a rush. Really, he's just sitting there for now, nursing a glass of wine.

He doesn't appear particularly fazed by the normal chaos of the smoking section.

Arkhosia
2013-10-03, 02:19 PM

There's a fellow here, relaxing quite casually into one of the chairs around the table. He's of average height, but lean and wiry, wearing a comfortable-looking suit of leather armor, dyed black with burgundy details and trim. He's redheaded, and doesn't actually have an eye color, insofar as he doesn't appear to have irises at all. There's a crossbow slung across his back, but no bolts in sight.

He's lazily looking around the room, as if waiting for someone, but doesn't precisely seem to be in a rush. Really, he's just sitting there for now, nursing a glass of wine.

He doesn't appear particularly fazed by the normal chaos of the smoking section.

The vampire, whose name is Celica, enters the smoking section, looking for her potential mentor.

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-03, 02:24 PM

It doesn't take long for the man in burgundy to spot the girl; she's fairly distinct, after all. Background NPCs are a mixed batch, but they're so nondescript most of the time that people who matter can usually just see right through them.

At any rate, she'll probably spot the man in the corner waving her over. He seems pretty unassuming. Then again, if she knows her history at all, she might just know him as "that guy who summoned two angry Titans in the middle of a crowded Inside street for giggles."

Beans
2013-10-03, 02:26 PM
99 nods. "Depends what kind of more it is? There's something for being almost normal?"

More as in... as in, like, entirely non-humanoid looking.

Arkhosia
2013-10-03, 02:27 PM

It doesn't take long for the man in burgundy to spot the girl; she's fairly distinct, after all. Background NPCs are a mixed batch, but they're so nondescript most of the time that people who matter can usually just see right through them.

At any rate, she'll probably spot the man in the corner waving her over. He seems pretty unassuming. Then again, if she knows her history at all, she might just know him as "that guy who summoned two angry Titans in the middle of a crowded Inside street for giggles."

Celica does notice, and bounds over to him
Hello there! Celica Mystral, Vampire and, I believe, your Potential Apprentice!
In a blur, she extends her left arm to him.

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-03, 02:34 PM

The man smiles, and extends his own left arm for a healthy handshake. Just right, really: Not too crushing, nor weak.

"It's pleasant to meet you in person, Miss Mystral. I'm Cyrus Ahu, sometimes called The Heart of Iniquity. But please, just call me Cyrus. Not 'Master Ahu', or any other such ridiculous appellation, mind you. I'm not nearly insecure enough to demand that of anyone."

He grins at his own joke.

"Please, take a seat.", he motions with his right hand.

Arkhosia
2013-10-03, 02:37 PM

The man smiles, and extends his own left arm for a healthy handshake. Just right, really: Not too crushing, nor weak.

"It's pleasant to meet you in person, Miss Mystral. I'm Cyrus Ahu, sometimes called The Heart of Iniquity. But please, just call me Cyrus. Not 'Master Ahu', or any other such ridiculous appellation, mind you. I'm not nearly insecure enough to demand that of anyone."

He grins at his own joke.

"Please, take a seat.", he motions with his right hand.
Celica sits down.
Glad to meet you in person as well, Cyrus!

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-03, 02:44 PM
Cyrus smiles warmly.

"Now, before you do something as dangerous as directly immersing yourself in sorcery without any background, I have one very, very important question.

Why do you want to learn magic? It doesn't have to be specific reason, just a general goal. In essence, what do you hope to gain or achieve with spells? Do you do it out of a sense of duty, to search for justice? Knowledge for knowledge's sake? Power? Perhaps something yet more interesting?"

The fellow has a good poker face. There's definitely something riding on her answer to the question, but he's not about to give away just what before she actually answers.

Arkhosia
2013-10-03, 02:50 PM
Cyrus smiles warmly.

"Now, before you do something as dangerous as directly immersing yourself in sorcery without any background, I have one very, very important question.

Why do you want to learn magic? It doesn't have to be specific reason, just a general goal. In essence, what do you hope to gain or achieve with spells? Do you do it out of a sense of duty, to search for justice? Knowledge for knowledge's sake? Power? Perhaps something yet more interesting?"

The fellow has a good poker face. There's definitely something riding on her answer to the question, but he's not about to give away just what before she actually answers.

I wish to be able to defend myself and hold my own in combat.

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-03, 02:57 PM
He seems just a touch surprised at her answer. Somehow she managed to answer his question without actually telling him what he really wanted to know.

"Tell me then, why do you fight that you would need this magic at all? Surely you must seek something out of it, even if it is no more than the thrill of bloodshed. You can't mean simply survival. Every man and woman who has told me that has been a liar."

Cyrus takes another sip of his wine.

Arkhosia
2013-10-03, 03:02 PM
He seems just a touch surprised at her answer. Somehow she managed to answer his question without actually telling him what he really wanted to know.

"Tell me then, why do you fight that you would need this magic at all? Surely you must seek something out of it, even if it is no more than the thrill of bloodshed."

Cyrus takes another sip of his wine.

I don't want to ever be truly incapacitated. A martial fighter can be defeated if you break their weapon, but a wizard can never be incapacitated After all, how can you incapacitate your mind?.

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-03, 03:08 PM
Cyrus grins a wicked grin at that last statement.

"I dunno, I've definitely crafted some spells that can do exactly that."

Well, that's not ominous.

"So what I think you're trying to say is that you basically want freedom. Freedom from the limitations of your body, freedom to gain your heart's desires, and freedom from the worry of constant threat. Is that right?"

Arkhosia
2013-10-03, 03:10 PM
Cyrus grins a wicked grin at that last statement.

"I dunno, I've definitely crafted some spells that can do exactly that."

Well, that's not ominous.

"So what I think you're trying to say is that you basically want freedom. Freedom from the limitations of your body, freedom to gain your heart's desires, and freedom from the worry of constant threat. Is that right?"
Celica grins.
Exactly!

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-03, 03:39 PM
[Big Post Warning]

The mage leans back into his chair, sporting quite a smirk.

"Well, in that case, I can help you after all. The reason I asked is because my variety of magic draws strength from the philosophy of the wielder; if you'd lied and said, for example, that you wanted magic to bring criminals to justice or something, I'd have ended up teaching you magic that you couldn't use because you didn't really believe in it. Now, this next bit's a touch in-depth, so listen closely."

He pulls a deck of strange cards out of his pocket. They don't look like Tarot or Four Suits, so most people probably couldn't identify them.

"I practice a form of magic that's more or less ubiquitous where I'm from. There, it's just called magic. Here, it's often called the Color Wheel. It's quite powerful, and interacts with almost everything; in fact, most spells from other types of magic will 'translate' to an equivalent for proper interaction.

Now, there are five colors of magic. The first color is White, associated with the Light and Order."

He pulls out a card containing a stylized image of a Star.

"White magic is practiced by most of the religious types, as well as Lawkeepers."

He pulls out a second card, laying it on top of the first. This one contains a droplet of water, once again stylized.

"The second color is Blue, associated with the Water and Knowledge. It's similar to the kind of magic that most people think of when they hear the word 'wizard'. It's organized, rational, and coldly logical."

A third card slides to the top of the pile. This one contains a tree.

"The third color is Green, representing Growth and Life. Be not mistaken, though. It can itself be quite savage when pushed."

A fourth slides out. This one has a skull.

"The fourth is Black, for those who seek power and are not afraid to pay for what they want. Black is the color of the selfish, but it is not inherently evil. Capitalism, which is part of what runs the Nexus, is a very Black philosophy, for example."

A final card doesn't slide, but actually flips out of the deck and lands face-up on top.

"And the last color, the one that I think you'll find strongest for you, is Red. Red governs passion and freedom, but also things like fire and destruction. Red is chaos given form, ideal for victory in the din of battle.

You're lucky, actually. While any mage can draw a bit of strength from themselves, they'll need to attune themselves to places where their virtue has power if they wish to draw upon greater reserves, which are quite necessary for stronger spells. Trog's Tavern is an ideal example; the place is so strange and order-defying, not to mention so malleable and filled with general chaos, that Red Mana is practically oozing from the walls for those with the power to grab it.

So your first assignment is to grab it. Don't try to do anything with it, since you'll probably just end up accidentally incinerating yourself or something if you try to shape it without knowing what you're doing, but get a hold of it.

Focus on the desire and passion within you; for a moment, just excise the thoughts of order and restriction from your mind. Don't think, just reach out and feel."

A first foray into magery may not be the hardest step, but it's very much a do-or-die sort of thing. She probably couldn't do this normally, just by thinking about it. Not as a total novice. But if she follows the advice and just reaches out with her heart and very soul, she might just feel something strangely warm, waiting to be molded.

Arkhosia
2013-10-03, 03:44 PM
[Big Post Warning]

The mage leans back into his chair, sporting quite a smirk.

"Well, in that case, I can help you after all. The reason I asked is because my variety of magic draws strength from the philosophy of the wielder; if you'd lied and said, for example, that you wanted magic to bring criminals to justice or something, I'd have ended up teaching you magic that you couldn't use because you didn't really believe in it. Now, this next bit's a touch in-depth, so listen closely."

He pulls a deck of strange cards out of his pocket. They don't look like Tarot or Four Suits, so most people probably couldn't identify them.

"I practice a form of magic that's more or less ubiquitous where I'm from. There, it's just called magic. Here, it's often called the Color Wheel. It's quite powerful, and interacts with almost everything; in fact, most spells from other types of magic will 'translate' to an equivalent for proper interaction.

Now, there are five colors of magic. The first color is White, associated with the Light and Order."

He pulls out a card containing a stylized image of a Star.

"White magic is practiced by most of the religious types, as well as Lawkeepers."

He pulls out a second card, laying it on top of the first. This one contains a droplet of water, once again stylized.

"The second color is Blue, associated with the Water and Knowledge. It's similar to the kind of magic that most people think of when they hear the word 'wizard'. It's organized, rational, and coldly logical."

A third card slides to the top of the pile. This one contains a tree.

"The third color is Green, representing Growth and Life. Be not mistaken, though. It can itself be quite savage when pushed."

A fourth slides out. This one has a skull.

"The fourth is Black, for those who seek power and are not afraid to pay for what they want. Black is the color of the selfish, but it is not inherently evil. Capitalism, which is part of what runs the Nexus, is a very Black philosophy, for example."

A final card doesn't slide, but actually flips out of the deck and lands face-up on top.

"And the last color, the one that I think you'll find strongest for you, is Red. Red governs passion and freedom, but also things like fire and destruction. Red is chaos given form, ideal for victory in the din of battle.

You're lucky, actually. While any mage can draw a bit of strength from themselves, they'll need to attune themselves to places where their virtue has power if they wish to draw upon greater reserves, which are quite necessary for stronger spells. Trog's Tavern is an ideal example; the place is so strange and order-defying, not to mention so malleable and filled with general chaos, that Red Mana is practically oozing from the walls for those with the power to grab it.

So your first assignment is to grab it. Don't try to do anything with it, since you'll probably just end up accidentally incinerating yourself or something if you try to shape it without knowing what you're doing, but get a hold of it.

Focus on the desire and passion within you; for a moment, just excise the thoughts of order and restriction from your mind. Don't think, just reach out and feel."

A first foray into magery may not be the hardest step, but it's very much a do-or-die sort of thing. She probably couldn't do this normally, just by thinking about it. Not as a total novice. But if she follows the advice and just reaches out with her heart and very soul, she might just feel something strangely warm, waiting to be molded.

The girl focuses for a while, and after a minute or two, she feels it. Her eyes pop open and a look of joy appears on her face.
I felt it!

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-03, 04:17 PM
Cyrus doesn't exactly jump with joy, but he certainly doesn't look disappointed either.

"I saw! Congratulations, you're now technically a Sorcerer! Granted, not an especially powerful one as of yet, but you can work on that.

Now that you've done that, here's something that requires just a tad more work."

He holds up the red card, emblazoned with the image of a twisting flame, and sets it down in front of her. And then it catches on fire. Not an enormous, deadly flame, but more like the kind one would find at the end of a candle.

"This is a stillfire, the result of a very basic spell. It's a flame that does not spread on its own, but will not burn out unless it is put out. I want you to incinerate the card. You won't need to shape the mana for this; you'll just need to feed it. Try grabbing the mana again, but instead of just dropping it or trying to shape it, push it into the stillfire.

Baby steps, of course. Fun little story: I taught myself how to work Red mana, and jumped straight into trying to shape it before learning how to control where it went. Suffice it to say that the incident ended with half of the city burned to ash. It's their fault for building out of wood, though."

This trial's a little bit more difficult than the last, though not by much. She may find that actually reaching out and feeling for the magic is easier, now that she's done it once. The magic knows her touch now, and doesn't evade her.

Pushing the mana requires a touch of effort, though. The magic wants to stay where it is, to do it's own thing. The bunny-eared girl will have to really WANT it to move before it will. This is why red magic benefits from passion and desire; such traits are necessary to gain any real control over the magic. Once she has control of it, though, it's no harder than picking up a cottonball and calmly setting it down into the fire.

The Bushranger
2013-10-05, 01:56 AM
"How inrestring. The builder must be aware of the over all destructive energy a Tavern draws. I wonder if we could throw a view over their system."

Mia seems a bit excited right now. The technoplogie they might use sounds to good to be true.

"Possibly, although its exact location, I do not know. Likely beneath the tavern, where the Quiet Beast resides," Shawna points out.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-05, 11:31 AM
A big man with a big bag stomps through the door and heads straight for a table. He sits down, drops his bag on the floor, resulting in a loud clanging noise, and pulls a flagon and a strangely shaped shot glass out of it. Pouring himself a glass of whatever it is (though it smells suspiciously like beer), he looks around the tavern slowly.

Aric Kale
2013-10-05, 12:17 PM
A well rested Clara walks down the stairs, three miniature dragons flying above her head.
She makes her way to the bar, orders a glass of water, happening to park herself next to the newcomer.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-05, 12:23 PM
The big fellow sips his liquor and watches the dragons flying around in the air next to him.

"Nice reptiles."

The man grins at the girl next to him with a strange light in his eyes.

"I could do better."

Aric Kale
2013-10-05, 01:21 PM
Clara attempts to project the perturbed thoughts of her dragons into the man's head. Please don't treat Krakl, Candor, or Gymn like thoughtless lizards. They are sentient beings.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-05, 01:27 PM
The man laughs.

"I know, I know. I've run across their kind before. Been one myself. I'm just a fan of larger dragons."

He takes a sip of his beer before continuing. This time he addresses the dragons directly.

"Krakl, Candor, and Gymn, huh? Interesting names. I knew a Krakl once, a long time ago... You siblings?"

One can't really dislike this fellow.

Aric Kale
2013-10-05, 02:18 PM
Krakl, in all his purple glory, perches on the wizard's head, while Gymn wraps himself around Tovell's neck like a brilliant, green scarf. Candor lands on the bar, looking for insects, his blue and orange scales not aiding his stealthy tactics.
How interesting, what manner of person are you? And the possibilities of you meeting a relative of this tyke are endless, if I understand anything about this place.
It might be worthwhile to add that Clara, being an O'rant (essentially a human), smells of citrus.

And yes, he does seem to make it difficult to hate him...:smalltongue:

NatsuGaki
2013-10-05, 02:27 PM
The man looks a little confused, and then chuckles.

"Oops, I worded that last question wrong. My apologies. I was asking the little ones if they were siblings."

He pours himself another glass of his beer.

"The Krakl I knew wasn't a dragon. He was like me. A shape-shifter. And no, I don't do birthdays."

This last comment was directed towards the fact that everyone who found out that he was a shifter ended up asking him to use his abilities as a party trick, a question he is now rather tired of.

Aric Kale
2013-10-05, 03:47 PM
Clara laughs, realizing she misunderstood him. Unfortunately, the dragons can't directly communicate with Shift, and its rather bothersome for Clara to play middleman. Besides, they speak in images and emotions, not true words.
Oh, yes, they are all siblings. I have a couple more eggs, but I'm waiting to quicken them. Anyways, you say you're a shifter? I've never heard of that before. What does that entail? Not to worry, Clara doesn't have any birthdays to celebrate soon.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-05, 04:02 PM
The man smiles and sets his glass gently down. Seconds later, his form turns black and blurs, changing drastically. Finally, after about ten seconds, color returns, and on the chair next to Clara there is a dragon identical to Krakl except for the black rose on his right foreleg.

"That's what it entails. I suppose I could describe it as a rift in reality that only shifters can access, through which they can change their physical form."

It probably seems a little odd that the dragon can speak, but that's one of the interesting things about shape-shifters.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 04:11 PM
Cyrus doesn't exactly jump with joy, but he certainly doesn't look disappointed either.

"I saw! Congratulations, you're now technically a Sorcerer! Granted, not an especially powerful one as of yet, but you can work on that.

Now that you've done that, here's something that requires just a tad more work."

He holds up the red card, emblazoned with the image of a twisting flame, and sets it down in front of her. And then it catches on fire. Not an enormous, deadly flame, but more like the kind one would find at the end of a candle.

"This is a stillfire, the result of a very basic spell. It's a flame that does not spread on its own, but will not burn out unless it is put out. I want you to incinerate the card. You won't need to shape the mana for this; you'll just need to feed it. Try grabbing the mana again, but instead of just dropping it or trying to shape it, push it into the stillfire.

Baby steps, of course. Fun little story: I taught myself how to work Red mana, and jumped straight into trying to shape it before learning how to control where it went. Suffice it to say that the incident ended with half of the city burned to ash. It's their fault for building out of wood, though."

This trial's a little bit more difficult than the last, though not by much. She may find that actually reaching out and feeling for the magic is easier, now that she's done it once. The magic knows her touch now, and doesn't evade her.

Pushing the mana requires a touch of effort, though. The magic wants to stay where it is, to do it's own thing. The bunny-eared girl will have to really WANT it to move before it will. This is why red magic benefits from passion and desire; such traits are necessary to gain any real control over the magic. Once she has control of it, though, it's no harder than picking up a cottonball and calmly setting it down into the fire.

Celica focuses for a few minutes, and burns the card into ashes.
She smiles, obviously proud of herself

Aric Kale
2013-10-06, 01:14 AM
Clara's eyes widen significantly; this is something new to her.
That is truly amazing. Wulder works in mysterious ways. I wonder what my purpose will be here... The dragons pause from their pursuit of insects and look thoughtful for a moment.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-06, 09:11 AM
The little purple dragon blurs and changes, becoming a man again. He picks up his glass and takes a sip.

"One never knows, missy. But whoever Wulder is, that person has a plan for you."

He puts down his glass and reaches over to pat Candor.

"By the way, my name's Shift."

Recaiden
2013-10-06, 04:45 PM
More as in... as in, like, entirely non-humanoid looking.

"Oh. Well, there's lots of neat things to look that aren't humanoid?"

Zefir
2013-10-07, 02:59 AM
"Possibly, although its exact location, I do not know. Likely beneath the tavern, where the Quiet Beast resides," Shawna points out.

"Oh." Mia says a bit suprised. "A monster sounds like a bad idea. Seems like we shouldn't push our luck then?"

Mia smiles innocent. She would fight such creatures if it's needed, but she doesn't need to get into trouble.

"Maybe you can tell me what you used in the fight befor?"

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-07, 11:51 AM
Celica focuses for a few minutes, and burns the card into ashes.
She smiles, obviously proud of herself

Cyrus himself smiles right back, just a little proud of the student; she was at least capable of learning, and not a total fool like the last person he tried to teach, which is always a plus.

"Alright, now. The next thing you should try is tricky to explain and almost as tricky to actually do without the natural spark that a nascent Planeswalker possesses, and often takes novice mages years. You've got some talent for it, though, and seem to have the personality to shape it, so I think you should at least try.

Plus, you've got a master here to ease the process who IS a planeswalker. Trust me, that'll help a lot.

Anyway, while anyone can touch the mana in their environment given the right time and temperament, your environment won't always serve you. Trog's here is predominantly Red, thanks to the nature of the place, but many places aren't, and some may not contain any red magic at all.

So what you're going to want is a source of mana that you can always trust, that will stick with you wherever you go. However, that doesn't have to come from your personal energies at all. If you attune yourself to this place just right, you'll be able to tap into a bit of its power anywhere, so long as you live. Or unlive, as may be the case.

Try it, if you're not too tired."

Cyrus himself is helpfully drawing the mana out, making it even easier to touch. Since she's already managed to touch it twice, and has actively exerted her will over it, it should move fairly easily by now.

Red Mana's quite a lot easier to pick up than most of the other colors with the right personality type, luckily for her. It's fickle enough to serve a new master on a whim, but loyal enough not to betray them.

While Cyrus didn't actually explain much about how to do anything with the mana yet, it's probably not hard to guess that it has something to do with feeling it, and forging a connection between it and the caster's soul. Granted, that's much more easily said than done, and he might well be encouraging her to bite off a little more than she can chew.

The Heart of Iniquity's kind of a jerk like that.

Aric Kale
2013-10-07, 02:58 PM
The little purple dragon blurs and changes, becoming a man again. He picks up his glass and takes a sip.

"One never knows, missy. But whoever Wulder is, that person has a plan for you."

He puts down his glass and reaches over to pat Candor.

"By the way, my name's Shift."

Candor reacts well, purring and arching his back.
Well, it's a pleasure, Shift.
And Wulder is the Creator of all that is good, and I am but one if his servants.

The Bushranger
2013-10-07, 04:17 PM
"Oh." Mia says a bit suprised. "A monster sounds like a bad idea. Seems like we shouldn't push our luck then?"

Mia smiles innocent. She would fight such creatures if it's needed, but she doesn't need to get into trouble.

"Maybe you can tell me what you used in the fight befor?"

Shawna looks rather nervous for a moment, looking around, then relaxes when nothing happens.

"Oh, the plasma blades? They are plasma contained within an intense magnetic field," she explains. "They are highly effective against the vast majority of potential foes, although they can be stopped by ripleyite armour."

Rebonack
2013-10-07, 04:47 PM
Enter Timseam Proudfeet and Bill the pony.

The former is all wide eyes and wide smiles for one very simple reason. He and his friend are on and adventure. Now, when it comes to adventures hobbits and ponies are oft of a similar mind. Adventures are dirty, dangerous business that often makes one late for supper. But there are always those few odd ducks amongst any society that buck the trend.

Some more literally than others.

Aside from that excited glint in his eyes Tim is blessed with a curly mess of dark hair and a smart little drab outfit full of convenient pockets and pouches for squirreling odds and ends away within. He's sitting astride the pony on a well-maintained hobbit-made saddle.

Bill is wearing little aside from the saddle and bags, his chestnut brown coat contrasting sharply with a mane so dark indigo that it appears almost black save for when the light hits it. The earth pony's cutie mark is obscured by his sparse clothing.

"I'm telling you, Bill, this will be our finest adventure yet!" Tim laughs, his tone carrying with it an infectious sense of enthusiasm. The hobbit dismounts and heads toward the counter to place an order.

Bill's ears swivel as he scans the room for any potential threats. One can never be too careful in Trog's. "I don't know, Timseam. It'll be hard to beat that wizard's tower. I was digging sand out of my ears for weeks."

NatsuGaki
2013-10-07, 05:47 PM
Candor reacts well, purring and arching his back.
Well, it's a pleasure, Shift.
And Wulder is the Creator of all that is good, and I am but one if his servants.

Shift smiles at the small dragon, his hand gently rubbing a spot right behind Candor's skull.

"Wulder sounds like my kind of guy. Does he drink?"

Apparently, Shift isn't the religious type. In fact, he claims to be strictly neutral in all areas of life. Also, he's bordering on intoxication due to his slower-than-normal metabolism.

Murkus
2013-10-07, 07:34 PM
A young, dark-skinned fellow enters the tavern. He's a bit on the short side, say about five nine, not counting the small pair of antlers that jut from his skull. He's dressed in rough leather hide, a vest and loose trousers, with a simple measure of rope to keep his pants around his waist. The stag's got a heavy duffelbag over one shoulder that rattles metallically with every step.

Exhausted, Adir approaches the bar and takes a seat. "Evening, folks," The stag says to those on either side of him. Then, to the tender, "Um, something strong please. Gods, it's been so long I can barely read Common..."

Rebonack
2013-10-07, 07:53 PM
And thus Adir gets his drink and all is well.

Timseam and Bill continue conversing nearby, though Bill the pony offers a polite nod.

"That crazy wizard tower will be nothing but brickabrack compared to this caper. I'm telling you, Bill, this is perfect. It's just what we need," the hobbit says. "If we can pull this off-"

"If we can pull it off," the pony stresses. "If. That's a big if. You know how rare those mushrooms are. And-"

"We'll be set, Bill! We'll practically be heroes!" the hobbit continues without slowing down.

The pony rolls his eyes. "Okay, that's stretching it a little. They're supposed to be pretty amazing mushrooms, but I doubt we'll be heroes. And that map you bought looks awfully old. What if it isn't accurate anymore? You know how the Nexus shuffles things around."

"Come on, Bill! Don't be a jackass about this. Where's your sense of adventure?" the hobbit inquires as he pokes Bill in the ribs with a finger.

Aric Kale
2013-10-07, 08:56 PM
Shift smiles at the small dragon, his hand gently rubbing a spot right behind Candor's skull.

"Wulder sounds like my kind of guy. Does he drink?"

Apparently, Shift isn't the religious type. In fact, he claims to be strictly neutral in all areas of life. Also, he's bordering on intoxication due to his slower-than-normal metabolism.

Clara laughs! Not that I'm aware of, but Paladin does. Paladin is his main...prophet, so to speak.
Luckily, Clara isn't a religious stickler, and doesn't take offense at much.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-07, 09:09 PM
For a moment, Shift looks thoughtful.

"Paladin, huh... Knew a Paladin once... Great guy, until he went psycho."

After a moment of awkward silence, he smiles and pulls another oddly-shaped glass out of his bag.

"Wanna drink?"

Aric Kale
2013-10-07, 10:13 PM
The dragon keeper chuckles, her "wards" making their way back into their respective pockets, full from insects. Oddly enough, there's no bulge wherever they end up...
Ah, no thank you, I generally don't drink right after waking up. She gently refutes the offer of a drink.

Devixer
2013-10-07, 10:42 PM
A young, dark-skinned fellow enters the tavern. He's a bit on the short side, say about five nine, not counting the small pair of antlers that jut from his skull. He's dressed in rough leather hide, a vest and loose trousers, with a simple measure of rope to keep his pants around his waist. The stag's got a heavy duffelbag over one shoulder that rattles metallically with every step.

Exhausted, Adir approaches the bar and takes a seat. "Evening, folks," The stag says to those on either side of him. Then, to the tender, "Um, something strong please. Gods, it's been so long I can barely read Common..."

Ashley, a half-elf dressed in plain and unassuming clothing, is one of the ones at Adir's side. She just gives a vague "Hey," in response. She looks like she's had a bad day, but she's barely touching the ale in front of her.

Murkus
2013-10-07, 11:21 PM
Adir drops his bag with a loud thud, glancing round at his neighbors. They all seemed busy - Timseam and Bill especially, planning some sort've caper by the sound. Were he not in deep trouble, the stag might've asked about their adventure. But he wasn't going to get drawn into such things now.

Then there was this girl. Not an attention getter like those folks down the bar, but he could see in her face the same expression he'd been seeing in the mirror since he got home. After a moment, Adir points at her drink and says, "Y'know, I don't think it's gonna bite. At least, that one shouldn't. I'd be happy to test it for you." He flashes a foolish grin.

Devixer
2013-10-08, 12:39 AM
Ashley looks over at Adir and manages to crack a small smile at the joke, but that quickly fades. "Here, you can have it. I don't know why I bought it in the first place," she says, sliding the drink over.

Murkus
2013-10-08, 12:49 AM
"Much obliged," Adir replies, raising his own drink in her honor before knocking it back. He makes a satisfied noise and adds, "But it looks like you need it about as bad as I do."

The stag offers his free hand to Ashley. "Adir Frescot."

Devixer
2013-10-08, 12:53 AM
Ashley shakes Adir's offered hand with a firm grip. "Ashley Cross." She looks back at her drink, but still doesn't take it.

Murkus
2013-10-08, 01:02 AM
"Good to meet you Ashley," Adir smiles at the unassuming lady before ordering another round for himself. He studies her with those strange buck's eyes of his. "Y'know, you don't look much like a drinker. What's got you so down you'd buy yourself one just to have a staring contest with it?"

Devixer
2013-10-08, 01:03 AM
"You're right, I don't drink. Interferes with things," Ashley says, not specifically referring to her magic just yet. "I just... I just miss someone."

Murkus
2013-10-08, 01:18 AM
"Yeah? Tell me about it," Adir says with a sympathetic huff, staring at his second round while it's poured. "My wife won't even let me touch her. I don't blame her, I'm an ass, but it doesn't make me miss her any less." The stag sweeps up his glass and glances at Ashley. "Who're you missin' tonight?"

Devixer
2013-10-08, 01:21 AM
"A friend," Ashley says, though Adir may be able to tell that she's hiding something. "I just haven't seen her in a long time."

Murkus
2013-10-08, 01:26 AM
"That kind've friend hm?" Adir murmurs, propping one cheek on his fist. The stag watches her amusedly, whether he guessed right or not. "Where is she?"

Devixer
2013-10-08, 01:30 AM
Ashley's reaction to Adir correctly guessing about her girlfriend is for her to quickly look around and see if anyone else heard that. "I don't know, I've been trying to find her."

Murkus
2013-10-08, 01:41 AM
"Y'know that is a thing around here. Girls with girlfriends. Just a teensy bit. They aren't gonna burn you at the stake," Adir says, although out've respect for her privacy he lowers his voice a bit. He smiles, all the same. The stag's got a hunch that's not why she's worried.

Devixer
2013-10-08, 01:47 AM
"You don't know that," Ashley says, with a sudden edge to her voice. Then she sighs and slumps a little. "Not that it matters anyway. I barely have any clue to how I can find her."

Murkus
2013-10-08, 01:52 AM
"Me, I'd hire NO. Those people do good work," Adir says, forking a thumb at himself before downing his second whiskey. "But seriously, what're you so worried about? Is there someone out to get you and your, um, friend?"

Devixer
2013-10-08, 02:09 AM
"There could be, I don't know for sure." Ashley doesn't acknowledge NO, being a former member would only lead to complications in that kind of talk. "It's been weeks since I last saw her. She could be hurt, not in the Nexus anymore..."

Zefir
2013-10-08, 03:16 AM
Shawna looks rather nervous for a moment, looking around, then relaxes when nothing happens.

"Oh, the plasma blades? They are plasma contained within an intense magnetic field," she explains. "They are highly effective against the vast majority of potential foes, although they can be stopped by ripleyite armour."

Mia waves at Adir as he comes in, but since he appears sad she assumes he needs some time with a drink. Then Mia's attention goes back to Shawna. I have to say I don't know what a repleyite armor is. not even the webs helps out.

"I see. They must be very effective then. I know plasma is something to cut through most materials. I myself fokus on electron based technologie."

Earl of Purple
2013-10-08, 07:28 AM
Timseam and Bill are approached by three other ponies, one of each tribe.

The leader is a mare, with a horn protruding from the unkempt red mane under her tricorn hat. In addition to the hat, the purple-coated unicorn is also wearing a black greatcoat and a wooden pegleg strapped to her left forelimb, which has been amputated above the knee. Several bulges under the greatcoat suggest that she has several pistols, much like the two flintlocks that mark her flank; one upside down and pointing in the opposite direction to the other.

Behind her is a pink, middle-aged pegasus stallion with one and a half wings. His yellow mane and tail is rather neat, and he's wearing a bandoleer of surgical equipment, a cutlass, and a stethoscope draped over his neck. His flank is graced by a pair of scalpels crossed under a pony skull.

Bringing up the rear is an earth pony mare with a vicious scar on the right side of her face, going over her eye, which is currently under an eyepatch. Her coat is blue, and her mane is white and kept brushed to the left to give the scar extra prominence. Atop her head is a chef's hat, and she has a stout cudgel lashed to her back. Her flank is marked with three sticks of cinnamon making a triangle.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-08, 10:50 AM
The dragon keeper chuckles, her "wards" making their way back into their respective pockets, full from insects. Oddly enough, there's no bulge wherever they end up...
Ah, no thank you, I generally don't drink right after waking up. She gently refutes the offer of a drink.

Shift shrugs and puts the empty glass down on the counter.

"Well, leaves more for me!"

He downs the rest of his own drink and puts that glass on the counter as well, beside the first.

"Made those myself. Firs' things I ever made."

Murkus
2013-10-08, 12:40 PM
"There could be, I don't know for sure." Ashley doesn't acknowledge NO, being a former member would only lead to complications in that kind of talk. "It's been weeks since I last saw her. She could be hurt, not in the Nexus anymore..."

"Wish I could help you kiddo," Adir sighs, looking at Ashley sympathetically. He might be able to track somebody down, but the stag's sorta got his own problems right now. He slides Ashley's drink back toward her. "Seriously, take a drink. No use fretting about it. Who do you think's out for your blood?"

Devixer
2013-10-08, 12:44 PM
Ashley hesitates a little before grabbing her ale and knocking it back. "Godkiller. I can't really tell you more," she says.

Murkus
2013-10-08, 01:05 PM
"Hey, s'cool," Adir says, shrugging his shoulders and sipping more slowly at his third round. "You don't gotta tell me a thing. Tender, another for the lady here. She could use it."

Oh, I nearly forgot about Mia's waving! Well, I'll merely say they notice eachother at this point instead, and the stag waves back. "Oh, hey Mia. And, um, Shawna." Ah yes. The technopaladin. He recalls them not meeting much, but the few times they did it wasn't on good terms. One fight in particular comes to Adir's mind.

Devixer
2013-10-08, 01:31 PM
"No, I shouldn't. I might have to use magic later," Ashley says.

Rebonack
2013-10-08, 01:46 PM
Well.

Those three don't look at all questionable.

Bill seems vaguely leery. Timseam offers a kindly smile!

"Hello there ma'ams and sir!" Apparently the hobbit is knowledgeable enough to tell the difference between a mare and a stallion. That's more than can be said for a decent chunk of the Nexus population. But then again, the very Shire-y feel of Carousel Court has attracted a pretty sizable hobbit population there, so that probably isn't too surprising. "Timseam Proudfeet at you illustrious service! How can I help you on this beautiful autumn day?"

Bill is letting Timseam do the talking. But then again, he often lets Tim do the talking. Tim has a way of talking himself into (and then out of) trouble that's quite the sight to behold.

Arkhosia
2013-10-08, 01:55 PM
A drow in a maroon tunic with a black chest plate and wearing a crimson cloak enters and walks into the bar.
A Hot Chocolate please.
She might accidentally slam into the hobbit, not seeing him

Rebonack
2013-10-08, 02:04 PM
Silly drow with their accidents.

Always accidentally bumping into people and accidentally stealing their purse and accidentally enslaving whole races.

Anywho!

Timseam is bumped into.

That must have taken quite the effort since he was seated at the bar.

"Oh ho! Well a how do you do to you, too, miss!" the hobbit says with a sing-songy lute to his tone. "Fancy bumping into you today!"

Bill face-hoofs at the awful pun.

Aric Kale
2013-10-08, 02:08 PM
Hahaha, whatever suits you.
Oh, that's nice.
Clara chuckles, still waking up...

Arkhosia
2013-10-08, 02:10 PM
Silly drow with their accidents.

Always accidentally bumping into people and accidentally stealing their purse and accidentally enslaving whole races.

Anywho!

Timseam is bumped into.

That must have taken quite the effort since he was seated at the bar.

"Oh ho! Well a how do you do to you, too, miss!" the hobbit says with a sing-songy lute to his tone. "Fancy bumping into you today!"

Bill face-hoofs at the awful pun.

Xenna turns to apologize
Sorry, I have a lot on my mind. Glad to meet you, halfling.

Earl of Purple
2013-10-08, 02:47 PM
"Greetings, sirs. We weren't expecting to see other ponies in this establishment. I am Cap'n Volley Shot, and this is my crew, Doc Sorebones and the quartermaster and ship's chef, Cinnamon Stick." The unicorn motions to the pegasus and earth pony respectively as she speaks with her right foreleg. Her left foreleg is made of wood and cannot bend.

Rebonack
2013-10-08, 03:10 PM
"Oh no no no, simply 'halfing' just won't do. My name is Timseam Proudfeet, because they are, you see?" Tim laughs.

And shows off his feet.

They are without question feet that any hobbit would be proud of. He clearly brushes them regularly.

"And this is my best friend and partner in getting into trouble, Bill!"

"Mostly I'm his partner in getting out of trouble," the pony corrects. After all, Tim is the one who always comes up with their hair-brained capers. But Bill isn't about to let his friend go it alone. And though he might not say it he enjoys the excitement, too.

The trio of other ponies are given a friendly nod. "And a pleasure to meet your acquaintances. Most hooved folks stick to Carousel Court, though there are a few that venture around to other parts of the city. Trog's is one of the best places to catch wind of adventure, so Tim and I make sure to stop by regularly."

Murkus
2013-10-08, 03:11 PM
"No, I shouldn't. I might have to use magic later," Ashley says.

"Awww, c'mon. What could happen?" Adir says, jinxing the whole thing like an idiot. He shoves the second mug at Ashley all the same before downing whats left in his glass.

Earl of Purple
2013-10-08, 03:19 PM
"We've been there. I didn't like it much; I grew up in a freeport, and Carousel Court is nothing like a freeport. Doc did, though; he's a Ponyvillian." Cinnamon says. Freeports in the Equestria they are from are often crowded, noisy places where everything has a price and everypony is an outlaw, pirate, smuggler, rebel, mercenary, or something similarly unsavoury.

Arkhosia
2013-10-08, 03:25 PM
"Oh no no no, simply 'halfing' just won't do. My name is Timseam Proudfeet, because they are, you see?" Tim laughs.

And shows off his feet.

They are without question feet that any hobbit would be proud of. He clearly brushes them regularly.

"And this is my best friend and partner in getting into trouble, Bill!"

"Mostly I'm his partner in getting out of trouble," the pony corrects. After all, Tim is the one who always comes up with their hair-brained capers. But Bill isn't about to let his friend go it alone. And though he might not say it he enjoys the excitement, too.

The trio of other ponies are given a friendly nod. "And a pleasure to meet your acquaintances. Most hooved folks stick to Carousel Court, though there are a few that venture around to other parts of the city. Trog's is one of the best places to catch wind of adventure, so Tim and I make sure to stop by regularly."

The drow puts her left fist over the right side of her chest as she responds, the customary greeting of her race.
Glad to meet you. Chessxenna of house Maeana. Most people call me Xenna.

Rebonack
2013-10-08, 03:40 PM
"My family and Tim's both ended up in the Nexus from Mystara a few generations back. From the stories I've been told most of the people in this crazy city hail from wildly different worlds even if they seem to have similarities," Bill gives a shrug. "There's a lot out there in the cosmos. It's pretty overwhelming when you try to sit down and think about it. Heh. I guess that's why we're planning on collecting some rare mushrooms instead of contemplating the mysteries of reality."

Tim has his mind on other things!

"Well met, Miss Xenna! I don't suppose you're one of those drow who's in to straps and whips, are you?" the hobbit asks with a sly wink.

Bill groans from nearby.

See that right there?

Perfect example of Tim talking his way into trouble.

Arkhosia
2013-10-08, 03:51 PM
hmm... Mystara... Don't think I've heard of it. I hail from Menzobarrenzan, in Faerun
The drow laughs, amused
Afraid not, Tim. Sorry to disappoint you.

Earl of Purple
2013-10-08, 03:57 PM
"What kind of rare mushrooms?" Doc Sorebones is curious. He'd like to know if they have medical properties.

Devixer
2013-10-08, 04:00 PM
"Awww, c'mon. What could happen?" Adir says, jinxing the whole thing like an idiot. He shoves the second mug at Ashley all the same before downing whats left in his glass.

"Anything could. Alcohol messes with magic a lot for me," Ashley says, not taking the other glass.

Rebonack
2013-10-08, 04:13 PM
Bill gives a bit of a whistle. "Well... as I understand it, miss, there are a number of tangentially related worlds out there. The one you're from is called... eerr... Abeir-Toril? I think? Then there's Eberron, Oerth, and Mystara where my ancestors came from. I'm sure there are more, but I don't know about them."

Hazzah for DnD settings?

"Fantastical mushrooms!" Tim replies to the doctor. "But very rare. And very hard to collect, too. Jealously guarded by horrors that would freeze the blood inside your veins!"

"Mostly just various types of predatory fungus monsters," Bill corrects. "They aren't that much of a threat so long as you know what you're doing."

"They're supposed to taste really great! And aside from that they're a potent base for quite a few medicinal potions," Tim adds.

Arkhosia
2013-10-08, 04:15 PM
Bill gives a bit of a whistle. "Well... as I understand it, miss, there are a number of tangentially related worlds out there. The one you're from is called... eerr... Abeir-Toril? I think? Then there's Eberron, Oerth, and Mystara where my ancestors came from. I'm sure there are more, but I don't know about them."

Hazzah for DnD settings?

"Fantastical mushrooms!" Tim replies to the doctor. "But very rare. And very hard to collect, too. Jealously guarded by horrors that would freeze the blood inside your veins!"

"Mostly just various types of predatory fungus monsters," Bill corrects. "They aren't that much of a threat so long as you know what you're doing."

"They're supposed to taste really great! And aside from that they're a potent base for quite a few medicinal potions," Tim adds.

The drow looks interested about their adventure.
I'd be glad to help if you want. I'm a cleric, so I can provide healing and divine magic.

Earl of Purple
2013-10-08, 04:19 PM
"As would we. We have nothing else to do, and we are well able to defend ourselves. The skies of our Equestria are plagued by pirates." Which is true. These three ponies are some of those pirates, and as such, were rarely bothered by them.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-08, 05:32 PM
Hahaha, whatever suits you.
Oh, that's nice.
Clara chuckles, still waking up...

Shift looks proudly, if a little cross-eyed, at his glasses, and, when he speaks, his words are slurred.

"They were shposed to be flow'r potsh fur my muvver. I didn't have enouf breathsh."

Translation: 'They were supposed to be flower pots for my mother. I didn't have enough breath.'

Rebonack
2013-10-08, 05:36 PM
Timseam is vaguely surprised! "Really now? You lot would risk life and limb to help a few strangers collect some mushrooms? What a marvelous thing!"

Bill wrinkles his nose slightly. "Are you sure? This won't be a safe journey by all accounts. Timseam and I have plenty of experience with adventures out in the wilds."

Fighting pirates and fighting bloodthirsty monsters can be quite different, after all.

And one mistake can have dire results...

Of course...

The pirates know that well enough.

Earl of Purple
2013-10-08, 05:53 PM
"In our case, we aren't risking as much limb as others would." Volley taps her pegleg against the ground to demonstrate as the other pirate ponies chuckle at her words. "We have experience in dangerous situations, and we all keep calm under pressure. Plus, Doc Sorebones is a trained surgeon, and a skilled one- if you don't believe me, I'll show you my stump; he's the one that cleaned it up after the cannonball took my leg off. Adventurers need a medic; I've had some aboard my ship a time or too, and the ones that came back took some form of healer with them. And you don't seem to have any ranged weaponry, whilst I carry five, four of which I feel comfortable using in most situations." The fifth is a more modern pistol she doesn't have much spare ammunition for, received from a changeling infiltrator.

Arkhosia
2013-10-08, 07:40 PM
It can't be any harder than living in a drow settlement. Besides, I can take care of myself. The blade on my belt isn't for show, you know.

Murkus
2013-10-08, 11:32 PM
"Anything could. Alcohol messes with magic a lot for me," Ashley says, not taking the other glass.

"I have a friend who won't drink for that very same reason," Adir grins that stupid, provocative grin of his. "She's kind've a bummer too." The stag shakes his head. "She's also a lot smarter than me, so what does that tell ya?"

Devixer
2013-10-08, 11:35 PM
"I don't know. I'd have to meet your friend to figure that out, Ashley says.

Murkus
2013-10-09, 01:11 AM
"Ah, I'm just ramblin," Adir rests his arm on the bar and sighs a little more contentedly than before. "Listen, it was nice talkin to you Ashley. I haven't really talked with anybody in a while. I hope you find your gal."

Devixer
2013-10-09, 10:34 AM
"I hope so too," Ashley says. After a moment, she stands from the barstool. "I should probably go, before you make me drink more."

Murkus
2013-10-09, 10:36 AM
Adir laughs. It's a rich, good-natured sound, obviously used often. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I'll see you around." And with that, he returns to his drinking.

Aric Kale
2013-10-09, 10:59 AM
Shift looks proudly, if a little cross-eyed, at his glasses, and, when he speaks, his words are slurred.

"They were shposed to be flow'r potsh fur my muvver. I didn't have enouf breathsh."

Translation: 'They were supposed to be flower pots for my mother. I didn't have enough breath.'

You might want to slow down on the drinks there, my friend...but yes, they're lovely. Sigh.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-09, 12:22 PM
Shift chuckles.

"I've only hadsh two. Whatsh the shigh for?"

Rebonack
2013-10-09, 12:57 PM
"Oh Hoh! It sounds like we might have ourselves an honest to goodness party, Bill!" Timseam whoops as he prods at the pony with an elbow. "High adventure awaits! Fame, fortune, daring danger, and tasty mushrooms! Who could ask for more?"

"I think we'll need to write up some contracts," Bill comments as he glances back toward his saddle bags. "Or would verbal contracts be good enough?"

"Pfa. I'm sure our new friends don't need anything like that," Tim laughs. "We can figure it out as we go."

Bill frowns at the hobbit. "It wouldn't be fair for them to join without agreeing on a cut. Terms and services. That sort of thing. We both know where we stand, but these folks haven't traveled with us before. They need assurance that we won't take advantage of them."

Earl of Purple
2013-10-09, 03:56 PM
"I doubt we'll need contracts. A formal agreement on our respective honour would be enough, I think." Pirates don't have honour. That said, Volley Shot is a very loyal pony (despite the name she chose for her vessel), so she's not likely to betray anybody. She hadn't even considered the possibility before Bill and Tim mentioned it.

Arkhosia
2013-10-09, 04:20 PM
"Oh Hoh! It sounds like we might have ourselves an honest to goodness party, Bill!" Timseam whoops as he prods at the pony with an elbow. "High adventure awaits! Fame, fortune, daring danger, and tasty mushrooms! Who could ask for more?"

"I think we'll need to write up some contracts," Bill comments as he glances back toward his saddle bags. "Or would verbal contracts be good enough?"

"Pfa. I'm sure our new friends don't need anything like that," Tim laughs. "We can figure it out as we go."

Bill frowns at the hobbit. "It wouldn't be fair for them to join without agreeing on a cut. Terms and services. That sort of thing. We both know where we stand, but these folks haven't traveled with us before. They need assurance that we won't take advantage of them."

Verbal is fine.

Rebonack
2013-10-09, 04:36 PM
"Alright then. Seven shares with an extra share going to Tim and myself," Bill says. "We acquired the map and description of the traps at the location at no small cost to ourselves, so we need to recoup that expenditure."

That's...

Reasonable.

Right?

Seems pretty reasonable.

"And with extra people we'll be able to fight off more monsters and carry back more mushrooms!" Tim laughs. "I'm sure this will work out wonderfully. We'll all be the best of friends before the adventure is done."

Arkhosia
2013-10-09, 04:39 PM
"Alright then. Seven shares with an extra share going to Tim and myself," Bill says. "We acquired the map and description of the traps at the location at no small cost to ourselves, so we need to recoup that expenditure."

That's...

Reasonable.

Right?

Seems pretty reasonable.

"And with extra people we'll be able to fight off more monsters and carry back more mushrooms!" Tim laughs. "I'm sure this will work out wonderfully. We'll all be the best of friends before the adventure is done."

I accept. I swear on my honor this deal will be honored.
Xenna offers her hand.

Earl of Purple
2013-10-09, 04:43 PM
"Deal." Volley leans towards the bar and raises her right forehoof and spits on it before proffering it towards Tim. Or possibly Bill; I've forgotten which is the pony, because that one.

Rebonack
2013-10-09, 04:56 PM
Heh.

Bill is the pony. Because Bill the Pony? From Lord of the Rings?

It's a family name.

Bill mirrors the old means of sealing a deal, somewhat surprised that a unicorn would take part in that style of oath. Unicorns are usually a lot more... proper. Or snooty. Or whatever.

"Done and done. Welcome to our little party, ladies and gentlemen," Bill proclaims. "Our destination is some distance into Outside, so you'll want to pack provisions for yourselves. It'll take at least two days travel on foot to reach the caves."

The spooooooky caves.

Arkhosia
2013-10-09, 04:57 PM
Heh.

Bill is the pony. Because Bill the Pony? From Lord of the Rings?

It's a family name.

Bill mirrors the old means of sealing a deal, somewhat surprised that a unicorn would take part in that style of oath. Unicorns are usually a lot more... proper. Or snooty. Or whatever.

"Done and done. Welcome to our little party, ladies and gentlemen," Bill proclaims. "Our destination is some distance into Outside, so you'll want to pack provisions for yourselves. It'll take at least two days travel on foot to reach the caves."

The spooooooky caves.

I'm ready when you are.

Earl of Purple
2013-10-09, 05:13 PM
Right, I hadn't picked up on that. I haven't read the book in a long time. Might have to see if I can read it faster than I did when I was twelve (and yes, it is the book; I have an omnibus. Although the omnibus I read when I was twelve has fallen apart, so I'll be using its replacement).

Not all unicorns are third-generation sky-pirates. Volley Shot is; her mother, Pistol Shot, was a captain. Her grandmother, Vodka Shot, was a deckhand, and not a very good one.

"Doc, you read up on healing mans?" The pegasus smiles and nods. "Cinnamon, you got all your spices?"
"Aye, Cap'n. Got plenty of grub, too, I reckon." Cinnamon does check the saddlebags I forgot to mention all three ponies are wearing.
"Then it seems we're ready to go."

Rebonack
2013-10-09, 05:33 PM
Timseam and Bill the Pony both glance at each other, then back at the various people gathered around them.

"Huh. That's convenient. Usually people have to run off and gather supplies," Bill muses. "Alright then. Tim and I have a few last minute things to take care of. Meet us at Inside's East gate."

Or in other words, once everyone else posts Outside Rebo will have the pair arrive.

Tim and Bill pay for their food and head for the door, the hobbit leaping onto the pony's saddle with a whoop!

"Ha ha! To adventure!"

"Getting that hole in your boots patched before we leave is hardly an adventure."

"To adventure!"

The Bushranger
2013-10-09, 09:24 PM
Mia waves at Adir as he comes in, but since he appears sad she assumes he needs some time with a drink. Then Mia's attention goes back to Shawna. I have to say I don't know what a repleyite armor is. not even the webs helps out.

"I see. They must be very effective then. I know plasma is something to cut through most materials. I myself fokus on electron based technologie."

'Ripleyite' is what Shawna's world calls phrik alloy.

"Effective enough for my purposes," Shawna observes with a nod. "I am rather adept with them, if I do say so myself."

Arkhosia
2013-10-09, 09:29 PM
Timseam and Bill the Pony both glance at each other, then back at the various people gathered around them.

"Huh. That's convenient. Usually people have to run off and gather supplies," Bill muses. "Alright then. Tim and I have a few last minute things to take care of. Meet us at Inside's East gate."

Or in other words, once everyone else posts Outside Rebo will have the pair arrive.

Tim and Bill pay for their food and head for the door, the hobbit leaping onto the pony's saddle with a whoop!

"Ha ha! To adventure!"

"Getting that hole in your boots patched before we leave is hardly an adventure."

"To adventure!"

Xenna departs for the gate.

Aric Kale
2013-10-09, 11:32 PM
Shift chuckles.

"I've only hadsh two. Whatsh the shigh for?"

Hmm? Oh, I was just wondering what I would be doing here, in this strange new world...
If there are any eggs to raise, other than the two in my Hollows...

Earl of Purple
2013-10-10, 05:32 AM
The three pirate ponies also leave the pub, though they are hampered by the fact that their leader has a wooden leg.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-10, 07:03 AM
Hmm? Oh, I was just wondering what I would be doing here, in this strange new world...
If there are any eggs to raise, other than the two in my Hollows...

Shift is, by now, sobered up. The one good thing about shape-shifters getting drunk is their capacity for sobering quickly.

"Makes sense. I'm not sure what to do either. Not many people call for a shape-shifting glass-blower, ya'know?"

McBish
2013-10-10, 01:20 PM
Calvin walks into the tavern heading for a table near a window. The teen had planned on making his way to his Uncle's house, but Inside is a mess currently with the bombing and all the response. So Calvin figures he will let it settle down a bit before he heads into the city. He orders a ale from Paige and stares out the window lost in thought.

Aric Kale
2013-10-10, 11:58 PM
Shift is, by now, sobered up. The one good thing about shape-shifters getting drunk is their capacity for sobering quickly.

"Makes sense. I'm not sure what to do either. Not many people call for a shape-shifting glass-blower, ya'know?"

That is a bonus indeed.
It's an issue to be sure. I suppose we, my dragons and I, could always join an organization...

Murkus
2013-10-11, 12:11 AM
Fettina makes her way inside Trogs for the first time in a long, long while, heels clicking as she goes. She's gone for pink tonight, purely on a whim. Not her dress, no - her skin. The girl's skin and hair is a brightly glowing neon pink.

Tina's dress is stranger still. It's a strapless thing that doesn't make it past her thighs, bright blue in color, with designs upon it that look like a beach set beside a calm ocean. Strangely enough, the waves shift and move like pictures on a television screen, crashing against the shore every so often in peaceful repetition.

The musician is a mostly skinny woman, not much to her you might say, but the sway in her generous hips says otherwise. She sways all the way up to the fireplace, a little model piano slung over one shoulder. With a noise that goes something like 'FOOMP', the 'model' piano flies up and expands, falling into place at full size, a regular old baby grand.

That done, Tina pulls up a stool and begins to play. It's a sweet, soothing number - probably the best thing about a bad 80's romance that no one remembers anymore. Back straight, eyes shut, Tina dissolves into the piano and the endless song that is Trogs tavern, drifting away blissfully.

Zefir
2013-10-11, 01:53 AM
'Ripleyite' is what Shawna's world calls phrik alloy.

"Effective enough for my purposes," Shawna observes with a nod. "I am rather adept with them, if I do say so myself."

"I see." Mia replies. "Do you got something for range as well?"

NatsuGaki
2013-10-11, 11:03 AM
That is a bonus indeed.
It's an issue to be sure. I suppose we, my dragons and I, could always join an organization...

"You could. I've heard that NO is pretty good. But that's all I've heard. People generally don't talk about organizations when they get drunk."

Apparently one of Shift's pastimes is getting people drunk. Probably because only drunk people will buy ten glass flower pots at 1,000 quidoo a pop.

GrandDM
2013-10-11, 12:22 PM
Fettina makes her way inside Trogs for the first time in a long, long while, heels clicking as she goes. She's gone for pink tonight, purely on a whim. Not her dress, no - her skin. The girl's skin and hair is a brightly glowing neon pink.

Tina's dress is stranger still. It's a strapless thing that doesn't make it past her thighs, bright blue in color, with designs upon it that look like a beach set beside a calm ocean. Strangely enough, the waves shift and move like pictures on a television screen, crashing against the shore every so often in peaceful repetition.

The musician is a mostly skinny woman, not much to her you might say, but the sway in her generous hips says otherwise. She sways all the way up to the fireplace, a little model piano slung over one shoulder. With a noise that goes something like 'FOOMP', the 'model' piano flies up and expands, falling into place at full size, a regular old baby grand.

That done, Tina pulls up a stool and begins to play. It's a sweet, soothing number - probably the best thing about a bad 80's romance that no one remembers anymore. Back straight, eyes shut, Tina dissolves into the piano and the endless song that is Trogs tavern, drifting away blissfully.

A tall man ambles over. He's almost supernaturally good-looking, and his labcoat and shirt are stretched tight over a lot of muscle. He stands there for a while, waving one hand idly in time to the music, but after a bit flicks a finger and opens up a holoscreen on which he brings up a keyboard. He begins to play a flawless accompaniment to Tina's song.

Murkus
2013-10-11, 12:49 PM
It takes a moment for Fettina to notice someone playing along with her, adding onto the music. But she won't stop for that. The fellow with the holo-keyboard will see Tina smile while she finishes their song, a bit less somber now in its pace.

When Tina opens her eyes, Harald will find them to be a startling electric blue, like lights inside her head. She looks at him a moment, silent, before saying, "That was excellent. Like, perfect. How long have you been playing?"

GrandDM
2013-10-11, 12:55 PM
It takes a moment for Fettina to notice someone playing along with her, adding onto the music. But she won't stop for that. The fellow with the holo-keyboard will see Tina smile while she finishes their song, a bit less somber now in its pace.

When Tina opens her eyes, Harald will find them to be a startling electric blue, like lights inside her head. She looks at him a moment, silent, before saying, "That was excellent. Like, perfect. How long have you been playing?"

His eyes are a pretty bright blue too.

"About a century and a half. I find it relaxing."

Murkus
2013-10-11, 01:10 PM
The neon girl smiles pleasantly, resting her hands on her knees. "Oh, only a hundred and fifty years or so?" She laughs, a thin, tinny sound. "Damn, sweetie, you could've been the next Beethoven by now. I'm out've my depth."

Tina offers her hand to Harald, for him to shake or kiss or what have you. She's found every man's different. "My name's Fettina, if you were wondering."

Shadowcaller
2013-10-11, 02:40 PM
*POOOF*

While there isn't any actual sound the player feels there have to be some effect of a woman appearing in the middle of trog's. While her sudden appearance is far from the ordinary her physical appearance is.

Aside from having a light tan and being reasonably well-muscled from working most of her life there really isn't anything remarkable about her. She have light brown hair and green eyes but can't be neither beautiful nor ugly.

Smiling and looking around at the other patrons the woman can't be described as anything else but excited. "Hello nexus! I'm back!" She calls out before taking a seat on top of the nearest table, completely disregarding the chairs. "So who wants a drink? It's on me!"

Rebonack
2013-10-11, 02:54 PM
The nearest table in this particular case is currently occupied. Or at least a bit crowded. A very large, very ugly, very orky ork is locked in an arm-wrestling contest with a brick-red, battle scarred pegasus pony sporting a short-cropped lavender mane.

Judging from the sweat, grunting, and offensive aroma both of them are giving this little contest their all.

Now, one might normally think that something as silly as a Little Pony wouldn't put up much of a fight, but when one considers that the 'real life' animals they're based on tend to clock in at between five and six hundred pounds suddenly it isn't so far fetched. The fact that they're, pound for pound, the strongest breed of horse doesn't hurt either.

All around various members of various races are cheering and waving money about, rooting for one contestant or the other.

When Libra hops onto the table the pony is briefly distracted. "...what?"

The ork isn't.

*WHAM!*

The force of the impact sends the pony tumbling out of the chair and onto the floor. The ork leaps to his feet and proclaims. "I'z da strongest der iz! Gitstomp Bloodcurdle is da best!"

Money changes hands and the ork leers at the next challenger to step up to the plate. The pony, meanwhile, is glaring hate at Libra. It looks like she's trying to set the woman on fire with her mind.

"What the buck?" Sunder seethes at Libra. "What the buck is you problem?"

Arkhosia
2013-10-11, 03:06 PM
Cyrus himself smiles right back, just a little proud of the student; she was at least capable of learning, and not a total fool like the last person he tried to teach, which is always a plus.

"Alright, now. The next thing you should try is tricky to explain and almost as tricky to actually do without the natural spark that a nascent Planeswalker possesses, and often takes novice mages years. You've got some talent for it, though, and seem to have the personality to shape it, so I think you should at least try.

Plus, you've got a master here to ease the process who IS a planeswalker. Trust me, that'll help a lot.

Anyway, while anyone can touch the mana in their environment given the right time and temperament, your environment won't always serve you. Trog's here is predominantly Red, thanks to the nature of the place, but many places aren't, and some may not contain any red magic at all.

So what you're going to want is a source of mana that you can always trust, that will stick with you wherever you go. However, that doesn't have to come from your personal energies at all. If you attune yourself to this place just right, you'll be able to tap into a bit of its power anywhere, so long as you live. Or unlive, as may be the case.

Try it, if you're not too tired."

Cyrus himself is helpfully drawing the mana out, making it even easier to touch. Since she's already managed to touch it twice, and has actively exerted her will over it, it should move fairly easily by now.

Red Mana's quite a lot easier to pick up than most of the other colors with the right personality type, luckily for her. It's fickle enough to serve a new master on a whim, but loyal enough not to betray them.

While Cyrus didn't actually explain much about how to do anything with the mana yet, it's probably not hard to guess that it has something to do with feeling it, and forging a connection between it and the caster's soul. Granted, that's much more easily said than done, and he might well be encouraging her to bite off a little more than she can chew.

The Heart of Iniquity's kind of a jerk like that.

Celica focuses, and one might mistake her for meditating. After a few minutes, about 10, she opens her eyes again, having successfully attuned herself.

(I'm unfamiliar with Magic magic, are there any visible signs of this?)

Shadowcaller
2013-10-11, 03:36 PM
The woman turns in surprise to look at Sunder. "No, Libra. I have no idea who buck is. Unless that's a drink." She looks at Sunder questioningly.

Rebonack
2013-10-11, 03:58 PM
This wouldn't be the first time someone has completely missed the point of pony-curses. That's what they get for picking ones that sound silly or adorable.

Sunder grinds her teeth at Libra, her ears pinned back in fury.

"I just lost a load of money thanks to you little show," Sunder says, jabbing at Libra with a hoof. "I could of taken dat guy easy if you hadn't showed up. Easy! You made me look like a shlub."

Seems the pegasus is rather upset.

"Ain't you got any sense? You don't go jumpin' on tables when two folks are arm wrestlin'. Everybody knows dat." Sunder glares at Libra few seconds longer and then snorts. "Fine. I'm takin' dat drink offer if it's still good," she continues, a sly grin slowly spreading across her face. "Enough drinks to get me smashed. Then we're even. We tidy?"

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-11, 04:30 PM
[Magic!]

(Basically, it can if you want it to. Magic: The Gathering's art doesn't have very much consistency beyond whether or not the artist thinks it looks cool. Sometimes you have people like Gideon and Garruk, who look pretty much normal, at least outside of the excessive buffness. Then you have people like Jace who is pretty much always drawn with glowing eyes.

So, um, yeah. If you want Celica to pick up some minor feature related to awakening some latent magical strength, that's certainly within the realm of reason, but by no means necessary.

In case you were curious, Cyrus does have one: His eyes don't have irises anymore, so they're just whites and pupils. It's definitely subtle, but it helps make him look uncanny and unsettling in comparison to a normal human.)

Once Celica's attuned herself to the Red Mana, she'll probably be able to feel a little bit that's just hers now. Not like the previous mana she's been touching, where it's like dragging an object around to do something with it. That felt like a tool, whereas this should feel more like an extra limb.

If I were being obtuse and insisting on strictly following the rules of a collectible card game about wizards fighting each other, Celica would effectively now be able to cast 1-mana Red Spells without help right now. Because she now has an untapped land. :smalltongue:

In terms of actual power, though, it's definitely enough to throw out a decently powerful Lightning Bolt or Fireburst once in a while. Those examples would likely drain her mana pool too quickly to rely on exclusively, but they could be mixed into a fight without too much trouble.

Cyrus, for his part, looks somewhat surprised and pleased that she's managed to pick up the ability without accidentally breaking anything or setting herself on fire. The man puts his fedora back on, and packs his cards (sans the incinerated one) back into the box.

"Congratulations, Miss Mystral: You've taken your first step on the path of the mage. From here onward, I can't hold your hand or you won't actually get anywhere. If you want to learn more, just play with it until you figure something out. Maybe seek out more interesting places of the Nexus and try to glean some strength from them. As long as they're disorderly and associated with Fire or Earth, they'll probably give you at least something.

If you're still alive in about a month or so, go ahead and drop by the Ebon Citadel if you like. I'd love to see what you'll accomplish with a little boost."

He makes a point of leaving a business card behind, with directions to a location in Outside written on it. He doesn't leave quite yet, though, as he offers his hand. Might as well be polite with a future potential student/colleague/rival, right?

Arkhosia
2013-10-11, 04:46 PM
[Magic!]

(Basically, it can if you want it to. Magic: The Gathering's art doesn't have very much consistency beyond whether or not the artist thinks it looks cool. Sometimes you have people like Gideon and Garruk, who look pretty much normal, at least outside of the excessive buffness. Then you have people like Jace who is pretty much always drawn with glowing eyes.

So, um, yeah. If you want Celica to pick up some minor feature related to awakening some latent magical strength, that's certainly within the realm of reason, but by no means necessary.

In case you were curious, Cyrus does have one: His eyes don't have irises anymore, so they're just whites and pupils. It's definitely subtle, but it helps make him look uncanny and unsettling in comparison to a normal human.)

Once Celica's attuned herself to the Red Mana, she'll probably be able to feel a little bit that's just hers now. Not like the previous mana she's been touching, where it's like dragging an object around to do something with it. That felt like a tool, whereas this should feel more like an extra limb.

If I were being obtuse and insisting on strictly following the rules of a collectible card game about wizards fighting each other, Celica would effectively now be able to cast 1-mana Red Spells without help right now. Because she now has an untapped land. :smalltongue:

In terms of actual power, though, it's definitely enough to throw out a decently powerful Lightning Bolt or Fireburst once in a while. Those examples would likely drain her mana pool too quickly to rely on exclusively, but they could be mixed into a fight without too much trouble.

Cyrus, for his part, looks somewhat surprised and pleased that she's managed to pick up the ability without accidentally breaking anything or setting herself on fire. The man puts his fedora back on, and packs his cards (sans the incinerated one) back into the box.

"Congratulations, Miss Mystral: You've taken your first step on the path of the mage. From here onward, I can't hold your hand or you won't actually get anywhere. If you want to learn more, just play with it until you figure something out. Maybe seek out more interesting places of the Nexus and try to glean some strength from them. As long as they're disorderly and associated with Fire or Earth, they'll probably give you at least something.

If you're still alive in about a month or so, go ahead and drop by the Ebon Citadel if you like. I'd love to see what you'll accomplish with a little boost."

He makes a point of leaving a business card behind, with directions to a location in Outside written on it. He doesn't leave quite yet, though, as he offers his hand. Might as well be polite with a future potential student/colleague/rival, right?

Celica shakes his hand and takes the card.
Thank you.

BladeofObliviom
2013-10-11, 05:08 PM
The man smiles one last time, before...

...suddenly and spontaneously wandering off? What?

The guy basically just seems to suddenly lose interest, finishes downing his glass of wine, and goes off to do stuff. Like background NPC stuff. Just blending in for now, I guess.

Arkhosia
2013-10-11, 05:09 PM
Celica leaves, her appointment done.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-11, 05:24 PM
Libra raises an eyebrow. "Um, okay. So whatcha want? I don't know what horse-people drink." She asks as she suddenly is standing on the floor again despite having not moved at all.

Rebonack
2013-10-11, 05:40 PM
Sunder doesn't seem particularly moved by the sudden inexplicable non-Newtonian repositioning. She's born and raised in the Nexus. People 'teleporting' around casually is pretty common stuff.

The pegasus clops her front hooves together as she considers that question before replying. "Hard cida will do the trick. None of dat watered down stuff, neitha."

Ponies, like most sapient species, long ago discovered the wonders of fermentation. Though they tend to favor fruit-based wines rather than grain-based beers. Their ability to digest complex proteins is a bit limited, so instead they have to get their energy mostly from sugars.

That explains why there's a sweets shop on nearly every corner down in Carousel Court.

"And I'm gunna be nice and not take dat 'whorse' comment personal. Probably don't know any betta, but callin' a pony a whorse is real insultin'. So cut it out."

Sunder lands on one of the larger bar stools and sits like a huge cat.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-11, 06:22 PM
"Cida what? I can barely hear what you're saying!" Geez, couldn't horse-people talk like normal people? "But alright, I'll just give you all the stuff." Suddenly the entire table is crowded with glasses containing various sorts of alcohol stapled in a pyramid. "There you go!" Libra exclaims, gesturing at the alcohol pyramid.

Rebonack
2013-10-11, 06:30 PM
Sunder blinks at the stack of booze.

Geez. This lady must be one of those reality warping folks.

They can either be a lot of fun or a lot of trouble.

Usually both.

The pegasus messages her forehead at the 'can barely hear you' comment. "Geez, you gunna make me talk like my mum, arn'tcha?"

She takes a deep breath and slowly exhales through her nose. "There. Is that better?"

Her 'r's still sound pretty soft, but she's lightening up the accent as much as she can. She then touches her hoof to one of the glasses least likely to cause the whole pile to collapse and pulls it free. "Cider. Hard cider," Sunder repeats, doing her best to sound out those 'r's. "It's like wine made from apples or somethin' like that."

Shadowcaller
2013-10-11, 07:12 PM
"They make alcohol out of apples? Weird." Libra comments as the massive amount of alcohol washes down from the table once Sunder sunders the pyramid. Likely with a might crash.

She doesn't even seem to notice how her shoes are getting wet however. "But I think I know what you mean." And in the same moment a huge barrel with a hose attached to it appears besides Libra. "Ta-da!"

Rebonack
2013-10-11, 07:34 PM
"Lady, people'll make hootch out of anythin' they can ferment," Sunder replies with a grin as she begins beating her wings and hovers away from the wave of booze pouring over the table.

More than a few patrons remove their hats to pay respects to the lost alcohol.

Though... Taking one from the top shouldn't have caused the whole pyramid to collapse like a house of cards.

Probably something to do with the crazy reality bender.

Crazy reality benders...

She downs whatever was in the glass she had picked and moves to test the beverage in the barrel. Hopefully Libra managed to get that right at least.

The Bushranger
2013-10-11, 10:24 PM
"I see." Mia replies. "Do you got something for range as well?"

"Ordinary laser pistols," Shawna says with a shrug. "I have found the best way of dealing with ranged combat is to close quickly to melee. If they are attempting to attack you at range, there is likely a reason."

Fettina, meanwhile, might spot Shrike as the red-haired Exalt enters the tavern.

Murkus
2013-10-11, 10:47 PM
"Shrike!" Tina exclaims, hopping up to run over and give the Exalt a hug. Despite her new look, it should be pretty easy to recognize Fettina. The bubblegum-colored neon girl tries to kiss Shrike on the cheek before pulling back with a big smile. "Shrike, honey, how've you been?"

Aric Kale
2013-10-12, 12:51 AM
"You could. I've heard that NO is pretty good. But that's all I've heard. People generally don't talk about organizations when they get drunk."

Apparently one of Shift's pastimes is getting people drunk. Probably because only drunk people will buy ten glass flower pots at 1,000 quidoo a pop.

Hmm, I don't see myself as a mercenary...
but I could definitely apply to HALO. Fighting evil and all that.

Yeah, Clara was begining to see that, though Shift seems harmless enough.

GrandDM
2013-10-12, 02:05 AM
The neon girl smiles pleasantly, resting her hands on her knees. "Oh, only a hundred and fifty years or so?" She laughs, a thin, tinny sound. "Damn, sweetie, you could've been the next Beethoven by now. I'm out've my depth."

Tina offers her hand to Harald, for him to shake or kiss or what have you. She's found every man's different. "My name's Fettina, if you were wondering."

The hand is shaken with a firm grip.

"Well, I've composed forty-odd piano pieces and about fifteen for full orchestra, so I'm not lacking on that front. It's the one thing I can do without constantly analysing; just lose myself in the music..."

He grins.

"I'm Doctor Harald. That's doctor as in P.H.D. and as in medicine, in case you're wondering. May I call you Tina, or do you prefer the full name?"

Murkus
2013-10-12, 07:56 AM
Harald's Tina

"Wow. Color me impressed," Tina gives Harald the elevator look, impressed with a lot of things. "I don't know if I could play like that on a holo interface. I mean, this thing's not real either, but I like how it feels." Fettina runs a hand along the top of her baby grand.

"And... you can call me Tina. Long as I don't have to call you Doctor."

Shadowcaller
2013-10-12, 12:56 PM
Apparently the internal structure of the pyramid was non-existent so it wasn't very stable to begin with, even the slightest touch caused it to shake. One have to question how it was standing to begin with. But it tastes like Libra did get what Sunder requested. It's an endless fountain of hard cider which won't drain no matter how much she drinks.

Libra appears quite proud of this as more hoses are suddenly are attached. "There, now everyone can drink!" She exclaims happily.

GrandDM
2013-10-12, 01:22 PM
Harald's Tina

"Wow. Color me impressed," Tina gives Harald the elevator look, impressed with a lot of things. "I don't know if I could play like that on a holo interface. I mean, this thing's not real either, but I like how it feels." Fettina runs a hand along the top of her baby grand.

"And... you can call me Tina. Long as I don't have to call you Doctor."

"Tactile feedback. Feels like a real piano. You don't have to call me Doctor, either. Harald's fine."

Rebonack
2013-10-12, 01:23 PM
Endless booze for free?

Yep, that's got Cosmo grumbling. Something about why can't godlings shell out their conjured alcohol somewhere else. Of course, given Trog's payment method it really doesn't matter all that much, but Cosmo needs something to complain about or he just wouldn't be Cosmo.

Sunder is on her third round so far. Several of the folks who had been watching the arm wrestling match decide to join in. There's a bit of good natured ribbing regarding her loss to Gitstomp to which she replies in kind. The pegasus is vaguely indignant, though the prospect of free hard cider has her in a less sour mood.

Actually getting her drunk will take a while. Getting nearly six hundred pounds of pony inebriated is a bit of a feat.

"Okay, obviously you got some real power," Sunder comments to Libra. "So what's your deal, huh? What are you doin' here throwin' it around?"

Shadowcaller
2013-10-12, 01:43 PM
"Since I want to celebrate right now! I just got my powers back after like... a lot of time so I'm offering everyone stuff. Like alcohol and uh... stuff." She explains while standing leaning on air. "Yep, everyone is getting free things today!" Finally, a synonym on "stuff".

Rebonack
2013-10-12, 02:10 PM
Did she lose her powers like Q did in that one episode of Star Trek? Did she learn important lessons about being mortal and humility and so forth?

Sunder considers that reply.

Generally speaking when something big and powerful loses its crazy reality warping abilities that either means that it did something wrong and was punished, or a bunch of heroes got together and kicked it to the curb. There are probably other explanations, too. But those seem to be the most common ones int he Nexus.

And that means this weird lady might be dangerous.

But then again, most people in the Nexus might be dangerous. That's just something that everyone has to live with. You never know when that cute little kid might actually be a nasty tentacle monster hungry for pony flesh.

"So, uh. How'd you lose those 'powers' and get them back?" Sunder asks casually. The answer will give her a good idea of whether or not she should run the hell away.

Arkhosia
2013-10-12, 02:14 PM
A drow with an orange waist length ponytail and red eyes that faintly glow enters. She looks rather tired.

She surveys the room, raising an eyebrow as she sees sunder. One doesn't see a pony drinking alcohol at a table often.

Rebonack
2013-10-12, 02:34 PM
It's probably worth noting that the 'pony' is only really a pony in about the same way that a drow is an ape. Aside from the same basic body shape they're really quite different (http://earthsong9405.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Mothers-1-397115206).

And the pegasus (pterippus?) is hardly the only odd thing in the tavern.

For example, there's that elf wearing a leather flight suit and pilot's jacket. And what could only possibly be a jet pack. He's got a weird looking helmet sitting on the table next to him with a prominent fin on the head.

Or that ninja sitting upside down on the rafters drinking from a cup of tea.

Or how about that golem made from motorcycle part playing cards with several talking dogs?

Trog's is full to the brim of the weird and whimsical in addition to the utterly normal. It's really rather jarring.

Arkhosia
2013-10-12, 02:40 PM
"Since I want to celebrate right now! I just got my powers back after like... a lot of time so I'm offering everyone stuff. Like alcohol and uh... stuff." She explains while standing leaning on air. "Yep, everyone is getting free things today!" Finally, a synonym on "stuff".

Free stuff, you say? Mind if I put a bottle of wine on your tab? I need it.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-12, 04:29 PM
Hmm, I don't see myself as a mercenary...
but I could definitely apply to HALO. Fighting evil and all that.

Yeah, Clara was begining to see that, though Shift seems harmless enough.

Shift grins.

"I was a mercenary once. But then, everything changed when the fire nation attacked*. Ok, just kidding, but I was a mercenary. Not fun."

Of course Shift is harmless. He's a little off, but harmless. Granted, he's a berserker's whelp, but that doesn't mean that he's going to go crazy any time soon.

(*shout out to all the ALTA fans out there!)

Shadowcaller
2013-10-12, 04:44 PM
"Oh, someone cut off my head so I died. But then I returned, but without any powers. The oni had just gave up on me. I really hated that, everyone was really mean to me, being without powers totally sucks. No one respects you at all. That's what I learned. Thankfully the new me the oni made was crazy and didn't want to have any powers so she gave them all back to me! She was completely bonkers!" Libra loudly explains to Sunder before suddenly turning to the drow with a wide smile. "Hello person! Sure, I can give wine. I can give you anything you wish for in fact, I'm that powerful." A bottle of white wine appears in Libra's hand which she happily hands over to the newcomer.

Rebonack
2013-10-12, 04:59 PM
Wait wait wait.

This lady grants wishes?

Sunder can't help but imagine that any wishes would end up getting monkey-paw'd somehow. This... being... doesn't seem to stable, strictly speaking.

"Yeah, I had some trouble with the whole dead thing back durin' Atropus' Descent. Got caught by a Nightshade and turned. Bein' undead really ain't the sorta thing I wanna repeat," Sunder says. She gives a bit of a shiver as she recounts the story. "But my buddy Siegfried found me and put me down. Raised me once the mess was over. That's actually how I met him; I tried to rip him a new one and he capped me in the face. Really great guy on the straight and narrow. And he knows how to drop undead like nobody's business."

Deathkeeper
2013-10-12, 06:19 PM
Arty the centaur enter's Trog's. He's still surprised at how colorful these places could be.
He takes a look at Libra and the people around her and gawks a bit at drinks being materialized but finds a place to stand instead of asking about it.

Murkus
2013-10-12, 07:07 PM
"Tactile feedback. Feels like a real piano. You don't have to call me Doctor, either. Harald's fine."

"Must be nice. I've never actually touched a 'real' piano," Tina explains. Well, that's not exactly true. Once, a very long time ago, there was a real one in her father's office. A lovely one. The neon girl hardly even remembers it now. "But mine feels okay, I guess. Wanna buy me a drink, Harald?"

Aric Kale
2013-10-12, 07:48 PM
Shift grins.

"I was a mercenary once. But then, everything changed when the fire nation attacked*. Ok, just kidding, but I was a mercenary. Not fun."

Of course Shift is harmless. He's a little off, but harmless. Granted, he's a berserker's whelp, but that doesn't mean that he's going to go crazy any time soon.

(*shout out to all the ALTA fans out there!)

*ATLA

Clara ***** her head. The fire nation? Then she realizes Shift is just joking around a bit. Honestly, I'd prefer not to sit on the fence between Good and Evil...

NatsuGaki
2013-10-12, 08:21 PM
Shift shrugs.

"Eh. It was ok, until they stopped buying my glass-works. And stopped paying me. Then I had to leave. Even a shifter has to pay the bills!"

(Yes, ATLA. Because Shift is awesome.)

Arkhosia
2013-10-12, 08:32 PM
"Oh, someone cut off my head so I died. But then I returned, but without any powers. The oni had just gave up on me. I really hated that, everyone was really mean to me, being without powers totally sucks. No one respects you at all. That's what I learned. Thankfully the new me the oni made was crazy and didn't want to have any powers so she gave them all back to me! She was completely bonkers!" Libra loudly explains to Sunder before suddenly turning to the drow with a wide smile. "Hello person! Sure, I can give wine. I can give you anything you wish for in fact, I'm that powerful." A bottle of white wine appears in Libra's hand which she happily hands over to the newcomer.

Thanks. Mind of I share my story? I'm afraid it hasn't yet reached a good ending yet, though.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-12, 08:56 PM
"Well... that's cool." Libra tells Sunder. Not really cool but she had no idea what to say to that. Geez, why were people suddenly spurting background stories? "Um, and it's not like I can stop you?" She tells the black-elf-person. "Just make it interesting. I mean, I just offered you anything you could wish for." She already missed Harnel, by this time he'd have wished for to become a dragon or huge boobs.

Rebonack
2013-10-12, 09:07 PM
Because spouting back-stories is fun!

See, Sunder was trying to establish common ground with Libra. That common ground happened to be getting killed. And there aren't that many people who can comment on what death is like.

Or...

None that you can really have a chat with at least.

Anywho!

Sunder downs another mug of cider and raises the glass to the drow woman. Probably a signal to go ahead with the story. Stories are a pretty decent way to pass the time at a bar. Almost as much fun as playing tavern games or starting a brawl.

Arkhosia
2013-10-12, 09:10 PM
The drow takes a seat.

Well, first I need to introduce myself. My name is Invidia of clan Val'Sarghess, and I didn't always have red pupils. The clan is a militant one formed from mercenaries, and I was one of the soldiers. I specialized in summoning, but quickly became talented with the blade as well.
One day, we were sent to defeat a group of Val'Sharen troops that had seized some of our land. One of them was insane enough to open a lot of Nether Gates. We lost many troops slaying the demons pouring out from them and destroying them, and I was part of a group sent to destroy the last one. I was the only to survive, but I was knocked unconscious. I awoke with the red pupils I have today, and the terrible knowledge of why: during the course of the fight, I was possessed, or tainted, by a demon. A demon shares my soul with me, and I have to constantly fight to keep it from taking over completely. (Invidia is from the Drowtales setting)
Invidia sighs.
And tomorrow, I have to pay a debt I can't afford to pay.
She takes a sip straight from the wine bottle.

The Bushranger
2013-10-12, 10:43 PM
"Shrike!" Tina exclaims, hopping up to run over and give the Exalt a hug. Despite her new look, it should be pretty easy to recognize Fettina. The bubblegum-colored neon girl tries to kiss Shrike on the cheek before pulling back with a big smile. "Shrike, honey, how've you been?"

Shrike grins broadly, retuning the hug in a manner just proper enough not to get the two of them thrown out of the tavern. :smallamused::smalltongue: "I've been good, hot stuff," she exclaims in surprise, returning the cheek-kiss. "It's been awhile! What you been up to, besides lots of fun I'm sure?" Winking, she waves for two Black Shadows to be delivered!

Aric Kale
2013-10-12, 11:04 PM
Shift shrugs.

"Eh. It was ok, until they stopped buying my glass-works. And stopped paying me. Then I had to leave. Even a shifter has to pay the bills!"

(Yes, ATLA. Because Shift is awesome.)

Well that settles it.If I join anyone, it'll be HALO.

Murkus
2013-10-12, 11:21 PM
The neon girl slings a hand around Shrike's hips, sticking nice n' close. She's not being too modest.

"Gods, Shrike, I'm sure I don't know what you mean. What kind've fun would that be?" Tina raises her brows in utter confusion, managing to make innocence provocative. There's a smirk behind those electric blue eyes, though.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-13, 12:04 AM
Well that settles it.If I join anyone, it'll be HALO.

"You still not sure if you want to join anywhere, huh?"

Shift sympathizes. Deciding to join something is hard.

The Bushranger
2013-10-13, 12:34 AM
"Oh, you know, the fun kind of fun." Shrike grins, wriggling her eyebrows suggestively, as she tries to steer the two of them to a set of barstools, the better to sit as two Black Shadows are delivered. "And if you don't know, well, I need to teach you better, hot stuff."

This is accompanied by a very mature sticking out of the tongue.
And a not very modest at all squeeze!

Murkus
2013-10-13, 01:21 AM
"That sounds like a plan I could get behind," Tina teases. She flinches almost imperceptibly at the squeeze. She forgot how little shame Shrike has. This forces her smile, and she shakes her head, making those bright pink locks of hers sparkle. Tina's really gone all out with this new look - she even smells like bubble gum. "I dunno. I dunno what I've been up to, sugar. Missing the Nexus and all my friends, for the most part."

Then the drinks arrive. Tina looks at the Shadow like it's manna from heaven before, rather unusually, downing the whole thing in one go. "Ahhh..." She moans, breath coming out in a frosty cloud. The neon girl shivers pleasurably while she licks her upper lip clean. "Missing that. Mmnnn. Yes."

GrandDM
2013-10-13, 03:08 AM
"Must be nice. I've never actually touched a 'real' piano," Tina explains. Well, that's not exactly true. Once, a very long time ago, there was a real one in her father's office. A lovely one. The neon girl hardly even remembers it now. "But mine feels okay, I guess. Wanna buy me a drink, Harald?"

"Certainly."

He does so, buying himself the strongest drink available at the same time.

Zefir
2013-10-13, 05:54 AM
"Ordinary laser pistols," Shawna says with a shrug. "I have found the best way of dealing with ranged combat is to close quickly to melee. If they are attempting to attack you at range, there is likely a reason."

Fettina, meanwhile, might spot Shrike as the red-haired Exalt enters the tavern.

"I see. I'm not good in either. There was never any need for such things where I'm from."

Shadowcaller
2013-10-13, 09:08 AM
Libra taps her chin. "Hm, I actually think you're both pretty cool. But things got so gloomy now that everyone talk about demons and undead. Let's make it exciting again, what about a drinking contest huh? Winner gets..." She drums her fingers against the air which somehow makes the sound of a table. "A prank! Yes! The winner gets to play a prank on a person! I am a genius! A prank will make everyone happy!" She nods.

Murkus
2013-10-13, 11:28 AM
"Certainly."

He does so, buying himself the strongest drink available at the same time.

"That thing's gonna knock you on your ass, y'know," Tina says, giggling a little. "I never see humans order it." At least, Harald looks human to her, despite his professed age.

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 02:38 PM
Sunder raises an eyebrow at the talk of demons. "Seriously? You got a demon livin' in you skull? That ain't healthy, y'know? I bet you could find someone in town who could pry that sucker out of you."

Unless she wants a demon living in her head.

Some people like having malevolent spirits crawling around inside their brain.

But some people are really weird.

Then the drinking game is proposed and Sunder snorts. "Yous kiddin', right? A pony can down enough hootch to kill a human. I must weigh, like, twice as much as both of yous combined. Ain't no fun in a contest that ain't a contest."

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 02:43 PM
I'll have to think about that. The only upside to my condition is that it increases my power over summons.

Not much of a contest, eh? Let's skip to the fun part then.

Unless interrupted, Invidia snaps her fingers, and a very small turtle appears on Sunder's head.
Then another, and another, until the stack of turtles reaching the roof is on Sunder's head. It won't weigh very much, though.
Turtles, all the way to infinity.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-13, 02:50 PM
"Hm, yeah. That is unfair. But what if I make her a pony as well for this competition or double her weight?" She looks at Invidia. "Eh? Eh?"

Aric Kale
2013-10-13, 03:22 PM
"You still not sure if you want to join anywhere, huh?"

Shift sympathizes. Deciding to join something is hard.

Aye, I served Paladin so resolutely, it feels like I'm leaving his service to join anything else...

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 03:22 PM
Well.

Sunder has turtles now.

Yay?

"Uuhh..."

She really isn't sure what to make of all the reptiles. Or what to do with them. She's holding very still to make sure that they don't all go tumbling to the floor.

"I don't know much about summonin'," she admits. "I'm a, geeze, how does Maggie put it... I'm an archeologist profiteer. Mostly I just smash the stuff that tries to kill you in skeevy crypts."

And then suggestions for form changing!

"Uuhh, no thanks. I'm pretty happy with bein' a pegasus."

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 03:27 PM
Well.

Sunder has turtles now.

Yay?

"Uuhh..."

She really isn't sure what to make of all the reptiles. Or what to do with them. She's holding very still to make sure that they don't all go tumbling to the floor.

"I don't know much about summonin'," she admits. "I'm a, geeze, how does Maggie put it... I'm an archeologist profiteer. Mostly I just smash the stuff that tries to kill you in skeevy crypts."

And then suggestions for form changing!

"Uuhh, no thanks. I'm pretty happy with bein' a pegasus."

That must be a fun job.

You know, maybe just a drinking contest between me and Libra then, and you win if you can drink twice as much alcohol as the winner.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-13, 03:35 PM
"So you don't want to be a pony and you don't want to be a human, but someone have to give in or I have to be boring and just change your alcohol consumption ability or whatever and that's not fun at all. Come on you guys, it will just be for the competition!" Libra looks between the two.

Deathkeeper
2013-10-13, 03:44 PM
Arty walks over to Sunder's table.
Pardon me ladies, but do I hear that you need someone equine-sized? I can offer myself as proxy for the biped lass here.

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 03:44 PM
Sunder veeeeery carefully grips the bottom most turtle between her hooves and lifts the whole stack off her head.

Careful.

Caaaaaareful...

Yep, they just tipped over.

The teetering tower of turtles goes tumbling toward a nearby table and tips its, tossing the table's tuck toward the tavern's tenants.

The result? Tumultuous.

A large party of rowdy looking orks just got doused in food. And we all know what that means!

For a single, horrible moment there is silence and stillness. Then as one the bar brawl breaks out.

Sunder ducks under a flying stool. "Haha! Now this is more like it!"

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 03:48 PM
The drow smiles as she ducks.

Agreed!
With a flick of the wrist, a shadowy being with a snake tail appears behind an ork.
Hugs all around!
The creature's tail wraps around the Ork

Shadowcaller
2013-10-13, 04:29 PM
Libra raises her eyebrow at the fighting starts. While fights were exciting and all, it wasn't something she got involved in. It did ruin the competition though but maybe she could think of something else?

She turns to Arty instead with a wide grin, the chairs and stools somehow avoiding her as they fly. "What about you and me talk instead huh? The others must focus on the fight now!" She suggests as a chair comes flying right over Libra's head. The woman don't even appear to notice however even if her hair get's all ruffled up.

Deathkeeper
2013-10-13, 04:35 PM
Arty smiles as he reaches up and catches a flying chair by the leg.
Sure, about what? I admit I wasn't much paying attention to you folks' conversation until the end.

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 04:36 PM
The fight is, quite frankly, silly.

For some mysterious reason the furniture and objects in the tavern can't seem to hurt anyone despite the fact that for all account they should be able to. It's really rather mysterious.

And more than a little rowdy.

There's tussling and brawling and at some point Sunder manages to get that ork from earlier into a head-lock. It's a wonder that there aren't any injuries despite the flagrant absurdity of it all.

It seems almost like a comical play depicting a bar brawl rather than an actual bar brawl.

Weird.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-13, 04:38 PM
"Oh I just offered those two gals to give them a prank in exchange for a drinking contest. But then they decided to bar fight instead soooo..." Libra shrugs. "I am Libra by the way, who are you?"

Deathkeeper
2013-10-13, 04:43 PM
Oh, sorry. Call me Arty. I'm not much of the prankster type. I do scare people a lot, though. A lot of times they don't hear me coming for some reason.
He says thinking about that odd effect.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-13, 04:45 PM
Libra puts her hand under her chin and looks thoughtfully at Arty. "So what kind of type are you then Arty? What do you want?" Libra seems to ignore everything as well. After all, nothing appears to be coming her way.

Deathkeeper
2013-10-13, 04:54 PM
Well, I was in school when I came here, and I would like to go finish my education sometime. I'm running low on money so I guess I need a job soon, two. And friends. I only know two people in this whole city, three with you, and they're not really around. I'm not great with talking, and I'm worse with the fillies. Oh gosh I must look like a nerd. he says, clearly embarrassed.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-13, 04:59 PM
"Pffh, I don't even know what a nerd is!" Libra proclaims proudly. "But I can fix you up with something if you want. I know some people around here that I was planning to visit anyway now that I returned to full power." She nods at Arty.

Deathkeeper
2013-10-13, 05:03 PM
Oh, that would be cool. I mean, I really would like to finish medical school and such but I can settle for whatever until I'm qualified for something in my field. he gives another appreciative smile.

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 06:40 PM
Invidia seems to be in her element. She moves her left hand like that of a conductor, as her summoned Friend Demon hugs and flings opponents cheerfully, like a ballerina entered the fray.

Invidia has... Odd choices of summons.

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 06:57 PM
As quickly as the goofy melee started it ends. People go back to their conversations as if nothing had happened and new rounds of food and drink are ordered.

The sight is nothing short of surreal.

Sunder comes trotting back over to the endless barrel of booze and discovers a centaur!

Ugh...

Centaurs always creeped her out.

It's like someone lopped the head off a pony and attached a human torso to the stump of a neck. She decides to give the guy some person space.

"Okay, so, that was a good time I guess," Sunder laughs as she hops back up onto her stool. She's keeping an eye on that centaur just in case he does something weird....

NatsuGaki
2013-10-13, 06:57 PM
Aye, I served Paladin so resolutely, it feels like I'm leaving his service to join anything else...

Shift is beginning to understand something, although he doesn't show it.

"So, you were like a 'holy knight' or something?"

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 07:00 PM
As quickly as the goofy melee started it ends. People go back to their conversations as if nothing had happened and new rounds of food and drink are ordered.

The sight is nothing short of surreal.

Sunder comes trotting back over to the endless barrel of booze and discovers a centaur!

Ugh...

Centaurs always creeped her out.

It's like someone lopped the head off a pony and attached a human torso to the stump of a neck. She decides to give the guy some person space.

"Okay, so, that was a good time I guess," Sunder laughs as she hops back up onto her stool. She's keeping an eye on that centaur just in case he does something weird....

Invidia chuckles.
Agreed!
She hasn't dismissed the Friend Demon yet.
(Feel free to dictate NPC actions for it. It's a bit like a child, with the whole naive fun-loving spirit.)

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 07:41 PM
To celebrate the spontaneous brawl Sunder tosses back another mug of hard cider. The cup is just sort of sticking to her hoof, somehow. Must be magnets. Or some kind of minor limited telekinesis. Or something.

"Y'know, I don't think a drinkin' game would work out either way," the pegasus muses. "I already drunk a ton tonight. And if I get magiced into a spindly human dollars to donuts I pass out on the spot."

She has been drinking quite a bit already. And she's pleasantly buzzed. Which would probably translate to falling down drunk on a 150 pound biped.

"So if we wanna contest? We need somethin' else. I'm open to ideas."

Sunder waves one hoof around as if doing so will cause ideas to be woven from the empty air.

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 07:44 PM
The drow takes a few sips of her wine. Still not bothering to pour it into a glass.
At this rate, she'll pass out drunk
Fist fight?

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 08:06 PM
Sunder blinks.

Then busts up laughing.

"Okay, two things. One? No fists." Sunder waves a hoof as a visual aid. "And two?"

She turns in her stool so her right flank is visible. The fur on that side is oddly colored to form an image of a silver shield broken into several large pieces. One might even say that the shield is sundered.

"In case you don't know? That pretty picture on my butt shows where my magic is strongest. I break stuff. With these," she clops her hooves together for emphasis. "I'd be pullin' my punches like crazy. How 'bout a singin' contest instead? I think I got enough drinks in me to make a shlub of myself in public."

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 08:08 PM
Sunder blinks.

Then busts up laughing.

"Okay, two things. One? No fists." Sunder waves a hoof as a visual aid. "And two?"

She turns in her stool so her right flank is visible. The fur on that side is oddly colored to form an image of a silver shield broken into several large pieces. One might even say that the shield is sundered.

"In case you don't know? That pretty picture on my butt shows where my magic is strongest. I break stuff. With these," she clops her hooves together for emphasis. "I'd be pullin' my punches like crazy. How 'bout a singin' contest instead? I think I got enough drinks in me to make a shlub of myself in public."

yeah, you'd win. Hmm... I'm not very good. I guess it would be worth it to see that though.

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 08:17 PM
"Good at what? Singin'? Pfhahaha! Not on you life! But it's fun, y'know? That's what we're here for. Havin' a good ol' time," Sunder replies with a wide grin.

Then begins looking around the tavern for anyone who might be able to provide musical accompaniment. If she's going to be butchering some classic songs then she needs music to go with it!

Hmmm...

Maybe there's a karaoke machine hidden away somewhere.

That would be the most efficient way to cause everyone in the tavern to suffer.

Ah HA!

That grin on Sunder's face grows all the wider as she zips (somewhat drunkenly) over to a large pink machine with a microphone attached. "Yesssss!"

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 08:20 PM
"Good at what? Singin'? Pfhahaha! Not on you life! But it's fun, y'know? That's what we're here for. Havin' a good ol' time," Sunder replies with a wide grin.

Then begins looking around the tavern for anyone who might be able to provide musical accompaniment. If she's going to be butchering some classic songs then she needs music to go with it!

Hmmm...

Maybe there's a karaoke machine hidden away somewhere.

That would be the most efficient way to cause everyone in the tavern to suffer.

Ah HA!

That grin on Sunder's face grows all the wider as she zips (somewhat drunkenly) over to a large pink machine with a microphone attached. "Yesssss!"
The drow is right behind her, riding her Friend Demon.
Hey Buddy, could you stand slightly inform of the stage just in case they start throwing stuff at us? Thanks!
The demon slithers away in front of the "stage", really just the place where the machine is.
Woo! Free tomatoes!

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 08:43 PM
Sunder begins hrrming as she looks over the machine, prodding at the thing and trying to figure out how to get it to work properly. Don't ask how she manages to accomplish anything between those tiny buttons and her hooves.

After a bit of time Sunder finally manages to get the contraption operating and looks over some of the songs it contains. Given that the thing is hooked up to Teh Internets it contains all the songs.

All of them.

"Oh hey, there's that ear worm Petal Confetti likes," Sunder comments with a lopsided grin. "One I know, at least."

Oh does she ever know it. Given how often Petal is at the very least humming the tune it's pretty hard to forget.

Sunder boots up the machine and begins to sing along with the music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LlRYLgwm30).

She's absolutely awful.

But at least she's having fun!

Beans
2013-10-13, 08:47 PM
Hmmm, who might be here?
Tsuna (http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3827/k560.png), of course. The coyote-eared gal sips a drink, watching as karaoke closes in on them all like a storm made of drunk people.
Frowning, she realizes she's not drunk enough for this yet and orders something other than Ribena.
She does enjoy the singing, more because the singer is having a good time than because of anything else.

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 08:47 PM
Sunder begins hrrming as she looks over the machine, prodding at the thing and trying to figure out how to get it to work properly. Don't ask how she manages to accomplish anything between those tiny buttons and her hooves.

After a bit of time Sunder finally manages to get the contraption operating and looks over some of the songs it contains. Given that the thing is hooked up to Teh Internets it contains all the songs.

All of them.

"Oh hey, there's that ear worm Petal Confetti likes," Sunder comments with a lopsided grin. "One I know, at least."

Oh does she ever know it. Given how often Petal is at the very least humming the tune it's pretty hard to forget.

Sunder boots up the machine and begins to sing along with the music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LlRYLgwm30).

She's absolutely awful.

But at least she's having fun!

Celica picked the wrong time to enter.
She is now clutching her rabbit ears and trying to stop hearing the singing.

Invidia sings along with her, just as equally painfully.

Now Celica is trying to cover both her human and rabbit ears.
And doubling over in pain.
Likely bumping into Tsuna as she searches for earmuffs

Rebonack
2013-10-13, 09:01 PM
Some people laugh. Some people clap. And at least one person throws a rotten durian at the stage. Thankfully Sunder isn't so drunk that she can't dodge the offensively odoriferous fruit.

"Thank you, thank you, and I'm gunna break the teeth of whoever tossed that nasty thing!" the pegasus laughs. "Okay! Somepony else pick and song and get crackin'! We're gunna have some fun!"

Woohoo!

Fun!

Who might pick out the next song?

Stay tuned to find out!

Sunder moves up along side the doggy-eared gal. "What about you, huh? Brave enough or drunk enough to try singin'?"

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 09:04 PM
Mind if I?
Unless stopped, the drow picks a song.
All I need is to have a good time! (http://youtu.be/7yMtslWhcGY)

Beans
2013-10-13, 09:06 PM
Tsuna looks at her Jack and Coke and giggles nervously. Not just yet, but after this I think I will be...
She takes a brave swig and nearly falls over.
Ahrjgeig alcohol why.

Arkhosia
2013-10-13, 09:10 PM
Celica lets go of her ears.
Thank god they stopped! I think my ears are bleeding.
She turns to Tsuna.
Are my ears bleeding?! They really hurt! Wait, how can I bleed? That wouldn't really make any sense at all! Hey, are you a Faunus as well?

The Bushranger
2013-10-13, 10:15 PM
Shrike winks at Fettina, grinning as she notes the sparkly girl's reaction ot the drink, before downing her own with a similar reaction. "Man, it'd been awhile for me too...I'd forgotten how good those things were," she purrs. "And hey, you're back now. That means we get to catch up! Although I haven't had much going on myself," she admits with a shrug and a sigh.

"I see. I'm not good in either. There was never any need for such things where I'm from."

"Oh? Why not?" Shawna asks, curious, before looking towards the karakoke machine...

Aric Kale
2013-10-13, 11:50 PM
Shift is beginning to understand something, although he doesn't show it.

"So, you were like a 'holy knight' or something?"

Well, doesn't he catch on fast...
Wizard, technically, but yes. You get the idea.

Murkus
2013-10-13, 11:52 PM
"Nexus taverns are... the best," Tina declares, looking at the karaoke as if it's more evidence of the same. She laughs at the spectacle, making a noise like wind chimes.

"Oh, I've been busy enough for the both of us. It involved a lot more thinking and walking than I'm used to," Tina says, nodding to herself. "But I resolved to start doing... something with my life. Y'know, become big in the music scene, get together with my dad for once, maybe find a boyfriend. Or girlfriend. Maybe." She smirks and gestures for another round.

Beans
2013-10-14, 12:02 AM
Celica lets go of her ears.
Thank god they stopped! I think my ears are bleeding.
She turns to Tsuna.
Are my ears bleeding?! They really hurt! Wait, how can I bleed? That wouldn't really make any sense at all! Hey, are you a Faunus as well?
Um, I have no idea if they're bleeding, but I dunno what a Faunus is. I'm just a coyote-lady and stuff! She finishes her drink and falls over for real.
GONNA SING SOME QUEEN I'M GON' DO IT soon as I stand up.

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 12:07 AM
Um, I have no idea if they're bleeding, but I dunno what a Faunus is. I'm just a coyote-lady and stuff! She finishes her drink and falls over for real.
GONNA SING SOME QUEEN I'M GON' DO IT soon as I stand up.

Celica looks crestfallen for a second.
Oh. Hey, you okay? Need help getting up? Do you know where I could find some earmuffs? The music's hurting my ears!
Celica grabs Tsuna's hand and yanks her up energetically.
Glad to meet you by the way! I'm Celica! Yes, I am a vampire. Not evil though! I'm actually considering joining HALO.

And then Invidia starts singing.
Celica doubles over and tries to cover/fold her ears, actually crying out in pain this time.
Ow, ow ow ow OW ow ow! Please-ow-tell me you-OW-know where earmuffs are! OW!

The Bushranger
2013-10-14, 12:46 AM
"Nexus taverns are... the best," Tina declares, looking at the karaoke as if it's more evidence of the same. She laughs at the spectacle, making a noise like wind chimes.

"Oh, I've been busy enough for the both of us. It involved a lot more thinking and walking than I'm used to," Tina says, nodding to herself. "But I resolved to start doing... something with my life. Y'know, become big in the music scene, get together with my dad for once, maybe find a boyfriend. Or girlfriend. Maybe." She smirks and gestures for another round.

"Oh, you? Settling down? Next thing you know you'll be telling me Magtok turned into a hero," Shrike teases, sticking her tongue out at her friend as the drinks arrive. "But I know the feeling. Making a legacy, right? That kind of sneaks up on you."

Murkus
2013-10-14, 01:02 AM
Tina gives Shrike a playful shove. "Hey, don't tease! I'm givin this some serious consideration." The pink girl takes her second Shadow and upends it again, wiping her mouth on her wrist this time. Her lips are turning a bit blue.

There's a moments pause before she replies, "It's not really about a legacy... y'know, leaving something behind for when I'm gone. I can live forever if I want. It's about... I don't know. Being a star I guess. All the little girls think about that sometime or another right?"

GrandDM
2013-10-14, 02:43 AM
"That thing's gonna knock you on your ass, y'know," Tina says, giggling a little. "I never see humans order it." At least, Harald looks human to her, despite his professed age.

"This is a genetically engineered body. I can drink vodka like it's water. It takes a lot to get me drunk."

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 02:46 AM
Meanwhile, the Friend Demon slithers around the tavern.
I like this place! So many friendly faces! People are so kind too! They give you free fruit and stools!

Murkus
2013-10-14, 03:18 AM
"This is a genetically engineered body. I can drink vodka like it's water. It takes a lot to get me drunk."

"I'd love to see how much," Tina says with a rather wicked-looking grin. She downs her own drink, watching Harald over the rim of the glass.

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 03:55 AM
Celica, clutching her ears, stumbles to the door. Pain dulling her senses, she crashes into Fettina's Piano.
OWW!
Celica falls down due to the impact, letting go of her ears in surprise.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-14, 07:50 AM
Well, doesn't he catch on fast...
Wizard, technically, but yes. You get the idea.

"Yeah, well. Close enough."

Shift looks around, and suddenly he changes shape again. This time, he's a slim teenage boy, dressed in pale blue and silver robes.

"Tada. Holy Wizard. Although you probably had a different uniform."

Aric Kale
2013-10-14, 10:03 AM
"Yeah, well. Close enough."

Shift looks around, and suddenly he changes shape again. This time, he's a slim teenage boy, dressed in pale blue and silver robes.

"Tada. Holy Wizard. Although you probably had a different uniform."

Clara gets a good laugh out of Shift's antics.
Right now she's wearing a long, hooded cloak which seems to have a chameleon-like effect, and a tan outfit consisting of pants and a shirt.
Actually, I dressed like this 90% of the time.
I forgot to mention, she has a long, knotted, wooden staff with a large gemstone imbedded at the top.

GrandDM
2013-10-14, 10:14 AM
"I'd love to see how much," Tina says with a rather wicked-looking grin. She downs her own drink, watching Harald over the rim of the glass.

Grinning, he empties the glass. He stands completely steady, not a sign of being even slightly tipsy.

"That's one."

Celica, clutching her ears, stumbles to the door. Pain dulling her senses, she crashes into Fettina's Piano.
OWW!
Celica falls down due to the impact, letting go of her ears in surprise.

Except she doesn't, because Harald catches her.

"Careful."

He tilts his head to one side.

"Hmm. Hypersensitive ears. Hold on, I have some earplugs somewhere."

He pulls a pair out of a pocket and, if she lets him, puts them in Celica's rabbit ears. They completely block out all sound, so she'll be hearing through her human ears..

((Assuming it's Fettina-and-Harald Fettina and not Fettina-and-Shrike Fettina you meant.))

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 11:27 AM
Thanks you! Sorry about that, I just kinda have some place to be, and I gotta go now.

Murkus
2013-10-14, 11:49 AM
Tina looks at Harald expectantly, waiting for him to order another, when someone falls all over her beautiful piano. Even though it's practically indestructible, she still complains, "Hey, watch what you're doing please! That thing's expensive!"

GrandDM
2013-10-14, 12:27 PM
Thanks you! Sorry about that, I just kinda have some place to be, and I gotta go now.

Tina looks at Harald expectantly, waiting for him to order another, when someone falls all over her beautiful piano. Even though it's practically indestructible, she still complains, "Hey, watch what you're doing please! That thing's expensive!"

"Don't worry about it, Tina. Anything's fixable, as long as it's an object. I can't do anything about feelings - I'm not a telepath."

He grins again, emptying another glass.

"I've no shortage of supplies."

Still no sign of him being drunk.

Murkus
2013-10-14, 12:53 PM
"That thing's made of actual hardened light. It's not supposed to break, but I don't trust this place," Tina says, mock-scowling around at Trog's Tavern. Her eyebrows shoot up when Harald downs his second glass. "Wow. I mean, damn. Don't let me stop you."

NatsuGaki
2013-10-14, 01:56 PM
Clara gets a good laugh out of Shift's antics.
Right now she's wearing a long, hooded cloak which seems to have a chameleon-like effect, and a tan outfit consisting of pants and a shirt.
Actually, I dressed like this 90% of the time.
I forgot to mention, she has a long, knotted, wooden staff with a large gemstone imbedded at the top.

Shift pouts, the effect heightened by his younger face.

"No uniform? Booriingg."

The staff, however, he finds quite interesting. So much so, in fact, that after a few seconds of examination, he turns into something very similar, only without the gem.

"Feh. Gems are hard. What kind is it?"

The talking staff is a little weird.

Aric Kale
2013-10-14, 02:17 PM
Shift pouts, the effect heightened by his younger face.

"No uniform? Booriingg."

The staff, however, he finds quite interesting. So much so, in fact, that after a few seconds of examination, he turns into something very similar, only without the gem.

"Feh. Gems are hard. What kind is it?"

The talking staff is a little weird.

Clara laughs again! I met a Bog Wizard who would hide in his staff. Let people think it was just brush until the danger had past...
It's an amethyst. The tip of the crystal is still white though. In fact, only the very core appears to be purple.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-14, 02:45 PM
The staff blurs and changes back into Shift's original form.

"I like Bog Wizards. Good drinkers."

He looks at the staff again.

"I can't change into amethysts... Sad, really."

Rebonack
2013-10-14, 03:43 PM
Sunder glowers at the self proclaimed 'nice vampire'.

When she was a nightshade she had used almost that exact same line plenty of times. Whoever was confronting would hesitate, then she would kill them. Thankfully she got put down, cleansed, and resurrected after the whole crazy moon crisis was over. But having experienced what it's like on the other side of the fence she long ago resolved never to trust undead of any kind.

Sadly it seems like the singing has died down, so she returns to drinking herself into stupor. Her ear twitches at Harald's comment about booze and being able to avoid getting drunk.

"Eh? What's the point then?" the buzzed pegasus asks. "Folk ain't drinkin' because it tastes great. They's drinkin' to get drank. Uuh... drunk. To get drunk."

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 04:13 PM
Celica notices Sunder glowering at her.
W-why are you staring at me like that?
She sounds very fearful, and she subconsciously backs behind Harold.

Meanwhile, Invidia finishes singing and dismisses the friend demon.

Beans
2013-10-14, 04:31 PM
Tsuna, meanwhile, starts to stumble towards the karaoke machine, unless anyone else gets there first.

And sings a song about a piece of machinery she has never owned. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgee3FNiZY4)

Rebonack
2013-10-14, 05:07 PM
Sunder replies to the vampire's question by pointing at her face with a hoof and then turning it around to point at said vampire.

The message is clear.

I've got my eyes on you.

Given the pegasus' currently inebriated state it probably wouldn't take much right now to get her to pounce on the vampire. Or in other words, don't go kissing anyone on the neck unless you want your teeth knocked out.

Once she's sure that her point has been made she returns to her business of trying to drain the undrainable keg of hard cider.

Will she succeed?

Probably not.

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 05:11 PM
Now Celica looks really scared.
A extremely powerful inebriated battle-loving hoof-fighter is suspicious of her. The results of her mistaking her actions... Celica shudders at that thought and backs behind Harold even more. She is now standing behind his shoulder.

Invidia passes out drunk at the table. She didn't even finish half the bottle!

Aric Kale
2013-10-14, 06:00 PM
A pity, amethyst is my favorite...
She holds her staff in one hand until it shrinks from six feet to about six inches.
There, much less bulky.

NatsuGaki
2013-10-14, 06:35 PM
"Yeah, they are my favorite too, but I can only change into rubies and opals."

Shift looks impressed at the shrinking of the staff.

"I wish I could shrink my gear. It's a pain to carry."

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 06:45 PM
The next day, Invidia wakes up in the tavern.
Crap! I need to be there in like 20 minutes!
Invidia sprints out of the tavern hastily to riverside

Aric Kale
2013-10-14, 07:19 PM
Oh, thank you. Shrinking and expanding is really one of the most basic concepts. The principles of magic are imagining it happening, within reason, put your energy into it, and release the magic.
They never really explain it in the book series, so that's what I've kinda figured for myself.

The Bushranger
2013-10-14, 08:03 PM
Tina gives Shrike a playful shove. "Hey, don't tease! I'm givin this some serious consideration." The pink girl takes her second Shadow and upends it again, wiping her mouth on her wrist this time. Her lips are turning a bit blue.

There's a moments pause before she replies, "It's not really about a legacy... y'know, leaving something behind for when I'm gone. I can live forever if I want. It's about... I don't know. Being a star I guess. All the little girls think about that sometime or another right?"

Shrike shoves back with a giggle, and then goes to slide an arm around Fettina's waist, not squeezing - this time. And nods. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Getting your name out there and letting everyone know just what you are and who you are." She chuckles, downing her second drink with a distinctly pleasant shiver. "Thought about that myself, sometimes even."

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 08:12 PM
Celica walks up to Sunder timidly.
L-Listen, I am n-not at all like other vampires. I-I swear, I've n-never done any harm t-to anyone. I would never d-drink blood from someone!

Murkus
2013-10-14, 08:25 PM
Shrike shoves back with a giggle, and then goes to slide an arm around Fettina's waist, not squeezing - this time. And nods. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Getting your name out there and letting everyone know just what you are and who you are." She chuckles, downing her second drink with a distinctly pleasant shiver. "Thought about that myself, sometimes even."

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I mean, Exalted sure seem like the heroic, attention-drawing type," Tina scooches up next to Shrike, getting comfortable. "I bet they'd tell legends about you if you tried hard enough. Handsome bards could write songs in your honor! Or at least, I would."

NatsuGaki
2013-10-14, 08:34 PM
Oh, thank you. Shrinking and expanding is really one of the most basic concepts. The principles of magic are imagining it happening, within reason, put your energy into it, and release the magic.
They never really explain it in the book series, so that's what I've kinda figured for myself.

Shift grins.

"That's pretty interesting. Too bad I'm not a magic user."

Others may be shocked by this statement, due to the fact that Shift seems to use a type of magic, but that's just what he can do as a species. Very few shape-shifters can actually use 'magic'.

Chaotic Bob
2013-10-14, 08:44 PM
Sunder replies to the vampire's question by pointing at her face with a hoof and then turning it around to point at said vampire.

The message is clear.

I've got my eyes on you.

Given the pegasus' currently inebriated state it probably wouldn't take much right now to get her to pounce on the vampire. Or in other words, don't go kissing anyone on the neck unless you want your teeth knocked out.

Once she's sure that her point has been made she returns to her business of trying to drain the undrainable keg of hard cider.

Will she succeed?

Probably not.

And then a small silver dragon was jumping down towards her back.

She had been observing for a few minutes now, debating with herself over whether or not to sing that little ballad about the dancing sunshine mice.
No one would appreciate it though, which is okay. Not really the cup of tea for the folks here.

So instead, something else was decided upon.

Step 1) Ascend the Rafters
Step 2) Wiggle down into a good pouncing position
Step 3) Pounce upon the unsuspecting pony
Step 4) Squeal "Pony!" in the most glee-ridden voice possible

The Bushranger
2013-10-14, 08:45 PM
"Aw, now you're just flattering me." Shrike giggles, and there's actually a blush across the red-haired Exalt's cheeks. "I really should go out and do more heroics, though, so that you could actually sing those songs in polite company," she teases, motioning for another round of of drinks, and tilting her head to rest it against her friend's shoulder.

Rebonack
2013-10-14, 08:54 PM
That glare of Sunder's grows increasingly intense as the vampire moves closer to her. If it were possible to light someone on fire with looks alone then a fire extinguisher would probably be required.

Sunder's mouth is pressed into a hard line as Celica stammers our her excuse for existing. She waits until the vampire is done and replies in a cold, level voice. "If you speak to me again I will break you and leave you out in the sun to burn. We tidy?"

Seems she isn't interested in making friends with a vampire.

And then a tiny dragon leaps on her back.

Sunder reacts to this more or less like any pegasus might. Namely by leaping into the air and beginning to pitch and buck violently. Why is she so panicked by this suddenly assault on her person?

"Ah! AAAAAH! Killa plushy attack!"

Murkus
2013-10-14, 08:59 PM
"Oh, sugar, look where we are. Does it seem like I'm worried about polite company?" Tina grins wickedly."But hey, that's not a bad idea! I bet I'd get a lot of tips here if I sang about our, y'know, exploits."

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 08:59 PM
y-yes.
Celica is utterly terrified of the Pegasus, obvious by her facial expression.

She backs away, and likely collides with Libra and Arty

Chaotic Bob
2013-10-14, 09:05 PM
Well Sunder, aren't you a grumpy-butt today.

Her determination to be a butt is met with fierce giggling as the wyrm-assaulter clings tight to her back.
Surprisingly adept at keeping her claws from inflicting harm, but still at using them to hang on.
"Calm down, silly! The Flock's all sleeping."

It is in everyone's best interest they stay that way.

For some errant reason, whilst atop a terrified and bucking equine, the dragon decides to add in a simplistic sing-songy mantra.
"Pony pony pony~"

Deathkeeper
2013-10-14, 09:09 PM
Arty leans back and puts a hand to Cel's back before she backs into his rump, as funny as that would be.
Watch yourself, miss, he says a bit awkwardly.

Oh, that would be cool. I mean, I really would like to finish medical school and such but I can settle for whatever until I'm qualified for something in my field. he gives another appreciative smile.

Arkhosia
2013-10-14, 09:11 PM
Celica jumps, startled.
Oh, sorry! Didn't see you there! Please don't hurt me!
She sounds a really scared.

Rebonack
2013-10-14, 09:12 PM
Sunder is completely okay with undead being terrified of her. As well they should be. She likes busting skulls in the Mispelled Cemetary as a means of blowing off steam.

In other news!

The bucking slows down a bit when Sunder realizes that the thing on her back is talking (which the Flock can't) and the talking thing is saying that the flock is sleeping (which is good).

And now?

Now that she isn't locked in blind panic she's glancing around trying to figure out the identity of her uninvited passenger. Thankfully pony necks have impressive mobility.

Huh.

There's a tiny dragon on her back.

"...what the hay are you doin'?"

Chaotic Bob
2013-10-14, 09:20 PM
The little dragon gives Sunder a rather pure smile, seeming happy just for the sake of being happy.
"You looked like you needed a friend.
Hi!"

Cue one talon-wiggle wave from one foreleg.