PDA

View Full Version : Streets of the Town XIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 01:04 AM
Streets...enjoy.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 01:06 AM
"But I don't have a mouth!" the orb complains. "How am I supposed to shut a piece of anatomy I don't have?"

"Have you tried self-destructing?" The man says, aggravated.

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 01:11 AM
Kyrian walks out of Alarra's Gems, and down the street towards Lillah's house. He vanishes.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 01:18 AM
"They don't think I'm important enough to have a fail-safe..." the orb says in a dejected voice as it drops slightly lower in the air. "*sniff* Nobody loves me..."

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 01:19 AM
"I can see why." The man, tired of this conversation, tries to manuever around the depressed sphere and continue on his way.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 01:23 AM
It doesn't attempt to stop him, but rather drops to the snow covered street and begins sobbing.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 01:26 AM
It doesn't attempt to stop him, but rather drops to the snow covered street and begins sobbing.
((Damn you, Rebonack! DAMN YOU!

P.S. How does an orb cry?))

The man sighs. "Look...thing, what do you want from me?!"

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 01:31 AM
((It's just making the sound, no tears involved.))

"I just wanted to help Secret Agent Stick Omega follow you!" the orb wails. "But you hate me! And he probably hates me too!"

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 01:33 AM
The man reminisces about his life. This thing seems to have struck a chord.

"Hey, thing, listen I- Wait, Secret Agent who?"

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 01:36 AM
((Uh-oh :smalleek: ))

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 01:44 AM
Regiji steps out of the tavern with Boru floating behind him. By some extra-sensory perception likely involving detecting pure annoying Regiji zeros in on the probe. He sighs and shakes his head as he approaches.

"Let's go, Probe," he says in a rather exhausted tone. "We're heading home."

"Yay! Regiji still loves me!"

The probe bursts from the snow and darts into Regiji's pack.

"Sorry if that thing was bothering you, sir," Regiji says apologetically. "Who ever wrote the commands for its personality needs to be beat about the head for a while."

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 01:46 AM
"Wait!" The man gets up, "What about this Secret Agent?!"

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 01:47 AM
"Who ever wrote the commands for its personality needs to be beat about the head for a while."

((Your character wants to beat you across the head?))

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 01:49 AM
((Yes, he does. I would too if I were him. I had him enter Town by falling about 120 feet from the sky face first into the pavement.))

Regiji pauses mid-step, glances back at the man over his shoulder.

"What Secret Agent are we talking about?" Regiji then shakes his head. "If the Probe said anything about anything ignore it. I swear, whoever put them together has a sick sense of humor..."

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 01:51 AM
((You're not going to make this easy for me, are you?))

"Secret Agent..." The man was at a lapse for remembering the exact name, "Stick something. It's important."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 01:54 AM
((I'm suprised nobody's commented on SASO's lack of physical detail. He's OOTS style, and not a soul as noticed!))

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 01:57 AM
High above the Town a female voice starts to sing. Her voice is directed towards the heavens where Jovah should be. She sings for hours as she tries to get Jovah to listen to her. Her song spirals upwards into the heavens but her god isn't there. Finally she heads down to the ground, wondering why he can't hear her voice. She spots a tavern as she lands and walks inside, holding her wings back away from the door frame.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 01:59 AM
((Of course, I'm enough of a bastard to drop my character on his face and let him get set on fire on four occasions just because I think it's funny.))

Regiji pauses, then sighs. He doesn't feel like ruining Omega's nightly stalking any more than it already has been.

"Look, there's no one here named Secret Agent Stick anything, I've been around long enough to know. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to be on my way before my dog here freezes."

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 02:04 AM
The man stares at the person who's claimed the orb. "...Fine." He says. There's a short pause.

"...Hey, you wouldn't happen to know a place with a dumpster around, would you?"

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 02:14 AM
((Note that Regiji didn't actually lie. SASO's name is not Secret Agent Stick Omega, that's just what he calls himself since he's forgotten his name =P And also of interest, Regiji gets irritable when the fourth wall gets smashed.))

Regiji places his hand on his forehead and slowly runs it down his face.

"No. There were no dumpsters here the first time you asked me," Regiji sounds irritated; whether or not it's an act is pretty much impossible to tell. "And in the subsequent hour or so no dumpsters have been created. Thus, the only viable source of filth is the nearest convenient pile of refuse. Now I bid you good evening, sir. Enjoy your frolic in the garbage."

Regiji stalks off toward the vacant lot near the library. Upon reaching it both he and Boru promptly vanish.

The pair rematerialize in Regiji's sanctum. He places the Boru on the hound's cushion then lays down himself on the nearby bed.

"ZZZzzzz... *snort mumble* ...Try reversing the polarity... ZZZzzzz... *snort mumble*"

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 02:25 AM
"What an annoying meatbag." The man says aloud.

And lying, too. There's no reason to get so defensive about the existence of a person. I'm not that stupid. The man stands in place, looking around slowly with his eyes. But I don't see anyone...That doesn't mean they aren't there, though. I'd better watch out.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-30, 02:29 AM
((I'm suprised nobody's commented on SASO's lack of physical detail. He's OOTS style, and not a soul as noticed!))
[ That's actually a very common feature of people in this Town. :smallwink:]

Gaheris emerged from the station and walked towards Trog's, hoping to be able to have a drink without discovering a murder scene complete with body this time.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 03:35 AM
SASO heads to the station, after investigating the outside of the tavern.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 03:46 AM
The man heads out onto the street looking for something that would resemble a secret agent...stick.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 03:48 AM
((He might notice that there is snow on the ground, and fresh footprints lead to the police station.))

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 03:53 AM
((He might notice that there is snow on the ground, and fresh footprints lead to the police station.))
((I keep imagining this place in summer and I don't know why))

The man notices there is snow on the ground and fresh footprints lead to the police station.

Bad idea... he thinks to himself, If there are more people in there this won't end well... The man walks over to the police station and goes into the alley next to it, waiting for someone to come out alone.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 03:59 AM
((OK I'll bite))
SASO steps out of the station, polishing a pair of pistols telekinetically, and muttering something about
sub-plots.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 04:07 AM
((I'll be honest, I was expecting you not to come out.))

The man sees someone exit the police station...This must be him, right? Well, there's only one way to find out.

Staring at the person making their way for the tavern, The man attempts to Read his Mind and ascertain what information he's gathered.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:16 AM
((Would this be every single bit of memory, or just what he's currently thinking about? Right now his only concern is going to Trog's.))

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 04:18 AM
((Would this be every single bit of memory, or just what he's currently thinking about? Right now his only concern is going to Trog's.))
((It's whatever the man is looking for right now - that would be your identity.))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:24 AM
He finds the person sometimes goes by the title Secret Agent Stick Omega.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 04:27 AM
I knew it! I knew it! What other reason would he have a stick body??

The man contemplates what to do. This person is obviously an officer of the law. If the man gets captured...revealed...that's no good - he won't let those meatbags take him. But how can he kill this thing quickly and quietly? Shiv to the spin, perhaps? Going for the jugular. How very tedious...

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:30 AM
Meanwhile, SASO draws ever closer to the tavern...

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 04:33 AM
((Must have a broken leg or something, huh Magtok?))

The man will try a different approach.

Focusing for a moment, he points a hand out at the ever travelling Agent and thinks Confusion. A conical beam of energy projects outward towards the agent - if it connects, at best, he will be stunned for several seconds. At worst, it will render him unconscious.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:36 AM
((No broken leg, just his player's been waiting for some action.))
It hits. He is dazed for the length of your next post.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 04:39 AM
((I've been contemplating whether it's a good idea to attack or not))

The man charges from the alley behind the agent, a small dagger in hand. Once he reaches him, the man wraps his free arm under and up the agen't sarmpit and slides the dagger up to his throat.

"I'm no expert on physiology, but will this kill you?" The man asks condescendingly.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:43 AM
Maybe. But do you think you'll get a chance?

He attempts to telekinetically lift a gun out of his holster, and aims it at the man's hand with the dagger and fires, so that the shot might make him drop the weapon.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 04:47 AM
The dagger flies out of his hand, landing some distance away in the snow.

"So, you're a telekinetic too, eh?" The man said, tightenind his grip around him. He didn't even seem phased by the fact that he could still get blown away by the gun.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:54 AM
Not just that...
He telekinetically attempts to free himself of the man's hold by shoving the guy off.
If successful, he takes out his blue energy blades and says:...I'm also a PC!

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 04:56 AM
The man attempts to contain the struggling PC, but he is simply not that strong a guy. SASO breaks free and delivers his little line ((Feh)).

"To me you're no more than a meat bag." The man spits.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 05:03 AM
Funny, I've been told that thousands of time by androids from my home dimension, but never once did I think a human, much less a random, crazy deer-brain-stealing human, would ever call me that.

Just in case, SASO telekinetically yanks the dagger into his hand, and puts it away.

According to the way things work in this town, I'm now authorized to go lethal force on your a**.

After having said that, he telekinetically tosses both dagger and energy blades into the man's chest.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 05:07 AM
The dagger and the energy blades all connect with his chest, sinking deep into their knew fleshy sheath. The man is unmoved.

"Now listen here...." He says, removing the dagger from his chest, "You can call me a lot of things, but don't EVER call me that!" The man lunges at SASO with his dagger in one hand, a large conglomeration of Psionic energy in the other.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 05:12 AM
How'd he survive that? No matter...
SASO dodges by taking off into the air about 20 feet above the man, pulls out pistols with the ability to pierce mithril, and empties two entire cartridges of ammo aimed at the man at the man.

That'd be a grand total of twenty bullet wounds, unless the man can dodge or block the ammunition.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 05:17 AM
The man hastily throws up his hand - the ball of energy expands immediately into a large shield, deflecting the majority of the bullets. He still gets a couple that embed themselves in various spots on his body, but he doesn't even show signs of pain.

"I didn't think you were a meatbag at first, but if you insist to be one, then die like one!" He shouts. The psionic energy shoots outwards - a concussive force charging at SOSA.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 05:19 AM
Kethend flies above the Town with Tygerlilly on his back. She urges him to do loop de loops, sudden death drops, dives, vertical climbs and anything else he can come up with. She giggles and laughs with each new aerial stunt.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 05:20 AM
Kethend flies above the Town with Tygerlilly on his back. She urges him to do loop de loops, sudden death drops, dives, vertical climbs and anything else he can come up with. She giggles and laughs with each new aerial stunt.

((Pffft, go ahead and ruin the tension of the moment))

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 05:22 AM
((Lovin' every minute of it))

Suddenly Tygerlilly spots some ships at the docks. She urges Kethend to fly over them. She tries to hit the crows nest of each ship with feathers.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 05:26 AM
In a flash, SASO telekinetically yanks his blades back, and uses them to absorb the majority of the psionic energy. The rest hits him like a hard punch to the gut. He lands to conserve energy.
Enough with the meatbag thing. You're not a robot. I'd know, I fought hundreds of 'em.

SASO grows tired of this battle and sends out his blades to randomly skewer the man while he fires at him with the guns.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 05:29 AM
The man sends up another Psionic shield. It guarded against the attacks well enough at first, but soon began to bend and warp under the pressure.

"Robots aren't the only things that get to call your bluff." He informs. Dropping the dagger to the ground, he uses his now-free hand to shoot a Mind Blast at SASO - basically, Confusion with concussive force added in.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 05:33 AM
He is hit hard by the blast and is sent through the front door of Trog's Tavern, where he smashes into an unoccupied table.
((To continue the battle you'll have to follow him to that thread..))

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 05:36 AM
"Damn, hope there's no meatbags in there on his side.." The man says, running inside the tavern.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-30, 05:40 AM
[ Oh great. More kender.]

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 05:44 AM
((oooo, Tygerlilly wants to divebomb you, oooo, can she?))

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-30, 06:33 AM
[ If she wants to divebomb straight through the indestructible roof of Trog's, sure. The character's in there at the moment.

Though his gryphon would divebomb you right back, and he wouldn't be playing. :smalltongue:]

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 07:00 AM
With a heavy heart, and an evil voice in his head, SASO left the tavern with a dead body, and went to the police station.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-30, 07:31 AM
Gaheris emerged from Trog's and made his sleep-sotted way into the Slums, doing his best to remain alert.

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 11:33 AM
Kyrian appears in the streets and walks around, before heading to the agency.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 01:25 PM
Regiji awakens and stretches a bit, then heads over to the nearby shower. For the next several minutes steam fills the large upright tube while Regiji whistles the opening theme of some anime he had seen somewhere. Shortly he steps out, still clad in the charcoal-grey body suit he always seems to have on. Almost as if... it's part of him?

The closet wall extends with a slight *pssssh*, revealing a sizable number of outfits identical to the one Regiji is normally seen wearing. He selects one completely at random and dons it. As he's putting it on a roughly basketball sized black cube with glowing cyan dome on one surface drifts over to him.

"Tell Boru I'll be at Trog's," Regiji instructs the device. "If he's hungry or anything just order it up for him."

"Of course, sir," the Doorman responds in a dignified tone.

Regiji then vanishes from the Sanctum.

Regiji winks into view in the vacant lot by the library, then walks off towards Trog's wondering what misadventures are in store for him today.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 01:34 PM
SASO leaves the station, and heads for Trog's.
He is clutching the side of his head as he does this.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 06:35 PM
Far above the streets, a fuschia colored pomegranate falls from the Cornerstone of Worlds. Right as it gets clear of the floating building, it turns into man in a grey coat and tophat, standing on a cane.
Or, more accurately, falling on top of a cane. With style. He pulls off a few skateboard-style tricks while flying through the air, then streaks to the ground and watches as it stretches like soft rubber before his cane, slinging him back into the air.
The Dancing Man catches onto the sun as he flies past and sits on top of it, watching the Town.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-12-30, 08:05 PM
Eralin sprints from Trogs Tavern with a limp and two revolvers in his hands.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 08:08 PM
To avoid continuity errors, Iames sends an avatar after the man with the revolvers. I told you, you're under arrest! Stop now, or I will use lethal force! He pulls his FN Five-seveN from his sash.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-12-30, 08:10 PM
"Up yours!" He shouts as he fires the revolvers in his hands twice and he continues to run fowards.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 08:14 PM
((so he's firing at whatever's in front of him, or over his shoulder, or what?))

Your funeral. Iames takes aim and fires three rounds, each bullet aimed with literally divine accuracy to blow out the knee of his injured leg.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-12-30, 08:20 PM
((Behind him))

"Oh FU-" Eralin spins onto the floor and grabs his leg "DAMN YOU!" He yells at the cop "I ran from the port to get AWAY from you guys" He yells as tears roll down his face "Crap" He goes limp on the floor, his pistols next to him. He reaches into his pocket and grabs for a vial, and brings it to his mouth, but drops it on his chest "Damn" he says with a chuckle.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 08:23 PM
Iames retroactively dodges the bullets. He goes up next to Eralin and kicks the revolvers (I assume he dropped them) out of reach, then takes the vial. He tries to turn Eralin over onto his stomach and bring his wrists behind him for cuffing.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-12-30, 08:30 PM
Eralin struggles to be flipped at first, but then gives in and flips over "Killing my family aint good enough for you people is it?" he says solemnly as the cuffs click closed.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 08:35 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, and I certainly didn't have anything to do with your family being killed... unless you're from Tyrath? Iames's face is briefly haunted as he heals Eralin's wounds.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 08:36 PM
((Or is Kyla. :smallwink:))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 08:40 PM
((Or is Kyla. :smallwink:))

((Since Eralin is quite clearly not a Tarrasque, that is not one of the possibilities Iames was considering. :smalltongue:))

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-12-30, 08:44 PM
"No, but I know you people. Givin law you are protected, and you steal are things. When my father finally fought back you Killed him and stole my mother." Eralin says angrily "Your all the same type of filth. . ." He says as he moves his leg away from healing.
"Im not taking any healing from you! Magic is for those who cant build! I can build" He says to him.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 08:49 PM
You're over generalizing. And this isn't magic. It's psionics. There are differences. Iames tries to heal the man again.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-12-30, 08:54 PM
Eralin rolls away from the healing again "Screw you pal, I'll heal the normal way."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 08:56 PM
Iames sighs. Very well, then.

((Do you mind if Iames teleports them to the police station?))

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-12-30, 09:01 PM
((If is a touchspell, yes))

"Shut up" Eralin says hatefully.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 09:03 PM
SASO leaves Inari's temple, and heads for the police station. Seeing that Iames has things under control, and that his player is in a rush, he is gone in a flash.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 09:07 PM
((I mean, I know your character will mind it. But I'm asking if you the player don't want him to be teleported.))

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 09:09 PM
Thecla runs out of Alarra's and down the street towards Trog's Tavern.

Mik
2006-12-30, 09:10 PM
Mik runs out after Thecla, and gives a quick howl to the moon.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-12-30, 09:10 PM
((No its fine, you can))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 09:13 PM
Iames puts a hand on Eralin's shoulder, and they are teleported to the police station.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 09:33 PM
An avatar of Iames appears and collects Eralin's revolvers, then disappears.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 10:42 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Diosworldcrafter.png
A shimmer of green light announces the appearance of a stranger. He appears to be a simple elven craftsman, and he has one hand on the hammer in his belt.
Which way is it?
He appears to get an answer, and he nods and heads to Trog's Tavern.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 10:45 PM
((Another character? How the heck do you juggle all those different threads, plots, and names in your head?))

((V:Nevermind then.))

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 10:47 PM
((He's going to be here for... less than a day))
((He's not new either))

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 11:03 PM
Alena walks out of Inari's she takes a few running steps and flaps her wings, slowly she gains altitude. She flies high above the Town and lifts her voice to the stars. She sings desperately trying to gain Jovah's attention, anything at all, she sings for hours, trying song after song, but nothing happens. Finally she comes back down to earth, crestfallen, wondering why her god won't answer her. She finds someplace to stay for the night, covered by her wings.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 11:05 PM
SASO heads to Trog's.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 11:31 PM
Regiji trudges out of the temple of Inari and heads off to Trog's.

Nevrmore
2006-12-30, 11:34 PM
This is new. Descartes thinks to himself, walking through the streets in a new, freshly-slain host body. Never seen a thrall with wings before. He thinks. Descartes outstretches his host's wings - the wingspan sis nearly 14 feet. You'd think they'd clip these stupid things to keep the meatbags in line. Pfft, oh well. Descartes continues on his way.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 01:13 AM
Regiji steps out of Trog's into the streets. After he walks a fair distance he stops, simply standing in the snow.

"What am I supposed to do?"

He yells up into the sky.

"How am I supposed to mend this?"

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:21 AM
Dios comes outside and goes to the police station.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 01:26 AM
Regiji drops down on his knees in the snow. He knows the Oracle can hear him. He knows the Oracle could respond. And he knows that because They don't that this must be something that he must learn for himself.

"Everything has a purpose," he repeats the words he had been given before. "Everyone I meet and everything I experience here are the machinations of Providence. But... but what could be the purpose in this...?"

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 01:27 AM
Hawk comes outside, searching for Dios. He doesn't find him, but thinks the man kneeling in the snow might be the one he's looking for.

"Erm, excuse me?" He says, walking up to him.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 01:34 AM
"It's strange..." Regiji says. It's hard to tell whether he's responding to Hawk. "Crying seems like the thing to do now. All the pain I feel for my friend and my inability to help. But... I don't think I can. I don't think I'm able to..."

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 01:35 AM
Hawk looks at him. He's confused at his intent, but in the man's grief Hawk can find solice completely.

"So you're just going to sit there crying like a baby?" He says, adjusting his cap. He wonders if the man can even tell he's there.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 01:40 AM
Regiji sighs, then stands.

"No. As I said, I don't think I'm able to. I don't have the answer to this hurt right now. But I know I can find it. If I couldn't find the answer then I never would have been there. I never would have had to... bear this. Providence doesn't work that way. Nothing ever happens for nothing."

He glances at Hawk.

"I've seen you in the tavern. You're an officer, aren't you?"

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 01:44 AM
Hawk looks at the man - a little familiar, but otherwise, he didn't recognize him. He wasn't the man who had walked into the police station, but Hawk could identify with his problem.

"Yeah." He says.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 01:47 AM
He tilts his head to the side a bit.

"Looking for someone, or just out for a stroll in this freezing weather?"

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 01:48 AM
"I was looking for someone, but it's not really important anymore..." Hawk said. He hadn't noticed how cold it was.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 01:52 AM
Regiji nods.

"I suppose, in the same sense, my meeting you isn't an accident either. Even If I don't know the purpose yet," he gives a weak smile. "Name's Regiji."

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 01:53 AM
Hawk accepts the hand, shaking it lightly, "Hawk." He says.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 02:01 AM
If Hawk is sensitive to such things, he immediately feels an aura of un-magic that clings to Regiji. Something pretty odd for such a supernatural Realm.

"I was actually going to head home and change my, eeer, armor. And go out for a bit of a flight around town. Get a chance to think. I haven't done that in far too long."

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:03 AM
((Spuh??? Hawk is a human...I think you're thinking of the winged person Descartes is currently inhabiting))

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 02:08 AM
((No. There was another person with an account named 'Hawk' who had a character named 'Hawk' who was a winged Halfling and also an officer. I had assumed you were an alt >.> The fact that I haven't seen him on since you showed up sorta cemented that. Sorry.))

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:10 AM
((No. There was another person with an account named 'Hawk' who had a character named 'Hawk' who was a winged Halfling and also an officer. I had assumed you were an alt >.> The fact that I haven't seen him on since you showed up sorta cemented that. Sorry.))
((I actually chose this name because he was a military officer. You know, Hawk of war and Dove of peace and all that. I was unaware there was another officer named Hawk.))

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 02:13 AM
((S'ok. My last IC post is edited. I had wondered why "Hawk's" writing style had changed so much... Feel free to make parting comments!))

Regiji waves to his new acquaintance and begins making his way back to the vacant lot near the library.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:13 AM
((What?! The Winged Hawk isn't an officer!))

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:14 AM
((I'm way past confused right now.))

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:16 AM
((I'll bet you are. And I thought Earin and Aerin were bad))

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:21 AM
((Maybe the new sig will resolve any confusion))

EDIT: ((If someone will make the pic of Hawk in the "request an OOTS style avatar" thread then I can use that instead, actually.))

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 02:29 AM
((I could have sworn... Meh. Maybe one of those mercenaries. Doesn’t really matter. Oh well.))

Regiji vanishes at the lot. Any effects that would normally detect teleportation can discern neither where he went or even that he 'teleported' at all. A few minutes later Regiji reappears.

Well, it is still Regiji, but it doesn't look at all like the person who just entered the vacant lot. In all, he's much larger, metal...er, and dragonish. Because I'm lazy I'll just refer you to the character page link in my sig because I'm not about to write out a full description of him again.

He stretches his wings to their full width, a good forty feet or more, then launches himself skyward with a single air ionizing stroke. As normal a shimmering miasma is left in the wake of the transparent golden wing membranes that dissipates after drifting down a few feet.

After leveling out about four hundred feet from the ground he begins wheeling over the Town.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:34 AM
Hawk just witnesses an event that is, admittedly, very alien to him. Unaware that this was the same, unassuming man who had been crying in the snow about his inadequacy, Hawk follows his first instinct: Jumping back and drawing his swords.

"What in all hells are you?!" He asks. The beast, ignoring him, just takes flight. Hawk is...puzzled, to say the least.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-31, 02:44 AM
Gaheris emerged from the slums and up into Town. He had a lot of business to deal with, starting with checking up on Lyrak.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:46 AM
Hawk ((WHOM IS NOT A WINGED HALFLING)) turns from the strange draconian creature and sees Gaheris. He recognized him from the other day.

"Hey, sir!" He called out to him.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 02:48 AM
Regiji had noticed the 'Hawk' fellow's surprise and makes a note to himself that it may be best to exit his Sanctum with his active camouflage, well, active. Or at least make sure no one was snooping around at the time. Of course, at the time isn't the best way to put it since the Sanctum itself sat rather snugly five seconds in the past. In the future? No, that just sounds weird.

On his way up he attempts to do his best to reassure the man of his intentions.

"I told you I was changing my armor. Don't worry, I have no intentions of setting anyone on fire" the voice sounds much like Regiji's in his humanoid body, though it is now deeper, more voluminous, and has a distinct metallic quality to it. 'Armor' certainly describes the creature well. It appears to have plenty of it with a dull silver polish.

As he begins scanning the Streets below he can't help but notice the strange winged man get flung out of Earin's home into the snow...

((And there's Descartes' cue >.>))

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:53 AM
Regiji had noticed the 'Hawk' fellow's surprise and makes a note to himself that it may be best to exit his Sanctum with his active camouflage, well, active. Or at least make sure no one was snooping around at the time. Of course, at the time isn't the best way to put it since the Sanctum itself sat rather snugly five seconds in the past. In the future? No, that just sounds weird.

On his way up he attempts to do his best to reassure the man of his intentions.

"I told you I was changing my armor. Don't worry, I have no intentions of setting anyone on fire" the voice sounds much like Regiji's in his humanoid body, though it is now deeper, more voluminous, and has a distinct metallic quality to it. 'Armor' certainly describes the creature well. It appears to have plenty of it with a dull silver polish.

As he begins scanning the Streets below he can't help but notice the strange winged man get flung out of Earin's home into the snow...

((And there's Descartes' cue >.>))
((This does not bode well for Descartes))

The winged "man" shouted more threats and obscenities at Earin as he walked back inside, ignoring him.

"DAMN YOU, THRALL!!!" He screams.

((To have the luxury of not having both of my characters fighting each other and me getting really mixed up, Hawk doesn't hear him))

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 03:02 AM
"Thrall. I've heard that before." images of a chair tossing man crystallize in Regiji's mind. Yes! Fight thralls! Kill each other! Regiji's smoldering emerald eyes narrow. "It's that obnoxious little head-squid again. Surprised no one has killed the little cretin yet. Hmmph. I still need to repay him for his refurnishing efforts involving the back of my cranium."

Regiji tucks his wings to his sides and dives toward the ground in a blur. Curses are still flowing from the winged 'man's' mouth when the four ton monster slams into the snow, throwing up a cloud of white that sizzles when it strikes his wing membranes. Regiji stands up from his usual hunched position. All eighteen feet tall of him.

"Hi there."

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-31, 03:05 AM
Gaheris turned towards Hawk. "Yes?"

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 03:09 AM
"Thrall. I've heard that before." images of a chair tossing man crystallize in Regiji's mind. Yes! Fight thralls! Kill each other! Regiji's smoldering emerald eyes narrow. "It's that obnoxious little head-squid again. Surprised no one has killed the little cretin yet. Hmmph. I still need to repay him for his refurnishing efforts involving the back of my cranium."Snip
"...Wow." is all Descartes can think of. He can genuinely say he wasn't expecting that.

----------------

Gaheris turned towards Hawk. "Yes?"
"Hello, sir." Hawk says formally, "I was just wondering, were you the man who brought that dead body to the station the other day? The one missing it's brain."

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 03:18 AM
"So you ate another poor passerby's brain, hmm?" if Descartes hasn't made a mess inside his hosts skull yet, he probably will soon, what with Regiji's frightful presence and all. He takes a short step closer, which amounts to about five feet. "And now you're getting yourself tossed out of the business of respectable Townspeople. Pretty lousy luck if you ask me. Maybe if you weren't such a nasty little parasite... Oh wait. I'm sorry. You are a nasty little parasite."

Regiji reaches for the host body with one of those massive taloned hands of his. He moves uncannily quickly, how something so large could be so agile is boggling.

"So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to crack your host's head open like a nut then I'm going to see how far I can toss you, 'kay?"

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 03:25 AM
Descartes looks at the draconian beast. Damn...this thing is astute. He thinks. Too astute to be a robot.

"Before you kill me horrifically and painfully as a much-deserved karmic end to my murderous tendencies..." He begins, "I just want to know if there's a thrall under all that armor or not."

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 03:41 AM
The little slug is trying to get me to monologue for him. Peh. I suppose I'll humor him.

Regiji snatches the host off his feet, his talons digging into him like eagle toes into a bunny.

"If you mean someone with a delectable brain for you to burrow into, yes I suppose so. But I doubt it would be too appetizing what with all the metal and ceramic bits. But to be honest, thrall isn't a very good term for me. No more now than when you hit me in the head with that chair."

He pauses for a moment to let the full meaning of this sink in.

"My body. Both my bodies. Are more constructs than anything else. And they would be no more a puppet to you than a golem if by some miracle you managed to dig through my armor. And even then, my soul would be shunted off to the other."

He tilts his head sideways and glares at the host with one eye. It's bigger than Descartes' entire squiddy body.

"And I must say that such a scenario would upset me greatly. But hey, who said anything about killing you? That isn't my thing. And there are proper channels for taking care of murderous little monsters like you. I was going to see if I could flick you over the horizon, but now I'm considering dropping you off at the station."

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 03:45 AM
"If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't considering eating your brain..." Descartes begins. "I just wanted to know if you had one so I could cast CONFUSION!" A cone of Psionic energy issues forth from Descartes. If it hits the metal monstrosity, the man inside should because disoriented enough to allow the parasite to escape.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 03:57 AM
Alas, there is no man inside. The creature that now has a hold on Descartes' host is a single creature just as Regiji's humanoid body is. The earlier statement about armor had been little more than a euphemism. Telling people you're going home to change your armor is normal. Telling people you're going home to swap out for another body is not.

Truth be told, the psionic energy is swallowed up by Regiji's aura of banality. Proving to be as effective as Magtok's Jedi mind wipe the night before. If only the head slug had been more observant. Or put a few more ranks in psicraft. Or whatever.

Despite this, Regiji decides to play along for the unadulterated hell of it.

He goes slightly slick-jawed and loosens his grip on the winged body, leaving four rather sizable holes in it from his talons. Think of it as new air conditioning.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 04:16 AM
I can't tell if I got him or not. Usuaully I can sense their mind weaken when it hits... Descartes thinks, wriggling out the giant's grip and falling to the ground. He decides to play it safe and takes to the skies, flying as high as he can and trying to escape - hey, the holes actually make him more aerodynamic!

((Well, since you seem to have either logged off, forgotten about this, or whatever, I'm just going to assume that Descartes got away safely.))

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-31, 05:11 AM
"Hello, sir." Hawk says formally, "I was just wondering, were you the man who brought that dead body to the station the other day? The one missing it's brain."
"Yeah, I am," he said as he turned to face Hawk.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 05:19 AM
"Well, none of the other officers seem to have come in today, and I hate it when there's a day with no progress, you know?" Hawk says, but doesn't allow time for response, "I just wanted to know if you've seen anything else like that since then."

((Pffft, of course I already know the answer))

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-31, 05:36 AM
"Actually, yes," he said. "Another man that attacked Stick Omega in Trog's had the back of his skull removed, along with a deer that was found earlier yesterday." Gaheris paused as he realized just how ridiculous the first part of the sentence sounded.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 05:44 AM
Hawk looked at him for a moment. "Err...his brain was removed..before or after the attack?"

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-31, 06:09 AM
"Before. There was something in his head; it exploded out of the body after it was defeated. All I saw was a fast-moving purple blob. I've got no idea what it was."

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 06:12 AM
Hawk looked at him, dubious.

"Purple blob inside someone's head? Strange..."

He thought for a moment before realizing Gaheris was still there, "Thanks for your time, sir. You can go now."

Isacus
2006-12-31, 07:32 AM
Gutbok enters the streets and walks around.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-31, 09:05 AM
Gaheris nodded curtly and left.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 10:34 AM
Hawk enters the tavern, then leaves 20 or so minutes later and heads for the police station.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 11:17 AM
Regiji sits atop the nearest pointy steepled building, looking for all the world like an exquisite statue. Both feet and hands cling to the clay shingles, his tail wound around the spire. Regiji's wings are wrapped around his body, what snow alights on them boiling away on contact with the glowing membranes which apparently serve to keep him aloft.

The snow has built up on his head however and he hasn't been in the state of mind to brush it off. If he notices the cold he doesn't show it as he sits atop his perch, gazing off over the eastern sea. The sun was beginning to rise, and even now cast brilliant crimson light across the dancing waves. Regiji had had a long time to sit in thought. A fortunate thing since he had much to think on.

"Far too long..."

((These are... uuhhh... speed holes. Helps your car go faster.))

Regiji decides it would be best to report what he had found regarding the strange murderous parasite to the police. He still isn't sure why he allowed it to escape. It just seemed like... he couldn't really put words to it. It was just what he was supposed to have done. Regiji's sure it would all be sorted out soon.

He launches himself from his perch, alighting not too far from the station and walking the rest of the way, completely oblivious regarding his current choice of attire.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:19 PM
Kyrian exits the police station and waits for Verdandi.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:20 PM
Verdandi slowly comes out behind Kyrian, entirely uncertain of the situation now.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry...this has to be uncomfortable for you...don't worry, I promise I'm not going to try anything.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:24 PM
The valkyrie nods to Kyrian, uncomfortable at the mere thought.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:27 PM
I just wanted to apologize to you for how I acted last time we talked...I'm sorry for what I did, and like we already said in there, it'd be nice to just be friends.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:29 PM
Verdandi nods to him. I will try, Kyrian.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:32 PM
Thanks. Sorry to keep you from your work.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:33 PM
Its not like we can actually get anything done anyways. Everyone who commits crimes just vanishes.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:34 PM
Well...I think I've really said all I can, else I'm just going to be a broken record.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:36 PM
Verdandi finally gives Kyrian a genuine smile. I need people to tell me things over and over sometimes.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:37 PM
Well, I only want to be your friend. I only want to be your friend, and I only want to be your friend.

Kyrian smiles.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:39 PM
Ok, Kyrian. Verdandi relaxes and ruffles her wings to settle them.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:41 PM
Well, I know I could use a drink after all that. Kyrian gestures towards Trog's. Would you mind if I asked if you'd like to come with?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:44 PM
Do you mind if I end up arresting someone? Verdandi's hand rests naturally on her sword hilt.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:46 PM
Not at all.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:47 PM
Good, because if I go to Trog's, I am sure it will happen. Verdandi shakes her head and starts walking to Trog's Tavern.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:48 PM
Kyrian gives a laugh and follows along.

It's funny because it's true...

Isacus
2006-12-31, 12:49 PM
Gutbok jumps out of the station and runs after them.

Verdandi, just a question. Is Wukei still wanted or are the papers messed up?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:50 PM
I wish it would not work like that, but it is that way it goes. Verdandi shrugs, then looks back to Gutbok. I believe there is still a warrant for her arrest. Check with Godric- Krysta.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:53 PM
Kyrian watches for a moment, and reaches Trog's, opening the door for Verdandi.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:54 PM
Verdandi enters Trog's Tavern.

Isacus
2006-12-31, 12:54 PM
Thanks, bye.

Gutbok runs back.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:55 PM
Kyrian enters that tavern.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 01:09 PM
Hawk leaves the police station and heads into Trog's Tavern.

Hawk exits the tavern after a few minutes.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 01:27 PM
Alena wakes up under blanket of feathers and wings. Where is home? Where is Jovah. I sing and he doesn't respond. She slowly gets up, ruffling her wings into place as she stands. She slowly walks towards the Tavern.

McBish
2006-12-31, 01:59 PM
The hound wakes up and is happy to talk to the weird talking stuff in Regiji's house then he pops out of house and heads into Trog's.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:42 PM
Hawk exits Trog's and heads for GoldShadow Psionics.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 02:43 PM
Aerin steps out of the station and stretches her wings, then jumps into the air She rises nearly 10 feet before needing to open her wings, but she flies up and toward the Cornerstone of Worlds.

Exachix
2006-12-31, 03:17 PM
Exachix enters the network of pathways around the town that are otherwise know as streets, from Inari's temple, he seems moderatly happy as he heads down the street. As he walks he notices somewhere where he probably should have gone into before, and smiles faintly as he enters. The Shop is Goldshadow Psionics Guild. And before he opens the door he ensures his robe is smoothed out smartly.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 03:18 PM
Alena steps out of Trog's and gets a running start before she takes off, flying into the sky. She flies as high as she can and starts to sing every song she knows to try and gain Jovah's attention.

As she sings she thinks, Where is Jovah, where is Cedar Hills, why didn't anyone listen in the tavern, at home they would have listened, they would have .... as her song turns sad, trying to call Jovah to create the smallest cloud so she would know he heard her, but nothing happens.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:29 PM
Aerin descends to the ground and begins to patrol on foot. She heads into the slums.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 03:53 PM
After she sings for hours and her voice finally gives out she comes back down to the streets. She looks around and finds a likely out of the way spot where she curls up, bringing her wings up around her in a gentle cloud of feathers. She casts Sight Eclipsed so that no one will bother her while she cries herself to sleep.

Thriss
2006-12-31, 05:40 PM
Thriss walks along the streets from the docks. He leaps to the roof of a nearby building and looks around to see if he can find Trog's. Something else catches his eye. A sign with a star on it. He jumps off the building, looks around again, and goes inside.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 05:48 PM
Maal comes out of Trog's, in a plane adjacent to the material.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 05:51 PM
Cassandra follows him, looking around as she walks outside.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 05:52 PM
Maal grins.
So what do you think of this place?

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 05:56 PM
Cassandra turns back to the building and tries to run her fingers along the surface. They sink through and she draws them back out. She walks over to Maal and puts her hand in his. It is very odd and slightly disturbing when you can't touch things, but nonetheless interesting.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 05:58 PM
Indeed it-
Maal seems to sense something, then he grabs Cassandra and pulls them both halfway into the wall.
Don't use eldritch right now, or magic, just to be safe.

The Nine
2006-12-31, 05:59 PM
The Cornerstone continues to float ominously above Trog's. A loud rumbling noise sounds from within it.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:00 PM
Cassandra stays silent and watches.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:03 PM
A strange, black being walks through the alternate plane, tendrils of dark energy streaming from it in every direction.

Maal grins widely, then whispers in Cassandra's ear, the sound carrying strangely in the watery landscape.
We're not in danger, but it senses and feeds on magic and eldritch. Nasty things. What do you say we have some fun with it? Just because it feeds off of them doesn't mean it can't be harmed by them...

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:05 PM
Cassandra whispers back, as she watches the strange being.

What will hurt it?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:08 PM
Fire, for the most part. Eldritch works fine. Don't try lightning magics here though... it ends badly. I'm not sure why fire magic isn't affected... but it isn't.
Maal watches as it draws closer. The being turns an indefinite head towards them, as if it can almost sense them.

The Nine
2006-12-31, 06:08 PM
A beam of energy lances from the Cornerstone, so bright it's probably visible even from the other plane. It connects with a rundown and empty building somewhere off the main road, which explodes spectacularily.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:13 PM
Cassandra casts Ray of Flame at the creature to see what will happen.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:18 PM
The creature is distracted by the blaze of magic on the other plane, and gets hit in the back by the spell. It hisses and turns around, its eyes glowing red.
Maal smirks and sends a lance of Eldritch at it, searing off a number of its waving, almost incorporeal tendrils.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:22 PM
Cassandra casts Dragon Breath, specifying a red dragon. She smiles as she moves forward to breathe flames at the creature.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:25 PM
The creature gives a strange, eerie wail as it catches on fire and directs four energy tendrils towards Cassandra. It also sends eight towards Maal. As they come closer, one can feel them sapping magic from the area.
Maal sends another lance of energy which tears through the tentacles reaching for him and stabs through the body of the creature.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:27 PM
Cassandra fires off a bolt of Eldritch at each tentacle.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:30 PM
The tendrils recoil, then snap towards Cassandra just as Maal sends a bolt of darkness at it that strike unnerringly. The being collapses on the ground, its tentacles writhing sporadically, but harmlessly.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:32 PM
Cassandra watches it curiously, What's it called?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:34 PM
It may not have a name.
Maal draws a dagger from his belt pouch and walks to the main part of its body, then seems to focus on his tiny blade.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:38 PM
Cassandra draws closer to watch what he intends to do.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:39 PM
Cassandra suddenly sees his Eldritch blaze into existance around the dagger, and he kneels and stabs the creature in the back.
It wasn't dead. I had used that sleeping spell I had told you about on it.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:41 PM
Cassandra kneels next to him and reaches out to touch the creature.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:44 PM
Its oddly... inky feeling. Not quite solid, slick, and from what Cassandra can tell, filled with magic in its essence.
Maal grins at it.
I'm not sure what we'll do, but I know we can find a use for it.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:46 PM
Cassandra tries to turn it over so she can see it's front.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:49 PM
Maal sees what she is doing and takes the other side and helps her flip it over.
Its about the height of a man, and has about the same shape. However, it is indistinct in form, and its face is entirely featureless.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:50 PM
almost to herself she says, Fascinating, how does it see? breathe?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:53 PM
I believe that it is almost entirely wrought out of magic, so that it sees all magical auras. I'm not sure it needs to breathe.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 06:55 PM
What's inside of it?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 06:57 PM
Maal flips his dagger, catches it carefully by the blade, and holds it out to Cassandra.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-31, 06:59 PM
SASO heads out of Trog's and to the police station.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:00 PM
Cassandra smiles and takes the dagger. In a careful and methodical manner she slices the creature down the front, enough so she can peel away the upper layer of skin.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:04 PM
Interestingly, Cassandra can see its made out of the same substance all the way through. However, when she slices through it a few whisps of what seem to be pure magic brush past her.
Should one of these whisps touch her, she would feel invigorated and might even notice that she had more magic to use and cast than normal.

Maal looks around the alternate, shadowy plane, wondering if something else would show up.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:06 PM
Cassandra cuts further into it and lets the wisps touch her as they go by her. She mentally catalogs it all to write down later.

Isacus
2006-12-31, 07:08 PM
Gutbok enters the streets and waits for Hawk.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 07:09 PM
Hawk joins him shortly after, "What is a usual place of high crime and squalor?" He asks, planting his booted feet in the snow.

Isacus
2006-12-31, 07:11 PM
If you ask me, the slums. Or Trogs, but I hear it's preety empty tonight.

((If I recall correctly, your "brainslug-thingie" is hanging there, we just might "bump" into it. :) ))

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:12 PM
It is simply black, solidified magic. As she cuts deeper more and more whisps of magic begin streaming out.
Maal watches her, a smile on his face.

The Nine
2006-12-31, 07:13 PM
The Cornerstone rumbles again. A beam of white energy lances from it towards an empty building. There happens to be an empty building in front of Hawk and Gutbok. Well, it used to be there... Shrapnel is thrown everywhere as the building explodes spectacularily.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 07:14 PM
If you ask me, the slums. Or Trogs, but I hear it's preety empty tonight.

((If I recall correctly, your "brainslug-thingie" is hanging there, we just might "bump" into it. :) ))
((I have to leave for a new year's party. Thought I still had an hour left, but didn't...))

Hawk sighs, "This isn't right. I should be inside working on our case. Sorry, Gutbok. Some other time." He heads back inside.

Isacus
2006-12-31, 07:14 PM
((Looks like I'm alone on this one... Anyone can feel free to pop in, I guess.))

Gutbok jumps behind some cover.

What in the name of banjo?!

He puts himself together and quickly pulls some police-tape from his bag and starts putting it around the destroyed building.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 07:16 PM
((Damn you Nine, DOING SOMETHING WHEN I LEAVE ><))

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:16 PM
Cassandra sits back on her heels. It does seem to be made of magic, it is all the same inside. Quite interesting and it has an added bonus of adding to my magic when the wisps touch me.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:17 PM
I know.
Maal's eyes shimmer and gleam almost triumphantly.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:17 PM
Alena starts awake as the building explodes. She quickly stands and tries to determine what happened.

The Nine
2006-12-31, 07:18 PM
((Well I didn't know you were about to leave))
Another beam of energy lances from the Cornerstone. A distant *BOOM* is enough to tell that another building is nothing but rubble.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:18 PM
Cassandra looks at him curiously, Have you killed one before?

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:19 PM
She quickly starts to move away from the explosion, she gets a running start and takes off, looking for a safer place.

Isacus
2006-12-31, 07:19 PM
Gutbok drops the tape((See edited post)) and runs for the station.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:21 PM
Maal nods to Cassandram then notes the echo of the magical beam on their plane.
What is doing that?

The Nine
2006-12-31, 07:21 PM
*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* Three more buildings are reduced to their component pieces and then some by furthur energy blasts.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:23 PM
Doing what?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 07:24 PM
Aerin sees the the Cornerstone firing its beams and takes to the air.

Isacus
2006-12-31, 07:25 PM
Gutbok reenters the street, running to the nearest rubble-site.

What the hell am I supoast to do now?!

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:25 PM
Alena notices Aerin and flies over to her and tries to get her attention. What is that thing? Why is it blowing up buildings?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:26 PM
Maal points out another of the blasts when it happens again.

Isacus
2006-12-31, 07:26 PM
Winged lady! I could use a lift!

Gutbok yells after Aerin.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:28 PM
How interesting, can it hurt us here?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 07:28 PM
I don't know what or why, but it has obviously got to be stopped. Aerin looks at Gutbok, and her hand twitches in the direction of her sword before she notices the badge. Go back inside. Iames should be able to teleport you in.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:29 PM
Probably. It looks like it is targeting buildings though.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:30 PM
Is there anywhere safe from it? as Alena watches it with worried eyes. It keeps blowing up buildings.

Lord Magtok
SASO rushes out of the police station, leaps into the air, activates his ability to fly, and his energy blades, and heads to the Cornerstone.

It won't be long now, Magtok.

wxdruid
We'd better stay away from it then.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:32 PM
Yes. We could go into Trog's.

Isacus
2006-12-31, 07:34 PM
((Sorry, but I got back to the station and Iames can handle it. ))

wxdruid
Yes, let's, Cassandra stands and hands Maal back his knife.

The Nine
*BOOM* One of the buildings immediately below Aerin explodes.

Lord Iames Osari
Aerin darts away from the flying debris. Trog's would be safe. It's indestructible. Aerin looks at her. I'm going to go try to stop it. You can come along if you want, or you can go to safety.

DarkSetzer
2006-12-31, 07:35 PM
After hearing the blasts the winged Kethemar came flying back towards town from the open ocean as fast as he could in order to learn more of what was happening. He lands and looks up at the lumbering mass that is the conerstone. He sighs and looks around, "Guess I should get up there and see what this is all about."

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:37 PM
Alena backwings as the building explodes, she makes up her mind. I'll come with you, see what I can do. She casts Umbral Body and turns incorporeal, Where to?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:41 PM
Maal picks up the dead creature and slings it over his shoulder, sticks his dagger in his belt, then goes quickly to Trog's tavern.

Lord Iames Osari
Aerin bares her teeth. To the source. She draws her sword and points it at the Cornerstone of Worlds, then begins winging her way toward it.

wxdruid
Alena follows her

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:42 PM
Cassandra quickly follows him.

Thriss
2006-12-31, 07:48 PM
Thriss drops to the ground outside Goldshadow Psionics and heads for Trog's. He goes inside once he reaches it.

DarkSetzer
2006-12-31, 07:55 PM
Kethemar stands for a moment, thinking. He spreads his wigns and takes flight towards the conerstone.

The Nine
2006-12-31, 08:08 PM
Three men appear in the streets just below the Cornerstone in a flash of purple light. Darkness surrounds them, and the blends into a nearby alleyway. They go with it, no longer visible even with magically augmented sight.

((For any interested parties the Three men are Conjuration, Illusion and Transmutation. See my sig for avatars))

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 11:02 PM
A man in crimson armor, with a matching mask and white hair appears in the streets. His eyes glow a fierce, burning blue.
((See new avatar. ^.^))
He gives a piercing gaze around the area.
Oracle, which path?
That way, in the alley.
The crimson clad man stalks into the narrow alley where the three of the nine went.

The Nine
2006-12-31, 11:06 PM
The three are now returning in the same direction. Hello. You seem to be blocking the way.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 11:08 PM
Indeed I am. Where do you travel, and for what purpose?
The man settles his burning gaze on them.

The Nine
2006-12-31, 11:15 PM
We intend to go back to the Cornerstone. Our purpose involves returning home after a trip into town.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 11:18 PM
Behind his steel, crimson mask, the man scowls.
Collective? What do we know of a place called Cornerstone?
I am afraid we have gathered no relevant information on this subject.
Oracle?
Let them pass.
The man nods.
You may pass.
He stands to one side.

The Nine
2006-12-31, 11:27 PM
Thank you. Conjuration suddenly frowns and removes a mirror from his pocket. I think we should hurry. The other two nod and hurry past the masked and armoured man.