PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] A small expansion for the Incarnate: Neutrality

Kazyan
2013-10-02, 02:29 PM
INCARNATE EXPANSION: NEUTRALITY
On rare occasions, an incarnum-user will be devoted to neutrality in the same way that the Rilmani are--dedicated to balance as its own force, situated between the other alignments. Balance between all things has few champions indeed, but the Neutrality Incarnate is one of them.

A Neutrality Incarnate has the True Neutral alignment. This affects the following soulmelds as listed:

Planar Chausible: The energy resistance becomes Sonic Resistance.
Incarnate Avatar: The incarnate avatar takes the appearance of a rilmani. For every point of essentia invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus on trip, disarm, sunder, overrun, and bull rush attempts. When bound to your soul chakra, you gain the benefits of the mind blank spell, with a caster level equal to your meldshaper level.
Incarnate Weapon: Your incarnate weapon is a quarterstaff.

Add the following line to the Incarnum Radiance class feature:

Neutral: A violet field of light radiates from you. You gain a +1 bonus to trip, disarm, sunder, overrun, and bull rush attempts; This bonus improves by 1 for every five levels gained (+2 at 5th level, +3 at 10th, +4 at 15th, and +5 at 20th level).

For a Neutrality Incarnate, detect opposition detects the extreme alignments: CG, LG, CE, and LE. No distinction between them is made if multiple alignments are detected at once.

A Neutrality Incarnate's aura corresponds to neutrality. On the chance of a detect neutrality homebrew spell, Neutrality Incarnates show up on it, but not any of the conventional alignment detectors.

A Neutrality Incarnate gains the [Neutral] subtype. This works like other alignment subtypes, and the Neutrality Incarnate's natural weapons bypass damage reduction as if they were neutral-aligned, in the case of a homebrew source of damage reduction bypassed by neutral weapons.

Zaydos
2013-10-02, 02:38 PM
Neat. I like the idea. Going to make any Neutral soulmelds to go with it?

Kazyan
2013-10-02, 02:41 PM
Neat. I like the idea. Going to make any Neutral soulmelds to go with it?

Well, the Incarnate doesn't really get soulmelds specific to their alignment, just single soulmelds with different effects. Like, there's the Lammasu Mantle and Necrocarnum stuff for Good and Evil, but no Law or Chaos melds. But I have time on my hands for scope creep, so, maybe.

Just to Browse
2013-10-02, 03:13 PM
http://yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.com/yes.jpg

Good idea. I would indeed recommend 1-2 soulmelds for neutrality on the G-N-E axis. Incarnates needed this, and 'balance' is a great concept to dedicate to it.