PDA

View Full Version : Items that grant feats

CyberThread
2013-10-02, 02:49 PM
So we covered this allot am sure, but if wanted to use feats on items, we have no price guide on such things, and becomes a DM fiat?

Clistenes
2013-10-02, 03:26 PM
It was suggested that such an item should cost 10,000 gp plus 5,000 gp per prerequisite of the feat it grants, but the DM always has the last word.

I'm fond of those items myself...There are so many great feats, and a character can only pick a few...:smallfrown:

Ezekiul
2013-10-02, 03:50 PM
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871950/Items_that_Grant_Feats
Something I have bookmarked

DarkSonic1337
2013-10-02, 04:00 PM
While on this topic, I have a houserule I want opinions on.

If you buy an item that grants a feat (such as Serpent Armor, which grants combat reflexes), but you already have said feat, you instead gain the benefits of another feat for which you meet the prereqs.

This feat once chosen is set (taking the item off and putting it back on will grant the same feat. So no floating feat business), and any item that has the same effect (such as another suit of Serpent Armor, or a custom item that grants combat reflexes) would grant the same feat that you've set.

Reasonable?

Ansem
2013-10-02, 05:35 PM
Ring of Archery basically gives weapon proficiency with all bows.
I think that counts?

unseenmage
2013-10-02, 05:54 PM
It was suggested that such an item should cost 10,000 gp plus 5,000 gp per prerequisite of the feat it grants, but the DM always have the last word.

I'm fond of those items myself...There are so many great feats, and a character can only pick a few...:smallfrown:

This, and it's considered overpriced except when you use it for Item Familiar, Leadership, Landlord, or any other feat that's already overpowered out of the box.

It should be noted that that same sidebar explains that feats which grant numerical or combat bonuses that are already covered by the Custom Magic Item rules should instead use those rules.