PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Enchanting a Quarterstaff

Hunter Noventa
2013-10-02, 02:58 PM
So in an upcoming campaign I plan to play a Staff Magus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/staff-magus) (who is also a Hexcrafter but that's les simportant for this argument).

Given how tight a Magus is for feats, I won't be taking much advantage of the fact that the Quarterstaff is a double weapon.

But it still has a second end to enchant, so what are some useful enchantments that could go there? Defending seems like an obvious choice, unless that only applies when actually wielding the weapon as a double weapon.

Which is a good question in and of itself, how do the enchantments on the second head of a double weapon apply if you're using it as a two-handed (or in the case of a Staff Magus, a one-handed weapon). If you have to be 'wielding' the weapon (as in using TWF) the only thing of any use would be Spell Storing that I can see.

stack
2013-10-02, 03:26 PM
Definitely spell storing, as you said. More intensified shocking grasps!

On the high end you could put on brilliant energy or something else that is useful but you don't want all the time, but you can get that kind of thing with your ability to enhance weapons anyhow, so...yeah. Only when you have too much cash.