PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Looking for a Snow Adventure

genesaika
2013-10-02, 03:17 PM
Ok so I'm looking at DMing a quick game this weekend for two of my normal players and wanted to do a snow themed adventure. This could be a one off thing or a side campaign to run with extra people or when our normal group isnt available.

I thought about running the Shades of Ice arc in PFS, but didn't realize that the experience system was different then the standard. If its possible to run these with the standard rules that would be nice. I've also thought about the Reign of Winter path, but I'm not sure if a path would work too well for my purposes.

Anyone know of a good alternative or option? I really liked the idea of the PFS adventures because it made my idea of a bunch of, basically, one off games work ok, but the experience change and level cap really don't sound appealing to me.

Thanks for any help.

EvilAvocado
2013-10-02, 04:03 PM
Part of the Jade Regent Campaign path has you traversing the (North?) pole.

However that's part of an entire campaign, you could prob refluff things to make it a one off crossing though.

genesaika
2013-10-02, 07:26 PM
Ya I did see that, but if I was going to use a path I'd just do Reign of Winter

Arutema
2013-10-02, 10:50 PM
"Shades of Ice" is a bad one to run stand-alone, as it's tied in to the season 2 metaplot for PFS, plus the aforementioned XP changes.

Stealing individual bits of Reign of Winter might work best.

What level range are you looking for here, BTW?

Bhaakon
2013-10-02, 11:13 PM
Do you care about level? I know there's a module called The Witchwar Legacy mentioned in the first Reign of Winter campaign book as a sort of stand-alone prologue for the AP, but it's for very high levels.

genesaika
2013-10-02, 11:53 PM
I would like to start them off at level 2 running a level 1 module, since it will only be the 2 players at first. I am open to starting at a higher level, nothing over 10 though.