PDA

View Full Version : Rising Titans IC

Batpope Scott
2013-10-02, 04:32 PM
Titan's Fall sucked. That's the mildest I can put it and for the little things that's pretty harsh; my point being that life's gone like birds in the winter: South. To put things in perspective, the crime rate has been hanging in the clouds and our hometown heroes are getting arrested more than actual criminals. The police are jumpy and 'death by cop' is competing with 'shanked by mugger' for the top reasons I've found not to go outdoors.

I don't know if any of you readers out there know this, but I live in the city of heroes. This is where the biggest group of vigilante supers hung out and met up for grand heroics. Their fortress was three blocks from my house until it was leveled last Tuesday.

The city I live in, Jerisford, is a relative metropolis in one of the dark ages of the nation and the world and, frankly, it's probably going to be the lighthouse that gets it's fire first. Let's hope so, since I haven't slept lately.

-Cipher
Act 1, "You've gotta be kidding me."

September 29th, 7:23 PM

The cool air in Jerisford nips at uncovered noses as what few people brave enough to come out this late do their business. Walking down the road isn't the most dangerous thing, but if you're playing it safe you don't want to be out much later than this; the night isn't comforting to any but the most protected.

Tonight isn't going well for you. The anonymous tipster deal was pretty sweet, but there was danger you weren't aware of. A letter, blank envelope and lack of postage stamps included, was left on your doorstep this morning.

I consider myself a bird-watcher, Miss Snitch, and you're a frightfully interesting golden canary that's been free a little too long; with a face like yours my supervisor would provide a beautiful gilded cage for you. The Kingpin in the Underground thinks he knows all in his domain but I've got a tidbit he hasn't heard yet regarding your exploits. Meet me in the park by 7:30PM on the dime if you'd like it to stay that way.

Yours truly, Bishop

This isn't a laughing matter anymore.

You sit on the bench in the park, frustrated for trying to look for anyone that might be your target; the park happens to be empty. Almost devoid of life. Your internal grumbling is halted by your hair standing on end in response to a presence that's almost palpable. You catch the eyes of your antagonist as you whip around and he smiles chillingly as he stands next to a broad oak. Dressed in suit, tie, glasses and bowler, he looks like a gentleman from the 1920's more than the modern thug you've come to expect. He tips his bowler hat to you in a show of greeting and states, in a soft voice, "You're early, Aria. I like that."
The walk in the fresh air is helping to clear your head of the troubles at home but there's something bothering you that you just can't shake. It's nothing solid, but you feel like something's off as you stroll. Maybe a quick route through the park would help? The flower garden around the J. Roark memorial fountain has been strangely soothing since your 'development'.
You've been doing patrols of late to compensate for a recent jump in hoodlums roughing up tourists and older folks. Most of them are just kids in their teens but someone's been handing them conviction along with the usual switch-knives and bats. You've heard of shootings, but so far haven't seen any with anything more dangerous than a Louisville Slugger.

As you cruise down fifth street in your truck, you hear what sounds like the report of a handgun. Getting the truck in gear, you round the corner and see three of the local thugs in red, Underground, standing over a hunched figure on the sidewalk.
You've been having some trouble settling down tonight and the looming armor is only making your troubles worse. The suit had a malfunction yesterday with it's power source abruptly failing mid-test and the thought that it could have been flying rebounds in your head. You're fairly certain you've fixed the issue but one last test couldn't hurt.

As you set the suit up for another stress test, a crack of thunder sounds through your basement. Except it isn't thunder. It sounds like a gun going off and it came from close enough that you're worried it might be from your lawn.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-02, 04:57 PM
Lily walked along, trying to get her head in order. The past couple of days had been fun, exciting...happy, in a way that she hadn't really been able to use in years now. Tonight...it was just irksome is what it was. She hadn't been the youngest kid who needed to be protected and told what to do in years now. And it really kinda rankled that the implicit assumption was that her parents' friends were somehow more trustworthy than her own.

'Course, that wasn't the real problem, was it? The real problem was that her call with Erica had kinda proved them right.

Still, the walk was good. It did kind of amuse her that as little as a week ago, she would simply not have been out this late. Still probably shouldn't have, but whatever. Not like she couldn't take care of herself, right? What she really wanted to do was fly, not walk, but eh, she wasn't feeling quite that rebellious. Yet.

Every plant she saw (really, smelled, and typically well before she saw them...some inane part of her almost wanted to try taking this walk with her eyes closed) kinda catalogued itself in her mind. It was weird. Normally she'd have given herself credit for being able to tell a pine tree from an oak tree.

She was moving kinda half-subconsciously in the direction of the park. That seemed like a good place to go, and was a decent enough walk.

She kept waiting for her legs to start getting tired. They didn't. That was awesome.

sun_tzu
2013-10-02, 07:07 PM
Well, the boson device works, as does the protection field...This battlesuit might not THE most powerful personal weapon in History, but it's definitely up there. Still, I need to test the-

Clifford's reflections were interrupted by the sound of gunshot.

That...was close. Should I run out? Should I go in armor? What if it's nothing? Quickly, he glanced out the window.

((Is Clifford currently wearing the armor? I assume it can be put on in a matter of seconds, but...))

CumCaritas
2013-10-03, 02:29 AM
Aria had just spent the vast majority of the day wondering about this meeting. Yeah, turning on her rivals like this wasn't exactly on par with the whole 'honor among thieves' thing, but then, she knew that there was in fact, little honor among thieves.

Especially in a town like this, where the number of thieves greatly outnumbered the number of straights.

Aria arrived at the meeting early, her coat bundled closely against the evening chill. She took a few minutes to case the location, looking for anything that could be a trap. But, since she figured that this Bishop fellow her well enough to leave a message at her fricken door that if this was a setup, she didn't really have much choice. And then, he was there. Looking... dapper? Did anyone really go out trying to look dapper anymore?

"You're early, Aria. I like that."

"Well, your letter was very persuasive. And I do like to get new relationships off on the right foot."

Batpope Scott
2013-10-05, 04:06 PM
"I keep a similar theory, which is why I'm here instead of at the King's ear." He walks towards you and gestures to the bench you were sitting on. "May I?"

The suit is ready to go. You could be out there now if you wanted to be.

Looking out the window you see three thugs in red shirts standing over the hunched form of a man you can't recognize thanks to the dim light. You're certain that he's clutching his side, however.

You're only about a minute from the park when you smell the familiar fragrance of the memorial garden, but you wouldn't be the only one there, it seems, as you smell a... no, you smell two, people near the garden. After a moment you recognize one as a woman and another as a man wearing a rather expensive cologne you remember from a recent trip to the mall.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-05, 04:45 PM
Lily made her way into the garden, somewhat surprised that there were other people out this late, but whatever. She looked around and the plants and flowers. Some kinda inane part of her wanted to, like, change all the flowers' colors for a moment or something. She shook the idea off.

Maybe one day when there isn't anyone around, she thought with an amused twitch of her lips.

sun_tzu
2013-10-05, 05:04 PM
Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap!
Clifford stared, bug-eyed, at the happenings outside. They'll kill that guy! Someone has to...Wait, I'm already in armor. This thing could tank cannon shells. I can stop them right now!
Wait. If people see me exit the house in armor, they'll know Techno-Paladin some guy in a battlesuit lives here. Bad for the secret ID thing.
But...if everyone is staring at the commotion right now...and if I move fast enough...it should be impossible for anyone to tell I came from this house SOME GUY IS GETTING SHOT AT WHY AM I STILL HERE?!

A bit under a second to open the window. A bit under another second to move to the back end of the room, flying in the horizontal position.
And then, the directional boson drive kicked into action.
The Techno-Paladin armor could, theoretically, achieve mach 1 without too much trouble. Of course, there was such a thing as acceleration, and the distance between the far end of the room and the window wasn't enough for him to reach peek speed by the time he was out. Even so, it was at a very high velocity that Techno-Paladin flew toward the possibly-injured man, trying to position himself between him and the three red-shirted men.

OK, Cliff, you're here. Now, try acting like you know what you're doing. To take control of a situation, it's important to appear in control.
Forcing himself to smile, elbows out and fists on his hips, he glanced at the downed man to try and evaluate his status before addressing the aggressors. "Hello, gentlemen. What seems to be the situation?"

CumCaritas
2013-10-05, 09:41 PM
Of course. Aria motions to the end of the bench. After Bishop has seated himself, Aria goes on.

I must confess to a bit of curiosity. I was expecting something a bit more... Confrontational.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-06, 05:52 PM
Your shift is ending early today thanks to finishing your work quickly and you were about to leave when your desk phone rang. You were off the clock, but it couldn't hurt to see what whoever it was wanted. A husky voice crept through the line. "I see you're doing well for yourself, Rage. Accountant, right? Look I'm just gonna cut to the chase since we both know that's my favorite part. I, Dark Hound, am going to butcher someone tonight. A little girl you don't know who is currently enjoying the scenery in Roark Park. Might want to hurry. Tick tock, tick tock."

You remember Dark Hound, but this man sounds nothing like him. The old Dark Hound was a villain who went down with Titan's Fall; the powerlessness apparently drove him mad when he was sent to prison. You've never fought him, but you had the chance to meet him once in your old city while he was in one of his many stints in jail. The conversation was brief but he hadn't gone mad yet and didn't seem the type to do crime for the fun of it. He worked for profit and everything else was just business.

It doesn't take you long to reach the park, your work only a mile away, and your senses don't see anyone matching Dark Hounds description but you see three people near the J. Roark memorial fountain. One, by herself, seems to be there for the flowers around the fountain and the two others, a blonde woman and a man sporting an old suit, tie and bowler cap seem to be conversing on a bench.

I don't know if you want to stop and change into your costume or if you're going on foot, by car, or flying but I assumed you flew and are staying a considerable distance from the people in the park so as not to be spotted. If I shouldn't assume these things, let me know by stating that you did otherwise in your post.

He leans ever so slightly closer as he says "That can change if you'd prefer it that way." He smiles coyly as he backs off a bit and your eyes are drawn to his long canine teeth. They're not supernaturally long, but they combine with his angular features and cold eyes to give him a sinister and predatory look. His gaze doesn't stray where it shouldn't be unlike most men you come across, indicating either control or disinterest, but he generally looks at you with a hunger that sets you on edge. His next comment is almost quiet enough to be a whisper. "To be honest, I need your help with something of a private nature. It will require some of your... underused skills."

You see a woman that seems to be looking at the flowers not too far off on the other side of the fountain. Bishop hasn't noticed or doesn't care to acknowledge her presence yet.

The pair on the other side of the fountain is talking calmly and you were trying not to listen in out of habitual polite behavior, but that changed a bit once the woman started to reek of pheromones that cried out 'Save me!'. You can smell her fear, very clearly, but the man doesn't seem to be doing anything bad; his hands are kept to himself and he's respecting her space. If anything you'd think they were enjoying each other's company if it wasn't for your heightened olfactory senses.

His comments are hard to hear, but you can catch some of what he's saying. "That can change if you prefer it that way..... something... private... your underused skills."

The thugs jump back, two even losing their footing in surprise. The lead man with the gun reacts like a trained soldier and his pistol snaps up and you flinch unconsciously from the bullets impacting your faceplate. He was shooting to kill and if you had been as unarmored there as you looked, he'd have succeeded. Upon seeing you standing, the man dashes away down the street while his friends are still trying to stand.

Your quick glance to the older man shows that he's cradling his side and blood has been pooling on the ground below him. He won't last much longer like this.

LordChaos13
2013-10-06, 06:11 PM
OOC: I'm not changing into the old uniform, I'm flying simply because its easier and I have a lifetime experience using it as opposed to public transport. Also Rage doesn't have a car, he uses public transport when he can't figure a way to fly

IC: Observing from the nearest rooftop, glancing warily at the elongated shadows near him
'No, they aren't on this planet. Focus Detruma, this 'Hound' needs full attention.' Rage thinks eyes sweeping everywhere seeing up into Ultravision looking for anything out of the ordinary

Insight rolls on all 3
[roll0] -Aria
[roll1] -Bishop
[roll2] -Lily

Watching the three in sight warily. The new Hound sounded male but anything can be done with technology, or even shapeshifting.
His legs tensed to kick off from the building, granted enough forward velocity for his flight to hit optimal speed quick enough to do whatever is needed but not enough backward force to crack the tile.
Normally weightless, the pressure he exerts on the roof weighing him in at roughly 50kg of faux-weight

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-06, 06:23 PM
Lily's face scrunched up some at the smell. That was...unpleasant. That part of her brain that kept telling her what plant was what was screaming at her that the woman was terrified. But of what? Was the guy threatening her? What little she did hear didn't make her particularly comfortable, but this guy was hardly brandishing a weapon. And she wasn't in...anything resembling a costume either. She had to play smart.

It brought to her mind an argument David and Rachel had had, back before the Fall.

A lack of information is no excuse for a lack of action.

But neither will it excuse an action poorly chosen. When in doubt, act to learn about the situation.

Maybe, but act first to remove the threat.

...Right then.

"Hey! Are you coming! We're gonna be late!" she called over to the woman. Her own scent, projected as subconsciously as it was detected, was fairly close to that of the woman. For her, it would hopefully encourage feelings of safety and trust. For the man, it was an indication that she had an ally. A warning, perhaps, not to push matters.

Flowers and Pheromones active. Routine Check on Persuasion and Deception to, well, basically give the woman an out that the guy hopefully won't question. Total result on both checks would be 20, 25 if Attractive bonus applies.

While I'm at it, Insight check on the guy, see if I can get a read on what he's feeling/trying: [roll0], although might be circumstance penalties or something for the strong cologne.

sun_tzu
2013-10-06, 07:55 PM
((The armor doesn't actually have a faceplate - it uses a holographic helm instead to change the appearance of Clifford's face. And since the protection the armor provides comes not from metal plates, but rather from the protective field it generates, this gives the illusion that his head is exposed and unprotected. ;) ))

Clifford...that is, Techno-Paladin blinked. OK. OK. I knew this thing was bulletproof, but I wasn't in THIS much of a hurry to put that to the test!
Quickly, he glanced around. Murderers are running. Victim is dying. I could stop them easily. But this guy needs urgent medical care. Can I do both?
...Get real, Clifford. You're not good enough to take risks with a guy whose losing blood this fast. Protect the factual innocent who's here first, THEN worry about the hypothetical innocents who might get hurt by escaping baddies.

He hovered toward the injured man. He had learned basic first aid back in high school, and read some literature on field injuries after deciding to embark on this rather dangerous new career...but still, it was a bullet wound, and he had no medical equipment on his person. Definitely something to improve when I upgrade the armor. Still, I should stop the blood loss before I try to get him to the hospital...
So. Improvisation, then. He placed the man in a position that ensured good blood flow to the brain. He easily ripped parts of his bands to make bandages, designed to stop the blood loss. And he tried to keep the guy conscious and optimistic - such factors mattered, supposedly. "Hello sir, wish we were meeting under better circumstances. Don't worry, I will be doing whatever it takes to pull you out of this." He wished he was as confident as he was trying to sound...hopefully, his smile was reassuring.

((Using the Treatment Skill to stabilize the guy. At -5 due to lack of tools, His total bonus is +4 - meaning that I need to roll 11 or more to get the requisite 15. [roll0]))

CumCaritas
2013-10-07, 03:33 AM
Ah, not what I would like, no.

Listening to him speak of needing her help, Aria looks away from Bishop's teeth just long enough to see a woman not far off.

Underused, huh? Well, I suppose I would be willing to enter an arrangement with you, though I would need some assurances that my career choices will remain anonymous.

Making a Perception check against the woman looking at flowers. [roll0]
Also an Insight roll for Bishop. [roll1]

And I am sorry that my posting is so off, its just that I am in bed when the new posts have gone up. Hope that doesn't bother folks too bad.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-08, 12:01 PM
Your successful ministrations stop the bleeding but he has fallen unconscious from the pain. You think he'll be alright, but he should get to a hospital soon.

You are a little surprised as the woman calls out to you, asking "Hey! Are you coming! We're gonna be late!". The girl seems friendly and you're not sure why but you feel like she's there to help you.

The only man in the group smiles as Lily calls out and, in mock surprise, states "Oh, I apologize. You had somewhere you had to be?"

The man clearly feels he has the upper hand, from his constant grin, but what you can see otherwise is that one of the women is calling out to the one on the bench all of a sudden. Likely in some attempt to save her from the conversation.

Though your eyes see nothing strange about the three, you do perceive what you came for. He's invisible, at least to normal people, and dressed in leathers. His leather jacket, jeans and leather boots make him look like a biker but his claws and sharpened teeth make him look like an enemy. He's slowly stalking after the group in the park.

sun_tzu
2013-10-08, 12:35 PM
The bleeding was mostly over. Good. I think I was more lucky than good here. I really need to include a toolset in the 1.1 armor.

Techno-Paladin held the injured man in his arms, and took to the air. Briefly, he wondered whether he could tag the mooks on the way to the hospital, before dismissing the notion; too risky while handling a badly injured victim.

A hundred feet in the air. Two hundred. Three hundred. High enough that he could fly to the nearest hospital in a quasi-straight line without running into any buildings. And memorizing the locations of every major hospital in town had been item #16 on his to-do list while prepping for a superhero career.

Acceleration. No time to waste. He wasn't going to go play with mach 1 while carrying this guy - how fast could you go before it became dangerous anyway? - but he figured a couple miles per minute would still be safe.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-08, 12:41 PM
Lily just painted an impatient look on her face, though the foot-tapping, to be honest, was more from anxiousness. Something about this just seemed...off. Come on, play along, she thought.

CumCaritas
2013-10-08, 12:56 PM
Aria is dumbfounded. This woman really is calling out to her. How to handle this? How to handle this...

She holds a hand up to the woman, a very clear sign for 'Wait a second.'

She turns back to Bishop.

Your assurance?

After Bishops response, she stands up. Her tone remains neutral and businesslike, though the tone increases, just a bit.

Very well. You can send the details over to my office. I look forward to working with you. If you'll excuse me, I wasn't expecting my friend to arrive so early.

She then walks over to the new woman. With a small smile on her face, she addresses her, sweeping an arm out in front of her, indicating the opposite direction.

My car is out the other way. Shall we?

When Lily turns to follow her, Aria drops her voice to a low murmur.

I just told you a joke. Don't look back, just act like we're old friends.

LordChaos13
2013-10-08, 03:10 PM
OOC: We are supposed to look at each other's spoilers right? You mentioned it was purely for space-conservation or something in the OOC after all

Seeing the stalking Hound in Ultraviolet Rage grins. No-one ever thinks to hide up past the 'normal' range of vision Humans possess
Remaining on the roof, still coiled to spring. Death threats weren't really arrest-able offences like Attempted assault or attempted murder.

Still the second he looks like he is going to attack Rage will be there. 4 miles/6 seconds is fast enough
OOC: I'm going to Interpose if he attacks. it's a Reaction and I become the target of the attack.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-09, 04:54 PM
I'm rolling Group Initiative here.
Group [roll0]
Enemies [roll1]
This does include Clifford if he manages to end up in the park but the cop isn't trying to shoot him yet

The sounds that rush your ears seem both incredibly random and shocking. A sound of metal scraping, then a whoosh of air and a low hiss. Looking to see, there stands a large dark skinned man standing in-between a very shocked looking Bishop and a wiry dark-haired man whose teeth have been filed into points; his most intimidating feature being the clawed fingers he's stabbed the large man with. The air is rife with the smell of blood, and not all of it recent.

There are luckily EMTs near the front entrance who take the wounded man from you. Unfortunately, there is also an officer of the law standing outside who begins walking towards you with a hand on his pistol holster.

You intercepted the strike as it came in a stab towards the back of the man's head. The stunned onlookers have noticed your presence and that of your now visible foe's but something is off. You meant to parry the strike, but he slipped past your defenses. Your opponent isn't holding back and he certainly isn't human. The wound stings, but it doesn't hinder your awareness enough to avoid noticing that more of these non-human attackers are in the park.
Rage has a -1 penalty to further toughness checks, thanks to taking damage.

sun_tzu
2013-10-09, 05:14 PM
Clifford hesitated. It would be fairly easy to leave before the police officer could do anything. Might make things easier, at least for a while. But on the other hand...he needed to tell the police what happened with the shooters, at least. And it wasn't like the guy had any way of directly harming him.

As such, Techno-Paladin put on the cheesy smile again, and approached the policeman, hovering a couple inches above the ground. "Greetings, officer. I hope that man will pull through. I came across him being attacked by a trio of thugs," he quickly said, appending the location of the incident. Let a police investigation sort this out.

LordChaos13
2013-10-09, 05:19 PM
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage Don't mind this I'm insane. Damage of 21 (6+15)

[roll2] If the attack check hits then I grapple. Opposed STR against STR/Dodge

Feeling the wound Rage's anger spikes driving more strength into his arms
Three punches to the gut followed by a hand wrapping around the Hound's neck
Rage's eyes narrowed
"Hello Dark Hound. Nice day for a walk in the park isn't it. Though getting a bit late for it, you never know who might come crawling out of the woodwork when the shadows grow longer.
Why it's so dark your eyes failed to compensate, through no fault of your own I'm sure. If you'll look again you might notice a discrepancy between the call you taunted me with and your current target."
His tone civil and friendly, in stark contrast to the steel grip around the criminal's throat
"Couldn't find any young girls so you go for a male? Still I suppose one makes do, it's not as if you lied to me to make me less likely to save an innocent's life."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-09, 05:42 PM
Lily was...rather surprised. She had been expecting at best a sort of stumbling excuse and rapid withdrawal. This woman was so on the ball that she wasn't just playing along, but giving her instructions on the matter.

Either her nose was not as accurate as she had thought, or this woman was the best actress she had ever met.

Well, fair enough. Lily laughed and started walking, opening her mouth to ask if everything was alright...but that whole plan of action got interrupted by the sudden sounds and new smells in the park. She didn't need to turn to look to know that the two men had appeared, that one had stabbed the other. Though her nose didn't pick up all the same things as her eyes (and did pick up some things her eyes did not), it was just as precise and a good deal longer range. Nonetheless, she whirled to rapidly take in the visual details of the scene.

That's a super, she thought in shock. Wonderful. No plan, no costume, not even a stinking catch phrase. She was so not ready for this.

Doesn't matter. That guy's hur-. And as he started dropping punches like a boss. Okay, maybe not that badly hurt...

It kinda sounded like Stab Guy might have been the villain here and Punch Guy intervening, but she couldn't tell for sure and really didn't want to get it wrong.

"Hey! Let's...let's just all calm down here!" she called out, holding out her hands. She didn't act immediately, but the air around her was starting to smell of lavender.

Move Action: Activate Induce Delirium power.
Standard Action: Ready action to use Induce Delirium on anyone who gives her a reason to believe they're the hostile (primarily by attacking a current noncombatant). Selectively targeted 60' burst centered on Lily. Hostiles in the area get a Dodge check (DC 20) to...I suppose plug their noses, hold their breath, or otherwise avoid the scent-dependent effect. If they fail or choose not to, they get a Will check (DC 20) to resist an Entranced/Compelled/Controlled Affliction, Limited to One Command (in this case, the command is effectively "cease all hostile actions"). This is an Insidious effect, so a DC 20 Perception check is required to be aware of the influence.

Also, is there a...corner, or big tree, or something that's within roughly thirty feet?

Blasted secret identities. :smallamused:

CumCaritas
2013-10-10, 03:38 AM
As the two men appear before her eyes, Aria smells the sharp metallic scent of blood filling her nostrils.

The mere scent of it is enough for her to start panicking. Pulling out a Glock from inside her jacket, Aria heads for the nearest cover she can find, trying to calm herself down enough to look at the situation rationally.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-11, 12:53 PM
The officer sighs at the dorky grin and states "Look, son, I know you want to be the next big hero but you're just going to get yourself hurt. I could probably demand that you come in by citing some dumb law about unauthorized flying vehicles, but you should just go home and put that suit to rest. You did a good thing tonight. Leave it at that."

Bishop gives a good show of pulling out a pistol, but then his performance flounders somewhat as he runs away to duck next to Aria behind one of the big trees in the park. There's quite a few for cover but it's hard to tell who's where when most of your enemies are invisible.

Lily's scent-based attack doesn't seem to have any effect on any of the murderers, though she does detect a new scent of a man entering the park.

The first of the attackers gives out a yelp as he's grabbed and falls to the ground after the pummeling, but two more come from behind and grab hold of Rage before sinking their teeth in. The pain is extraordinary.
You're grabbed by two and are taking another -2 to Toughness.

Aria and Bishop are given a jolt when one of the Hounds accidentally digs a claw into the tree they've hidden themselves behind. Three inches from either of their shoulders is an arm whose fist is completely buried in the oak.

Lily is given a wide berth due to her strange power, but these foes have a trick up their sleeve. Two of them become visible as they spit a dark crimson liquid at Lily, but her reflexes are up to par. Hearing the sizzling behind her, it's pretty easy to guess what that would have done had it hit her.

The last two of the fiends are running off past Rage to the new scent in the park.

sun_tzu
2013-10-11, 01:14 PM
Clifford looked at the police officer with some sympathy. He's just trying to do what's best. Can't fault him for it. "Thank you for your concern, officer. Believe me, I'm not making my decisions lightly here. But I simply have to consider the long-term consequences."

With that said, Techno-Paladin took to the air again, and flew back toward his earlier location - this time, freely reaching 90% of the speed of sound. It's a long shot, but I should at least TRY to catch the would-be murderer...

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-11, 01:21 PM
Lily almost panicked. There wasn't time! She couldn't just run off and try to get into costume without anyone seeing. But how would-

No.

It doesn't matter.

I'm the hero now.

Lily Woods took a deep breath, the back of her shirt tearing some.

And Floral spread her wings.

Up she went, taking to the air with the agility of a hummingbird. With a wave of her hand, a portion of the park came alive, grass, trees, and flowers suddenly growing, moving, lashing out at as many of the invisibles as she could, while she flew across the way to land squarely before the two who were going after the newcomer. "I don't think so."

Free Action: Activate Entangle power.

Standard Action: Use Entangle on...as many as I can get, prioritizing the ones attacking Rage. 30' radius selective ranged burst. All enemies within may roll two Dodge checks, DC 20. A success on the first lowers the second to DC 15. A failure on the second imposes a Vulnerable/Immobilized/Paralyzed Affliction.

Move Action: Fly to get between the two who are running off and their new target.

CumCaritas
2013-10-11, 02:37 PM
The claw rips through the tree, giving Aria another taste of fear.

Jesus! What the hell is going on?

Then she watches as the woman who called out to her erupts wings and starts flying into the sky.

Get away from me!

She points her pistol around the tree at the... Whatever the hell this thing is and pulls the trigger.

attack: [roll0]
Damage rank is 17, if I'm reading the rules right?

LordChaos13
2013-10-12, 11:02 PM
OOC: Sorry my post got eaten.

Feeling their fangs dig into his flesh a slightly annoyed look crosses the alien's face, before he quashes the visible signs of anger, letting it fester inside him and power his abilities.
Speaking of abilities, he uses one such power: That of flight.

Not resisting the grapple Rage smirks
"Tell me gentlemen, can you fly?" Rocketing skywards without any visible means of propulsion.
"Now that we are alone...Tell me who you are and what you are doing targetting innocents." Glaring with the full force of his unearthly rage, exponentially more angry than even the maddest human could achieve

[roll0] to make him talk

Batpope Scott
2013-10-21, 02:51 AM
The hand and the man attached to it go limp as Aria's pistol puts a bullet through his head. No gore, but you couldn't have missed at that range.

Rage lifts off as plants nip at the heels of his attackers. He has a small struggle with taking off and loses one of his attackers to the plants before he can get into the air. The plants grab the pair who attacked Lily, and she gets an ugly snarl from the pair she lands in front of.

The duo lash out with razor-sharp claws at Floral, assuming they could get her out of the way. Only one was correct, and the girl shrugged his grazing cut off quickly.

Bishop pops out from behind a tree and shoots one of the entangled creatures with his pistol, the thing falling limp in the grasps of the entangling plants.

Rage's flight doesn't seem to faze the man he took with, who proceeds to try and bite again but can't get a solid hold with his teeth, causing only scratches. He doesn't respond to the questioning at all.

Your flight is interrupted with the sight of a man ascending out of the park you were about to fly across. He's got another man latched on, but the one you're looking at is clearly flying under his own power.

LordChaos13
2013-10-21, 03:31 AM
Rising ever higher, tumbling in the void trying to grab a better hold of his opponent
"Now now, be polite. I asked you a question."
Rage growls, windmilling his arm a little to get him at arms length, then using his legs for what they were designed: Brutal short and sharp kicks right to the vital organs
"Now, tell me what I want to know or I'll get Annoyed." Eyes practically glowing with malevolence as Rage lets a tiny sliver of his control slip on purpose, focused entirely on the criminal, rising even higher into the sky, about 8 miles straight up the city a long way down, plenty to reduce any falling creature to paste should they drop

[roll0]
If it hits I get another grapple check to improve my hold. Hopefully to the point I can drop because that's going to be my threat
[roll1]

I'm a Full-Round action away from the ground, or 2 Moves if Im needed down there, but high enough up it will be Max damage (its rank11 so 22+4 = 26, 10 more than the maximum. Plenty of leeway for Acrobatics)

sun_tzu
2013-10-21, 04:05 AM
What the...? Clifford looked at the going-ons. Is that...an actual super-powered brawl? Is that in any way related to the earlier attack, or just a huge coincidence?
...Then again, I've been expecting this sort of thing to start erupting any day now. OK, OK, this takes precedence over non-powered criminals.

Quickly, Techno-Paladin flew toward the other flying individuals, and stopped abruptly - cape billowing in the wind, armor glistening, and cheesy smile once more on display. "Good morning, gentlemen. What seems to be the problem?" Jesus, am I going to turn that into some sort of catchphrase?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-21, 04:06 AM
Floral dodged the first strike, and barely even felt the second, her blood seeming to flow more like sap, clinging to the scratch. Though she noticed it wasn't regenerating, like the scrapes she had gotten in the forest a couple days ago. It didn't seem much deeper, though...

Weird.

She'd worry about that later, though. She extended a hand, and a long, sturdy tree branch flew into her grip. She lashed out immediately, her powers imbuing the wood with strength and guiding its motions. Fact was, while Lily had been taught to fight, she'd never really had the prowess or instinct for it. She knew the moves, but that didn't really help that much in a real fight or even half-serious spar.

But the wood in her grip moved at her will, and struck with strength and speed far beyond her physical limits as she rained blow after heavy blow upon both of the enemies before her.

Free Action: Change Flower Girl array to Plant Control. The vines cease actively grasping, but creatures who were entangled remain so until they recover following normal rules for Afflictions.

Standard Action: Attack using Move Object on a tree branch. Multiattack to attack both foes at -2 to hit: [roll0], [roll1]. Damage DC 25.

EDIT: Darn, should have gone Routine, since I think these guys are minions. Oh well.

LordChaos13
2013-10-21, 04:11 AM
"Good evening to yourself, I am simply attempting to uncover why this man and his friends were invisible to the normal human eyes and attempting to claw a man in the back of the head. I merely intercepted and was grappled by this one and another. I rose up to interrogate this, knowing there was at least one other Super, a plant controller apparently, trying to incapacitate them."
A calm explanation, if the emotion behind it the same as if speaking about the weather

CumCaritas
2013-10-21, 07:44 AM
Aria watches the man-thing go limp as her bullet flies through its head. For the briefest of moments, she thinks about taking this opportunity to run.

I mean, these are supers right? They can handle it, can't they?

Aria peeks back around her tree again.

Besides, I'm a criminal. Supers and crooks don't get along. The opposite in fact. So, why am I still here?

Aria sighs as she leans around the tree and fires another shot.

Great, I'm gonna have to get a new gun too.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage rank 18

Batpope Scott
2013-10-23, 01:17 AM
Floral's tree branch attack catches one of the men off guard and he drops like a sack of potatoes, though his more aware partner deftly dodges the hit. He doesn't retaliate, instead backing away with a look of fear. Lily doesn't have time to feel good about herself, as a deep male voice behind her states "I see you're in good spirits, though I would appreciate it if you quit damaging my employer's property."

Rage and Techno-Paladin have a very brief, cordial discussion about the situation as the only one incapable of flight is thrashing about, trying to sink his teeth into the super that holds him. If you thought he was thinking clearly, you might assume he wanted to be dropped. He fails to get a good hold, proving his efforts futile.

Aria shoots the last of the attackers around her in the arm, the shot not visibly fazing him. Bishop is a bit luckier, planting a bullet in the thing's stomach. Neither shot had blood splatter or visible blood from the wound, but the man no longer moves. Bishop takes the opportunity to hand Aria a card with a number on it and states "Call this number and ask to speak to Stephanie Walters. She's the only person besides me that knows my plan." He abruptly breaks into a dash away from the scene, an odd sight for one in such a nice suit.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-23, 01:52 AM
Floral took advantage of the brief respite to "get into costume", a moment's thought transforming her cotton clothes, the fabric extending into a veil that snaked around her mouth, wrapped around her head, and expanded into a white hat with flowers dangling from the brim.

Then, she turned to the speaker, still holding her makeshift staff ready. "Yeah, I'd bet you would," Floral responded sarcastically. "It would make it so much easier for them to go around killing people if no one fought back, huh? Gee, how insensitive of me..."

LordChaos13
2013-10-23, 02:05 AM
"Well this seems to not be working. Your welcome to join me on the ground my good sir, but I really must continue the interrogation."
Simply dropping the biting criminal, watching him drop idly before rocketing down towards the ground a lot faster than terminal velocity, coming to a sudden stop an inch from the grass a small breeze emanating from the perfectly still Super
"Alright here Delunthe? I see you are taking care of them quite nicely."

CumCaritas
2013-10-23, 02:52 AM
Aria takes the card, nodding as Bishop runs off. Now that things seem to be calming down, Aria tucks her gun back into her coat. Looking to see if anyone is watching, Aria pulls the collar of her jacket up to cover her face, and starts to walk away, hoping no one tries to stop her.

Stealth to try and slip away: [roll0]

sun_tzu
2013-10-23, 03:23 AM
Techno-Paladin stopped to consider the scene. OK. This is a mess. Problem is, I don't really know what's going on, who really needs protection, and who's at fault. So, first of all: Figure events out.

The armored would-be hero used his elevated vantage point to observe the entire scene, trying to get a good hang on the situation, and temporarily settling on landing next to the man Aria and Bishop had shot to check up on him.

Perception+Awareness to notice stuff, be it Aria trying to slip away or anything else (dunno if I get a bonus for the vantage point): [roll]1d20+5

Batpope Scott
2013-10-23, 04:00 AM
Where did Rage land? I'm not sure who he's talking to, but going straight down would put him near where Aria started the turn. I'm also guesstimating on how long it's going to take the guy to fall four miles.

"Your sarcasm is noted. Well, it's impolite to go this long without introducing myself." The large man that stands before Floral is at least seven feet tall and built like Adonis. "I am referred to as Dark Hound." he holds up his left hand to stop a reply before continuing "I don't need you to tell me your name, but I promise you that I'll remember your heroic deeds tonight. I'm a man of my word, which is why I'm afraid you're not going to like me much." his countenance settles into a malicious grin as he punches Floral in the chest. Hard. "I promised I'd kill a little girl in the park tonight."

His hand slides up into a vice-grip around Lily's throat before he throws her. The flight is brief, but two very firm impacts happen before she realizes she's halfway across the park.

Clifford saw the young woman conversing with a very large man off to the side, with a man in biker attire similarly dressed to the man that the super has just dropped a bit behind her. The one he goes to check on is quite clearly dead, as is the one next to him, but Clifford is distracted from the lack of blood by the explosive cracking sound as a blur flies through two trees and winds up in the dirt.

Rage saw the large man after he landed, but didn't see the punch that led up to the toss. The man he dropped has about half a minute until he hits the ground.

Aria hears the thundering impacts and turns to see Lily recovering from the throw. The fallen trees make it fairly obvious what the noise was.

Lily makes a note of the fact that she flew through two trees and the punch is still what hurt the most. The pain is cringe-worthy and she imagines standing would hurt quite a bit, too.
You'll take a -2 to Toughness rolls from being wounded. Also, you have received a hero point.

sun_tzu
2013-10-23, 04:17 AM
Clifford cursed internally. Dammit. Casualties already. Way to go, "paladin".

Then Lily gets thrown through trees. OK, definitely a super-powered fight going on. Please be alive, please be alive...

Quickly, he flew toward the person who had been thrown around, placing himself between her and her attacker, trying to establish her situation.. Is she alive? And who, if at all, are the good guys and the bad buys? "Miss? How are you?"

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-23, 05:00 AM
Lily remembered, so many times, sitting around as her parents or siblings regaled the family with tales of their recent exploits and adventures. One thing that had always stuck out was how often they talked about getting thrown through walls and stuff. They were always so excited about it. Like getting tossed through the scenery was somehow fun.

Interesting trivia fact: no it wasn't!

The pain was intense, but her newfound durability allowed her to endure it. "I'm okay," she said to the...the...wow that guy was totally in powered armor, wasn't he? Not seeing things, right? That's real? Awesome.

Right, more important things to deal with. Floral took once more to the air, flying at speed for her foe.

"Good luck with that!" she yelled as she closed, and spat in his face.

Free Action: Change Flower Girl Array to Floral Acid.

Move Action: Fly into Close range.

Standard Action: Attack using Floral Acid at [roll0], Crit 15-20. On a hit, target must make a DC 25 Toughness check vs. Damage, and a DC 20 Toughness check vs. a Weaken Toughness effect. Next round, the target must make another Toughness check against a second instance of damage.

Current Status: -2 Toughness.

sun_tzu
2013-10-23, 05:12 AM
All right. So we have a young woman with some unclear superpowers, fighting a large man who was able to throw her with obviously superhuman strength. The problem is, I don't know which one is the aggressor, or the victim, or anything.

Techno-Paladin took to several yards in the air above Floral and Dark Hound, cape billowing in the wind. "Lady and gentleman...At the risk of spoiling someone's fun, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to stop this fight. Or at least explain yourselves." And not laugh. Not laughing would be a nice bonus.

LordChaos13
2013-10-23, 05:20 AM
"An explanation would be nice, though more from the male than the victim." Floating next to the human in powered armour, brushing his business suit sighing. It would take ages to get this thing back in work condition

CumCaritas
2013-10-23, 07:22 AM
Aria turns to see the woman she had been talking to picking herself up after being thrown. Looking back toward the entrance to the park, Aria hesitates. She doesn't owe this lady nothing. In fact, the lady owes her one. She did mess up the meeting with Bishop. Okay, maybe not mess up, but definitely throw what little control she had straight out a window.

And now this...

Supers. Didn't Titan's Fall and it's aftermath take care of all that? Weren't the supers supposed to be no more?

Aria starts running. She doesn't need to spend a night in jail over this.

Let the good guys fight the creepy bloodless things.

Batpope Scott
2013-10-23, 06:14 PM
The acid is blocked with an arm, which begins to sizzle and burn. Dark Hound snarls and gets ready to charge, but you blink and a man in a hoodie and jeans is standing in front of him. "Get out of my way, I've got supers to crush." The much smaller man points towards the entrance and, almost inaudibly, says "Listen."

As if on cue, the sirens become faintly audible. The cops have almost arrived, and they're sure to bring backup. The new super grabs Dark Hound and the next moment, they're gone.

LordChaos13
2013-10-23, 06:21 PM
OOC: in titans fall was it just Superheroes and villains that got depowered or even civilians trying not to get tangled up in crime fighting? Because that will adjust how I deal with the cops

"Oh excellent, the enforcers of the common law as stated in the President's code of laws. You know I've always been curious, how does one go from enforcer of the rules as set down by the President of the most prestigious United States of America into police or cops? I'm not seeing the linguistic connection." Looking at the Technopaladin curious. Descending down even more so he looks like he is actually on the ground rather than in flight. Adjusting his tie trying to make his suit more presentable

sun_tzu
2013-10-23, 06:44 PM
Techno-Paladin blinked at Rage. "Actually, the code of law, as you call it, is not the president's. See, the government is deliberately designed so as to be divided into multiple branches, each of which possesses checks and balances on the others..." he paused, almost slapping himself, "...but this is not the appropriate time for a discussion of legalities and politics. With what appears to have been the villains gone, the rest of us should probably do like an infinitive, and split." He looked around. "But, before we make any decision: Is anyone in need of medical attention?"

LordChaos13
2013-10-23, 06:52 PM
"Yes yes, politics, splitting of power, the president is still in charge of the country and the face of it to outsiders and still the Kentomi in the face of Velumo...um the one that must face the challenges of law should one rise up and attempt to change it."
Rolling his eyes muttering something about strange customs of insane natives
I am wounded but don't require medical attention. My physiology would likely draw the police anyway. If anyone needs a quick escape, well you saw how high I went and fast I descended."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-23, 11:18 PM
Lily began falling back, more so that it would be obvious that she was the defender rather than the aggressor than out of any expectation that Dark Hound would acquiesce to the armored man's request...but that all became rather irrelevant when the newcomer appeared and teleported the criminal away.

His employer, maybe? she wondered. Regardless, she made it a point to get a good whiff of where the two had been, particularly the teleporter, since she hadn't been able to even see his features.

She looked to the two who remained. She wanted to talk to them, learn about them, how they had gotten through the Fall, who they were, what they knew about Dark Hound and his employer. But the sound of the sirens made it clear that there wasn't time.

...Unless...

"I'll be okay. I...think I heal fast. Sometimes," she answered, kinda awkwardly. "But on the subject of flying really high really fast, might I suggest we all do that? Couple thousand feet of altitude and, eh, a mile or so of distance should give us a bit more privacy, and I'm working on the impression that it might be a good idea to compare notes, here?"

LordChaos13
2013-10-23, 11:44 PM
"Notes would be good. Tell me did the man say anything to you before attempting your murder?" The black accountant asks, lifting the super by taking her hand

Lily experiences the feeling of pure weightlessness, even her own body seems to drift slightly away as gravity simply stops working on her. Followed by the strange feeling of rising without a concept of up, only a few feet and back some.
Rage lookig up, gauging how much longer his falling interrogation subject will take to hit the ground. Ready to grab him on the bounce back up and rocket into the air away from the battlefield

"Speaking of notes...What's your top speed in that metallic creation good sir?"

sun_tzu
2013-10-24, 04:21 AM
Techno-Paladin had been about to offer to carry Floral, but Rage had beaten him to it. Then he noticed Floral wasn't hanging from his hand so much as floating. Tactile telekinesis? If he can do that, then it'll be less of a bumpy ride with him.

"This armor can attain a cruise speed of mach 1," he said. "Meet you a mile upward?"

CumCaritas
2013-10-24, 07:18 AM
Aria sprints out the park entrance, noting she isn't the only person doing so. In the distance she hears the wailing sirens announcing the cops' imminent arrival.

Taking a look around, Aria decides to cross the street and try to play the part of the awestruck bystander. Then she starts to shake.

What the hell is going on here?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-24, 12:46 PM
"Thanks. And yeah, he mentioned an employer, who may or may not be the guy who teleported him away. Also mentioned killing a girl in the park tonight, which I'm sure would have gone well for him," she said with a smirk.

sun_tzu
2013-10-24, 01:45 PM
"I see."

The armored man turned pensive for a moment, before smiling at the two other superheroes. "Well, before we go on, perhaps introductions are in order. My nom de guerre is Techno-Paladin." He paused. "I am, in case that was not immediately obvious, fairly new at this."

Ugh. Was that last part really necessary, Clifford? At least keep smiling like you know what you're doing.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-24, 02:10 PM
Lily gave a sympathetic smile. "Floral, and if it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one," she said.

LordChaos13
2013-10-24, 09:51 PM
"Rage. Recovering supplicant of the Titan's Fall 'cure'. You might have heard of me, lowest level of property damage on record for a superhuman-level Super and the one the media deemed the 'crazed alien' because I refused to lie about my origins and no-one believed me."
Disappearing and reappearing a mile up in 2/3 of a second, looking down waiting for his new ally to reach him

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-24, 10:43 PM
A flutter of her wings, and Lily was flying up after Rage. Not nearly as quick; it took her several whole seconds to ascend to the same height.

LordChaos13
2013-10-24, 10:55 PM
(I thought Rage was carrying her? Touching her hand giving her the same weightlessness then rocketing up pulling her along?)

"Now, you mentioned he was going to kill a girl...Was his name Dark Hound? If so tell me everything about him. His mannerisms, what he said, how he looked."
Searching his own memory for the Dark Hound, matching the two descriptions looking for differences

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-25, 01:15 AM
((Eh, either way))

"Dark Hound is what he called himself, yeah. Big guy, heavily muscled. Hit like a truck." She described his face as best she could, although she hadn't really had much of a chance to get a look.

"He didn't really say too much else that struck me as...relevant. He referred to our invisible buddies down there as his employer's property, made a snide comment about being a man of his word, and then basically went on with the whole 'kill a girl in the park tonight' thing. You've met him before?"

LordChaos13
2013-10-25, 01:42 AM
"Before Titan's Fall he was an Elitium, um recurring enemy? I got a call in my workplace saying he would be there and kill a little girl, which is why I was there and spotted them.
Now if you dont mind flying unaided for a second? I'd really prefer to be in costume as my normal life needs no interruptions by Titan Fall teams. Being depowered hurts like a bezerker-raged kick and my legs, well they arent really used to walking normally and it took quite a while for my flight to kick back in."
Letting go, watching her fly for a second before disappearing, leaving a faint sonic boom and the falling foe

(I'm assuming the ability to travel 4 miles/6 seconds and my house wouldnt be that far away... )
Returning quite soon simply appearing, the arrival shockwave less than what you would expect in uniform, holding the unconscious enemy having picked him up mid-flight
The not-quite spandex covering his entire body from neck to ankles, only his head, hands and feet completely bare. A dark blue crystalline helmet on his head without obscuring his vision
"A pleasure to meet you milady. May I say, you fought quite well against those bloodless foes and I would deeply regret leaving you with them if you had not been filled with such anger to...wait humans dont gain strength from rage...Filled with whatever emotion Humans gain battle prowess from to handily defeat your foes."

sun_tzu
2013-10-25, 03:49 AM
"Likewise a pleasure."

Clifford looked down at the park, trying to identify locations. Just how far from the battle was the place where the redshirts shot that guy? Any relation?

"Dark Hound, you say?" Techno-Paladin looked concerned. "It was inevitable that, following Titans' Fall, villains would start coming out of the woodwork. You say he's a recurring foe.... is there anything you can tell us about him?"

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-25, 04:04 AM
"Glad to meet you both," Lily said. "And thanks! That means a lot, coming from an estab-" she halted as the implications of what he had said sank in. "Wait...you had had your powers removed, and they came back?" she asked in astonishment, and there was no denying a sudden wash of hope in her eyes and voice.

LordChaos13
2013-10-25, 04:04 AM
"He was very business-like and not the kind of person to call me about his target, his mannerisms are all wrong...It's likely a copycat villain but I cant be sure...Especially since he is apparently hired muscle, could be a part of the mastermind's plan."

EDIT:
"Hmm oh yes, but unfortunately it was a rather unique aspect of my physiology. And a little failsafe most people didnt know about the cure.
I'm an alien, thus my powers were built entirely into my genome. What the cure did was basically overwrite those parts with human bits, but to do so would have killed me eventually, my kind arent meant to be earthbound, and without super strength our natural strength simply isn't enough to hold ourselves together. The failsafe activated to prevent my death, and thus I slowly regained my powers over time. I just wish it was my flight that came back first, I know why your children take over a year to learn how to walk now!"

sun_tzu
2013-10-25, 04:16 AM
"I see." Techno-Paladin held his chin, thinking for a moment. "I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or relieved. I believe the world needs superheroes - I didn't put this armor on for the sake of my fashion sense - but if it just turned out the depowering methods didn't work, we would probably have just seen escalation in the hostilities." He sighed.

LordChaos13
2013-10-25, 04:27 AM
"They work, and I voluntarily went to the syringe because while I am here I obey the laws. I just didn't think ALL my superhuman abilities would be quelled. I needed to be dragged out of the room because my legs couldn't support my weight.
There are simply some loopholes likely put in place to avoid murdering us by accident, which have the side-effect of causing the prevented murders from reverting over time."
Absently rotating, upside down head still at eyelevel with the two Supers. The onyl thing that could fall due to his fashion choices being the crystal helmet and yet it stays for some reason.

CumCaritas
2013-10-25, 07:31 AM
Assuming no one stops her to take her statement, Aria watches the aftermath only long enough to regain control of herself, before walking off down the street. Deciding she didn't have anything else to really do that day, Aria returned home.

Throwing her coat over a chair, Aria sets her now used and recorded gun on the table, staring at it for a while. Before today, her gun was just another part of her act, her cover. Before today, she had only pulled it as a means of show, an act to keep some of the more unsavory parts of her lifestyle at bay.

But now....

Now it is a weapon. It has been used, and it was not a good feeling. Aria hated not being in control. But what could she do?

Leaving the problem for later, she pulled Bishop's card from her pants pocket. She pulls out a small cell phone, one of the cheap ones you can buy at any shop for twenty dollars, and dials the number on it.

When the line is picked up at the other end, Aria speaks first.

Stephanie? Bishop asked me to give you a call.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-25, 01:41 PM
"Oh...well that's cool, anyway," Lily said, and she did sound disappointed. Also somewhat angry. That failsafe had not been safe enough to keep her grandfather alive.

"So...what should we do about this Dark Hound guy?" she asked, getting back on track. She looked to Techno-Paladin, "You said you think there'll be more like him?"

sun_tzu
2013-10-25, 02:45 PM
Techno-Paladin nodded at Floral. "Indubitably. Superheroes as a factor have all but been removed from the equation. Even if they have been laying low for a while, it is inevitable that a wide array of supervillains will soon believe they have a golden opportunity to achieve their own goals, now that their main opposition has been removed.

To make things even worse...Superpowers may have been made illegal, but that's hardly going to stop new individuals from acquiring them - intentionally, like me, or accidentally, like a traditionally high percentage of superheroes. Many of them, even the usually law-abiding ones, will be unwilling to part with their powers. They will effectively become outlaws, and, the harder the anti-super forces will hunt them, the more it will push them down the roads of supervillainy. Any number of newcomers who would have become superheroes under normal circumstances might end up becoming villains in the near future." He looked down at the city. "Unfortunately, that's an all-too-human reaction. People don't take kindly to being hunted." He then remembers who he is talking to, turning toward Rage. "Ah, forgive my anthropocentrism."

Batpope Scott
2013-10-25, 06:30 PM
Aria watches from afar as the police cruisers and S.W.A.T. vans surround the park, accompanied by a simple unmarked black van. The men who file out of that unmarked van are adorned in full body armor and not a single one looks any different from the others. Aria notices a pair of them unloading some kind of large weapon from the truck while another is walking around with a device in hand, pointing it at everything in the area.

She decides to get out of the area before the cops at the perimeter start to get nervous and walks home.

The supers in the air notice the wailing sirens come to a halt below them, though the area would obviously still not be safe.

Aria, now settled down, calls the number she was given and is answered by a low, lilting voice that states "Glad you didn't get cold feet. If you're not busy tomorrow, I would like to see you at the Snap Dragon downtown. Let's make a date for, say, six o' clock? I could buy you dinner, if you're not allergic to chinese food."

The Snap Dragon is a fairly prestigious and expensive family-owned restaurant and bar that most families would be able to go to at most once a year.

LordChaos13
2013-10-26, 12:22 AM
Waving it away "I know your intention and indeed I know of few non-anthropocentric ways of phrasing it, sentients spring to mind but I understand it feels awkward in everyday conversation. Please for all linguistic endeavors treat me as a member of the Homo Sapiens Sapiens species belonging to this planet."
Righting himself slowly, cartwheeling in space without really thinking about it
"It is true that many being hunted seem to turn to less legal actions when they lack the legal recourse to right them. I believe there is a whole movement about an illegal but not immoral such thing, Civil Disobedience? Perhaps we could leverage that, catch some of the Supers before the government gets them. We can train them, teach them the art of Gelturth, uh it's a fighting style based around hitting the enemy as hard as one can while still avoiding environmental damage. All of my people learn it from a young age, usually when their anger gets enough they can punch an entire wall into rubble.
It would need adjusting and tailoring, mostly because I havent met any Rage-powered Superhumans here nor has anyone told me by what emotion Humans gain their strength. But it is a fairly adaptable form, being the basis behind every one of our modern fighting forms, all the one post-Age of Rage."

CumCaritas
2013-10-27, 02:52 AM
Tommorow at six it is, then. Goodbye.

Hanging up the phone, Aria decides she should go and see how things are out on the street. She has no idea who this Bishop is, but she decides that after the meeting she just had, she should be prepared for tomorrow. Grabbing her jacket, she heads out the door again.

Going to make a couple of rolls here.
Expertise (Streetwise) for what I know or have heard about Bishop.[roll0]
Investigation for what I can find out on the street.[roll1]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-27, 02:54 AM
Lily gave a slow nod, frowning behind her veil. Techno-Paladin's words hit home. She wanted to argue the point, actually, but no decent refutation came to mind. Made her wonder...could that happen to her? She didn't think so...but could they push her hard enough to declare war?

It was a scary thought, but she could come up with a few ways they could do it.

And that was her, born and raised among superheroes. While most kids were learning the golden rule and how to share, she was learning that powers had to be used for good and came with responsibility.

Dark Hound suddenly sounded like a tiny problem indeed.

"Training would be a good thing, but...I mean, would it matter? My powers seem...pretty easy to control, and there are still two broken trees down there. That's the thing...lotta times, it's the villain who causes most of the damage. My family was always really good at avoiding collateral damage...well, except my dad and uncles, kinda...but even so, they didn't usually leave fight scenes cleaner than they were when they arrived."

Rather new to the whole secret identity bit, and feeling a sort of instinctive kinship with these fellow heroes, she didn't even think not to bring up her family in relation to past heroics.

sun_tzu
2013-10-27, 04:22 AM
Techno-Paladin nodded. She comes from an entire family of superheroes? That would narrow the search for her identity by quite a bit, but, it's probably safer if I DON'T actually learn her identity. Secrets can be lost too quickly in a world of "enhanced interrogation", illusionist villains, and nefarious telepaths.

"The way I see it...The reason I put on this armor...Right now, society needs people who are willing to fight the good fight regardless of what little gratitude they get. Heroes who can protect the very society that calls them menaces, hunts them down, and tries to cripple them. Champions determined to protect their worst critics and enemies." He paused. "It's going to be incredibly difficult, but this is something that needs to be done. Sooner or later, I believe that sanity will prevail, and Titan's Fall will go the way of anti-miscegenation laws and the Mccarthy witch hunts... but society needs to survive long enough to come to its senses. And for that to happen, it needs not only protectors, but examples showing the way."

LordChaos13
2013-10-27, 04:28 AM
"It is the honourable thing to do. To oppose the cruel and misguided laws the same way many have before us on this planet. Civil disobedience, doing our jobs regardless of what the hysteria would have us do.
We shall gather as many Supers as we can find, hide them from the syringe and train them so they do not repeat the mistakes of the past. But where can we meet away from prying eyes? It would have to be close to here so we can continue our normal lives lest we attract attention by our disappearance."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-27, 04:55 AM
Lily was about a breath away from impulsively suggesting her family's manor. It actually wasn't an awful option - the place was sturdy, well-equipped, and even secured against invasion and projections. Fact that it included a group of experienced former-heroes probably didn't hurt...

But the risk was too great. She had already been sloppy, and if she aroused too much suspicion, her home would definitely be investigated. She wasn't going to trust herself with an entire movement until she had her own secret identity under wraps!

And of course, the flip side was that if the government did push too hard, she did not want her family caught in the middle.

Thinking about it some, though... "We'd probably want to vary meeting spots, right? Stay decentralized, don't provide a single big target..." The logistics were making her head swim a bit. "How do we even find other supers? And make sure that finding them doesn't get them found out by others? Or do we wait for them to come to us, maybe?"

sun_tzu
2013-10-27, 05:02 AM
"Where meeting places are concerned...All three of us are fairly fast flyers. It's probably best if we choose some secluded spot outside city limits," said Techno-Paladin.

"As for attracting other heroes...It may be a bit early for that. We don't even know how many more there are at the moment. My plan was mostly to set an example for those that eventually appear, admittedly."

He paused to consider for a few moments. "Hm. If we are to work together on a regular basis, perhaps we ought to select a name for this tentative team?"

LordChaos13
2013-10-27, 05:30 AM
"No, even a single chance sighting from a satellite or even a plane or other flying vehicle and we have to run for our powers and or lives.
Perhaps a cave system? Somewhere at least covered from above viewing."
Glancing around as if expecting to see a helicopter

"As for names, how about the Rising Titans? Or just Titans. Named after Titan's Fall."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-27, 02:09 PM
"Rising Titans...spiffy. Although I'd probably consider myself more of a growing titan," Lily said with a chuckle.

Clearly, her intuitive aptitude did not extend to puns. More's the pity.

"Caves...could work. How bad an idea would it be to just meet at...well, places people might be expected to meet at. Restaurants, coffee shops...although that wouldn't work if we do have a lot of people, but if it's mainly just us like Techno-Paladin says, at least for the short term, it might be okay."

sun_tzu
2013-10-27, 03:32 PM
"Where names are concerned, how about Team Prmetheus?" suggested Techno-Paladin. "I mean, consider the very story of Prometheus: Actual mythological titan. Sided with the gods against the other, evil titans. Stole fire from the gods to protect humanity. Was imprisoned and tortured for a very long time by the king of the gods - in some versions, to make him talk. And he wouldn't break, until his eventual rescue by Heracles. In other words, one of the few truly principled figures of Greek mythology, who stuck by what's right no matter what it cost him, as long as it took. Also, the name means 'forethought' in Greek.

As for meeting in public places...I'll confess I'm not too keen on the idea. This armor can't be carried around discretely."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-28, 12:10 AM
"Right, of course. And that...is a pretty apt name. Either one sounds fine by me, really."

Batpope Scott
2013-10-28, 04:35 AM
Aria hits the streets, a few of her contacts being readily able to give information on "Bishop", as he called himself.The man known as Bishop is the right hand man of the worst criminal underground to hit the mid-western united states since the cold war. They're brutal, calculating, manipulative and own a little under half the police force, if rumors are to be believed, with a leaning to take newly-formed street gangs under their wing so as to make themselves the bogeymen of the mean streets. If you anger Underground, you're angering the very city itself.

Bishop's hand in this is quite simple, really. He's spent a good long time developing a particular set of skills that he deploys on occasion to make entire families disappear or make sure his targets never show up to meetings. Your contacts are worried about you having met him, as for everyone else that is as good as having a bulls-eye painted on your head.

Just let me know if you'd like a distraction. Otherwise, I'm waiting on you to make a move.The chill air nips at exposed flesh as night firmly sets in. The crowd below is making quite some noise, but nothing alarming.

CumCaritas
2013-10-28, 09:37 AM
Without a mirror she couldn't be sure, but Aria was certain that her face began to pale as her contacts began to describe what they knew of Bishop.

And she has a meeting with his associate tomorrow. A dinner date, in point-of-fact.

Not for the first time today, Aria found herself asking, What the hell have I gotten into?

Well, if the meeting is a trap, Aria will be as prepared as she can be. Heading downtown, Aria starts looking around, noting entrances, exits, the buildings and business around it, everything she can, so that if this meeting goes south, she can make an easy escape.

Perception [roll0]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-30, 03:19 AM
"So...how do we go about this, exactly?" Lily asked. "I mean...we want to help new supers, and make sure they don't go bad or get their powers taken away. But we also want to show people that supers are a good thing and hey look there's three of us out there proving it. Right? But that means they're going to come after us, and if we start fighting, like, the police and stuff, we'll look like the bad guys. But if no one actually knows what we're doing, nothing will actually change...

Unless...maybe...I mean I don't know, but what if we started out with, you know, a big win? Some serious threat that normal law enforcement can't stop."

She was kinda just rambling off what came to mind. Honestly, she wasn't sure how to go about it. But Rage had actual experience, and TP...well, he was in a suit of powered armor, so something told her he was probably just a bit smarter than she was.

Or a really good thief, she supposed.

LordChaos13
2013-10-30, 03:40 AM
"We need a public win, a big one. Against someone no-one can claim to be sympathetic. We need to limit collateral damage, especially people because your kind seem to value that over ecological disasters, though you are into preventing that too so its not all bad...
We need a flying foe. Someone we can fight above the city and knock away from the buildings.
They should also likely be of technological origin, or some kind of super that a Cure will not fix."

sun_tzu
2013-10-30, 03:59 AM
Techno-Paladin grinned. "That would all be very convenient, but it's wishful thinking. We can't pick and choose the threats that show up. We can only choose how we react to threats that are there.

The way I see it, we have to intervene when we're needed. In situations where the regular police and the anti-meta units aren't enough, we step in, do the superhero thing, rescue the civilians, and escape. That'll generate talk and leave an impression - perhaps enough that we can grant a secret interview to a trustworthy journalist. To the very least, we can leave a manifesto behind, explaining our position."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-30, 04:25 AM
"Right...right...which I guess kinda brings us back to this Dark Hound guy. What do we do about him? I mean, a probable copy-cat villain whose stated goal is to kill a girl in the park...tonight..." she hesitated a moment as an idea struck. "You know, he made it a point to talk about being a 'man of his word' and all when he mentioned that. He might actually try that again."

She thought a moment on how that might go. "Not gonna be too many people at any parks at this hour. Attacking the police while they're actively investigating the scene wouldn't be smart, but what about when most of them have left? If just a couple are there finishing up, or something, and one of them's a woman, he could try it again if fulfilling his promise or whatever is important enough to him." It was pretty rampant speculation, but it at least vaguely resembled a lead.

sun_tzu
2013-10-30, 04:29 AM
"It's a start. We'll need to carefully monitor the park. Possibly also warn the police, though that would endanger us." He paused. "I...don't really have a way of monitoring the park myself while in armor, so if we do that, I'd be relying on you two."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-30, 04:34 AM
Lily nodded, trying to figure out how to best do that, before brightening as an idea came to her. "I think I can handle that. I'll need to be down there, but I...well, I might not need to be in the same vicinity. Maybe."

sun_tzu
2013-10-30, 04:36 AM
"That...actually raises an important point," said Techno-Paladin. "If we are going to be working together, it is probably for the best if we know each other's abilities. Of course, that's...sensitive information, so I'll understand if you are not comfortable sharing it at this point."

LordChaos13
2013-10-30, 04:38 AM
"I'm sure my other identity may help. or rather the reputation my employment gives me. No-one will notice an ambulance chaser hanging around a crime scene. I'll just have to hang back a little and act like I wasnt here earlier."

Batpope Scott
2013-10-30, 08:42 AM
The whistle of the wind flying past marks more time spent hovering in the air above the police investigations. An outside watcher might call the decided location of your conversation insulting, but nobody would be able to see you through the cloud cover, which only breaks enough to see the tops of the many-storied buildings of the downtown area.An odd smell of lavender pervades your senses. It's source appears to be a woman, sitting atop a nearby skyscraper, whose scent seems to be calling out to you; it's hard to describe why, but you feel like she's trying to get your attention and your only clue is that her smell is blocking out most of the rest of the area.
Aria's paranoia marks a few exits out of the area, but the restaurant sits on a main street and escape would likely be easy as long as you can get out of the building. During the dinner rush, there'll be plenty of people to form a crowd on the sidewalks as they wait to be let in to the store.

The lateness of the witching hour approaches, though the chill doesn't seem to be a problem. She does, however, find a problem with being out this late; a group of men dressed in suits stand outside the Snap Dragon. There's only three of them, but the smallest gives a sleazy grin as Aria approaches the store and loudly asks, in a jeering tone, "Are you coming around for a reason or just lookin' for customers, darlin?"

The two men behind him snicker at his disrespect, but otherwise show little interest in the girl wandering the streets.

CumCaritas
2013-10-30, 09:44 AM
Aria starts planning her escape routes for tomorrow, but before she can get too far into her thoughts she hears the man asking for her services.

With her hands still in her coat, she knows she can't get to her gun, but that shouldn't be a problem. She turns and offers the men a smile.

Sorry boys. But my shift ended a few hours ago. You could try over on 69th street. The girls there are always willing to put in a little overtime.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-10-30, 01:32 PM
"No, it's a good idea. I can-" Lily began, only to stop and sniff the air.

"Well that's odd. Where is that...oh. Is she...? Guys, I'll be back," she said, flying to the roof of a nearby skyscraper, where a woman appeared to be sitting. She landed about fifteen feet from the woman, behind her if possible. "Miss? Do you need some help?"

Batpope Scott
2013-11-01, 06:32 AM
The men behind the snark don't seem to get the joke, but the man in front smirks and says "69th, huh? I'll remember that. Here's a word of advice, girlie. Don't trust the streets around here. They ain't safe."

Lily startles the poor girl, who promptly falls on her haunches and stutters out "Y-you're flying!" Now that you can get a good look at her, she's svelte and was blessed with a pretty face, though her glasses make it difficult to see her eyes. She's wearing an expensive gown colored maroon and quite clearly has a silver chain around her neck that's burdened with jewels.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-01, 12:37 PM
"That I am," Lily said, feeling much more comfortable behind her hat and veil. She sniffed the air some, trying to understand why this woman's scent was so pervasive, why it felt like a call.

Insight: [roll0]. Also Analytical Scent.

CumCaritas
2013-11-01, 01:01 PM
Aria gives a little smile of her own. She's been on the streets a long time, and knows very well all sorts of things that are out there. Thanks for the tip, hon. Anything particular I need to know about?

Batpope Scott
2013-11-02, 08:50 PM
the girl is visibly confused at your sniffing, though you are equally confused by what you're sensing. It's not just her smell that seems to call out, the way she looks and the tremble in her voice seems to cry for attention in a way that isn't entirely normal. She's like a beacon and everything else around her seems less important by comparison.

You snap out of a trance as she speaks up with "What are you?"

Aria's question causes the man to scowl and he practically growls out his answer through clenched teeth. "The Underground is getting rough, lately. Everybody that wouldn't be missed is being plucked off the streets and some of the people what would be, too."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-03, 03:18 AM
This girl's a super, Lily thought. And she probably doesn't even know it.

"I'm a hero," she responded simply, as if she had just asked what her job was. "What are you doing up here, especially this late? Is everything all right?"

LordChaos13
2013-11-03, 10:15 AM
Damn forum will get fat if it keeps eating posts

Rage vanishes, reappearing inside his house to get changed back into a suit, and reappearing just around the corner from the police line.
Walking along, even pressing weight down on the gravel

"Hello, what's happening over here?" Walking closer peering into the park
"Is someone hurt? Was there a fight or an accident? Oh, where are my manners, David Menas, I work at the Tottering and Tate law firm."
Neglecting to mention he was just an accountant rather than a lawyer

CumCaritas
2013-11-03, 01:38 PM
Aria sees she has upset the man. Hopefully not enough for him to do anything, but she decides not to press her luck.

I see. Thanks for that. I'd better tell the girls to watch themselves too...

She then turns and starts to leave.

Batpope Scott
2013-11-05, 09:04 AM
The girl on the roof stands up and brushes herself off before answering. "I'm fine, unless massive disappointment means I need to be saved by a... fairy girl?" She doesn't sound like she's trying to make fun of you, though it's pretty obvious she's had a rough night so far. At least, by normal standards of "rough".

Aria's departure is met with a mumbled "Yeah. You best get home."

Rage is addressed by an officer with a very stereotypical copstache, who calmly claims "We've got the situation under control , Mr. Mena. Nobody's hurt, it's just defacement of public property."

He's quite obviously lying, as the area wouldn't be crawling with armed and armored men for something that simple and you know for a fact that the bloodless attackers were left behind in the park.

LordChaos13
2013-11-05, 09:16 AM
A single raised eyebrow
"It's Menas actually. And should I assume all these fine gentlemen simply came to observe said defacement? It must be quite interesting, many didn't even have time to put away their more dangerous equipment before flocking to observe it.
You do realize that the withholding of information from the public when queried at the scene of the crime isn't really...upstanding civic behaviour. Pity, considering that recent push to, what was it again...Begin phasing in Titan Fall operatives into positions within the normal police department. After all they are quite qualified.
I do wonder the reason behind your misdirection, usually the police are happy to say in at least general terms what happened."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-05, 02:12 PM
"Well, I don't have any glass slippers for you, if that's what you mean," Floral replied with a light laugh. "Can I ask...disappointed how?"

Should I mention that I think she has powers? I could be wrong...but I don't think I am. Uncontrolled powers are dangerous, too. It'd be more responsibility, but that's better than someone else catching her and abusing her powers or turning her in...

CumCaritas
2013-11-05, 02:37 PM
Sticking her hands into the pockets of her coat, Aria starts making her way home. frankly she has had enough excitement for one day, and besides, she has a new identity to create.

Maybe a Sarah this time...?

As she ponders she tries to keep an eye on her surroundings. One very unsavory person already knows where she lives, but she would rather not have to deal with some less gentlemanly types knowing as well.

Perception to notice if Aria is being followed: [roll0]

Batpope Scott
2013-11-07, 08:29 AM
The cop does not seem enthused with the questioning, though he's perfectly willing to fake a smile for you. "Whatever you say, Mr. Mena. I would like to remind you, since you seem to have forgotten, that I have no obligation to answer your questions at all. I am also going to say that I am going to be dealing with a news van in a few minutes who are going to get all the same answers."

The girl on the roof looks at you curiously, obviously wondering why you care. "I suppose if you really want to know..." the girl shrugs before continuing "This is a hotel I happen to be standing on, as I'm sure you've noticed, and I just got back from a party where a faith healer was supposed to 'Enlighten' everyone. He asked everyone to drink a glass of something that smelled and tasted a lot like cheap whiskey. I kind of assumed he was a kook, but he somehow knew I've been having confidence issues and told me that after I left, I'd be able to be more confident in my looks. I don't really feel any better, but..."

She smacks her forehead and wonders aloud "Why the hell am I opening up to you like this?"

Aria gets home safely and without seeing any pursuers, though after the man's words she noticed that the night life seems to be nonexistent tonight. Even the homeless busker that normally sleeps in an alley near your house seems to be gone.

The thought that he might have been kidnapped comes to mind.

sun_tzu
2013-11-07, 08:47 AM
Techno-Paladin floated some distance away, too far to hear any part of Floral's conversation, but close enough to keep an eye on the going-ons.

My first day on the job, and I've already encountered two more superheroes. Luck? Social circumstances? Something else?

Too early to form an opinion on either of them. But for what I'm trying to do...well, let's be honest. I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-07, 02:18 PM
That...was disconcerting. Was this guy giving out powers? And if so, was he causing them, or simply awakening them in people who already had latent abilities?

This was definitely something to tell the others about, and investigate ASAP. Still, leaving this woman unaware of what she could do now didn't sound smart.

"I don't think he was lying," she said. "I came down here because...well...it's a bit hard to explain, but you were giving off a sort of...call. Or beacon, or something. It sounds like whatever he had you drink gave you an ability. Something that makes you more noticeable, or draws people to you, or something, based on its effects and what you've told me."

LordChaos13
2013-11-07, 04:13 PM
A flicker of shock and anger is quelled immediately before the cop can see it, plainly obvious to those like him but not on the radar of one not rised to the kind of politics his society dealt in
"Right well, thanks for your time." Wandering away around the corner before vanishing with speed

Flickering around the rooftops watching but not spending long enough in one place to be watched. Not even a blur or a sonic boom to show his passage

Batpope Scott
2013-11-09, 03:41 AM
Rage has little trouble looking in at men in SWAT armor loading the last of the attackers into an unmarked black van. A couple of the men jump in the back as well while a group of the police are attempting to upright one of the trees that was knocked over. They don't appear to be investigating the scene anymore.

The rooftop goes quiet as the girl tries to take all this in at once. "...WHAT?!" she takes a deep breath and rubs the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger before continuing in a calmer voice. "You're saying that I'm an attention magnet because he gave me cheap booze? You realize how ridiculous that sounds, right?" While that would normally cause you to doubt the thesis, her emotions are rolling off her in waves. It's fairly obvious what happened, in a broad sense. She sighs and says "I suppose you wouldn't have come down to talk to me without a reason. What do I do now?"

Techno-Paladin floats a fair distance away, looking on as Rage flits about at super-speeds and Lily is talking to an obviously distraught woman. Your attention lasts overlong on the girl, though you break yourself away at the sound of an airliner overhead. He remembers how late it's getting as a yawn forces itself on him.

Aria settles in for the night, secure at home.
Do you have any plans for the day or shall we skip to about six o' clock?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-09, 04:13 AM
"Eh, I can make people fall asleep by throwing my dandruff at them. Ridiculous is kinda a relative term..." Lily replied with a wan smile.

"As far as what you should do...um...well," Great, Lill. Way to think this through. "I mean, you need to learn what these abilities entail. If they're permanent or not, and if so, exactly how they work. Um...here, wait."

Lily looked back up to where Techno-Paladin and Rage were...well, where Techno-Paladin was, anyway, and waved her arms above her head towards him. This definitely seemed like a case where two heads would be better than one. One of those heads being a super-genius wouldn't hurt either.

sun_tzu
2013-11-09, 05:28 AM
Seeing Floral wave, Techno-Paladin hovered toward her. She didn't seem frantic, so he didn't go to top-speed which would have spooked the other woman, going more for slow, controlled flight that most flying brick types seemed so fond of prior to Titan's Fall.
"Greetings. What is the matter?"

LordChaos13
2013-11-09, 01:47 PM
Having gotten what he needed to see Rage vanishes once more seeing the two Supers gathered around another plaincothes girl he approaches.
Following Techno-Paladin's idea of not suddenly appearing he rises up the building, his feet still as he floats to the trio

His eyes seeing into the Ultraviolet range examining her

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-09, 02:07 PM
When the two arrived, Lily said, "Hey, guys. This is...um..." she realized she hadn't gotten her name. Was about to ask, and then thought, not knowing it was probably for the best, all things considered. "Well, she's a super. I'm pretty sure. I think some guy in the hotel might have actually given her powers, or awakened them or something. She seems to have some sort of...hmm...telempathy, maybe?"

Looking back to the new super, Lily said, "This is Techno-Paladin and Rage. They're heroes too. They...we can help you figure this out."

sun_tzu
2013-11-09, 02:09 PM
Techno-Paladin blinked. "Hold it. Are you saying someone out there is empowering people? I don't think I need to explain how critically important this is. We're going to need to know more about this."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-09, 02:12 PM
"Well...maybe," she explained what the girl had told her, and what she had felt from her. "I mean, I could be wrong, but it sounds like a pretty big coincidence. But whether he gave her her powers, or simply...I dunno...knew she had the potential for them and kinda unlocked them, or something else, I don't know."

LordChaos13
2013-11-09, 02:16 PM
"Was it recent? We may yet catch the person, tell if they are a dearly-trusted ally, or perhaps an Ally." The slight stresses on the two giving the impression they are different despite the word choice
The only known-Super there not in costume

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-10, 03:18 PM
Aelira left answering that one to the girl, although it did give her an idea...

"Did you happen to, I dunno, shake his hand or something?".

Batpope Scott
2013-11-19, 12:31 PM
"I did, actually. We were introduced after he'd passed around the whiskey..." she pauses for a moment before exclaiming "Right! His name was Kincaid. I don't really remember his first name; it started with a J, I think, though nothing's really coming to mind."

The barrage of questions doesn't seem to faze her as she answers with a more in-depth explanation of the man. "The party was at the restaurant at the end of the block, the big place with that swirly symbol on the sign, since my boss had reserved the place. The faith healer was brought in by the district manager who happens to be a super religious dude. I left as everyone was packing up so I'm not sure if he'd still be there."

Aria awakes in the morning with a meeting ahead of her. The morning seems pretty normal, though there's certainly more than enough strangeness planned in your night for one day.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-19, 01:59 PM
"Hmm...I might be able to track him, maybe," Lily said, somewhat excitedly. Then she thought a moment and added, more subdued, Um...or, we could just wait until morning and ask the district manager. Who's the district manager, now? And how could we get in touch with him?"

LordChaos13
2013-11-19, 08:00 PM
"You track him down, I'll head home for the night."
Rage says, eyeing the elongating shadows warily
Vanishing from sight with barely a breeze left in his wake, reappearing inside his home fully illuminated brighter than an Earthern midday.

sun_tzu
2013-11-20, 05:14 AM
"Do try to track him down," Techno-Paladin confirmed. Turning his eyes to the unnamed woman, he added: "Maybe you were empowered by touch. Maybe something else. Did you ingest anything while there?"

Quellian-dyrae
2013-11-20, 05:23 AM
Lily nods, reaching out to the girl with an awkward smile. "Can I see your hand, please? The uh...one you used to shake his."