PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Theurge (PF)

Valdras
2013-10-02, 11:38 PM
Hello everyone,

Is there any way to increase Caster Level for your class in Pathfinder?

I just realized I'm, a CL 2 cleric, and CL3 Wizard.... and not a CL5 both which is what I though, and CL is more important than I realized.

Bhaakon
2013-10-02, 11:56 PM
The magic knack trait can get two of those caster levels back, but that's not going to work on an existing character without a helpful DM.

Orange prism ioun stone give +1 CL and stack, but 30K a piece is probably out of reach until level 10+.

grarrrg
2013-10-03, 12:13 AM
The magic knack trait can get two of those caster levels back, but that's not going to work on an existing character without a helpful DM.

There a Feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/additional-traits) for that.

"Additional Traits
Benefit: You gain two character traits of your choice."
Restrictions apply.

Naomi Li
2013-10-03, 12:24 AM
There's also the exceedingly useful "eclectic training" and "esoteric training" boons from belonging to a guild and acquiring the needed fame. (See Inner Sea Magic, page 22)
This boosts not only caster level, but your effective character level for almost everything relating to your magic.

To me, this seems so overpowered I wouldn't be surprised if many DMs vetoed it, but perhaps I simply have a poor understanding of how powerful those boons are supposed to be. Or overrate the power of these ones.

Valdras
2013-10-03, 12:44 AM
grarrrg: unfortunately I already have a magical trait, so that doesn't help.

Naomi Li: I will have a look into this, thanks :)

Eldonauran
2013-10-03, 09:56 AM
If your DM isn't completely opposed to 3rd party feats, even ones hosted on the pathfinder OGC website, you could see if he would allow Improved Caster Level (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/kobold-press/general-feats---3rd-party---kobold-press/improved-caster-level). There is really nothing overpowering about allowing that feat for a Mystic Theurge.

Psyren
2013-10-03, 10:05 AM
You can also just ask your DM to bring in Practiced Spellcaster from 3.5. Or let him swap your magical trait over to Magical Knack.