PDA

View Full Version : A Whole New World IC

Monivey
2013-10-03, 12:23 AM
A Whole New World

Your ship emerges from the warp after a surprisingly uneventful journey from Footfall, especially considering all the newcomers on board. Word had spread that the Quintili Dynasty had a colonization expedition planned, causing all manner of men and women to flock to Footfall, jockeying for a spot. Some were talented craftsmen or brilliant scholars, others wastrels and criminals. While their reasons for setting out were varied, they shared one common goal, a new start on a virgin world.

Scanners show that the system, designated 021-3D7-9C in Imperial records, is almost devoid of significant landmarks. A young star, burning with blue-white light, dominates the field. It is surrounded by orbiting rocks, vast clouds of dust, and luminescent pockets of gas, that have not yet begun to congeal into planetary bodies.

But the system was not entirely devoid of life. One large source of vox emissions does appear on long-range auspex, the Navy monitoring station that serves as the sole Imperial toehold in the Durada Cluster, and the source of the system's nickname.

Harland's Retirement, a name used interchangeably for the station and the system, named after it's captain, a venerable Navy veteran who fell from political favor. His task has been to monitor the region for signs of piracy.

Harland's men have also compiled the most detailed astrographic records of the Cluster, a natural consequence of watching these stars for over a decade. Your previous searches had turned up a number of charts, but most were sparse with details, many seemed fraudulent, and the lion's share were likely both. Without Harland's charts, you'd effectively be flying blind into unknown space.

Settling into realspace, the vessel begins the slow sublight journey towards the station...

Please feel free to talk amongst yourselves. I won't have anything for you until the ship is done and sheets are finalized, unless you do something that requires my response. Once the ship is ready, we'll arrive at the monitor station.

The first batch of colonists will be pretty neutral, to provide the foundation for whatever direction things may end up going in.

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-03, 02:09 PM
Scotty Rivercraft

Scotty walks amongst the passenger areas, passing in and out of crowds and observing the colonists-to-be. His bionic eyes and memorance implant record the goings-on around him for later viewing in case anything interesting happens. He's wearing his synskin to cover up his bionic arm beneath some messy trousers and a hooded jacket to fit in with the passengers. His twitch-mask has twisted his face to resemble an endearingly cute child a few years younger than he actually is. Instead of the usual white sash, he has a crude patch made of bandage taped over his missing eye. His inferno pistol is hidden inside his jacket, and his mesh armour is back in his room.

He looks around the crowds of colonists, trying to spot anyone interesting or 'fun' looking.

Rolling disguise to make sure his twitch-mask is working properly I guess.
Disguise: Fellowship 54+20 twitch-mask +20 disguise kit so [roll]1d100[roll] vs 74.

DrK
2013-10-03, 03:06 PM
Lucius

The young navigator unplugs himself form the Navis chair removing synaptic transmitters, food and excretion lines before struggling free of the mass of wires. The chamber is silent, dim and featureless save the chair in the centre of the room - a perfect sanctum.

Reaching for the vox he growls a message to the bridge "We have arrived in system Lord Captainl. What would you have us do?

mr1135
2013-10-03, 03:41 PM
Maximilian Gearhart Secundus

Accompanied by a retinue of several Tech-Adepts and servo-skulls, Maximilian, the Enginseer Prime of the vessel, strides through the various corridors of the ship inspecting its components. Much like a Chief Medicae bringing his residents around, the Magos Explorator believed very much in leading by example. Unfortunately, in a ship as large as this, it has taken nearly 3 days to fully navigate and inspect all the major junctions and components in the craft. Chattering in binary and exloading information via the noosphere, he leads the group in detailing a number of minor adjustments that the maintenance crews have missed, seals which require reconsecration, as well as the instruction to maximize efficiency.

Pausing at one of the command junction connectors, Maximilian extends a dendrite into the dataport and inloads the recent system reports from the spool. Tapping for a second into the manifold of the ship, he could sense the immense machine spirit's presence brush by his mind like that of a primal beast stalking its prey. The sensation brings goosebumps to what little flesh he has left covering his body. It is truly a blessing to be able to serve upon such an impressive vessel once more. Uncoupling his dendrite and recoiling it back into his robes, he turns to the Mechanicus personnel behind him and cants to them his instructions.

<Schedule seals 384-D903-C233J9 on the dorsal sensorium lecterns to be re-sanctified while we're docked. The most recent astrometrics had shown a deviance of 0.38% from the median. Perhaps that is the reason the Sensori had reported a ghosting in the auspex in backlog M40-345.4S.>

Pausing for a second to recompile the information in his mind before continuing, <With that, we should have a complete list of ongoing maintenance duties for our stay at port. Adept Lysenko, create a schedule and send it to the necessary personnel before our arrival. Have a copy of the rotation exloaded to me via noosphere for confirmation before executing. Until then, you three should sign off for a half cycle to take a break. We've been inspecting the systems for the past 3 cycles with little room for nutrient intake and sleep. Your cortices are over strained and I worry for your health. Now go before I have to send these servo-skulls to ensure your compliances.>

With a smirk, Maximilian waves the three Tech-Priests off before turning and heading towards the bridge. It's about time he had reported to the Captain and seen to the slate he had sent him with the names of the new associates they had acquired. Perhaps the Eldar will be there as well. It's always fascinating seeing the Xenos, as difficult as she may be at the best of times. With regular humans there was the base parameters for social interaction protocols to fall back on at least...the Xenos has proved herself to be a difficult case to understand.

Hmm...how should I approach her this time around I wonder...genuine interest didn't work last time...and the time before that she did kick the servo-skull into the bulkhead when I attempted to use it to survey her equipments. Finding the recording of her threatening to dismantle me personally if she catches me trying to get at her gear again during the repair of the servo skull sure didn't help. Perhaps a gift would placate the Xenos...regular humans did so much enjoy exotic foodstuffs. Perhaps the Eldar would enjoy some...chocolate?

Sighing inwardly, Maximilian is not looking forward to the bartering he'll have to do with the human crew members or at the Naval Station to achieve this endevour.

Revanus
2013-10-03, 05:14 PM
Hephsed Reik glances up as the Navigator's announcement comes over the bridge's vox.

His previous attempts to track down accurate charts of the Durada Cluster had thus far proved fruitless. Returning his attention to his datapad, Hephsed reflected that a formal parlay with the naval outpost of Harland's Retirement was the most likely avenue to obtain the information they sought.

Hephsed's years as a commissioned officer in the Imperial Navy had imparted a certain level of comfort and familiarity when dealing with the military. Absent-mindedly, his hand brushed the Golden Aquila medallion of the Imperial Navy he still wore at his left breast. On the opposite side, a slightly more elaborate rendering of a Warrant of Trade in gold and opal competed for light and attention. The rest of Hephsed's garb was elegant and understated--a rich black overcoat contrasting with a naval-cut tunic in olive, dark grey trousers, and oxblood grav-boots. The ensemble was capped with Hephsed's cameoline cloak, shimmering and distorting the outlines of his shape. In short, Hephsed's robes revealed a measure of wealth and taste coupled with practicality.

Turning to Lucius Flavius, he approaches the Seat of Command, words of crisp High Gothic on his tongue.

"Lord Captain, excellent sailing!"

Lowering his voice so only Lucius can hear, he continues.

"It would be advantageous for us to hold a meeting with officers of Harland's Retirement. Their star charts would prove most useful in the coming journey."

Viper9090
2013-10-03, 06:54 PM
"You took the words out of my mouth Mr Reik." Captain Quintilli replays in High Gothic from his command throne, before switching back to Low Gothic as he addresses the crew.

"Auspex, Run an active scan of the system, lets see whats out there and if anyone else is the system. Navigation, plot a course for the Naval monitoring station. Vox, contact the station on the appropriate frequencies and tell them Captain Lucius Flavius Quintus Quintilli of the Venator Notoria would like to speak to their commander directly."

The Rouge Trader rattles this all off at an impressive clip, then stands and steps down to Hephsed's level, giving the cushioned brass and ivory an affectionate pat before turning to his senior officers that are gathering on the bridge, "So, my friends, how runs the Venator? It was quiet on our way here, everything is in order I hope?"

OK, jumped the gun slightly by saying the ship is the Venator, we can amend that if there is a sudden uprising of opinion in the opinion thread or the GM vetoes the ship.

As to the commands I've just issues, its up the GM if the RT needs to test for that, or if my fellow players can use their characters to perform these actions and take those tests?

Finally, I'm assuming everyone is gathering on the bridge, let us know via RP if you're not so we don't end up talking to a character who is not there.

Also, to avoid confusion I'll use my characters second middle name, Quintus, as his main name (Quin in privet), saves us having to distinguish between our navigator and the RT.

Donan
2013-10-04, 12:35 AM
Augustus Sathral Ramivov the Third had made his way to the bridge as they exited the Warp, winding his way through the ship's numerous corridors and bulkheads. Two guards flanked him until he reached the bridge and then took up positions on either side of the entrance to relieve the pair whose shift had just ended.

The two leaving were stronger of mind and spirit then most, the noble hunter considering it best to have more resilient folk in critical places during Warp travel.

He then strode proudly onto the bridge, cloak swirling around his ankles as he doffed his broad hat to the Captain, mustache twitching with a wide grin.

"Ahoy Lord Captain, friends!" He nodded expansively in greeting. "I heard we were close to the edge, and by the Emperor, it'll be good to put feet on earth again."

He hums as he considers the station they approach. "So to speak. Ah well, I'm sure a planet will present itself in good time."

The man smiles before standing to attention. "Our little beasties are doing well Captain, safe and sound in their cages. I could even set a little match up if you'd like a flutter, the Kroot Hounds have been restless and could use a good workout.."

Revanus
2013-10-04, 01:07 AM
Hephsed looks Quintus in the eye.

"Our finances are stretched, but in order. This colonial expedition should inject much needed funds into our coffers."

Viper9090
2013-10-04, 04:18 PM
The Captain raises an eyebrow, "Lets keep the hounds locked up for now, Augustus we don't want them getting lose and causing a panic in the lower decks, we've got enough unruly civilians wandering the halls to cause a stamped."

He then nods to his High Factorum, "We've certainly used a great deal of resources, but to quote an ancient Terran adage, 'He who dares, wins'. I believe there is profit to be made here, and I will need everyone here to make that happen."

He gestures to the group again as he finishes, giving a bright smile, before swinging back round to look at the tiny point of light that represented the Naval Monitoring station. "Have we been able to raise the Station?" He asks the bridge in general.

mr1135
2013-10-04, 05:20 PM

Moving at a tireless pace, the Magos finally arrives at the bridge. Pausing to adjust himself to the well lit environs, he lifts the hood off and nods a greeting to the High Factotum before bowing before the Captain. With little augmentation visible on his face aside from a few connection cables snaking out from the back of his head and into his robes, the Enginseer Prime differ little from those around him.

<Captain Quintilli, we have comple...>

Realizing his mistake in mid sentence, he abruptly halts his burst in binary. Reaching up with his hand, he massages his jaw before resuming.

"Excuse my error Captain. It's been a few cycles since I've spoken in anything but binary. As I was saying, we've completed a thorough check of our systems during our transit and the relevant reports have been uploaded onto your lectern. In short, the Venator Notoria is fully functional and is in excellent shape. Its Ancient Machine Spirit is most eager to begin our journey."

Reaching into his voluminous robes the takes out a Dataslate and hands it to the Captain as he completes his report.

"A copy for you to peruse at your leisure."

Taking a step back, Maximilian takes in the scene around him. The new crew has been assembled, and what a varying skill set the Quintilli has gathered.

Perhaps now would be a good time...

Reaching his hands into his robes once more, he extends a thin cable from his wrist and connects it to the dataslate with the reports on the new personnel that was given to him days back. After all, it would be embarrassing if he were to address one of these individuals by the wrong name. Things would be so much more efficient if they were all noospheric capable.

DrK
2013-10-05, 04:20 AM
Lucius

The navigator leaves the sealed chambers, entering his code to seal the doors again behind lest a foolish crewman try and sneak in and damage the delicate and archaic equipment that allows a Navis to communicate and guide a ship through the maelstrom of the warp.

THe doors of the transport tube slide open quietly as he stares coldly at the two guards who briefly challenge him until he raises the hood of the rich purple robes revealing a strange pale hairless face, glittering reddish eyes and needle sharp teeth, and above that the 3rd eye dominating the centre of his pale forehead. The eye closed tightly but still seeming to shimmer slightly with the power of the immaterium behind it.

Advancing onto the bridge he briefly pauses to scrutinise the scene, inured to the shivers of the crew or those that make the sign of the Emperor and step away from him. He was used to the disdain and fear that the ordinary humans had for the Navis. A brief snarl with his teeth gets the last of the armed guards out his way before he can approach the Captain and the smattering of other senior officers.

Flicking his hood back up to cover the warp eye he gives the Captain a low bow. "Lord Captain. The warp transit has been completed. The journey proved satisfactory I hope? The immaterium, she was quiet and was not hungry for souls today."

Looking about the bridge his pale eyes see the Navigation stations. "If you wish Lord Captain I may be of assistance plotting the system, I may have some knowledge of this place."

Lore Expanse [roll0] TN 51
Lore Navy [roll1] TN 51

Seeing the Explorator on the bridge Lucius smiles slightly, never able to understand the strange obsession the red robed creatures had for the machine. Especially compared to the beauty and majesty of the warp, although he heard rumours of certain forbidden Mechanicus that had similar interests, though this one... He had not spoken with this one enough yet. "My compliments Master Enginseer. The vessels performance was exemplary. He is a fine vessel."

Listening to the conversations he stares out at one of the viewing windows, a letting his warp sense wander searching for any other recent trails but to no avail. The ripples in real space caused by their own arrival distorting the fabric of space time and obscuring any trace of others that may be there.

Monivey
2013-10-05, 03:11 PM
The Passenger Decks

Scotty slowly makes his way through the mass of humanity. The colonists have wasted no time in making their decks feel like home. Makeshift stalls and carts sell all manner of wares, their owners calling out prices. A group of overmuscled men sit in a corner, rolling dice and drinking. A stout woman shouts out hymns, going largely ignored by passersby, though occassionally one tosses a coin in her direction. An old man with two crude bionic arms has attracted a large crowd, telling old war stories,

"So the greenskins had us surrounded, and I was down to my last charge pack..."

Children shove their way through the crowd, giggling as they play some game. An old lady with a dignified air about her sits on a rations crate, reading a book and sipping something from a porcelain cup. A trio of buxom young women beckon to Scotty.

"Want to come back to our place? We take gelt, booze, or ammo as payment."

You want to explore the stalls? Talk to somebody? Look for anything in particular?

The Bridge

Junior officers scramble about, working to achieve the orders of their superiors. Auguries continued to return nothing but clusters of asteroids and gas, in addition to the navy station itself. Those with a keen eye would notice the station was positioned to minimize scanner distortion from these phenomena, allowing it to keep an eye on all angles of approach.

Shortly after hailing the station, the vox crackles to life with a mechanically rendered voice.

<Vessel claiming to be the Venator Notoria: State your intentions, by order of the Imperial Navy. Vessel claiming to be the Venator Notoria: Proof of identity will be required. Approach the station and bring a detachment of senior bridge staff aboard.>

I didn't bother putting together a map of this system, but there really isn't much going on here aside from the station itself. Other systems will provide a map at this stage.

Talk amongst yourselves if you like, and decide who's going to the station. If you don't want to go, you can join Scotty amongst the passengers or find something else to do aboard ship.

You don't detect any warp trails, though the immaterium is known to be particularly murky in the area. You don't know much about the system or its personnel that isn't common knowledge, though you're familiar with the general type of installation (Wayfarer Station, p210 core).

Most of those wouldn't require rolls outside of combat, aside from the augury, which won't return anything interesting in this case.

You're familiar with the general type of station you're dealing with (the wayfarer station of p210 core), though you know the particulars of their design can vary widely. If you want to go aboard, you'll have the option of docking or taking a shuttle over.

Revanus
2013-10-05, 04:04 PM
Hephsed calmly glances at Quintus.

As High Factotum, Hephsed was often fully entrusted to represent the commercial interests of Lord-Captain Quintilli and their attached Warrant of Trade, and such liberty sometimes necessarily merged with diplomatic and political representation.

However, with the Rogue Trader himself present, Hephsed noted that the traditional chain of authority was blurry.

"Lord Captain--would you care to offer the reply, or would you prefer for me to make the first introduction and assemble our greeting party?"

Viper9090
2013-10-05, 07:42 PM
The captain gestured to vox station with a small gesture "Of course Mr Reik, this is your area of expertise, with the navy as with matters of trade. Make them aware of our identity and tell them we will be coming aboard personally via shuttle presently, although let's not play our hand too early, let them guess what we are after here, it will save them scheming in the meantime. Then have the hanger bay get my personal cutter ready along with a couple of furies for escort and some guards to accompany us. I'll leave the details to you and Augustus, I'm sure you'll think of something appropriate when visiting a naval monitoring station."

He then turns to the helm personnel "Bring us to standard station keeping around the naval base, then take the engines down to an idle state. I'm sure our Maritain colleagues are dying to give them a good looking over." He says, sharing a small smile with them as they get to work.

He then turns back to the group, "Lets get ready to meet some of our soon to be stellar neighbors. Master Cassini, Magos Gearhart, would you please join me in my study, I have a few things I would like to discuss before we leave."

With that he steps away from the command throne, gesturing to the Magos and the navigator before making his way out of the bridge, his long strides causing his ever present jacket to sway.

He calls back "You have the deck Mr Reik, Let us make our first bold steps!" His laugh falls away as he leaves the bridge.

mr1135
2013-10-05, 08:08 PM

Hearing footsteps approaching the Captain's dias as he completed his report, Maximilian promptly moves out of the incoming figure's way toward the data lecterns nearby. What follicles he had left on the flesh parts of his body stood on end as the man brushed by, accompanied by an unsettling sensation throughout his person. Accessing the inloaded information from the slate, he cross correlates his observations of the individual with the data within.

<subject: navis nobilite/house cassini/cassini, lucius.
classification: mutant/Homo Navigo.
observation: ocular colouration outside of norm, sharpened incisors.
supplemental query: additonal mutations?
post revision: addendum within acceptable parameters.>

Ah...so that is our new Navigator Primaris.

Upon hearing the psyker's comment, the Magos looks towards him in confirmation.

"Indeed it is. Though ancient beyond mortal comprehension, the Venator Notoria is a relic that boasts wonders from an age of greater technological enlightenment. Many of which unfortunately are now lost to even our greatest forges."

At the end of the last sentence, the Enginseer bows his head gently and interlocks his hands in front of his chest to form the symbol of the Omnissiah. Turning away from the Navigator, the Magos withdraws his hands once more into the folds of his robe and closes his eyes in a moment of contemplation.

For every lost bit of knowledge is a new opportunity for discovery. We will return to our former glory...we must.

Maximilian straightens hearing the Captain's command. Utilizing his internal vox, he sends a confirmation ping to the Magos Enginarium as well as Enginseer Lysenko in preparing the final stages of the maintenance examination. Without pause, he follows swiftly behind him towards the study.

ChaoticSky
2013-10-05, 08:38 PM
Deep in the bowels of the ship one could find the Lower Brig... there wasnt actually a 'higher brig', the loftier memebers of the crew tened to behave themselves, and when they didnt it usually resulted more symbloic or permanent punishments, such as flogging or demotion. For the rest, when regulations where defied repditively, they got time in the Brig. The warden of said bring was a very particular indavidual, not the sort of person you would expect to see on a human vessel... a Eldar. A Dark Eldar.

On this particular day, Nathi followed behind the old man who delievered the food, whome she had named Gimp (not that he didnt already have a name, she just didnt care to use it) as he ladled out the slop from his pot into the prisoner's bowls, cell after cell, until they reached a certain pair that she had selected for the day, and reached out a hand to halt his near-mechanical repetition, “No, not these two.” she told him, and the man stared at her for a moment, as if confused, before nodding and carrying on, past the two cells. Naturally the occupants protested, begging and lunging for the man as he wandered by, but he, was from long experience, exactly out of reach, and didnt so much as twitch to give any indication that he had heard them. She had done this before, not recently, but they well knew what was coming next. Nathi held up the tray in her hands a smirk on her lips, and savoured the fear radiating off them as they went pale.

With a flourish she pulled the dome-top off the tray, revealing a pair of plates, with jucy well cooked steaks on them, medium rare, marinated, a dozen different herbs and spices, steam still wafing from them, a side of hot potatos and garlic. It was slop she wouldnt feed a slave, but it was what passed for rich fare among humans, she took one plate off the tray, and set it on the floor, a flick of her foot sent it skittering into the first cell, and she repeated the process with the other. The men did not dive on the meat though, in fact they flattened themselves up against the rear walls of their cells. Nathi smiled in amusement “No fugus this time boys~” she teased them, her voice a high lithing tilt that might have been cute if not for the hard streak of her accent, which she was given to understand qualified as 'malicious sounding' to human ears. With that said, she sat down on the floor in front of the cells, and just grinned at them, "Of course, you wont get any food until you eat that."

It was a little game she liked to play. One of many. Shed read everything written about fear shed been able to get her hands on, eldar, human or otherwise. Most of it was so depressing to read, fear wasnt a static state, or even a unreasoning one, far from the scarlet ebb of agony, terror was like a rainbow of sensation to her, a entire spectrum of possibility and flavour. Pain scaled, but there was no variety, cutting someone on the arm is no different than skinning them alive, just a matter of intensity. It was such a bore, Nathi truly could not understand why her kin seemed to prefer it so. No, in terror there was real potential for artistry, for variety, and she didnt have to compromise her fighting arts to do it either. Of course, fear was her art, and it was something she understood very well, you cant keep someone afraid all the time, they go numb, dull... the fear loses its edge, so ironically, to truely scare people... you had to make them feel safe, most of the time. This was the genius to her methods as warden. Everyone got theirs, sometimes more than once, but those who misbehaved got it more often than most, the rest... could relax, knowing they were safe for another day, all the while seeing the results of her handiwork on others as a object lesson in the virtues of obeying their master's laws. Early on she had great success with letting a person think they had escaped... only to drag them into hell at the last possible second... but they had caught on fast, and wouldnt leave their cells anymore even if she left the door open. Disappointing, but like all setbacks, it merely encouraged innovation.

This one was one of her current favourites. Two meals to fit a king, better than they probably had ever have had in their lives, so tempting. Of course, one of the two was tainted. The last time she had done this she used the spores of a fungus that had the man writhing in agony as he tried to scratch himself to bloody ribbons, of course, a dash of muscle relaxer prevented that, the Captain was very clear about his feelings on her maiming her... charges. She liked to think of it as a challenge. So the man had spent the night writhing in agony, too limp to give himself even a tiny amount of relief from the insane itch. Of course, she was long gone by then, the pain didnt interest her, it was what came before... the fear, the trepidation, the fear as they tried to cajole or threaten the other into eating theirs first, the slow panic of realizing that, sooner or later, one of them was going to have to take a bite... and the knowledge that whatever it was... starving to death would be worse. Mhm exquisite~

Several hours later Nathi wandered out, pleased and sated, her victim having passed into a fitful slumber as the nightmare toxin ran its course. Yes, she thought, this had been much better, the mans blind terror as he flailed away at phantoms only he could see had been a treat after the main event, and the relief flooding from the man in the next cell over as he savoured the steak had provided a brilliant contrast. Yes, she was quite pleased with how that turned out, and resolved to work the nightmare toxin into more of her future antics. She was considering retiring to one of the many dark places on the ship to practice her fighting arts, but her ponderings were disturbed by the sudden blaring of the translation alarms, followed by the violent tremors as the ship translated back into realspace, and felt the phantom tug of She Who Thirsts on her soul, souring her mood. Manics, these monkeigh, all of them, to travel through the Warp, with only the thinnest barriers to protect them.

Infact, she was going to go and tell them so, and set out for the Bridge, pulling her hood up to hid her features... The crew all knew, but as amusing as it would be to chaise some of the fresh faced colonists around the dark corridors of the vessel, she didnt think shed get away with sending them screaming in every direction. Getting to the bridge took some time, but she easily avoided running into any of the colonists on the upper decks, melting into the shadows when she had to, fighting off the urge to jump out and go 'BOO!' ask they passed. When she did arrive she beelined for the captain, untill she came to a stop beside him, eyes narrowed. "Your all insane." she informed him, in what was by now her traditional post-warp greeting.

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-05, 08:52 PM
The Passenger Decks

Scotty slowly makes his way through the mass of humanity. The colonists have wasted no time in making their decks feel like home. Makeshift stalls and carts sell all manner of wares, their owners calling out prices. A group of overmuscled men sit in a corner, rolling dice and drinking. A stout woman shouts out hymns, going largely ignored by passersby, though occassionally one tosses a coin in her direction. An old man with two crude bionic arms has attracted a large crowd, telling old war stories,

"So the greenskins had us surrounded, and I was down to my last charge pack..."

Children shove their way through the crowd, giggling as they play some game. An old lady with a dignified air about her sits on a rations crate, reading a book and sipping something from a porcelain cup. A trio of buxom young women beckon to Scotty.

"Want to come back to our place? We take gelt, booze, or ammo as payment."

You want to explore the stalls? Talk to somebody? Look for anything in particular?

A lot of thoughts and vague memories rush through Scotty as he explores the passengers, and he's not too excited about the fact that they're there. The years of drug abuse followed by years of experimentation took their toll on his brain, and he's not too fond of things that change up his brain before he catches up to it.
The stout woman with the hymns reminds him of the forgemaster's hymns, and he briefly wonders what happened to the old coot when he left to take over Tower Twelve. The man with the bionic arms catches Scotty's respect for surviving whatever he did and his pity for having to replace his arms with such unworthy pieces of machinery. The children cause a mix of disgust and jealousy and a sort of strange peaceful feeling-such unabashed innocence can't last long in the Imperium, Scotty learned that first-hand, but maybe it's good that they enjoy it while they can? He's not sure. The old lady with the book? He remembers Tommy Two-Scar's grandma, she always had cookies ready when the delivery boys brought the makeshift painkillers to the nurseries.

And then the busty ladies. On the one hand, Scotty's a bit off-put by anyone who would offer themselves as young as him (especially as young as his twitch-mask makes him look)-prostitution was still well within the range of 'ew, cooties' when he was in charge of the Corpsers- but on the other hand, even being mostly machine, he is a 'young man' caught in the vile and merciless throes of puberty.

"I've got all three, ma'am" he gives a smile.

Revanus
2013-10-05, 09:38 PM
Hephsed nods to Quintus and heads over to Communications, picking up the handheld link to the ship-to-ship voxcaster.

"Midshipman Horel, open up a secure link with Harland's Retirement."

Once the connection was established, Hephsed brought himself up into a regal posture and spoke clearly into the vox.

<Message received and acknowledged. This is High Factotum Reik, of the Venator Notoria. Be informed that in addition to senior staff, the Lord Captain Lucius Flavius Quintus Quintilli, of the Illustrious House Quintilli, will be honoring Harland's Retirement with a personal visit. A formal reception befitting his rank and stature will be expected. An Honor Guard selected from our fighter squadrons will escort us to your station. Expect our arrival within two standard hours. The Emperor Protects. Acknowledge?>

Revanus
2013-10-05, 09:39 PM
Charm:
[roll0] vs. 75 (55+10 (formal)+10 (peer--military)

DrK
2013-10-05, 09:45 PM
Lucius Cassini

The navigator nods at the Captain's request. At once Lord Captain. It will be curious to see an old Wayfarer station.". As he moves to leave he bows to the Dark Eldar as she arrives and offers her traditional greeting he gives an equally formulaic reply, Well Milady, if you would direct us to one your portal gates we could relieve your worry.

Donan
2013-10-06, 03:05 AM
Augustus nods, swirling the tip of his mustache. "I'll see to it, we shouldn't disappoint our most gracious hosts after all." He laughs, murmuring quietly into his micro bead. Ten armsmen are called for, under orders to wear fully formal uniforms and not to disappoint. Inspections will be held.

As Nathi entered, his eyes went to her in study of her movements and innate grace. There was no lust in his gaze, even if there was admiration. It wasn't a warm admiration though, but more the look of someone considering a potential acquisition. After a moment he calmly turned his gaze to the viewscreen again.

"Naval stations tend to be tidy places, they won't be many back channels for us to dance through here, so I'm thinking impressing the man in charge will be even more important then normal.

Viper9090
2013-10-06, 05:38 AM
"And hello to you as well Nathi." Quintus says pausing as he leaves. "Do have a look at the system charts whilst we approach for anything we may have missed. Mr Reik can bring you up to speed on the details."

He smiles again at the Mistress of his Brig, then continues out the door "Come gentlemen, we have much to discuss."

He leads the Navigator and Magos off the Bridge deck and down two levels, slightly further down the ships tower. This floor was restricted to the captain and his senior staff, as it contained his personal apartments, along with his study/office, his own dining area/banquet hall (Including private galley), a personal training room and a host of other sundries that a scion of a Noble house would need on a long voyage. His trophy rooms were on the floor below, but that was more like a museum for senior staff and crew to observe the glories of House Qunitilli then his own private rooms.

As the trio entered the study they saw a long, rectangular room, gently lit. The floor was lined with plush carpet, the two side walls were lined with shelves and bookcases (along with discrete doors to access the other rooms of the apartments).

The rear wall was floor to ceiling armor-glass, looking out on the vast star field behind the ship, with the engines just viable beneath. The upper quarter of the window's mullions and transoms were shaped into the form of the double headed Aquila, the symbol of the Imperium.

The shelves were lined with obscure pieces of techno-archana, little curios and devices from before the Age of the Imperium. They were nothing of significant worth, but there was a fascinating mix of utilitarian beauty and the highly ornate objects on display behind sheets of armor-glass. Most were inert, statues of metal and wire, but some still glowed with soft light. The book shelves were filled with old scrolls and dusty tomes, most unmarked.

A large desk sat a the end of the room, dark wood with some sort of leather as the top, which was currently supporting a large pile of dataslates. It had the Quintilli crest etched into the front, and a large, well upholstered leather seat at the rear. The desk faced the rest of the room, with the star field behind it.

The captain sat in the chair with a little sigh, then gestured to two seats before the desk, slightly smaller but still well upholstered. "Please gentlemen, sit." He grabbed the first dataslate off the pile and gave it a glance, then rolled his eyes and put it back.

He then focused on the pair again with a slight smile, "Well gentlemen, you've been aboard the Venator for a short while now, how are you both settling in?"

Revanus
2013-10-06, 10:08 AM
"Well-read, Master of Arms! Indeed, making an impactful impression is of the highest priority. Select your best men for the honor guard. Additionally, if you can reach Wing Commander Hauptmann, he should prepare a fighter escort and ready the Lord Commander's vessel--he will be piloting it personally."

Hephsed turns to the Dark Eldar, his face a mask of polite indifference.

"Warden, if you would accompany me to Navigation..."

Indicating with his hand the direction of the large hololithic display surfaces, Hephsed began to walk. He did not bother to look back or wait for Nathi, as he had heard that such displays of concern were often taken as veiled insults among Dark Eldar culture.

Instead, as he walked, he activated his microbead in a direct link to Nathi, so as to avoid wasting time.

"In truth, I suspect our charts are rife with inaccuracy and distortion. If you are familiar with the area, your input would be welcome."

DrK
2013-10-06, 03:23 PM
Lucius Cassini

The navigator follows the Captain into the lush chambers that he occupied. As the Captain sat down Lucius paused, staring out of the armour-glass at the starscape beyond. A strange rainbow glimmer of warp light suffusing the window as his warp eye stares out of into the space beyond the system outside. Listening to the Captain's words he spins around, the warp eye closing shut once more.

"Quite satisfactory Captain. The immaterium was smooth for the voyage and after this I shall begin to chart the system. Mayhap I can find a new passage for the warp transit or a rich moon for you and my own house within this system."

Looking back at the window he nods sagely. "I shall have to spend time in the librarium with your permission Lord Captain.".

"As to now, If you'll excuse me Captain I had best return to my quarters for my finery and my side arm to make a good impression aboard the station."

Viper9090
2013-10-06, 06:16 PM
The captain raises an eyebrow, but nods to the navigator "Indeed, we want to looking the part when we proceed to the station. Do be ready to inspect any navigation charts the Navel personnel can provide. You can go, we will see you again shortly." He gestures to the door with another smile as he waits for the younger man to leave.

mr1135
2013-10-06, 07:03 PM

Standing unnaturally still beside Lucius, the Magos spends a few moments quietly admiring the Archeotech trinkets in room. If the Quintilli's are as staunch admirers and determined procurers of Archeotech as they are rumored to be, then it would seem that he had indeed chosen adequately. Though more observation will be necessary, it would be hard to think that any being that holds such appreciation for the hallowed technology of the Omnissiah, blessed be his name, would be against the idea of reviving the might that humanity had one wielded...perhaps even in the light of his own decided methods...

The Magos Explorator begins the moment the door closes behind Lucius.

"Just as our Cassini Navigator had reported Captain, both myself and the Mechanicus personnel aboard are functioning most efficiently. Though I had found several minor errant behavioural issues in the tertiary cognators and a handful of system slaved servitors, they attribute to only 0.389% loss in Venator Notoria's overall effectiveness. A testament to its Machine Spirit's tenacity and is a clear indication that can only be attributed to the continued devotion the Quintilli Dynasty has demonstrated to it over the generations. A fact that the Adeptus Mechanicum will not soon forget.

Pausing for but a fraction of a second, Maximilian receives and acknowledges the return ping from Engineer Lysenko via their noospheric connection from his earlier notification. Subconsciously taking his left hand out of his robes and touching the Opus Machina handing from his neck, he continues speaking once more as if he had never stopped at all.

"Though it has been several Terran years since I have served upon a non-Mechanicus vessel, I must say that this experience is one well appreciated. As a Magos of the Adeptus Mechanicus residing on a Forge World, It is often easy to forget the other facets within the Imperium of Man. Being able to once more interact with those outside my order has been... a most interesting experience. If you will permit me, I would like to request...as it is often said by those outside the Mechanicum, the honour in accompanying you onto the way-station. That said, if you wish for myself to personally oversee the reconsecration of the Enginarium and other subsystems, then I will remain on board as ordered."

Monivey
2013-10-07, 04:43 AM
Scotty

The trio led Scotty through a bulkhead, making a couple quick turns through hallways, taking emergency stairways up several decks. The hubbub of the colonists began to subside, replaced by the pulsating hum of oxygen circulators and the rhythmic clanging echoing from distant the manufactory decks.

"We have a secret little place, not much further now.", the lead girl said, as they came up to a large bank of service turbolifts.

Trying to keep track of his position in the ship, he realized they were headed towards the staterooms, where the richer passengers had been quartered. The girls had a key to a room just off the lifts. Turning the lock, the girls pull Scotty in...

And he finds the barrel of a pistol staring him in the face. It's being held by a fourth young woman. She was dressed much better than the others, with lace bunches around her shoulders and a necklace that looked like real gold, unlike the synthetic costume jewelry the others wore. She had the flawless skin and sculpted features found almost exclusively among the upper classes. In an unexpectedly friendly tone, she said,

"Welcome. Here's how this is gonna work. You pay in advance, you behave, and you don't tell anyone about this place, right?"

Giving the boy a once over, she turned to the lead girl, and raised her voice.

Iva, I told you not to bring any more of those tiny little Sepheris boys. Last one smelled like a drunk Ork and left behind bedbugs. You're looking for people with money, officers on the ship if you can snag one, someone with connections.

Turning back to Scotty, she resumed her friendlier tone.

"Sorry these girls misled you, honey. But we're tryin' to cater to those with a little more...stature. I trust this'll stay our little secret?"

Bridge

Hepshed's message was met with momentary silence, and a report from a junior officer that the station was conducting a scan of the ship. A few minutes after the pinging subsided, a response came through. This time, the voice was human, the voice of a young man.

<Indeed, He does protect. The Captain welcomes you aboard, and says it's been too long since he's had occasion to break out the good amasec. Your party will be received in landing bay #3 in two hours time.>

Keep talking to each other if you like. If you're ready, those of you going can go to the station.

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-07, 06:28 AM
Scotty

The insides of the ship are starting to become familiar to Scotty. Not too different from his forge world home, and his main place of work, they're almost comforting, until he gets pulled into an area of fine decor. Tower Twelve had been trashed when he finally took control, and he still wasn't used to the seneschal who had bought him treating him so...well...well. He's more focused on the women, though. Some of the less than savoury holos he'd stolen from previous owners had gotten his hopes up, and a variety of possible (though terribly acted) scenarios run through his head

His train of thought is interrupted by a pistol in his face. He almost lunges straight forward, arm blade lashing out at his captors, but then he realizes he isn't a prisoner, and that this woman seems to think him one of the colonists. He hasn't been found out.

Scotty smiles. It's a large grin, and would be rather adorable if he didn't reach into his jacket's folds and retrieve one of his inferno pistol's melta canisters and a pouch of thrones any of the ratings would have a hard time acquiring unless they could go a few years without eating. It might not be much compared to how much this woman reels in, though, considering her attire.

"I'm pretty good at keeping secrets, ma'am, pinky promise," he says, "Though I could go take a shower first, if you'd prefer. If you tell me why you know what a drunk greenskin smells like, I've never even met one up close."

DrK
2013-10-07, 02:30 PM
Lucius Cassini

The navigator nods and smiles at the Captain and retires quickly to his quarters where he grabs his sceptre of rank and his side arm, buckling that on over his finest robes.

That done he marches purposefully down towards the flight decks that span the entire width of the vessel. Joining the assembled party he approaches the hulking arch militant, "Which channel are the vox being tuned to. In case something happens I would appreciate the ability to call some of these fine armsmen for help." The effort to be friendly is slightly hampered by the grin of razor sharp teeth but he is attempting to be friendly.

As he waits for the others he surveys the Captain's personal launch and the furies that will be forming the escort. He glances up at the pilot of the lead Fury, "What is it like Pilot, to be so clos to the void? With only a thin sheet of plasteel instead of tones of adamantine?"

Viper9090
2013-10-07, 04:05 PM
The captain gave a another smile, this one wider, "I'm glad to hear you approve Magos. The Venator has been in the Quintilli for 500 years and it is an honour to captain her."

He leaned back in his seat. "I appreciate you may not have traveled the void as much as some of my crewmen, but my colleagues in the Mechanicus have told me good things about your work. I'm sure you will do well here, and it is a great coincidence that you ask to join us on the station, I was about to ask you join us myself."

He lets out a quick laugh, "I've always found the company of an Adept of Mars refreshing when dealing with the Navy, so if you are willing do let Mr Reik know so he can include you in whatever he is planning."

The captain pauses a moment, then stands and turns his back to the Magos, not meaning any offence but actually regarding the stars that shine beyond the reinforced panes.

"The Durada Cluster," he says, "A new frontier for the Quintilli. What do you know about it Magos Gearheart, from the standpoint of the Adeptus Mechanicus?"

Revanus
2013-10-07, 04:27 PM
Hephsed glances back at Communications.

"Midshipman Horel, convey our appreciation."

He then continues to engage with Nathi in polite discussion over the star maps.
-------
Later on:

Hephsed arrives at the hangar bay. He is clad in his best formal clothing, accentuated by his enforcer light carapace armor. While he does not expect trouble, carapace armor carries a certain distinguishment of rank among many in the military. Under everything, his synskin clings to his body, providing a last line of protection and concealment--though Hephsed is mainly wearing it because he does not make a habit of leaving behind valuables.

Beneath his cameoline cloak, a finely worked bolter is visible--almost a relic. Only careful scrutiny might reveal the additional bolt pistol at his hip, while Hephsed's Inferno pistol is carefully concealed.

As he arrives, he nods at the Navigator.

mr1135
2013-10-07, 06:28 PM

"One moment Captain."

The Magos pauses for a few seconds, delving into the vast library of stored information within the miniaturized datastacks encased within his body. Sifting through the various reports he was able to inload before leaving his Forge World, he picks out several worth noting before resuming to speak with the Captain.

"The Adeptus Mechanicus has lead several forays into the Koronus Expanse over the century, though only a few of the Exploratory Fleets were ever sent to specifically map the Durada Cluster itself. An early expedition which took place before M40 had mapped much of the area, though the subsequent data was destroyed carelessly by Rak'Gol raiders. Though that will not aid us in our travels, it does suggest that perhaps we may come across signs and/or equipment left behind in our travels. Aside from the information we have already obtained, much of which already comes from existing Mechanicus sources, there is little else for myself to add at this time.

One important fact that must be mentioned however is that rogue Mechanicus elements do exist within the expanse. Known heretek cells are suspected to operate from within this area. Though the probability of encountering them may be astronomically low, a prized vessel such as the Venator Notoria may pique their interest. It is most unfortunate that the Mechanicus currently lack the forces necessary in the Koronus Expanse to permanently erase them and their erroneous ways."

The Magos' eyes follow the gaze of the Captain into the void past the large panes of glass.

"In any case, just as the Navigator had noted himself, I too had best go prepare for our excursion. I shall leave you to your thoughts Captain."

Intertwining his fingers to form the Omnissiah's Cog, Maximilian takes a small bow before turning to leave.
---

Moving quickly, he sends a message to Enginseer Lysenko as he proceeded to the Mechanicus armoury attached to the Manufactorum. Within, he advises his adjunct of his imminent departure and to add checking the integrity of the armour-glass in the Captain's study onto the maintenance list.

An entire bulkhead replaced with armour-glass...a sight you would never witness on a Mechanicus ship Gearhart.

Activating the nearby servitors as he enters the chamber, they immediately begin to assemble and aid the Magos in donning his regalia. Chattering binaric litanies to the Omnissiah as they moved to and fro, they start by placing parts of the red and gold laced Enforcer-class Light Carapace onto Maximilian beneath his robes. Toggling the Hellpistol concealed within his bionic arm, he quickly checks to make sure its fully charged before the attendants return with his newly re-sanctified Auspex and Opus Machina.

Perhaps an application of physical presence would be appreciated in this endevour...

Adjusting the intricately wrought symbol of the Martian Technocracy hanging off his neck, he sends a command through the noosphere toward the command lectern nearby. A slight hissing sound can be heard as the nearby armoured locker opens and from within a lithe servitor promptly exits. Modified to his designs, the labotomized guardian lacks the large gun augments many of its contemporaries wields. Instead, this combat-class servitor has a finely tuned hellgun intergrated directly into its left arm. Its right hand flexing and crackling with electricity as it automatically runs a basic diagnostic of its various systems. Swivelling its head and scanning the entirety of the room with its ocular implants, it lowers its readied weapons once the environs were deemed safe.

<Magos Maximilian Gearhart Secundus recognized. Ready to receive command.>

<Command:Escort/Threat Mode:Tertius, do to engage unless countermanded.>

Without another thought the Magos turns to exit the room, his servo-skull hovering over his right shoulder and the combat servitor flanking him a few paces back on his immediate left.

Viper9090
2013-10-07, 07:12 PM
The captain absorbs information from the Magos and nodded as the Adept spoke, still facing the window. "Thank you Magos, of course you may go and prepare, I will see you on the flight deck."

H remained where he was standing after Magos left, still observing the stars, as if he could peer right through the void that separated them and see every detail of the systems that orbited them.

His posture was more relaxed now, as was his expression, the constant smiles no longer touching his face, with a weariness creasing his eyes now. It was always like this after travelling through the warp, with dark dreams haunting him every step of the way, denying him a full rest.

As the time ticked on the bridge called his office vox, telling him when they were due to leave. It broke his revive, and after responding he left through a side door, passing along a hall to his dressing room. Here he changed his shirt and jacket for fresh copies, wanting to seem clean and fresh when over there, going so far as to splash his face with chilled water to bring a little colour back to his cheeks.

Once he had redressed he strapped on his Archeotech las pistol Lingua Serpentis and Power sword, both to his left side for easy access, you never knew when trouble could occur. He left his armour and plasma pistol, wearing those was less preparing for trouble and more an insult to his hosts' hospitality. He also tied a sash over his practical leather belt, giving another dash of bright red an blue to the gaudy gold of his formal 'uniform'. Rogue Traders had an image to maintain, even if it was very impractical.

----

He finally made it down to the hanger, although he still had some time yet before liftoff. "Ah, Mr Reik. Glad to see you hear early." He also nodded to the Magos and the navigator whilst smiling to his High Factoram. "I imagine the rest of our party is arriving soon, I trust everything arranged with the Station?"

Revanus
2013-10-07, 08:24 PM
Hephsed nods.

"Indeed. Our fighter escort and honor guard has been confirmed. We should expect to dine with Captain upon arrival. We should arrive perfectly on time."

Monivey
2013-10-08, 11:02 AM
The Shuttle
The pilot appears startled, partly surprised to be addressed directly, but mainly by the navigator's fearsome visage. Taking a moment, he answers:

"Sir, there's nowhere I'd rather be than on my bird. To be honest, sometimes life on the ship doesn't seem all that different than what they say hive life's like, nothing but metal and artificial light. Maybe our food's better, I don't know.

But being out here, with just that thin skin of plasteel, feels different. I'm in control, I'm experiencing the stars with my own eyes and hands. It feels...more free."

As the others trickled into the bay, the shuttle pilot finished his pre-flight checks, and kicked the powerful engines into gear.

Everybody ready to go? Arrival post will be up later today or tomorrow.

To your knowledge, two explorator fleets have documented the Cluster.

Magos Speigel allegedly passed through the area in one of the earliest expeditions into the Expanse. However, while returning to the Lathes, Speigel's fleet was ambushed by the Rak'Gol, and nearly all their records were destroyed. While preparing for this expedition, many sources claimed to be based on Speigel's data. Even a cursory knowledge of astrography was enough to determine these were blatant forgeries.

Magos Oph's expedition, over two decades ago, was responsible for charting the route from Fleet Base Metis to what would eventually become Harland's Retirement. He was pursuing rumors of ruins from the early Imperium, but grew frustrated with the tumultuous warp currents impeding travel, and quickly opted to pursue more promising leads elsewhere in the Expanse. Their data forms the largest portion of the information you currently have on the cluster, though the astrographic data collected by the Navy will likely be more detailed.

Monivey
2013-10-08, 11:17 AM
The woman's eyes grow wide at the bag of coins, and she lays her pistol down.

"Well, aren't you an enterprising little man."

Extending a hand, she continues, "The name's Miriana D'Ebi. Maybe we can do business. What's your game? You're not selling obscura, are you? That brings more trouble than it's worth."

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-08, 12:24 PM
Scotty
"No, ma'am. I've seen what Obscura can do to people," Scotty shakes her hand with his real one, not sure if the synth-skin could conceal the feeling of the bionic arm beneath it.

"'M Scotty, ma'am. Scotty Rivercraft. Security chief's kid. I was just checking out the passengers and one of your...erm...friends called me over and...uh..."

Scotty scratches at the back of his head, embarrassed. It's not really easy for an ex-ganglord to admit he's never even kissed a girl. Not that you can blame him, though. Being strapped to operating tables for most of puberty tends to ruin one's chances with the ladies.

He briefly entertains the thought that maybe he should have tried to learn more about what these people need an officer for before lying about being the son of one.

Viper9090
2013-10-08, 05:37 PM
"Well then," says the captain as the pilot begins his prep, "Let us be off gentlemen." He leads the group up the Cutters ramp, proceeding to one of the cabin seats close to the cockpit before sitting, adjusting his weapons not to catch in the seat as he sits.

Revanus
2013-10-10, 12:02 AM
Hephsed finds a seat immediately across from Quintus, sitting down smoothly--camo cape blurring the outlines of his movement.

mr1135
2013-10-10, 05:20 PM

Arriving at the shuttle last, he enters and promptly nods an acknowledgement to the others before directing his servitor to the seat by the ramp. Unlike those whom have already seated, the Magos is visibly unarmed aside from the servitor at his side. Directing the combat servitor to strap in close to the mouth of the ramp, he moves himself over to the secondary controls and maintenance lectern in the passenger hold before strapping himself in.

As the shuttle begins its taxi over towards the way-station, he connects himself to the cutter via the MIU port. The pilot's earlier statement is correct in a sense. The freedom to soar through the void in the swift wings of this machine very different than being in the vast holds of a cruiser. Though small for a capital ship, the Venator Notoria in comparison lumbers through space as it carries with it its cargo of several thousand souls. Without further thoughts, Maximilian begins to gently cant a litany of benediction to sooth the Machine Spirit as they exit like a babe from the womb of the light cruiser.

Monivey
2013-10-11, 03:24 AM
Harland's Retirement

The shuttle arrives at the station without incident. You file into the landing bay, flanked by your escort, to meet your hosts.

About three dozen naval armsmen in dress uniforms line your path, weapons at their sides. Each one has the youthful, eager demeanor of one new to the Navy.

They are joined by your hosts. Captain Harland, standing front and center, wears an immaculate uniform. Those familiar with the Navy will notice he is much more highly decorated than might be expected for this position. His face retains a jovial quality, despite the best efforts of juvenat treatments to extinguish all expression. While he still has broad and powerful arms, a bulging stomach reveals a man going to seed.

He is joined by two others, a man and a woman, each wearing the uniforms of lieutenants. The woman has close cropped brown hair, and her left hand and eye have both been replaced by bionics. Her remaining eye shows no trace of emotion. The man, shaved bald, seems more excited.

Once you get within a few feet, Harland approaches, saying,

Honored Lord-Captain, the Imperial Navy welcomes you,, saluting.

As soon as the salute falls, he strides up and offers Quintus a firm, welcoming handshake, extending the offer to the other crew members as well. He beckons for the lieutenants to come closer.

"Welcome to my Retirement, friends! These are my chief aides. Field-Lieutenant Forstner serves as my XO," gesturing to the severe looking woman, "and First Lieutenant Forstner is my Master of Astrography. They're young, I know, but decent nonetheless. The rest will be at dinner, if you care to join us."

As pleasantries continue, Harland will begin to lead you through the station. The passageways are quiet, more so than you would expect for an outpost of this size. He keeps talking as they walk,

"Forstner's team is putting together what data we have about the cluster. I assume that's why you're here? I can't think of any other reason to be around these parts. We'll send them to your ship as soon as they're compiled."

Eventually you arrive in a dining salon. The tables of rich dark wood, and tall overstuffed chairs might pass for luxurious, if they were not virtually identical to those in every Naval station from here to Bakka. A number of junior officers are already present. You notice a number of older faces, who must have spent decades in the Navy, but yet again, also more freshly minted officers.

The captain gestures,

"Please, take a seat. We can get to business while we dine."

Ask questions or talk if you like on the way to dinner.

Scotty

Viper9090
2013-10-11, 04:43 PM
The captain smiles warmly as he approaches Captain Harland, accepting the salute with a nod then trading a strong handshake.

"Captain Harland, my thanks for welcoming us to your station. My I introduce my crew."

He gestured to the group "Mr Hephsed Reik, my High Factorum. Master Lucius Cassini, the Venator Notoria's chief navigator. Hounoured Magos Maximillian Gearhart Secundus, my Enginseer prime and Augustus Sathral Ramivov the Third of Calth."

He then allows the captain to speak, noting the youth of the Lieutenants and the fact their shared names, although he nodded to both politely.

He sets off alongside Captain Harland as the others behind. He nodds as the older Naval officer mentions the charts. "Very astute Captain, we would like to examine your charts, although if course we can talk of that later."

He has several questions at this point, but decides the course of the meal may be a better time to ask, so takes his seat and waits for the others to do the same.

"So captain, how long have you been manning this outpost, If I may ask?" Quintus says as Captain Harland sits.

Revanus
2013-10-12, 12:55 PM
Hephsed returns the Captain's handshake, and greets the two junior officers.

"May I inquire after your service histories?"

Charm:
[roll0] vs. 75 (85 if nobility)

Once they arrive at the dining room, Hephsed will sit directly next to Quintus.

DrK
2013-10-13, 05:24 AM
Tall and thin the navigator stalks along behind the Rogue Trader. A grin with his feral sharp teeth to startle the young Lieutenants before he offers a courteous bow to the imperial Captain.

"I look forward to seeing your charges of the region. Mine are out of date."

Sitting at the table he glances around and east sparingly and drinks little. The only question on his mind being a curt "Have you seen much xeno activity in the area of late?"

Monivey
2013-10-13, 04:48 PM
Scotty

Security chief, huh. That could work.

After a momentary pause, she continued.

You've learned, then, that it pays to have friends in high places. I had that for a time back on Malfi, before Madame von Tori found out about me, and frankly I'm looking to have that again. The ruling class of an entire planet is going to come into being on this ship, and I want to make sure I'm part of it. But its not likely I can do it alone. Trying to teach these girls how to meet men worth knowing. Maybe they did better than I gave 'em credit for.

Any chance of an introduction to your father?

Monivey
2013-10-13, 05:42 PM
Harland's Retirement

Well met, captain. I've been here fifteen years, ever since the Navy set up shop here.

The male Forstner answers Hepshed without hesitation, smiling.

"Sonia and I both served our last posting aboard the Hawk. Our captain banned fraternization between officers, but we persisted. We were both stripped of rank and assigned to admin duty for a while, before Captain Harland heard about us and requested our transfer. He married us himself.

Harland chimes in, grinning.
"The Hawk's captained by Victoria Horne, the admiral's sister. That family pushed me off my ship to make way for a man who married into their brood, so the way I see it, they have no business telling anyone who they can't marry. It helps that Sonia and Ivan both make great officers."

The female officer turns to the Navigator, seemingly undeterred by his smile.
Orkoid raiders have come through the system more than once. Tried a full assault on this station last year. Many stars in the cluster seem ideal for their physiology. There's astrography ideal for the Rak'Gol as well, and we suspect Eldar raiders are out there, but we have not been able to pinpoint a location.

As the party takes their seats, you notice a man at the far end of the table. You notice his empty eye sockets before the Telepathica sigil on his robes. He seems to be fixated on Lucius.

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-13, 05:52 PM
Scotty
"I'm not sure he'd be okay with the fact I was down here," Scotty says, "I mean...I...uh..."

He wipes his hand across his face, sighing.

"Alright, alright. You're not cultists or anything crazy, at least not obviously, so I shouldn't get in trouble if I tell you the truth. I'm not the security chief's kid, I'm...I dunno, some of them see me as a tool, some of them see me as some sort of pet, it's all weird. The fething seneschal bought me and now the bridge crew has me run errands and other wastes of my time, but really what I'm good at is sneaking around and grox-****ting my way out of trouble and that's about it unless you want someone dead. Got bored, decided to come down here and learn what I could about the passengers, saw your girls and...well..."

Scotty leans against a wall and knocks on his noggin a few times.

"Well I'm a fething idiot is all. I could probably get the seneschal to come down here if you'd like, he listens to me, treats me better than the previous ones did," Scotty peels back his synth-skin to reveal the bionic arm and gestures towards his empty eye socket. He doesn't actually want anyone to feel bad for him, and he'd never admit that his years with the mechanicus have left him terrified, but he's found that acting like it's some big sob story makes people more likely to give him free stuff sometimes.

Viper9090
2013-10-14, 03:19 PM
Captain Quintilli waits for both his party and Captain Harland's to finish seating themselves, then turns to look at Harland "Fifteen years, quite some time to spend in one patch of space. I'm not sure I could stand it myself. Do you get many visitors in this area?"

He notes the astropath's attention fixed on his Navigator, but chooses to focus on the captain for now.

Monivey
2013-10-14, 03:23 PM
Scotty
One of the girls rushes over to Scotty, trying to restrain him, making calming noises as she does so.

Miriana, meanwhile, is lost in thought. She darts over too her desk, shuffling through papers.

The seneschal? Name of Reik or Riker or something? That could work. But not a meeting here. No...

After another pause, she turned back to Scotty, sat in front of him, and took his hands in hers.

"Let's keep this place just for us. Come by any time they're getting too hard on you, or you just want to talk. But maybe you could set up a meeting sometime, put in a good word. And once we get wherever we're going, we can make sure people like us aren't ever tools or pets again.

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-14, 05:48 PM
Scotty

Being touched is a bit odd for Scotty, and he pulls his hands back after a moment, pulling his synth-skin back over his arm.
"You got it, Miss D'Ebi. Reik's the one who paid for me, he's smart enough to let me do what I'm good for. I'll see what I can't do about getting you an audience."

Scotty looks around the stateroom past the entrance, nodding at the luxuries within.

"Those plans of yours, though...You might not want to give me any sort of big spot in 'em. I don't really think I have a chance of fitting into a place like that any more, assuming I ever did. Forge World runts don't make the best nobility."

Miriana's being nice to him. Only Reik's ever nice to him, and from someone who isn't his 'employer', and a woman on top of that, Scotty considers deleting the remembrancer files in case anyone tries to get here. She did say to keep it secret.

Revanus
2013-10-15, 12:13 AM
Hephsed allows a small smile.

"Married, huh? Congratulations on finding happiness. I'd imagine it makes doing one's duty a bit less onerous to have a trusted partner so nearby."

He winks conspiratorially at Ivan.

"Speaking of duty, it's been my distinct displeasure to have been in the position of pouring over countless error-riddled star charts filled with bunkum. However, I'm sure your skill and access exceed my own humble abilities."

OOC:
Hephsed is looking to entice Ivan into revealing some info about what he knows/has, how much it might cost, etc.? I'm happy to make any relevant rolls.

Monivey
2013-10-15, 03:58 PM
Harland's Retirement

Ivan smiles back. "I'm flattered, but not surprised given the quality of what I've seen out there. Some of the charts for sale look like the work of children. We've got top of the line scanners and telescopes here, though. Once all the formalities are settled, I'll happily go over them with you all."

"Nothing you wouldn't expect." His wife continues, reciting mechanically, "In exchange for our data, you would be expected to report to the Navy about any planets you find, to further expand our records. Any sentient xenos life, or xenos you suspect may be sentient, in particular should be reported immediately. Any settlements you may found will be expected to provide tithe, and you are naturally prohibited from sharing any information we give you with enemies of the Imperium of Man. "

Paying no mind to his officers, the Captain "Quite a long time indeed. There's periodic resupplies, and the periodic patrol, but it's been quiet lately, so they're less frequent than they used to be. But I've made this place my own, taking on those lost in the Navy's morass like these two here. Helps that they send me those who could use some extra training. Plus, we have less formal ways to pass the time."

He snaps at one of the lieutenants further down the table, who scurries out of the room, returning a few moments later, carrying a tray with a large bottle, and a number of glasses. Harland takes it, and begins pouring shots. The liquid is thick and a vivid, opaque pink.

"Perce here supervises the hydroponic decks. Figured out how to make this from some of the tubers. Has a real kick to it. Anyone want a taste?" he asks, throwing one back himself.

Anyone taking a full shot (as opposed to a small taste) should make a Carouse test.

In a quiet, low voice, the astropath asks the navigator, "Will this be your first journey into uncharted territory?"

Viper9090
2013-10-15, 04:33 PM
Quintus smiles at the captain and takes an offered glass, "Of course, it is always my delight to visit new places and partake of their liquors." He smiles as he gives the glass an elegant sniff, then tosses the concoction back with one gulp.

Toughness test: Base target 34.
[roll0]

Edit: Someone take the Lord captain's car keys, looks like it may be bad night!

Revanus
2013-10-16, 11:17 PM
Hephsed smiles at the Captain and politely declines.

"Thank you, sir--but I'm afraid I'll pass. Back when I was a green Midshipman, I had a bad run in with some shipboard moonshine. Laid me out for a week in the infirmary. Ever since, my stomach won't let me touch the stuff."

Charm:
[roll0] vs. 75

DrK
2013-10-16, 11:34 PM
The Navis sits and eats sparingly, not altogether interested in a meal with minor functionaries. The attention of the astropath is disconcerting however. At the softly worded question Lucius shakes his head, No. I gave trodden many lost paths through the warp and seen worlds closed to mankind for millenia but never in this sector. Your charts will be fascinating to view.

Looking about he asks the astropath, Have many ships passed through here into the cluster?

When I see the charts...
Glimpse [roll0] TN 69
Nav Stellar [roll1] TN 61+15
Scholastic (astromancy) [roll2] TN 61

Monivey
2013-10-17, 12:29 AM
Scotty
Miriana smirks, still sorting through papers at her desk. "Oh honey, you have a lot to learn. Nobility isn't really about birth or blood, no matter what the preachers try to tell you. It's about opportunity and ambition. It seems to me you have the opportunity to do pretty much anything you want."

Turning back to him, she hands him one of the holotags used to access the luxury staterooms.

This will let you come and go from here as you will. You shouldn't have to sneak around the service turbolifts.

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-17, 12:37 AM
Scotty
Scotty takes the holotag and turns it over in his hand, staring at it as if he doesn't really understand what it is.

"Ambition..."

Scotty knows all about ambition. Ambition is squabbling louder than the other children so you get noticed, ambition is going out and killing a man just to prove you can, ambition is taking a bolt to the face and getting back up to slash the bastard who did it. Ambition got him here, ambition would take him farther.

He'd never serve anyone ever again when he was done. Cities would be his, worlds, underworlds, entire subsectors under his thumb. Yes...He could rule more than that squalid hovel the children made out of Tower Twelve.

A big smile crosses Scotty's face.

"Just tell me what you need, Ma'am."

Monivey
2013-10-17, 09:31 AM
"Suit yourself," Harland says to Reik. "I'll see that you leave with a bottle, should you change your mind."

Ivan ends up answering the Navigator. Fewer than we had expected. There was a big flurry of interest early on. One of the Winterscales thought they might do some expansion in this direction. He wasn't a patient man, though. Gave up after half a year.

Battlefleet Koronus has sent in a couple expeditions to nearby systems, where we thought the Orks might be, but they didn't find anything noteworthy. Just ordinary lifeless suns.

In the past eighteen months there were three Traders who made attempts. First was Hato's Chariot, a Vagabond transport. Captain Hato hasn't been in contact since.

"Damn fool. I bet my pension he stumbled blind into pirates. Common courtesy would have been to let us know where before they died," Harland said, as he poured himself another shot, with somewhat less dexterity than his first.

Ivan continued, rolling his eyes, Captain Paidi took his Permanence out eight months ago. Tried to go direct to system 5N, I believe. Not sure what he was after, but he didn't find it. Got lost in a big warp storm. By the time they got out, the ship was halfway to the Heathen Stars. Nobody else through here, but we're fairly certain there's other routes into the cluster. We just haven't found them yet.

After a third shot, Harland puts his hand around Quintus' shoulder and leans in, loudly whispering. "I'm sure you'll do better. Hato was a fop, and didn't show much sign of brains. Paidi had some Navigator who looked like a child with him. Can't imagine the girl had enough experience.

Anyway, someone fetch the paperwork, so we can get these good people their data. Must keep the bureaucracy happy."

Quintus will be asked to sign a thick stack of legal documents, detailing the same points Sonia raised earlier, namely:
in exchange for our data, you would be expected to report to the Navy about any planets you find, to further expand our records. Any sentient xenos life, or xenos you suspect may be sentient, in particular should be reported immediately. Any settlements you may found will be expected to provide tithe, and you are naturally prohibited from sharing any information we give you with enemies of the Imperium of Man.
If you want to keep asking questions, do so. When you're ready to make your goodbyes, we'll head back to the bridge and into the cluster.
On the Bridge

Naathi catches one of the Mon-Keigh looking at her nervously, reeking of fear and sweat. Usually that one kept her head down in the Wych's presence. After a few moments, she seems to find her courage, approaching and saluting the Eldar.

"Um...ma'am, we have reports of a theft down in Food Recycling Unit 27. It seems a group of mutants stormed in, took some amount of protein-starch blend. Two crewmen confirmed dead, maybe as many as nine. What are your orders, ma'am?"

Revanus
2013-10-17, 11:30 AM
Hephsed nods to the Captain.

"Much appreciated, sir."

He then turns to Ivan.

"I'm sure you know the charts as well as anyone. They can't all be lifeless systems. If you had to venture a guess, where would you wager some decent life might be found?"

Commerce:
[roll0] vs. 95

Viper9090
2013-10-17, 12:09 PM
Quintus glances through the legal papers, a bit blearily due to the alcohol.

Commerce check to identify any potentially dodgy clauses in what hi looks at. If not he signs it, if there is he will question the captain about it.

Commerce Test (target 55 unmodified): [roll0]

mr1135
2013-10-17, 12:16 PM

Sitting back and allowing the others to acquaint themselves, the Magos slowly samples the fare around him. Though he generally avoided the ingestion of the foodstuffs aside from the regular nutrient gruel and other for supplements someone as highly augmented as he is, he found that it generally helped lessen the disquietness most regular humans found around the adepts of the Mechanicum.

Looks to Captain Harland during a pause in the discussion and inquires without provocation.

"May I Captain?"

Reaching for one of the many tumblers of moonshine, Maximilian gives it a sniff before knocking it back nonchalantly.

Not sure if it's necessary, but I'll make a roll in any case.
Toughness: [roll0] vs TN45

And just to see how awkward he really is in doing all this, time to roll a charm test! Because let's face it, no matter how much a they may try, it's still going to be weird seeing a Cogboy do what they do.
Charm: [roll1] vs TN17 (Fel35/2)

mr1135
2013-10-17, 12:57 PM

With little to no observable reaction at all to the moonshine, the Magos places the shot back onto the table.

<Gastral Bionics: solution alcohol content at 72% - exceeding baseline ingestion recommendation. Neutralizing...>

Accessing: index/human/miscellaneous/social behaviour/nutrient intake...
Hmm...record shows that it is required to address the host after partaking. Alright, let's have a go.

"A most interesting concoction Captain. It has been many cycles since I have had ingested a solution with such a high alcohol content, much less one created in such a haphazard fashion outside of Mechanicus supervision. A most interesting experience. My thanks."

After the conversation begins one more around him in light of his somewhat awkward interruption, he continues to observe those around him until hearing of Ivan's account of past ships that have traversed the cluster.

"Lieutenant Forstner, in addition to the navigational data, could you provide us the scans your crew performed on the Rogue Trader ships? That is to say that if their crew were to have had met their demise in the grips of the pirates that plague this cluster, then it would be to our advantage if we were to encounter their captured ships during our travels."

Pausing for a moment as if in contemplation, he looks the man dead in the eyes before continuing, a bit of his vocal augmentation creeping into his flesh voice as he speaks.

"Furthermore, if we are indeed to encounter them, it would be a terrible slight if these hallowed machines were to remain in the hands of the such filth. Allowing their ancient spirits to be profaned by such abject abuse of their holy purpose would be a most heinous crime would you not agree?"

Giving a small cough to readjust his augment, his eyes linger on Forstner as he awaits the man's answer.

Revanus
2013-10-17, 01:15 PM
As Quintus begins to sort through the paperwork, Hephsed saunters over to help sort through some of the legal jargon and implications.

Commerce:
[roll0] vs 95

Revanus
2013-10-17, 01:16 PM
(Fate point reroll in OOC.)

Monivey
2013-10-19, 12:04 PM
Poring through the contracts, nothing particularly exciting crops up, though most of you quickly get lost in a sea of references to "Imperial Navy Code XXVI, Subsection 52," and "Administratum Code 635-54a, m39 revision."

Indeed, kill the bastards if you find them. Pope, get down to the archives. Find these good people their scans.

Sonia answers Reik, There is a Navy expedition being planned for system 4A, due to its proximity and potential habitability. The scheduling of the mission is currently classified.

"...and alwaysh getting poshtponed" the Captain chimes in, now slurring heavily.

Ivan, looking a little concerned at his drunk commander, pulls out a quill pen, "Um...yes. Let's get this document signed, and we'll get those files transferred."

Details on the ships will be in the OOC later.

DrK
2013-10-19, 04:46 PM
The Navis looks at the charts noting the swirling warp storm ravaging parts of the cluster. After studying the cluster he touches the microbead and whispers to the Captain and to the Navigation team aboard the Vox. "Planetary system 6J should be ideal. The route is clear, the sun is a Class G and there are 5 planetary bodies. It places in the heart of the most dense sun cluster of systems for further explanation."

Revanus
2013-10-19, 05:24 PM
Hephsed touches his own microbead, quietly whispering his response.

"Acknowledged and appreciated."

Monivey
2013-10-21, 12:46 AM
Phone post. Will fix format later. If you're ready to head to the bridge, the main group should be getting back soon. Otherwise, you can keep hanging out with settlers.
With a sly smile, Miriana responds. "Just that introduction, whenever you can manage it, for now. We can keep our own wheels turning from here. Once you know where we're settling, or who will be running the expeditions, let me know.

And if there's ever anything you need, you know how to find us." She says.

Viper9090
2013-10-21, 03:36 PM
Quintus is a little worse for drink, but he still managed to sign the contract. He has a few more drinks as the meal winds down.

As they finish the meal he continues to talk with Harland, but even in his drunken state realizes that the meal is over, and they should really be heading back to the ship with the charts.

He nods to his host, "Well Captain... Harland, it has been a pleasure. Now, if we can get those charts we will be glad to start exploring this small part of the galaxy."

Revanus
2013-10-21, 11:53 PM
Hephsed concurs with Quintus' sentiments, making his goodbyes as appropriate.

Monivey
2013-10-22, 06:48 PM
Harland's Retirement
With the documents signed, Naval adjutants promptly begin the process of transferring the star charts to your ship.

Captain Harland abruptly excuses himself from dinner, going slightly green in the face after his sixth shot, leaving the Forstners in charge of escorting you off of the ship. Ivan's parting words are, Good luck out there. If you find yourself in trouble, send astropathic communication immediately.

There is, of course, no guarantee that the Navy will be able to come to your assistance, though. His wife deadpans, as the doors to your shuttle begin to close.

The Bridge

With the records in hand, you've now had some time to study the charts in more detail. The engines roar back into life, as you make your way far enough out to translate into the warp.

The woman at the piloting station turns to the assembled officers, and asks: Do we have a destination?

Scotty, I'm bringing you back to the bridge, so you can decide on where you want to go IC. If you or anyone else wants to do things on the ship, you can return to that once you're all on the same page. Anything else you guys need before you decide?

Revanus
2013-10-22, 09:38 PM
Hephsed turns to Lucius.

"I believe sector J6 was suggested as a fruitful destination?"

DrK
2013-10-22, 11:55 PM
Hephsed turns to Lucius.

"I believe sector J6 was suggested as a fruitful destination?"

Lucius gives a brief nod. indeed Captain. The warp seems favourable this way and the system is class G with several planetary bodies. Once we clear the gravity well I shall begin jump prep.

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-23, 12:30 AM
Scotty
"Yes ma'am," Scotty nods and pockets the tag. He'd have to be smart, but when had that ever been a problem for him? He was smart, smarter than anyone thought! And now he could prove it, and nobody would be any the wiser until it was too late.

Making his way up from the staterooms, Scotty heads up to the bridge.

mr1135
2013-10-23, 01:30 AM

As the dinner began to wind down, the Magos subtly looks towards the Captain and the Factotum before sending a message via his internal vox to the microbead supplanted in their ears.

<Perhaps it would be prudent to see if the waystation here have any undesirables that we could press-gang prior to our departure. Worst case scenario, we could always do with a few more servitors.>

----
Once the party returned to the ship, Maximilian checks in with the adepts, only to find that the engine maintenance had gone without a hitch. With nothing requiring his immediate attention, he orders his combat servitor back to the armoury while he himself heads to the bridge with the Captain.

Revanus
2013-10-23, 11:53 AM
Hephsed doesn't glance at the Magos, but his voice is hard.

<No. We are not in need of further manpower--such a request lacks grace.>
-----

On the bridge, Hephsed nods towards the Navigator.

"Excellent. May the Emperor light our path and guide us to safety."

Monivey
2013-10-24, 09:59 AM
Navigator's Quarters

In your quarters, you are well shielded from both the immaterium, anf the constant noise of the ship around you. Even the vibrations of the plasma drive are dampened in your spacious quarters, so that no distraction might interfere with the man who would steer them into the unknown void.

Lucius had gleaned as much information from the charts as he suspected he would be able to. The Navigator finds among his possessions a thick deck of cards, with backings of solid black. With practiced dexterity, he shuffles the deck, which lights up in a cascading series of colors, a reaction to the waves of psychic energy radiating from Lucius' every pore.

You deal out the classic five-card Crux of Ophelia, turning them over in sequence.

The Present-The Fabricator, presiding over rows of machines, representing exacting demands and the need for vigilance.
The Near Future-The Lord of Blood, represented by an obscene symbol daubed with blood. Violence, murder, and pain.
The Course of Action-The Captain, whose face slowly contorts into Quintus'. Rulership, success at a high cost.
The Far Future-The Artisan-Profit, employment, skill
The Outcome-The Assassin-Sudden death, the unseen danger
These are your augury results.

DrK
2013-10-24, 04:15 PM
Lucius begins his preparations in his sanctum. A long bath before he strips down entirely anointing himself in a series of scented oils to help him concentrate his mind. His long albino body smooth and hairless and unmarked save the strange scaly plates of xeno-grafted flesh around his chest and thighs.

Kneeling in the centre of the sanctum he views the cards that are dealt, wishing instead that he could have done his usual auguries, divining the trip from the thrashing of a sacrifice melting in the full gaze of his warp eye.

The Present-The Fabricator, presiding over rows of machines, representing exacting demands and the need for vigilance.
The Near Future-The Lord of Blood, represented by an obscene symbol daubed with blood. Violence, murder, and pain.
The Course of Action-The Captain, whose face slowly contorts into Quintus'. Rulership, success at a high cost.
The Far Future-The Artisan-Profit, employment, skill
The Outcome-The Assassin-Sudden death, the unseen danger

"Trouble, blood and pain to come then. So be it. Let us see if the captain is up to the task."

Plugging himself into the mass of nutrient plugs, semi-psychic connections and guidance systems that link him inextricably with the vessel he activates the vox system to the bridge and the engineering sections. "We are ready for warp transit. Activate geller fields and the warp drive."

With that he mentally takes command of the ancient and arcane warp drives and with the power of them at his command tears a rift into the writhing and tearing warp. Opening his warp eye the lights and colours of madness flowing around the chamber he views the warp around him. In his mind's eye he could see the channels like flickering streams of moving fire as he gently guided the cruiser between them dancing across the immaterium ignoring the screams and calls of the beasts within the empyrean.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FJTFWaM8GH4/UZWMDMLJyLI/AAAAAAAAB2c/nVLT00z8oBc/s1600/Warp_Travel_by_The_First_Magelord.jpg

Days pass as Lucius doesn't move. Only the flickering lights of the chamber form his warp gaze changing. Nutrients keeping him in a semi-aware state as he focused on bringing the vessel to safety.

The storm was like a sudden tempest. Warp lightnings playing across the hull and geller field causing trickling lightning and warp stuff to ooze in the ship's hull leaving nightmares and corruption their wake. Explosions and fire billow from the plasma engines as the lightning's play across them leaving them damaged but the warp drive powered by unknown means continues to function.

---------
Days Later
Days later he is ready for the real space transit. A whispered "Transit in 3.... 2...... 1...." from a throat scratchy and dry from days of immobility echoing strangely around the bridge before the ship hurtles into real space trailing warp stuff with it and spinning and twisting violently as the geller field screams in agony as the beasts of the warp try and drag her back.

Lights flicker in the corridors and the warp engines begin to shut down amid great clouds of steam and smoke from the stress placed upon them. Space and the cold of the void safely marking their arrival.

In the sanctum Lucius smiles at the safe arrival before slipping backwards into a dreamless sleep, the chamber pitch dark now without the glow of the warp...

We have arrived
Plasma engines are damaged.
Lucius will sleep for 6 hours. Please wake me up :smallbiggrin:

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-25, 10:32 AM
Scotty

Scotty does whatever tasks are given to him by the officers during the journey, while plotting the best time to arrange the meeting with Madame D'Ebi.

Soon after the warp travel is complete, he approaches Hepshed.

"Sir, I believe I may have made a possibly lucrative discovery."

Revanus
2013-10-25, 10:43 AM
Hephsed welcomes Scotty into his private chambers.

"Oh? Find a seat and spare no detail."

mr1135
2013-10-25, 11:40 AM

A sense of unease passes by Maximilian as the ship rips a whole into the immaterium and powers itself towards its destination. Though the Gellar Field is holding at full capacity, the success of warp travel is never an absolute constant. Their lives are in the hands of the Machine Spirit and the Omnissiah now.

---
Though their journey proceeded smoothly during the initial days, the ship's sudden entry into the warp storm causes surges throughout the ship eldritch powers dances across its body. Connected to the ship via his MIU, Maximilian shudders as he hears Venator Notoria's ancient spirit howl in pain.

At least the Gellar Field is holding strong...

Exiting his connection with the ship, the Magos issues priority one messages to his acolytes via the Noosphere, cutting through the storm of readouts and various responses that's flooding it.

<Emergency response teams to the aft! Decompress compartments dh347 to dh398 to extinguish fires and lower temperatures. I want damage control to apprise me of which crews were operating in the sections closest to the damaged sections and have their replacements sent immediately. I want them in void suits and to continue any necessary duties without any further interruptions three cycles ago!

Shutdown engines 3 and 4 and shunt the excess plasma from the engine drives to the emergency vents on the port manifolds! Teriary adepts are to oversee additional ministrations to the machine spirit. The Venator Notoria is keening pain from the damage to its drives and must recover to facilitate our exit from the warp. Enginseer Lysenko, oversee the status of the Enginarium. I'm going to go diagnose the extent of the damage to the drive housing personally.>

Taking a retinue of repair servitors, the Enginseer Prime heads towards the damaged drives at all haste to facilitate what repairs he could until they exit the immaterium. Omnissiah protect them all.
Emergency Repairs: [roll0] vs TN83 (Base63 - 10Difficulty + 20Tech-use + 10Enginseer Prime)

TechnoScrabble
2013-10-29, 12:38 AM
Hephsed welcomes Scotty into his private chambers.

"Oh? Find a seat and spare no detail."

"Some nobles down in the passenger areas. Smart ones. Say they'd like to meet you, help organize how things will go for the colony. Think I saw some other usefuls, too, but I'll have to check it out some more."

DrK
2013-10-29, 03:53 PM
The navis slowly open two of his eyes. Years of training enabling him to keep the warp eye closed even when sleeping. Getting dressed in his finery he slowly makes his way towards the bridge, staggering slowly he finally reaches the massive command centre.

Slowly he advances towards the Captain. "AH... the system of choice. Have we begun the scans?" Looking around the sensorium data he meanders across and begins to do some scanning himself.

Scrutiny [roll0] TN ~65

Revanus
2013-11-02, 01:07 PM
Hephsed strokes his chin.

"Many would seek to ingratiate themselves into the presence of the High Factotum. Most are not worth my time. It is far too easy to hint at wisps of higher purpose and glimmering riches, where naught but space dust exists."

He nods towards Scotty.

"Milk them for all they're worth and string them along. Politely, of course. If I ever meet with them, it will only come after they've proven themselves useful and profitable many times over."

TechnoScrabble
2013-11-04, 03:09 PM
Scotty nods.

"Yessir."

It's not like it'd be particularly hard. He could bring everyone along for the ride, it'd be fun. At the end of it all he'd own a planet or a ship and nobody would tell him what to do ever again.