PDA

View Full Version : Maugs?

Yogibear41
2013-10-03, 04:05 AM
Are Maugs proficient with martial weapons? They are listed as using two-bladed sword in their description so I know they are proficient with it, but would that make them proficient with martial and simple weapons as well or no? Also they are listed as using plate armor which means they should be proficient with all forms of armor and shields correct?

Does applying the incarnate construct template to them change this at all?

It becomes a giant which is listed as having martial weapon proficiency in the MM so I suppose that answers that question, but does the template allow me to keep the base alertness feat as well as the skill points as an outsider for my 2 racial hit die?

Spuddles
2013-10-03, 04:52 AM
Constructs are proficient with natural weapons only, unless they have a generally humanoid form, in which case they are proficient with any weapons mentioned in their entry.

HalfQuart
2013-10-03, 08:23 AM
Are Maugs proficient with martial weapons? They are listed as using two-bladed sword in their description so I know they are proficient with it, but would that make them proficient with martial and simple weapons as well or no? Also they are listed as using plate armor which means they should be proficient with all forms of armor and shields correct?
Spuddles is correct. Here's the quote from the SRD (www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#constructType):

Traits

A construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
<snip>
Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
Proficient with no armor.