PDA

View Full Version : Goliath Warblade for a Norse Campaign Help Please.

Lothalen
2013-10-03, 08:09 AM
So I'm looking for help with planning for the future no 3.5 book is off limits and the campaign will exceed level 20 as our DM disapproves of level caps particularly since he creates campaign to take you on ridiculous epic adventures. (Hints at fighting in Ragnarok abound.) Also Character Traits and Flaws are approved.

Our theme this time is a Norse Campaign with a few things borrowed from Frostburn. As he is fond of throwing large groups of lesser enemies he has confirmed this will happen because we are starting off pretty strong. We all get acclimated to the cold unless it's a severe or unearthly cold as we grew up in the area.

Our Party consists of a Centaur Ranger built for strength and melee, Changeling Rogue Skill Monkey with Racial Subs and taking a dip into scout for Skirmish and Trapfinding to get an extra 12 skill points at start, a Half-dragon halfling Paladin, and a Faerun Aasamir Favored soul intending to become a stormlord (Flavor mostly as he will be our link to Odin in the Campaign).

So I'm a Goliath Warblade with these stats.

Str: 26
Dex: 14
Con: 17
Int: 16
Wis: 14
Cha: 14

I am intending to use a Large Spiked Chain with an Animated Shield so I can Damage tank for the group. I'm starting with Large Longsword and Heavy Steel shield and Breastplate. I am trying to be a wrecking ball with group utility that can take a hit and I prefer 2H Fighting and intend to get rid of LA ASAP.

Here's what I have so far.

Feats:
Power Attack

Stance:
Stonefoot Stance (Larger Enemies likely often)

Maneuvers:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Steel Wind (I cannot stress early use of large groups of mooks)
Sapphire Nightmare Blade (Mostly as place saver for better blades and setting up for the Rogue)

From here I'm not sure where I will go it will largely depend on the campaign but I am looking at the Nightmare Blade Family, Hammer Family, and Emerald Razor for sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated in making this guy a true wrecking ball.

Lothalen
2013-10-03, 01:29 PM
bump please help

Darrin
2013-10-03, 01:47 PM
bump please help

Could you be more specific about what you need? Right now everything looks fine to me, although I'd switch Stonefoot Stance to Punishing Stance.

If you need a "Wrecking Ball" build, I'd probably do something along the lines of Flaming Homer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4108954&postcount=22).

Lothalen
2013-10-03, 02:23 PM
Well as I said the campaign is intending to get nasty so high damage output is what I'm going for I'm trying to decide how to build feats and maneuvers as well as Magic Items I should get. As for my disciplines I'm torn between Iron Heart or White Raven for my second focus on disciplines. For items I'm planning Gauntlets of Utterdeath and Diamond Mind Rings for the extra Maneuvers I guess where I am most stuck though is feats in the future.