PDA

View Full Version : [Meta] I want to screw over my dm!

CyberThread
2013-10-03, 02:42 PM
THIS ENTIRE POST WAS MADE IN HUMOR! IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS REAL AM SORRY!

Okay I really want to get one over on my DM, you see he thinks he can do fiats and mean things like restricting what books we can use because he owns them, or even homebrew just because it isn't tested out.

He is SUCH A MEANY!

So here is my plan, I want to make a normal playersheet, you know just go fighter straight 20, but in invisible ink over it, am going to write my real character, a level 20 bard taking OP feats and spell options to really show them!

He thinks he can get over us, I will show him how we REALLY play D&D!

So here we go, am going to make a regular old fashioned fighter level 20 and under it, with the invisible ink, am going to have a bard, with 12 str, 8 dex, 3 con, 16 int, 12 wis, 8 cha. Now I know some of you are saying this is overpowered, but just wait a moment. I am going to be using my 16 int to know even MORE skills then a regular fighter has, so when the DM thinks he is tricking my fighter with some knowledge tomfoolery, I will bust out the blue light and say

HAH! I GOT YOU NOW!

And show him my true skill points! and stump him with my awesomeness.

Hah you thought I was a dumb fighter, now what do you think of my cool bard now Mr. DM, wheep at my knowledge roles BAHAHAHAHAHAH

yes it is all sarcasm

Deathkeeper
2013-10-03, 02:46 PM
Um, this sounds like something that you should settle by talking to your DM or leaving the game, not breaking it.

Aegis013
2013-10-03, 02:51 PM
Um, this sounds like something that you should settle by talking to your DM or leaving the game, not breaking it.

Pretty much certain that this is sarcasm. Though it really would help if the whole post was written in blue.

Red Fel
2013-10-03, 02:52 PM
If that was meant in jest, I'm not really feeling it. I mean, you're basically just swapping out one character sheet for another, and announcing "This is my real character sheet!" It's not much of a prank, and I doubt the DM will bat an eye.

If that was meant seriously... You should try to up your game a bit. If you're going for misdirection, go for misdirection. Distract the DM, and every time he looks away, add to your character sheet. You know, like kids playing checkers. Little things, so that he doesn't notice from one change to the next. That way, as time goes on, he is completely oblivious to all the extra stuff you've tacked onto your character.

Disclaimer: Do not do the thing I just said. That is horrible and you are a horrible player if you do it. Seriously.

Baroncognito
2013-10-03, 03:16 PM
Pretty much certain that this is sarcasm. Though it really would help if the whole post was written in blue.

Well, to quote the original poster:

yes it is all sarcasm

Worira
2013-10-03, 03:48 PM
Well, to quote the original poster:

CURSE YOU INVISIBLE INK

CyberThread
2013-10-03, 05:16 PM
We Have a wNNNERR!

The Insanity
2013-10-03, 05:25 PM
I honestly don't seem to be able to see the point of this thread. :smallconfused:

CyberThread
2013-10-03, 05:32 PM
Am making fun of the, help me break my DM/My DM is unfair mentality

ZamielVanWeber
2013-10-03, 05:32 PM
wheep

Summoning undead are we?

The Insanity
2013-10-03, 05:34 PM
Am making fun of the, help me break my DM/My DM is unfair mentality
Yeah, I see that. But... why? :smallconfused:

CyberThread
2013-10-03, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I see that. But... why? :smallconfused:

Was bored at work?

Squirrel_Dude
2013-10-03, 05:39 PM
*chuckles*

That's all you get.

The Insanity
2013-10-03, 05:43 PM
Was bored at work?
Next time, try working. :smallamused:

CyberThread
2013-10-03, 05:48 PM
I did, the drivers to the printer I was repairing were downloading

Yawgmoth
2013-10-03, 06:21 PM
I think it would help more if we taught and reinforced critical thinking and interpreting context clues in schools.

OP: you get a 2/10 for getting anyone to seriouspost at all. That's the best I can do.

CyberThread
2013-10-03, 06:36 PM
<-< I would have thought, that this would seem way out in left field in my normal post, I didin't think I had to nail a notice on the wall.

Galvin
2013-10-03, 06:38 PM
This, frankly, is a stupid idea.

Many players forget that their DM is the Almighty Lord of the D&D universe. He literally controls gods, he's just that powerful.

If you don't like what your dungeon master is doing, you shouldn't come up with idea of "I'll write a real character in invisible ink above a fighter 20. Dur." If you really friggen' hate him that much, leave his game. No one is keeping you there. If you enter the game a fighter 20, you have to play as a damn fighter 20. You can't just switch midgame to a optimized bard 20, that's literally cheating. If you want to screw your DM, do it by making the most ridiculous optimized overpowered Wizard/Incantatrix/Dwemorkeeper anyone's ever seen. Not by cheating.

Your DM has every right to restrict materials to that which he owns. One, he's a DM, and two, a DM has to be familiar with what he's allowing in his games.

Sorry for that little rant there.

CyberThread
2013-10-03, 06:49 PM
<-< okay think it is time to shut down this thread, this turned out less as a sarcastic joke and into troll bait.

Deophaun
2013-10-03, 07:41 PM
Instead of invisible ink, swap out all your DM's paper with flash paper. Then, in the middle of the campaign, expose it to a lighter. That'll show 'em!

ben-zayb
2013-10-03, 09:34 PM
Next time, try working. :smallamused:

He was compiling (http://xkcd.com/303/). :smallamused: