PDA

View Full Version : Spring unseelie fey "turn undead"

Seer_of_Heart
2013-10-03, 05:23 PM
The Unseelie fey template, from dragon 304, has seasonal options that the template gives you and the spring one gives you a touch that removes negative conditions and can act like a cleric's turn undead. Can you power divine feats and devotions with this turn undead?

Red Fel
2013-10-03, 06:41 PM
The Unseelie fey template, from dragon 304, has seasonal options that the template gives you and the spring one gives you a touch that removes negative conditions and can act like a cleric's turn undead. Can you power divine feats and devotions with this turn undead?

My guess would be "no."

Unlike class-based Turn Undead, which has a limited number of uses per day, I don't recall there being a limit to the Unseelie Fey's uses. (Please correct me if I am mistaken.) Being able to spend one of your unlimited uses on a Devotion or DMM feat just seems like free boosts - not how the feats were written, not how they were intended. Further, the language of the ability says "acts like a cleric's ability to turn undead," and further clarifies that its use is "unlike a cleric's turn ability". This suggests that while the racial ability replicates the effect of turning undead, it is not actually a "daily turn or rebuke use" as is described in the Devotion feats.

Short version: Not the same thing.