PDA

View Full Version : Demons, devils, and my confusion

ddude987
2013-10-03, 06:04 PM
Hello everyone,
I am currently working on some homebrew and I decided to revamp the heritage feats that pertain to sorcerers. I want to give sorcerers bonus feats, level 1 a heritage feat that pertains to their original source of power and then 5, 10, 15, and 20 a metamagic or heritage feat. Similar basis to wizards who get metamgic or crafting feats. At the moment, there is draconic heritage, celestial sorcerer heritage, and infernal sorcerer heritage. I am adding fey heritage to the list of heritages that will require sorcerer level 1 and will be a possible place the sorcerer obtained his/her powers from.

I saw fiendish heritages as well and thought they could pertain to sorcerers getting their power but I can't seem to find the difference between fiend and infernal. Are they the same? Is one demons and one devils? I am speaking from a flavor standpoint, not mechanically. If anybody could shed light onto this conundrum that would be helpful.

karkus
2013-10-03, 06:17 PM
"Infernal" refers strictly to the Lawful Evil Devils in Hell.

"Fiendish" can refer to any Evil Outsider.

The Fiendish Heritage feat chain doesn't even refer to any specific Outsider; it just says that there is some sort of "fiendish ancestor," is all. :smalltongue:

Yawgmoth
2013-10-03, 06:28 PM
I am adding fey heritage to the list of heritages that will require sorcerer level 1 and will be a possible place the sorcerer obtained his/her powers from. You are aware that there's a set of fey heritage feats in complete mage, right?

Fax Celestis
2013-10-03, 06:34 PM
There are also elemental heritages in Planar Handbook and expanded Draconic Heritages in Dragon Magic.

ddude987
2013-10-03, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the responses, this cleared most of my confusion up. Yes I am away fey exists already, I wanted to buff them all.