PDA

View Full Version : Do Everything

Ruethgar
2013-10-03, 10:09 PM
Of course Wizard 20 can probably accomplish this, or druid 20, but I decided to go a different route.

Gestalt Half-Elf
Bard/Arcane Swordsage
Fey Bloodline 3
Bard/Half-Elf Paragon
Chameleon 2/Totemist 2
Master of Masks/Shapeshift Druid
Chameleon 2/Half-Elf Paragon 2
Chameleon 3/Human Paragon 3
Sublime Chord/Whirling Frenzy Spirit Lion City Brawler Barbarian
Sublime Chord 9/Arcane Swordsage 9

Maneuver Highlights:

Level 1: Aspect of the Wolf, Segojan's Armor, Fists of Stone, Weapon Shift
Level 4: Bite of the Werewolf
Level 6: Transformation, Mental Pinnacle
Level 7: Aura of Vitality

Feats:

Flaw: Nymph's Kiss
Flaw: Able Learner
1st: Human Heritage
Half-elf Paragon: Adaptive Style
Fey: Iron will
3rd: ?
Floating: Superior Unarmed Strike
6th: Bonus Essentia
9th: ?
Human Paragon: ?
12: ?
15th:?
18th:?

Quick Points:

Minor Bardic music and major casting with sublime chord.
Chameleon casting from any spell list up to 6th level.
Ability to boost melee to a decent level with Transformation, Aptitude, and Gladiator Mask.
Shapeshifting and natural attacks boosts.
Sub-par but workable unarmed combat, especially workable with the previous 2 points.
As many soulmelds as you can shape with the floating feat.
Gain some minor psionic powers from Mental Pinnacle.

How does it look? not optimal, I don't think, but certainly versatile. What feats should I pick up? What about traits?

bekeleven
2013-10-03, 11:23 PM
I haven't read through the whole thing, but there's basically no reason to take that much master of masks. It's almost always a 1 level dip, although I can justify up to level 2.

Ruethgar
2013-10-03, 11:31 PM
I would say at least 3 levels since you'ld be grabbing soulmelds and so you can have the mage, priest, assassin and gladiator masks and going that far may as well go for fourth to boost the bonuses. With 6 levels to spare, throw the half-elf paragon back in, grab 2 totemist instead of 2 feats and have three left over. Spirit lion, wolf totem city brawler barbarian is always a good dip as is martial chaos monk.

Morgarion
2013-10-04, 07:59 AM
I might be reading this wrong, but it looks like it's twenty one levels.

Ruethgar
2013-10-04, 08:19 AM
It is 21 class levels, but only 20 character levels because of the Doppelganger Bloodline level.

I thought 1000 extra experience wouldn't be that much, a wizard would probably lose that from casting and crafting by level 20. Considering my current maneuver selection, the lycanthrope bloodline might fit well.

Radar
2013-10-04, 09:53 AM
You can't take two PrC levels at the same time as far as I remember, so you need to do something about this Chameleon/Master of Masks levels and I'm not sure, if X Paragon classes count as base or not. It only affects the ordering of your levels - not the final build.

Aside from that, there is no reason not to take Sublime Chord levels on the end instead of Bard. You have feats to spare and more spellcasting would be of use.

Ruethgar
2013-10-04, 10:39 AM
Sublime Chord 6 would eliminate any room for Master of Masks unless I took a longer bloodline to have earlier entry. Switching over to an actual half-elf would mesh well with fey bloodline for an extra 2000 xp sink and it would partially qualify me for war magic which could be nice.