PDA

View Full Version : human/mortal hunter

killianh
2013-10-03, 10:31 PM
I'm playing in a evil campaign and I want to be a human hunter. The base line idea that I'm thinking is ranger with a monk dip, then a mix of mortal hunter and soul eater.

I was looking at just going the usual rogue assassin route, but that doesn't have the feel of a character that has devoted his life and soul to wiping the human race off of the planes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ortesk
2013-10-03, 10:40 PM
If you tell me your race, which really helps me know what options you can take and what you cant, i can offer what limited advice i know. Also Neraphim is an outsider with 0 LA, just need to find natural attack somehow (if feral template can be applied to outsider, 1 la and get claw attacks)

Waker
2013-10-03, 10:43 PM
I'm playing in a evil campaign and I want to be a human hunter. The base line idea that I'm thinking is ranger with a monk dip, then a mix of mortal hunter and soul eater.

I was looking at just going the usual rogue assassin route, but that doesn't have the feel of a character that has devoted his life and soul to wiping the human race off of the planes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Since Mortal Hunter requires you to be an Outsider, Tiefling will probably be one of the more appropriate choices. The race allows you to be a Soul Eater as well. However as Soul Eater needs a natural weapon, you'll need to take Willing Deformity (Claws) or Shape Soulmeld (Sphinx Claws) (Another Soulmeld could be chosen, I just went with that one for this discussion.) You will be somewhat low on feats as you will require Altertness, Track, Mortalbane, Weapon Focus (Natural Weapon).

killianh
2013-10-03, 10:54 PM
Race was undecided so far as it was mainly the class structure I was focused on. From the sounds of it tiefling or the lessor version will probably be my best bet. I was thinking of the monk dip because then your whole body counts as a natural weapon then.

It's a pretty feat intensive build so so far I was thinking Ranger 2/monk 1/fighter 2/ to help get into mortal hunter but I'm away from books to check if that would qualify me by that point.

Waker
2013-10-03, 10:58 PM
Race was undecided so far as it was mainly the class structure I was focused on. From the sounds of it tiefling or the lessor version will probably be my best bet. I was thinking of the monk dip because then your whole body counts as a natural weapon then.

It's a pretty feat intensive build so so far I was thinking Ranger 2/monk 1/fighter 2/ to help get into mortal hunter but I'm away from books to check if that would qualify me by that point.

Can't go with Lesser Tiefling as you lose the Outsider type, so you wouldn't qualify for either PrCs. Also both classes require +5 BAB, so you need more to enter into either.

Ortesk
2013-10-03, 11:02 PM
lesser tiefling is a humanoid, not outsider. so you wouldnt make it. Neraphim is LA 0 outsider, or eat a LA 1 and be tiefling. And monk counts as a natural weapon in regards to spells. your need willing deformity (claws), take ranger one (get track)/fighter x (weapon focus, and some more combat feats). but if you need mortalbane, you need a spell like ability which does damage. talk to dm and see if you can have SLA acid orb/1day and blow feat lol

Kuulvheysoon
2013-10-04, 12:01 AM
If you decide to suck the LA to appear humanoid, I say go for Evil Aasimar. Say, bad childhood, is now convinced that the entire human race needs to be purged?

Loftiest heights to deepest depths, and all that.

ShurikVch
2013-10-04, 01:15 PM
Glimmerfolk (Dr#321) are native outsiders with LA +0.

Also, how about some transformation PrC?

Knight of the Sacred Seal will switch your character's type to native outsider at the 5th level.
Binder 5/KotSS 5/Mortal Hunter 10 :smallwink:

Also, Dr#300 have evil transformation PrC "Tiger Mask", which will turn your character into, essentially, "lesser rakshasa" at 5th level.

Scourge Of Chaos from Bestiary Of Krynn (Revised) turn into outsider (chaotic, native) at the 3rd level