PDA

View Full Version : Quick druid spell question

Arael666
2013-10-04, 08:36 AM
There are some druid spells that give bonus to skills and initiative IIRC, they look like a part of a "set" of spells, if you cast the first you get X bonus, if you cast the second you get Y bonus, if you have both cast on you get X+Y+N bonus.

My google fu failed me :smallfrown:, need help.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-10-04, 08:47 AM
Its really hard to answer that without more information. Which spells are these and where are they found? Does the spell specify what kind of Bonus the spells grant? If they are the same kind, then no, they don't stack.

Arael666
2013-10-04, 08:52 AM
I want to remember the spell name, so I know none of what you asked, sorry.

The bonuses do stack with themselves, and IIRC the spells grant bonuses to initiative, survival and listen.

nedz
2013-10-04, 08:58 AM
Bonuses of the same type generally overlap rather than stack — which is why we need to know which spells you are talking about.

This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/druidSpells.htm) may help.

eggynack
2013-10-04, 09:22 AM
You're probably looking for the primal line of spells from Dragon Magic. Specifically primal hunter, primal instinct, primal senses, and primal speed.

Arael666
2013-10-04, 10:42 AM
You're probably looking for the primal line of spells from Dragon Magic. Specifically primal hunter, primal instinct, primal senses, and primal speed.

YES! THANK YOU!

And I'm sorry for the lack of information, I just had no idead how to describe it better.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-10-04, 12:23 PM
If its 3 different spells, providing a bonus to 3 different things, they stack. Or rather, they all take effect, since they don't even get into stacking rules. There is no reason they wouldn't stack unless they explicitly said they don't stack in the spell description.

Rijan_Sai
2013-10-04, 12:35 PM
If its 3 different spells, providing a bonus to 3 different things, they stack. Or rather, they all take effect, since they don't even get into stacking rules. There is no reason they wouldn't stack unless they explicitly said they don't stack in the spell description.

True, but IIRC the "Primal" line of spells is similar to the "Heart of..." line, in that having more then one active at once provides additional benefits. That is (I'm faily certain) what s/he ment by "stacking."

eggynack
2013-10-04, 12:42 PM
And I'm sorry for the lack of information, I just had no idead how to describe it better.
Not a problem. There's not really much of a point in trying to attain a state of perfect druidic knowledge if I can't identify obscure druid spells through vague description. Also, the primal line is just a cool can of beans. It's not particularly great outside of instinct, but a 24 hour duration isn't a thing to be ignored, especially if you're running extend.

nedz
2013-10-04, 01:53 PM
I thought that the OP's question had been answered, however:

Primal Hunter
+5 competence bonus on Climb, Jump, and Swim checks.

Primal Instinct
+5 competence bonus on initiative and Survival checks.

Primal Senses
+5 competence bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Primal Speed
+5 resistance bonus on Reflex saves and a +10-foot enhancement bonus to all your speeds.

These all stack since they buff different things. Whether they stack with other buffs is another question.