PDA

View Full Version : So, tell me about Vecna

Amiel
2013-10-04, 09:01 AM
Do we know which Oerdian ethnicity he belonged to? His history seems to suggest Flannae descent.

Is the Serpent an actual entity or a figment of Vecna's delusions or perhaps his consciousness cast far forward whispering from the future?

He was suddenly but inevitably betrayed by Kas, and lost his hand and eye within the confines of mortality. Did this act compel him to seek and achieve divinity or where those plans already well in motion?

What else?

skyth
2013-10-04, 09:28 AM
He was suddenly but inevitably betrayed by Kas, and lost his hand and eye within the confines of mortality.

Now now...Don't forget The Head of Vecna :)

Brookshw
2013-10-04, 12:30 PM
You might be better off asking this in Afroakuma's planar thread over in the 3.0+ subforum.

Realms of Chaos
2013-10-04, 10:40 PM
I seem to recall reading in the last printed issue of dragon magazine that the serpent was one of the few mysteries in DND that was never given any answer anywhere so good luck with that one.

The Fury
2013-10-04, 10:47 PM
If you find his head, you don't want it.

TheCountAlucard
2013-10-04, 11:10 PM
He's currently guarding one of my players' collection of character sheets. Every character he retires gets put into the same plastic binder. Vecna shares his guardianship with Nerull and Orcus; together, they're one hell of a rock band. :smalltongue:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa100/TheCountAlucard666/Avatars%20and%20Sigatars/Rockfull.png

Alleran
2013-10-06, 06:33 AM
I seem to recall reading in the last printed issue of dragon magazine that the serpent was one of the few mysteries in DND that was never given any answer anywhere so good luck with that one.
Die Vecna Die explicitly listed the Serpent as a creature in the same category as the Lady of Pain and Asmodeus. I don't have it nearby, though, so I can't recall if there was any specific context saying the Serpent could all just be in Vecna's (quite insane) head.