PDA

View Full Version : Gothic Maid: Secrets, Shadows, and Frilly Mini-Skirts

Lycan 01
2013-10-04, 09:13 AM
You step off the train, and find yourself on a modest station platform. It's dark, and a fine mist of rain is drizzling from the night sky above. A few gas lamps cast an eerie orange glow about the empty platform, and you can't help but feel an uncomfortable chill as the wind picks up a bit.

You're not alone at least. A couple of other individuals have stepped off the train as well. Perhaps you talked with them during the long and lonely trip, or maybe you kept to yourself. Whether you know it or not, the three of you are all going to the same place.

Near a sleepy little village in the mountains of Eastern Europe, a large manor overlooks a dark valley. And in that manor lives a young noble who finds himself in need of servants. That's where you come in. For whatever reason, you've been hired on by the young Master, to replace the previous staff members and serve him faithfully. For now, your instructions are to take a train to this station, and board the waiting carriage.

Speak of the devil. No sooner have you stepped on to the platform than a carriage pulls up nearby. Pulled by a pair of massive black stallions, the carriage itself is as dark as the night, and sports black curtains as well. You'd almost think it were a hearse for a funeral procession. You also might be unnerved by how quickly the carriage showed up, just as you arrived. Impeccable timing, perhaps? Something about it doesn't feel right, though, especially since the darkness leaves the driver obscured. The locals have an old saying about things like this, actually - "For the dead travel fast." Chillin, but it's just an old adage... right?

The door to the carriage swings open. Guess it's time to go meet the new boss?

Deme
2013-10-04, 10:03 AM
One woman steps off of a different train, having come from a different place. It rolled in, trailing steam and mist around it, deposited her, and left, silent all the while. Still, the way she stands on the platform shows that she, too, is waiting for the coach. She has a large black canvas bag that she clutches with both hands as she looks to and fro.

She is a pale-skinned woman, tall and curvy. Her long hair, colored like the night sky, is done up in an old-fashioned style. It frames her face, which has a faint smile on it normally. She wears a similarly old-fashioned uniform, colored like steel or silver, that has been artfully belted by her apron and taken in here and there to flatter her figure. She has large black wings, making her immediately noticeable, and her ears sprout black feathers that cause them to end in feathery, wing-edge shaped points.

Also, she is somewhat translucent, like a strangely-developed piece of film, or a figure only half screen-printed onto the world. It is almost like she is made of colored glass, clearly present and visible, and yet you can see the walls and floors around her.

When she sees the other two waiters on the platform, she looks at them with a puzzled expression, pursing her lips and raising an eyebrow. But then the carriage arrives. She floats towards it effortlessly, beating her wings to seemingly no effect. She shows no concern for the strangeness of the coach or its driver, but leans toward him with a nod of her head and, in a cheery voice, asks,

"Am I to understand that you will take me -- um, us, I suppose -- to the place we've been summoned to for employ, sir?"

It did not hurt to ask. She felt sure there were worse things you could do than be sure you know where a coach is going.

Atreli
2013-10-05, 12:33 AM
Liote stepped off the train, in a hurry to get to the carriage. A tall, fair, broad, adonis of a man he was. Dressed in a floor length black trenchcoat that had an army of silver buttons decorated all over it, it did nothing but add to the mystery that he was giving off as well as hide his uniform from sight.

It was hard to get a good eye on what his hair was like because of the black busyboy cap he had on. His violet eyes spoke of a deep, dark depth that hinted at what he had been through before this.

His fingers tightened on his leather suitcase's handles as he spotted the carriage.

That's probably his right? He sighed deeply. At least I'll get some answers finally. Hopefully.

With that he headed toward the carriage.

Benson
2013-10-09, 12:19 PM
She had sat alone in a private room during the duration of the train ride. It would have been in bad taste after all to put her weapons in view full as she inspected, polished and inventoried them. When she was satisfied she took a moment to relax and contemplate her mission. Her chin rested on her balled hand, she took to looking out the window and watching the scenery, these lands unfamiliar, she was quite far from home.

She wondered why her superiors were even bothering with some foreign lord, what power could he have possibly held that would have affected her home land? Alas she simply sighed and shrugged, all she needed was to focus on the mission and the mission alone, which did not involve the 'why'. Twas a simple mission of infiltration, get close to the master of the house, figure out how to seize his resources and then snuff him out. Simple.
--

Soon the train would come to a whistling halt as she stared out the window once more, she felt the cold nippiness hit her even through the glass. She was admittedly not used to this sort of temperature, back home, it was much warmer. Anyways, the young woman would come to collect her two suit cases, one with her weapons and tools, its lock requiring a key which she kept on herself. The other case her uniform and other domestic items.

She would eventually step out of the cart and off the train entirely as she closed her beige eyes as she was hit with a gust of cold wind. It was cold. Her navy blue double breasted long sleeve coat with its high color didn't prepare her for the shivers that hit her spine. She calmly kept herself composed though as she straightened out her matching thick skirt. As for the description of the woman herself, she was slender and curvy and of average height with olive skin, pretty to look at, beige almond eyes and with long straight hair the color of the sky, though at the moment it was done up in a no nonsense bun. Her nose slightly aquiline, a small sign of her ancestry.

But her dealings with a cold wind did not last long as the not so subtle carriage appeared. She raised a brow at its gothic look, she steeled herself for the....odd shiverings she found herself with as she looked at it and took in her surroundings. It took her a moment to take notice of two others, a rather handsome and bootylicious man...and...what in the hell nines was that?

What?...Okay....Right.

Lycan 01
2013-10-13, 04:11 PM
The carriage is approached!

Yup, looks like a funeral cart. The two large, black stallions certainly don't help to dissuade the illusion, either.

Opening the side doors will reveal that it's rather roomy, with fine mahogany paneling and luxurious red seats. Also a few small gas lamps, if the rider needs some interior lighting. It's all quite inviting, really, despite the ominous vibes the outside of the carriage gives...

As for the driver...

The individual nestled in the seat of the driver's housing is clad in a very large overcoat, with the collar turned up, and a top hat pulled down low. This results in their face being left obscured, and they do not turn to meet the ghost-girl's inquiry. However, they do wave a white-gloved hand, and softly wave it back at the carriage. That seems to be a gesture of affirmation...

The fine mist of rain is starting to become a bit heavier. Thunder rumbles in the distance, echoing through the mountains...

Deme
2013-10-13, 04:31 PM
The rain pitters through the woman, who sighs heavily. What a total lack of discipline and manners; even if they are just hired help, he ought to be able to at least give reply.

"Well, if that's the way things are..."

She did not have an end to the sentence, but picked up her sagging shoulders with a determined energy and stepped in, putting aside her fears for the moment being. She places a hand over her heart as she sits on the coach bench, folding her wings closely in behind her. This causes her to lean forward in her seat somewhat.

Atreli
2013-10-13, 10:23 PM
Without missing a beat, Liote strolled up to the carriage. Answers were worth more then any potential danger out there.

Hand flew onto his longsword, at sight of the driver but he relaxed soon after.

Answers remember?

Calm thyself Liote and you will acquire them.

He sat down with a silently across from the strange winged girl who must have also been hired by this guy.

"E'ening Miss. I pray you are well after such a journey?" He said quietly.

Benson
2013-10-14, 01:15 AM
She studied the transparent looking girl with the wings watching her and the handsome man climb aboard the /not/ creepy carriage. She kept an unreadable expression on her face as she took in the details. She then raised a brow and worked her jaw, her mind racing with thoughts about all this. But alas, some answers she would just have to wait for.

She climbed aboard clutching her two briefcases and sat next to Liote for a good view of the winged girl across from them. She would remain quiet and let them exchange their dialogue in order to observe them and get a decent read on them.

Lycan 01
2013-10-14, 01:18 AM
Once everyone's aboard, the sounds of the reigns being snapped by the coachman is heard, followed by neighs from the two stallions. The carriage shudders a bit, before beginning to roll on forward.

And so the journey begins...

Deme
2013-10-14, 08:07 AM
Without missing a beat, Liote strolled up to the carriage. Answers were worth more then any potential danger out there.

Hand flew onto his longsword, at sight of the driver but he relaxed soon after.

Answers remember?

Calm thyself Liote and you will acquire them.

He sat down with a silently across from the strange winged girl who must have also been hired by this guy.

"E'ening Miss. I pray you are well after such a journey?" He said quietly.

Beatrice jumped slightly, startled by the man's speech.
Now seeing him clearly for the first time (which was, ultimately, the cause of her unnervedness), she had to admit...He was very handsome.

And herself?... She hadn't thought about that. She folded her hands together near her heart, on reflex.

"Oh, I'm feeling just fine, thank you, sir...And yourself?"

Atreli
2013-10-14, 08:40 AM
"Ne'r the better Miss."

He bowed his head slightly.

His body was relaxing a bit more, only because he doubted this strange driver would do anything with two women in here.

But given what he had seen during his time as a mercenary...yeah be prepared for anything.

Never let your guard down.

Fingers stayed on his longsword, loose but ready.

"I am called Liote Mangrotti. Prithee, I bid you your name."

Deme
2013-10-14, 08:56 AM
She relaxed her hands and instead gestured to herself as she spoke, looking slightly away to frame herself in a hopefully charming angle.

"My name is Beatrice. Beatrice Usher."

Benson
2013-10-14, 12:02 PM
"Not that anyone asked, Belle Luelle," She spoke in a french-like accent and placed a small lazy smile on her face and offered her hand to Beatrice since it was easier than awkwardly moving to shake Liote's. And she was curious to touch Beatrice's transparent looking hand if she could...to see for herself.

"Mangrotti you say?" She asked Liote curiously and blinked her eyes twice. "Where is it that you hail from?"

Deme
2013-10-14, 12:52 PM
Beatrice could not help but smile at the rhyming name, and shook the other maid's hand. Beatrice's fingers were very cold.

Atreli
2013-10-14, 02:36 PM
" Verily quite a ways from here."

After shaking hands with both girls he leaned back into the seat, turning to the window. Nay Miss Belle, thee are too sweet for talk of my crimes this early.

Prithee, do not know me.

" Past the northern mountains."

Mayhap if he did not confess a city name they would not recognize him or his past.

That would be an excellent way to begin an acquaintance with someone.

I bid you ladies, Are unwell in the presence of a man such as myself? When thee knowest what the towns say about me?

Lycan 01
2013-10-14, 04:02 PM
Thunder rolls in the distance, drawing closer as the rain grows heavier.

But upon the distant rumble, another noise. Somewhere nearby, a horse neighs into the night.

The driver snaps the reigns, and the carriage shudders and jostles as the horses suddenly pick up speed.

Benson
2013-10-15, 12:45 AM
Isabella curled her fingers after shaking Beatrice's hand and furrowed her brows at how cold her hand felt now. Interesting... She faintly smiled and nodded her head once at Beatrice as then Liote answered.

"I see, a man of mystery are we?...." A small smile as then the jolt she felt from the sudden increase of speed caused her to brace herself and clutch as best as she could against one of the sides of carriage's wall.

Atreli
2013-10-15, 09:04 AM
Liote shrugged as he kept his gaze on the window and the scenery passing by.

" Nay, a harm in a little mystery." He replied softly.

Deme
2013-10-15, 09:15 AM
Beatrice took a moment to unravel the man's dialect as the carriage jolted her forward, her light body bouncing neatly into the seat across from her, though it's a bit hard to say which of the two (it sounds like either) would be in it.

"Ah!"

Benson
2013-10-16, 01:00 PM
Isabella was a little startled as Beatrice fell into her lap, her hands instinctively moved to brace and catch Beatrice by the sides of her arms.

"Are you alright?....You know...someone should invent some sort of strap....a belt of some sort to keep someone firmly in their seat eh?" A faint smile as she helped Beatrice back down to her seat.

Atreli
2013-10-16, 07:14 PM
Liote half smirked at Belle's comment.

" T'would be useful I bet."

Deme
2013-10-16, 08:00 PM
"Eh, it'd be tricky to fit... It's my wings, you see."

As she settled back in, she unfolded one wing just a little, to point out that it existed and was difficult to position in the enclosed carriage.

"Sitting in a carriage like this isn't something I'm made for, but I doubt the driver'd let me sit on top...He certainly is a strange fellow."

She looked over the back of their heads, nodding her chin at the unseen back of their mysterious driver, a discontent expression on her face.

Lycan 01
2013-10-16, 08:52 PM
At the mention of the strange rider, the reigns snap again, and the coach gives another strong jostle. The speed seems to have increased yet again, and the ride is becoming quite bumpy.

Over the rumble of thunder and the jostling of the carriage, though, a new sound can be heard. The hard galloping of heavy hooves seems to be coming from behind the carriage... and gaining fast...

Atreli
2013-10-17, 08:37 AM
Liote tensed up.

T'would be nice if he had a sight on what was going on out yonder.

Again his hand tightly gripped the hilt of his blade.

Benson
2013-10-17, 12:58 PM
"About your wings....what are you?" Isabella asked as she leaned into her seat and set her gaze upon Beatrice.

Though such question was tossed to the back burner as it seemed they had company.

"Ack....what's going on..." She lightly growled as she tried to look through the window if there was one and pressed her face trying to get a decent look.

Deme
2013-10-17, 02:20 PM
"I'm a bird."

Beatrice answered without any sign of having joked or even seeing it as a strange response at all. It was totally normal thing to be, a bird that's also a woman. Duh.

"Ooh, what's that?"

She sounds a bit excited. At the sound of hoofbeats, Beatrice looks at the other window and tries to get it open so she can poke her head out and see what's behind them.

Cunning Roll to Open:
[roll0]

Lycan 01
2013-10-17, 02:42 PM
Beatrice is indeed a bird, as like an avian she turns to a side window and immediately smacks her face flat against the glass with a dull thunk. How hawkward.

Isabella, meanwhile, looks out the back window!

(Isabella)

Galloping fast behind the carriage is a rider on horseback! The stallion is a black warhorse, its horseshoes kicking up sparks as it gives chase! The rider is hard to make out, though it looks like-

A flash of lightning briefly illuminates the rider. Clad in a black military uniform, their left hand tightly grips the reigns while the right hand holds a saber aloft. However, the most noteworthy feature is their face - or lack thereof. Despite having nothing but a black void where their neck should be, the headless rider seems to have no challenge pursuing the carriage - and quickly gaining on them!

As lightning flashes and Isabella gazes upon the rider, though, he turns in his seat slightly, and raises his saber! He points the blade directly at her, as if to say "I am coming for you!"

The Headless Horseman tries to terrify Isabella!

Cunning: [roll0]

Please defend with an attribute you feel works best; feel free to check with me OOC if need be.

Deme
2013-10-19, 08:19 AM
Beatrice rubs her face and sighs. She turns to Liote, an embarrassed smile on her face. She had totally blown her cool there.

"Windows are my nemesis. That and scarecrows. Mind helping me open this?"

Benson
2013-10-20, 02:25 AM
Isabella steeled herself as she stared back at the...being with an assertive and confident smirk. With her attention on their pursuer she did not pay much heed to Beatrice's little incident but she did heed Beatrice's request.

"I don't think it wise to open the window...whatever is out there.....probably less natural than whatever you are." Her eyes still on their pursuer.

Atreli
2013-10-20, 08:42 PM
Liote smiled politely at Beatrice's embarrassment and leaned back.

" Thou t'is correct. T'would be unwise to do so. Perhaps we shall wait til the carriage halts?"

Lycan 01
2013-10-20, 08:47 PM
The carriage continues to jostle along! The sound of galloping draws closer! It almost sounds like it's right behind-

There's a loud thud as something hits the back of the carriage, shaking the coach a bit. What the heck was that?

Deme
2013-10-20, 08:52 PM
"...I have a feeling that the carriage may be halting sooner than intended."

Beatrice says, putting a hand up by her heart again, her wings drawn in close defense.

Atreli
2013-10-20, 09:01 PM
Liote had pulled out his longsword a few inches before he even realized it.

He tensed up waitng and listening for any more sounds.

Benson
2013-10-21, 12:25 PM
"....This is really happening isn't it?.." She said dryly as she reached for her suitcase with her weapons.

"Well then..." She said mentally prepared for whatever was to happen next.

Lycan 01
2013-10-22, 07:24 PM
The carriage starts to swerve from side to side! Something's thumping around on the roof!

After a moment, though, the thumping stops, but the swerving continues. Strange. What could possibly-

The right door of the carriage is suddenly flung open, cold wind and rain biting at the occupants of the coach. Lightning flashes, and the flickering light reveals a startling sight! Braced in the doorway, hanging on the side of the carriage, is a figure clad in a black military uniform, one white-gloved hand holding the doorframe while the other raises a cavalry saber above his head!

Or rather, where his head should be. He seems to be missing his, with only a void between his his shoulders where his neck should support a cranium. Doesn't seem to be slowing him down, though!

The Headless Horseman attempts to terrify the occupants of the coach!

Cunning: [roll0]

Deme
2013-10-22, 07:29 PM
Beatrice looks at the headless rider, blinking owlishly for a second. Her brain scurries to process this event, while she tries to keep her breathing level and even. Real fear? That's...Something else, something a stranger can't bring.

[roll0]

The raven-girl glares at him fiercely, like a stern governess.

"That's very rude, banging into us. Stop carrying on like a fool."

Benson
2013-10-28, 11:33 AM
While her heart does skip a beat she grits her teeth and bares it. The cold assassin doesn't feel much relying on her wits and smarts to keep her mind together on these....weird... matters.

cunning [roll0]

and does so barely.

Atreli
2013-10-28, 05:17 PM
Liote was ready to bounce into action at the sight of the headless horseman but with the sight of Beatrice taking care of it, he settled back down.

But he had to admit, he was now very impressed with her.

He flashed a half smile at her for just a moment.

"Nicely done, Beatrice."

Lycan 01
2013-10-29, 06:44 PM
The Headless Horseman stands in the doorway, just staring at the trio of not-scared people. After a long moment of awkward silence, his shoulders slump with disappointment. He then closes the door. The carriage rocks a bit, and the sound of somebody jumping into the saddle of a horse can be heard outside the carriage, followed by hooves galloping away from the coach.

Well. That was... interesting.

Everyone gets [roll0] Favor for curbstomping the local supernatural headache. XD

Deme
2013-10-29, 08:38 PM
"What a rude man."

Beatrice crossed her arms. But seeing Liote's smile, she turned her head, blushing, and smiled a little.

"Oh, think nothing of it. Sometimes people need to be scolded into good sense."

Atreli
2013-10-30, 08:55 AM
Liote fell back into being relaxed...well as much as he could be given his nature and the situation.

He just nodded at her with a half smile on her smile.

"True."

Benson
2013-11-04, 03:02 AM
"I wonder if this land.......is full of...locals...like him...." This was all just weird for the totally not an assassin maid.

"I feel at the moment that I am really sleeping...quick someone stab----pinch me to check."

Deme
2013-11-06, 02:59 PM
"Gosh, I'd hope some people hear have manners."

Beatrice said in agreement. She obligingly leaned over and pinched the assassin's cheek. Her hands were very cold and light.

Benson
2013-11-11, 11:56 PM
Isabella winced from the pinch and then thinly smiled. "Guess its not a dream..."

Lycan 01
2013-11-12, 07:11 AM
The carriage's pace steadies out with the horseman no longer harrying it, and the rest of the trip is relatively uneventful, aside from the wailing winds and rolling thunder as the storm's intensity wanes and waxes intermittently.

Eventually, the carriage begins to ascend a path up a wooded mountainside - flashes of lightning reveal rocky cliff faces and dense evergreens surround them as they rise higher up the old road. Eventually, as they round a corner, a flash of lightning reveals a structure in the distance - a large mansion, perched atop a densely forested mountain bluff, with an excellent view of the valley and villages below.

A short while later, the carriage trundles past a pair of griffon statues on either side of the road, which seem to serve as a marker for the manor's grounds proper. There's also a large fountain, which appears to be overflowing from the storm's deluge. The carriage pulls around in front of the large double doors that seem to be the entrance of the residence, and the horses finally cease their galloping. It's just a short walk to get inside, and there's a large black umbrella in the carriage, should anybody need it. Though... was that there earlier? Perhaps the passengers somehow missed it in the dark and in the confusion with the rider in black...

At any rate, it shouldn't take long for the passengers to disembark and get inside, at which point the driver flicks the reigns, and the horses resume their trotting, pulling the carriage off into the darkness, presumably towards a stable somewhere on the property...

In the manor...

Stepping through the double doors, the maids and butler quickly find themselves in what may as well be another world. One moment they are in stormy darkness, the next they find themselves in a bright, eerily quiet foyer.

The main hall of the manor is a large foyer, well lit by newfangled electrical lamps along the walls and a large golden chandelier suspended from the tall, vaulted ceiling. The floor is marble, with swirling patterns of black, white, and grey that almost seem to move when one looks at them. The walls are white, with dark wood paneling and a variety of landscape paintings, sculptures, and other art works spaced around to make it seem well decorated by not too busy. At the far end of the large room is a grand staircase, with two sets of stairs ascending up from the center of the wall up towards the second floor.

Other than the muffled rumble of thunder outside the building, though, there is not a single sound in the great hall. No movement, either. It's still and silent, almost like a grave. Not exactly the most welcoming mood, and one must wonder... where is the Master, and the rest of the manor's service staff? Shouldn't there be somebody here to great the new arrivals, and help them settle in? Strange. Very strange...

Deme
2013-11-13, 06:17 PM
Beatrice sighed happily, basking in the cold, grave-like stillness of the manor after the exciting trip. She'd allow herself this, for a moment.

"How peaceful... But I see there's still more manners to be taught."

Moment over. She pouted and folded her arms for a moment, flapping her wings to get a little water from the walk over off of them -- wings and umbrellas, especially for three, don't get along.

"Hello?"

She called out as loud as she could.

Atreli
2013-11-15, 10:07 AM
Liote scowled as he got a good look at the inside of this place.

Money had always made him uncomfortable especially of this caliber. It felt foreign and fake not at all like his days of riding through the countryside as a mercenary.

Freedom. Women. And the only company you have is your sword and horse.

Instead of yelling as well, he scanned the rooms for any sign of obvious moment. Someone had to have heard that right?

Benson
2013-11-15, 11:46 AM
"You think there would be someone here to greet us..." Isabella commented as she raised her brow, both her suitcases clutched in her hands still.

"Hmmm..." She mused as she looked around.

Lycan 01
2013-11-16, 09:13 AM
Nope, doesn't look like there's anyone here. Just silence and stillness. Maybe if the maids and butler look around, they might find-

There's a particularly loud clap of thunder outside the manor, almost as if right overhead. For a moment, the lights in the foyer flicker, before blacking out. The room is cast into total darkness for a brief moment, before the lights suddenly spark back to life. Light returns to the room - and makes an interesting revelation.

Standing at the landing between the two staircases at the far end of the room is a young man, casually leaning against the wall with their arms folded over their chest, and a cheery little smirk on their face. They're very well dressed, clad in black and sporting a stylish frock coat that seems to hang a bit loose on their lithe, somewhat small frame. A little on the short side, he seems to look rather youthful, perhaps in his late teens or early twenties, with loose blonde hair that seems to frame his face and threaten to obscure his eyes. His eyes themselves appear to be a crimson or ruby hue, and if one were to look close enough, would almost hint at containing wisdom and experience beyond a mere two decades of life.

"Good evening!" the youth jovially greets the trio, his smirk turning into a warm grin as he nods to them. "I see you've finally arrived. I hope your journeys were favorable?" His voice is vivacious and cheerful, but something in his tone hints at the reserve and control found in one of noble bearing and standing. If not the lord of the house, then this youth is no double a member of whatever noble or aristocratic dynasty dwells here.

Atreli
2013-11-16, 10:20 AM
"If thee call an assault on thy carriage favorable." Liote said quietly.

He probably should have held his tongue. But a horsemen out to get them not really the best foot to get off of.

Deme
2013-11-17, 07:50 PM
Beatrice curtsied.

"Well, sir, we were accosted on the road by a rather rude man. He was easily deterred when I reminded him of the silliness of riding about in the rain interfering with the roads."

She put a hand to her chest in pride and nodded fiercely on rising up. Then her eyes opened and she blinked. She turned to her companions.

"Say, do you suppose he was a highwayman?"

Benson
2013-11-19, 07:31 AM
"Perhaps," Isabella commented, her eyes focused on this person before them.

"Any ways, are you the master of the house?" She asked setting her suitcases down on her sides.

Lycan 01
2013-11-22, 09:06 AM
The young man nods. "Ah yes, the Horseman. He's been a bit of a thorn in the side of the locals for years. Always accosting folks on dark and stormy knights like this, attempting to hamper their travels or decapitate them and steal their souls," he says with a small roll of his eyes, as though something that outrageous is boringly common.

He then smirks knowingly. "However, I understand you three sent him scurrying back to whatever ghostly realm he hails from with his tail between his legs. Bravo. I'm sure the peasants will appreciate not having to deal with him for awhile..."

He then holds a hand up to his chest. "And yes, I am the master of this house. My name is Lord Alex Carmille." He gives low, courteous bow, smirking softly. "Welcome to my home, Misses Beatrice and Bella, and my dearest cousin Liote. Do you have any further questions before we get down to business?" he asks, rising up to lean back and tilt head slightly to the side inquisitively.

Atreli
2013-11-22, 09:31 AM
"Certainly, I do dear cousin but I t'would prefer conversing in private rather then upset the ladies."

Liote scowled at Alex when he finished speaking as if daring a no to emerge from those fancy lips of his.

Benson
2013-11-27, 12:16 AM
"My questions will likely come up as we 'get down to business' as you put it," Isabella looked Alex over, furrowing her brows. She looked between the two boys, Alex and Liote, mildly surprised that they were relatives.

Deme
2013-11-30, 03:21 PM
"Does anyone else work here?"

Beatrice asked after some thought -- sure, it'd be easy to walk away not asking anything, but then...There'd be little room for surprise. Besides, she was sure she heard a voice, like someone speaking softly, and from very far away.

Lycan 01
2013-11-30, 03:31 PM
The young noble looks slightly confused by Liote's scowling, if not a bit hurt. "Oh, but of course. However, I feel like some things should be out in the open and made quite clear for all to see, so as to avoid any misunderstandings or future issues. So first things first, and then we can have a more private discourse."

Alex looks over to Isabella, and smiles charmingly. "But of course. I suppose we should get started then. Which, brings us to Miss Beatrice's inquiry."

He then turns to the ghost, and gives a cheery smile. "Living? No. There are, however, several ghosts, apparitions, and cursed items scattered about the manor serving various purposes, from guardianship to merely being an annoyance," he says factually. It's almost like he's being serious...

Deme
2013-11-30, 03:57 PM
Beatrice shook a little, her hands clutched together in fear. Ghosts? Living objects? What sort of work had she been called to, exactly? Still -- she would have to bear it; she felt, with an odd certainty in her chest, that there was nothing to return to.

Still, she narrowed her eyes, and eventually said,
"I-I apologize," She meant for her visible quaking. "But I must say, it's frightful to imagine such a charming residence to be haunted."

Atreli
2013-12-02, 12:19 AM
Liote folded his arms over his chest and waited til the idle chitchat was over.

At the mention of the haunted things, he shrugged. He supposed he should be afriad as it was something out there you couldn't get rid of with a sword but it could be gotten gone with something else perhaps and it was that thought that comforted him.

Benson
2013-12-02, 01:07 AM
Isabella stifled a slight snerk on Beatrice's last statement and worked her jaw trying to take this all in. Very unusual this whole...situation was. None the matter....Isabella would just have to adapt and adjust, take it in stride but keep alert. It would be unprofessional to....fall apart over 'little' things...like oh you know, traveling clear across the world almost to some backwater country of gothic horrors. Little things.

Lycan 01
2013-12-04, 12:23 AM
"Oh yes, quite haunted," the young nobleman says with an apologetic smile. "Ghosts, demons, a cursed basement... more on that in a bit, actually," he muses with an offhand wave. "But first, there's a more pressing matter to address. I'm afraid that not only are you working in haunted, but you are also working for an employer who is a vampire."

Lord Alex Carmille flashes a crooked grin, revealing a pair of glinting fangs, and his eyes glint with a slight glimmer of ethereal crimson light.

Well that's... different.

Benson
2013-12-08, 09:43 AM
Very different. Isabella wasn't quite...prepared for that....wooden stakes were not something she had brought along.....ah well....not like she couldn't fashion her own at some point. She took it all in and then feigned a smile.

"I see....well...this can only...be interesting employment..." She quipped.

Atreli
2013-12-08, 01:50 PM
Wonderful.

The only family he had left and it was a vampire.

It had been too long in his mind that there was no one around to be there for him.

Not like his old family...

Maybe this could work if he tried hard enough.

"Indeed, Miss Isabella."

Deme
2013-12-09, 12:04 PM
Today was full of surprises, it seemed. Beatrice started a bit, and decided to bite back the comment that he looked so healthy -- and instead folded her arms suspiciously over her chest (one fist, though she wouldn't have realized it, going up to cover her heart) and asked, not judgmentally but with a voice of caution,

"...And so, is it just housework, or... Will you be requiring other things of us?"

Lycan 01
2013-12-10, 11:50 PM
The vampire gives a dismissive wave of his hand. "Mostly just housework. I take my meals from the local villagers. However..." He flashes a crooked grin, fully showing off his fangs. "Voluntary contributions and service beyond the call of duty are always rewarded handsomely."

Well, that's one way to get on the new Master's good side, at least. Not many individuals, living or dead, would turn down a free meal...

Atreli
2013-12-15, 11:37 PM
And with that, Liote drew his sword and pointed at their new master of the house.

" You watch yourself, cousin around myself and the ladies or else I might have to run you through. " His deep accent from a place he really shouldn't claim anymore, came out nice and thick on his words.

He sheathed his sword back in one swift movement before speaking again, accent still in place.

" Now, I believe we were to going discuss matters in private now that all the pleasantries are done?"

Deme
2013-12-16, 08:48 AM
Beatrice jumped forward a bit at the whole sword business, her black wings, though which the room could still mostly be seen, flaring out.

"...Hey! He said we didn't have to, right? All clear, black and white!"

Benson
2013-12-16, 12:05 PM
Isabella had a contained startled expression from the turn of events and actions from certain persons here. Well...this /was/ interesting. Family reunions, always so quaint.

"Indeed, Miss Beatrice is correct, there was no...statement on any of us being forced to offer up our blood, twas to be voluntary yes?" Isabella commented calmly with a raise of her brows.

Lycan 01
2013-12-19, 04:27 PM
Alex narrows his eyes at Liote as the blade is drawn, his lips curling into a small smirk. "My my, dear cousin, it's nice to see you so adamant about the protection of these fair women. Chivalry is a respectful trait. However, might I suggest you save your strength and valor for actual threats?" he says knowingly, giving a small, aloof wave of his hand.

"As I said, any dining I partake in courtesy these lovely ladies would be strictly voluntary and consensual on their part, and there would be no permanent harm or disability befalling them. Ample meal and drink afterwards would have them right as rain in no time, and I would be quite thankful for their sacrifice. But as I said, strictly voluntary."

He flashes a cheeky grin at the girls, fangs glinting in the lamplight. "No pressure."

"Also," he looks back at Liote, and smiles apologetically, "I have not forgotten our need for private discourse, but I'm afraid there are still a few more things to discuss. Specifically, the responsibilities expected of you three, and also the matter of the cursed basement..." he muses thoughtfully.

Atreli
2013-12-19, 09:30 PM
Liote fell into compliance and leaned back on his heels for a second before straightening up again.

" Fine." He mumbled.

Deme
2013-12-20, 12:58 PM
"You know, your assurances actually sound more pressuring..."

Well, they did. She fidgeted, playing with her hands across her heart. She didn't object to the whole vampirism thing, but she didn't really want to put herself in a scenario where someone had teeth in her neck.

Then she shook her head, trying to dispel the sudden weight of worry.

"But enough of that. What about the basement?"

Benson
2013-12-21, 07:27 PM
Isabella listened and hmm'd and nodded where appropriate, her mind actually thinking about the just right amount of intimacy that...blood drinking allows to allow for a window of oh eeh, assassination. But that was neither here nor there, at the moment.

She nodded once more for the vampire to continue.

Lycan 01
2013-12-22, 07:53 PM
The vampiric noble smiles kindly at Beatrice, trying to alleviate a bit of her worry. "Yes, moving on..."

"The basement of this manor is cursed. You see, there was once a castle here, with a rather intricate and enchanted dungeon. The castle is gone, with the manor built over atop its foundations, but the dungeon still remains. Every time someone enters it, the dungeon rearranges itself. There are always five floors, but the each floor's structure, dangers, and spoils vary every time. Sometimes the first level is empty, sometimes its full of zombies, and sometimes there's a nice tasty lunch free to whoever feels like dining on it," he muses.

"Now, I'm not asking any of you to go down there. In fact, I'd prefer you all try to be careful and avoid any unpleasantness. I've had many servants go down into the basement over the years, and while some have returned with interesting discovers, more have failed to ever return at all," he sighs. "Now, of course, should you go down there and bring me back something nice, I'll surely reward you for your troubles. But please, don't go getting yourselves eaten by werewolves simply because you wanted to get me a new hat."

Benson
2013-12-26, 09:00 AM
Isabella hmmm'd and nodded her head. "Very interesting.....perhaps, sir, at a later time I could be regaled in the history of this home, my interest has been quite piqued, tis fascinating." She flashed a friendly smile.

Deme
2014-01-10, 01:59 PM
"Oh, I'd love to sit in on those stories... You have to wonder how a basement becomes an ever-shifting dungeon of mystery. Mad builders possessed by gods long forgotten, perhaps?"

Beatrice mused cheerfully, seemingly without a trace of sarcasm or concern. Yeah, she could go down a nightmare-basement, that seemed alright.