PDA

View Full Version : Beaches of Katani [Plot]

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 04:25 PM
A fair distance from Town (namely a country or two away) there is a large section of beaches that is remote and beautiful, all in all a good place for a vacation.
Apparently a large military group agreed with this, and somehow relocated a massive fortress onto a more hidden section of the beach...
[hr]
Earin, Alena, and SASO appear amidst the frings of a tropical forest, but in a place where they can clearly see the fortress.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 04:26 PM
Alena steps away from Earin and ruffles her wings, keeping them away from the undergrowth.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:28 PM
SASO steps away, and loads and cleans his guns.
Should've done this before we left...

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 04:29 PM
Hoseki appears and looks at the fortress. "Nice architecture."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:31 PM
SASO monetarily looks up from gun-cleaning.
Yeah. Its a shame it that we might have to blow it up.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 04:34 PM
"It is fairly well built, though I wonder how it got here. Certainly wasn't here when I first saw this place."
Earin considers the well built fortress.
"But you know, I assume they used magic to bring it here or something, so there might be some weakpoints since it wasn't built with this place in mind."

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 04:35 PM
Regiji and George wink into existence a few feet from Earin. Most of those feet happen to be straight up in the air.

"Damnit Sal! Shift us in on the ground for once!"

Sorry about that.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 04:37 PM
Alena looks over at the fortress, I don't know very much about architecture.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:37 PM
I imagine a forest like this gets a lot of rainfall.
You don't suppose we could dig underneath the soft, wet dirt and get them from below, do you?

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 04:38 PM
"Oh, it's fascinating. You can tell a lot abot a civilization by its architecture." Hoseki says cheerfully.

Penguinizer
2006-12-30, 04:42 PM
It is surprising isnt it. George says.

((Its getting late here, going off soon))

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 04:43 PM
Alena casts Steel Shadows and darkness forms around her body, forming shadow armor and a shield as she waits to move forwards.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 04:44 PM
"Digging would take far too long. They'd notice, unless we can get a quick way to dig. I assume we'll want to find a relatively unwatched place and either climb over or teleport through the walls."

Penguinizer
2006-12-30, 04:45 PM
Or hope the door suffers spontanious existance failure.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:45 PM
SASO activates a cloaking device on his rmor, and from all sides, one would only see the scenery past him, due to advanced camoflage technology.

What about flying in?

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 04:46 PM
Regiji settles to the ground slowly, then tosses the red rock to Earin.

"You forgot your temple contacting rock... thing."

Regiji glances at George.

"A SEF event? Eh, I could have helped with that, but I left my sister's gift at home," he shrugs apologetically.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 04:48 PM
"I could turn into a Tarswerdef to tunnel in." Hoseki says.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 04:50 PM
Let's just sneak in and get her.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 04:51 PM
Earin grins at Hoseki.
"That works. Of course, who knows where we'll end up, or where she is... assuming that she is in the castle, of course."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 04:51 PM
((Seems we have a several good options...unless the deity Plot hath chosen our path beforehand. What say you, almighty Plot?))

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 04:54 PM
((*Stephen stands over Plot's body, holding a bloody chainsaw*
What? It wasn't me, I swear!
In other words, go for whatever))

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 04:59 PM
((>.<))

Hoseki grins and points to herself. "Hopper sense. Within a range depending on my size, I can detect the exact nature of any object or being. No barriers. She's an Elan too, right?"

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 04:59 PM
Regiji suddenly has an idea. He snaps his fingers then digs the probe out of his pack. He points to Elya's holy symbol, then at the fortress.

"Is she inside there?"

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 05:00 PM
"Well... mostly. But even if you sense her as human, we should be fine, since I don't believe these people are human."
Earin nods to Regiji.
"I'm fairly sure."

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 05:04 PM
"Alright. How's this: I burrow under the ground, allowing myself to grow as needed. Once I sense her and figure out exactly where she is, I'll come back and teleport us all there. Then, we can get her, eliminating any guards (I'll tell you if there are any) and we'll teleport back. Sound okay?"

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 05:06 PM
"Lets hear Regiji's idea first, then we'll see."

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 05:06 PM
Regiji nods to the probe, which begins bobbing about in the air happily.

"See if you can find her."

"Yay! I get to be helpful!" the orb thrills.

The cyan blue light on its surface flares a little brighter as it pans its vision about in the direction of the fortress.

"Let's see, she's..."

((Is she inside? Oo))

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 05:08 PM
((yes she is))

Penguinizer
2006-12-30, 05:10 PM
George expresses agreement for the plan.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 05:12 PM
"Yes. I see her," the orb continues to twirl about in the air. Regiji grabs it and hold it eye level with himself.

"Show me."

He goes vacant for a moment, then blinks.

"Ok... I've got her position. This is probably going to be rough, they're on guard since Earin beat one of their officers senseless."

"I got to help save the day!" the probe enthuses as it rolls about in the sand.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 05:15 PM
Alena watches and waits, she hums a quiet tune with inspire courage included.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 05:15 PM
"Ok. Hoseki? If you could use your idea now?"

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 05:17 PM
((Am I the only one with the words "beaches of normandy" in their head whenver they see the thread title? ))

Penguinizer
2006-12-30, 05:19 PM
((I keep on thinking that this feels like a combination of metal gear solid and james bond :P))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 05:22 PM
((When we get in the castle, I might pull a Splinter Cell if I get the chance.:smallbiggrin: ))

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 05:24 PM
Hoseki nods and turns into a Huge, dusty brown armor-plated creature that otherwise resembles a breaver. Opening her mouth, she suddenly begins eating the dirt at an extremely fast rate. She quickly vanishes from view.

Penguinizer
2006-12-30, 05:24 PM
((I got the idea of enchanting the egg sandwich with explosive runes :P))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 05:25 PM
((That wouldn't be very tasty.))

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 05:26 PM
((Why does it say "Explosive sandwich on this- *BOOM*))
Earin watches Hoseki, shaking his head.
"I'm glad that she isn't trying to kill me anymore."

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 05:27 PM
Regiji quirks an eyebrow at Hoseki's transformation.

"Well, if I ever need to dig a ditch really fast I know who to call."

"Regiji!" the probe moans. "I've got sand between my joints!"

"Go soak yourself in the ocean then."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 05:32 PM
((Then the probe will whine about being rusty or wet.
By the way, the first time you mentioned the probe, my first thoughts were about alien probes. Eww.))

SASO shines his weapons some more, when he is once again contacted by Lord Magtok.

Hey, agent. Glad to see you're doing OK. Still thinking about your murder?
You did that. You know you did that. I don't know how you took control of me, but you did.
Don't get all worked up, agent. He can be brought back by Iames. Besdies, you made the right choice. There is no reason to allow threats to potentially continue.
The worm got away. What do you mean there is no more threat?
Your enemy has fear and respect for you now. That is the greatest advantage.
I swear, I'm gonna kill you.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 05:34 PM
((Oh it certainly will. And a fist sized alien probe? Ouch.))

"Regiji!" comes a voice that manages to drown out the sound of the waves. "The water's too cold!"

Regiji intentionally fails his Listen check.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 05:34 PM
Hoseki, under the fortress and cloaked from detection, magical or mundane, stops and focuses on her hopper sense, allowing herself to expand deeper into the earth until she can sense an Elan or human in the structure.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 05:36 PM
Alena continues to hum as she watches the others in the group.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 05:39 PM
Hoseki can sense a very faint human/Elan lifeform towards the bottom of the fortress in the north west corner.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 05:42 PM
((Any guards?))

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 05:43 PM
((Are you looking for human and Elan life forms only?))

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 05:48 PM
((She's not looking for a specific kind of life individually and not noticing anything else, just extending her sense (noting all substances and life other than human or Elan) until it finds a human or Elan, then examining the surrounding area.))

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 05:51 PM
((Kdokey then. Thats what I thought, just making sure))
Hoseki senses a number of strange, almost dual lifeforces in the air. There are about ten, but the strange dualistic effect might throw her off somewhat.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 05:55 PM
((Ten sets of alien siamese twins?:smallconfused:
Just kidding. I'm sure whatever Steve has will be cooler than that))

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 05:58 PM
Making a small grunting noise of satisfaction, Hoseki retracts what she grew to extrend her sense that far and heads back through the tunnel, which fills itself behind her. When she reaches the end, she returns to her Eperan form and grins. "I've found Elya. There are about ten guards, so be ready to fight when I teleport you. Everybody ready?"

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 06:00 PM
I'm ready to go

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 06:02 PM
Earin nods, putting his hands ready to catch his daggers as they slip out of his hidden wrist sheathes.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 06:08 PM
"I've already zeroed in on her, so I'll be shifting over myself," Regiji says with a nod. "Remember, we want to keep the noise down to a minimum. This needs to be quick and silent."

He chuckles.

"Good thing we have Earin the ninja on our side then."

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 06:09 PM
Earin glances around.
"Actually, will anyone be bothered if I just negate sound entirely?"

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 06:12 PM
"Not me." Hoseki says, scratching her left elbow.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 06:13 PM
Alena looks a bit startled at the suggestion and stops her humming, um, go ahead?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 06:13 PM
I'm fine with that.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 06:17 PM
"If it could make the Probe shut up for a few minutes then I'm all for it."

The probe comes zipping back to Regiji and darts into his pack.

"Yay! Time to save the damsel in distress!"

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 06:20 PM
Earin nods.
"Lets go then."

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 06:22 PM
Hoseki nods and teleports everyone except Regiji to the place where Elya is.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 06:29 PM
Hoseki, for obvious reasons, teleports the group to the closest area that can contain the group. Which is, unfortunately, right among the guards.
Of course, her other choice would have been to teleport everyone into solid stone, then getting them shunted out among the guards after everyone was stunned and injured from the experience.
There are ten guards, as she said, and they all have spined arms and legs. They wear a streamlined, almost reptilian looking armor made of gleaming silver. Upon seeing the intruders, six draw their swords and advance, while two stand back, preparing to cast spells. Two more stand back to protect the spellcasters.

Earin quickly manifests his will to deaden sound in the room.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 06:33 PM
Alena casts Flicker and Killing Shadows

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 06:35 PM
Hoseki laughs. Silently, though, of course. Moving faster than would be possible for almost any other living being, she is suddenly behind one of the spellcasters and swinging a fist made of bircak (a subtance fifty times harder than any material found on this dimension) at its head.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 06:37 PM
Regiji materializes directly behind one of the spell casters and attempt to snaps the man's neck.

((If you don't want any autohits on the grunts I'll change that. I'm used to being able to godmod squishy mooks from the last board I RPed at.))

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 06:47 PM
((Um, Regiji, if you'd allow them to respond, I'd really appreciate it. They may be NPC enemies, but I do have control over them at the moment))
Alena's cone of shadow catches four of the six advancing warriors, tearing through the armor of three, staggering and pausing them, while the last fends the spell off to some degree, and keeps pace with the two that were unaffected. Two of them swing flickering blue swords at Alena, while the third attacks Earin.
Hoseki's target is caught offguard, but his bodyguard is not. He lunges back at her, his suit of armor shifting and changing, leaving him with four silver and clawed arms, one of which blocks her attack (oddly suffering no damage) and three of which swipe at her eyes and face.
Regiji gets a good grip on the man's head, but his stiff armor leaves Regiji with problems as the joint between the helm and neck refuses to turn. The second bodyguard leaps at him, trying to grapple and pin him.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 06:55 PM
Alena flickers to a spot behind them and casts Eldritch disruption at an enemy spellcaster.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 06:55 PM
Hoseki makes no attempt to dodge the blows and the claws cut deep into her face, though no blood spills. As the gashes heal she silently laughs again, swinging her bircak first around for the bodyguard. The fist in question is now coated in a powerful acid, however, designed by Hoseki on the spot to eat through the armor.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 07:11 PM
Earin parries the attack against him, then counter attacks with a hidden dagger.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 07:11 PM
((Duly noted. Old habits die hard I guess >.>))

Regiji quirks an eyebrow at the unusually resistant armor and spots the guard moving in to assist. He sweeps one foot out behind himself for stabilization then proceeds to bend over backwards with the ease of an Olympic gymnast. Due to his current hold on the caster the poor man is pulled along with Regiji and finds his face growing nearer to the hard floor than he would probably be comfortable with. Regiji plants his now free hand on the ground (or on the caster's back if he face-plants) and continues his movement into a back hand-spring.

Regiji's rather uninteresting leather boot is suddenly charged with opalescent kinetic energy as the kick makes its way toward the guard's chin. Should it hit home the man would likely be lifted off his feet and into the rafters if he's unfortunate enough.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 07:18 PM
Hoseki's spellcaster is hit the Eldritch Disruption and finds his spellcasting weakened. Of course, as he was having trouble with casting in an area of pure silence, this is rather redundant.
The first bodyguard is slammed by Hoseki's fist and a number of ribs break, and his armor is eaten away at but oddly not destroyed. He growls and leaps at Hoseki, trying to hold her with two arms and rip her throat with the other two.
The second spellcaster wrenches himself in an odd fashion, trying to take Regiji and himself down to the floor. His bodyguard slams into the stone wall and slides down, unconcious or dead.
Two of the guards who were stunned split up and move to attack Regiji and Hoseki, their swords far more accurate than they should be. Another moves to attack Earin, while the two who had attempted to attack Alena before try again. Earin's attacker recieves a knife in the gut, but stoically takes the blow and swings his sword again.
((Summary- Hoseki has a grapple attempt and a sword attack on her
Earin is being attacked by two swordsmen
Regiji is grappling a spellcaster who tried to 'trip' them both
Alena is being attacked by two swordsmen))

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 07:24 PM
Alena flickers as the swords flash past, she reappears behind them and casts Killing Shadows at them

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 07:25 PM
Blast it all. These mooks are using Incarnum, or something like it. My aura won't erode it very quickly. Sal, shift me out of Merlin's personal space. Give me some numbers on these guys and synch my attacks up with the allies.

Sure thing Regiji

Regiji simply winks out of existence, likely much to both the surprise of the caster and the meat shield who was rushing over to kill the oddly dressed intruder. He rematerializes standing on the wall up near the room's ceiling, but his body is obscured from view. ((yay for hide in plain sight))

He surveys the room to determine which of his friends could use the most help.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 07:28 PM
Grossly, Hoseki's throat is ripped out. Whether the fact that there is still no blood may or may not make it less gross. Not seeming to notice, another arm grows out of Hoseki's torso at a tremendous speed, made out of bircak and oozing the acid. Given the speed and location of the arm, it will probably rip right through the bodyguard's body. The sword of the other person trying to attack her bites through her flesh harmlessly and bloodlessly.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 07:35 PM
Earin flicks out a second dagger and slices at his first opponent twice, then teleports behind his new opponent and tries to put a dagger through his throat.

Hoseki's punch explodes through the bodyguard, leaving a nasty spatter of blood, guts, and odd flickerings of incarnum behind him, which he falls back on, obviously dead. Her other attack backs off, raising his sword ready to defend himself.
Regiji's caster and the appropriately termed 'meatshield' look around. The meatshield rushes to flank Hoseki, also raising his sword defensively.
The two attack Alena simply fall dead at her feet, slain by the repeated shadow spell.
Earin dispatches his first attacker with ease, the slams a dagger into the armor of the second, stunning him, but not killing him.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 07:40 PM
Hoseki laughs some more, an odd, crazed light in her eyes. Without looking at either of her flankers, two more bircak acidy fists sprout from her body and at an impossible speed towards them. Her earlier wounds heal over, including her ripped-out throat.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 07:40 PM
((Sorry everyone. Suddenly had to log off without warning and have dinner. I'm back))

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 07:42 PM
Regiji notes that his pals seem to be holding their own, then vaults off the wall. He twists in mid-air and lands facing the caster with an orb of scintillating energy already formed around his fist. He swings his arm toward the poor grunt, fingers extended. The orb broadens and flattens into a shimmering blade that looks as though it's reasonably capable of opening up a number of important veins and arteries that even now pump blood to and from the caster's brain.

((Hurry Magtok! There are still a few mooks left to kill!))

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 07:42 PM
Alena frowns and flickers to another spot where she attempts to touch one of them and take them with her to the shadow plane.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 07:45 PM
SASO suddenly comes back into existence, with both of his blades out, and attempts to telekinetically knock a guard out by messing with his brain.

Sorry about that sudden disappearance.

He then attempts to telekinetically slam a guard agianst a wall.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 07:47 PM
Earin takes advantage of his stunned opponent and kicks him towards the wall, then reappears in front of him, dagger aimed towards his throat. The man runs into it and gurgles on his own blood as he dies.
Hoseki easily dispatches her two attackers with blows to the head, and SASO shoves one into her fist with telekinesis.
Regiji slices through the caster's neck, and Alena takes the other caster into the Shadow Plane.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 07:49 PM
((Are they all dead now?))

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 07:50 PM
((Except for the one on the plane of shadow))

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 07:50 PM
Alena leaves the other caster there as she comes back to this plane. She looks quickly around for any other enemies.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 07:53 PM
Earin slowly lets sound go back to its normal level and looks around. There are a few thick metal doors and a stairway on one end.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 07:54 PM
Hoseki laughs, though she seems less crazed now. She reabsorbes her various acidy extremities. "That was fun."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 07:57 PM
Just in case there is anyone in an adjacent room SASO whispers.
Where do we go from here?

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 07:57 PM
Do you want me to look through them, Earin? as Alena gestures towards the doors.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 07:58 PM
The glowing energy around Regiji's hand dissipates.

Then he looks down at the spatters of blood on his shirt.

His arms drop to his sides in a minorly irritated fashion.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 07:59 PM
Earin shrugs and reaches out with his telepathy, trying to find someone. His eyes flicker blue, and he seems to be a bit confused by something, then he shakes his head.
He walks down to the last door and tries to figure out how to open it. They are a solid, dark metal, and there are no handles, buttons, or any obvious methods of opening it.
"The only one thats occupied is this one. Now how do we get in?"
Hoseki can also sense that Earin is looking at the correct room.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 08:00 PM
Alena looks at the door curiously, I can go incorporeal and try to walk through it?

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 08:02 PM
Regiji accompanies Earin on his search and proceeds to examine the odd doors. Regiji's eyes narrow.

"They appear to be made of plot device. It may be difficult to get through. Likely there's a convoluted puzzle we'll have to solve."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 08:02 PM
I'm sure one of us can smash through that wall...or cut it down...

He looks at his energy blades for a second.

Wait..a plot device? Damn that Plot, always messing around with everything!

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 08:05 PM
"It's the right door." Hoseki says vaugely.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 08:05 PM
((NOTICE: Anything in my plots can be bypassed, should you have a logical way to do it. I DID kill the plot. With a chainsaw. And I'll do it again. *chainsaw sound*))

Earin glances at Alena.
"Will you be able to bring someone back through, or will you have to hope there is a way to open it from the other side?"

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 08:11 PM
We could travel back through the shadow plane, if there is no way to open the door from the inside.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 08:12 PM
"I could shift in and back out with her pretty easily. I doubt they have any Reality-Assertitron fields in here."

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 08:13 PM
Earin thinks, then nods.
"Okay then. Actually, couldn't we all just teleport in?"

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 08:14 PM
Regiji points at the black winged angle.

"You mean me or her?"

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 08:14 PM
We could try to take them by suprise, and rapidly cut a hole in the door. In that moment, they might be shocked long enough for us to make our move.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 08:16 PM
I'm willing to do whatever, we just need to get it done and get out of here.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 08:16 PM
Earin looks between them all, then frowns.
"Actually, why didn't we just teleport in there in the first place?"

((Hoseki should remember that the area is far too small for any more than 3 people, and one person, Elya, is already inside))

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 08:18 PM
Hoseki smiles thinly. "Sorry, should have mentioned that. It's only large enough for three people at one time, and Elya's already inside."

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 08:21 PM
"I'm going in. I should be able to get in and out fast. There's a good chance that just killing the hell out of their guards has already alerted them to our presence."

Regiji winks out, rematerializing inside the cell.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 08:26 PM
Its fairly dark inside the cell, the only lightsource a small, glowing blue orb in one corner.

In the other corner is a huddled form that must be Elya. Her legs are drawn up in front of her, and her arms wrapped around them. Regiji can't see her face, since she has it against the top of her knees, and her brown hair obscures the rest of her features.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 08:29 PM
Fortunately for Regiji he doesn't need much of a light source for sight. The fact this his natural vision isn't too different from True Sight certainly helps. He extends one hand to the woman huddled in the corner.

"My name is Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you," how he is able to maintain a straight face while saying this is a mystery even to the gods themselves.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 08:31 PM
He didn't come... Elya doesn't move at all.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 08:32 PM
Alena keeps watch outside the door.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 08:34 PM
Regiji, with the amazing interpersonal skills he learned from the internet, anime, and blowing stuff up recognizes that she's probably talking about Earin.

"Your husband is on the other side of the door waiting for you," 'Luke Skywalker' says reassuringly. "He threw together a rescue party as soon as he realized something was amiss."

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 08:37 PM
He didn't... Regiji's skills apparently aren't good enough to realize that Elya might be a bit beyond reasonable at this point.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 08:39 PM
Regiji walks over to Elya and kneels down beside her. He puts out one hand to place it on her shoulder.

"Let's get you out of here."

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 08:41 PM
Elya sobs quietly and doesn't resist.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 08:43 PM
((Hey Regiji, aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?))

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 08:45 PM
((Indeed I am. I'm also not wearing 'please shoot me' white.))

Regiji and Elya both suddenly wink in on the other side of the door, Regiji kneeling and Elya still curled up in the fetal position.

"She's pretty broken up," Regiji says, giving Earin a sympathetic look. "We need to get her out of here."

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 08:48 PM
Alena watches Elya with concern

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 08:48 PM
Earin kneels next to her and puts his arms around her. When she still doesn't respond, he simply picks her up. Anyone attuned to psionics might notice that Earin suddenly does something to enhance his strength by an insane amount.
"Hoseki? Can you get us out?"

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 08:50 PM
Hoseki nods and teleports them all to the sanctuary of the Temple of Inari.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 08:50 PM
((Quick, Regiji, we'll escape into the trash compacter. It won't hurt.))

((I gotta go again. Sorry.))

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 08:54 PM
((I've got a bad feeling about this.))

Regiji, as per normal, is unaffected by the teleportation.

"Get us out of here Sal, follow the leader."

Sure thing Regiji. Shifting in 3... 2... 1...

Regiji vanishes.

Penguinizer
2006-12-31, 03:34 AM
((Everyone forgot me again :P, if it dont post when something happens then npc me.))

George wonders where he is and the teleports after the rest of the party.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 03:17 PM
In the fortress, a portal opens up and Ac'tar steps through. After going through a large number of levels, doors, passwords, and guards, he finally gets to a large, circular room with four pillars at the four cardinal directions. In the center is a small pedestal with a pure black orb on top of it. He pauses.
Go get it.
Ac'tar walks towards it, and then suddenly passes out of Earin's vision and influence.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 04:54 PM
A man in crimson armor appears next to two guards. They start and draw their swords, but one is engulfed in raging blue fire while the other is silenced forever with a swift stroke of the man's sword.
Now where...
Down the hallway.
The unidentified man stalks down the hallway, his sword ready. He comes to an intersecting T hallway and suddenly shifts against the wall as the man passes, and oddly remains unnoticed. His eyes blaze.
Weak minded fools.
Eventually, after passing many guards and men by either avoiding or slaying them, he comes to the chamber Ac'tar had been in. He eyes the area warily.
We can foretell nothing.
We know nothing.
The man nods, then cautiously steps fowards, then nods again as he feels an antimagic effect fall over him. He stalks towards the orb and reaches out, then just before he touches it, he senses something.
They've reshaped the antimagic... there is a ready enchantment on the orb...
He considers the situation, then smirks.
Morons. So focused on magic...
He draws a nasty looking dagger from his boot and flings it at the orb. It bounces off.
Hmm... maybe not. Ingenious... unaffected by magic, but protected by magic...
The strange man pauses and thinks.
We need someone who can bypass magic without magic...
He moves out of the antimagic and vanishes.

Rebonack
2007-01-01, 09:25 PM
Regiji winks into the room where Admiral Ak'bar had ended his Dominate Person induced stroll.

Except, not really.

Well, he is there, but he doesn't wink in. This mainly has to do with the fact that Regiji's fimbrii weave is currently bending light in the visable and infrared spectra around his body, in essence granting him concealment despite the fact that he's standing in the open. The fact that he has m4d leet stealth skillz helps too.

He glances around the room to get his bearings.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 09:29 PM
Its a large, mostly empty circular room with a massive null magic field over it. Four pillars mark the edges and cardinal directions. In the center is a pedestal with a pure black orb on it.
Black doesn't quite capture it though. It literally seems to absorb light... and more. Regiji can almost see spare whisps of Incarnum being drawn into its darkened surface.

Rebonack
2007-01-01, 09:33 PM
Regiji's 'This is too easy' sense begins to nag at him. He approaches the orb cautiously, scanning the room for anything that might spring up out of the floor and impale him. Assuming nothing extraordinarily unpleasant like that takes place, he crosses the room to the pillar.

He places his hands on either side of the artifact and allows his aura of banality to extend around it.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 09:36 PM
Regiji feels the magic fade away from around the orb, and then, defying all rules of magic, the four pillars glow with energy and launch four Magic Missiles at Regiji, each spell shooting off five bolts.

Rebonack
2007-01-01, 09:45 PM
Regiji grins as the orb comes free. He doesn't when he starts to be shot at. He can't help but wonder why whoever set up the pillars didn't bother warding the place with something that could actually penetrate an aura that distorts magic in general. Like an Orb of Force or something.

The missiles are simply consumed by his aura, except one. It inexplicably penetrates and thumps solidly in the small of his back. Hurts like getting hit with a rock, but hardly enough to discourage him. Fortunately Regiji's last shift wasn't cross-planer, so the array has already had enough time to re-charge.

Let's get out of here Sal. I don't like having crap thrown at me.

Very well. Shifting in 3... 2... 1...

Regiji then ceases to be at the fortress along with their pretty black ball.