PDA

View Full Version : Is this right? (incarnate golem stuffs)

Yogibear41
2013-10-04, 04:47 PM
When applying the incarnate golem template to the Maug, does it have the following: (assuming it just has its 2 racial hit die and no class levels yet)

1. Still has skill points as an outsider for its 2 racial (now giant) hit die, in Savage Species it says that an Incarnate golem gains no skill points for becoming living, but if it already had them it shouldn't need to gain them correct? (I assumed this meant that golems that previously had no intelligence and who did not have feats/skill points already did not retroactively gain them)

2. Proficiency with Heavy Armor (and lighter) the general rule for constructs is they are proficient with no armor, however Maugs are stated to use armor in their description. As well as with now having the Giant type according to the MM giants are considered proficient with whatever armor they are listed as wearing as well as lighter.

3. Proficient with all simple and martial weapons, general rule for constructs is they are only proficient with the weapons listed in their entry, however Maugs are listed as using two-bladed swords an exotic weapon. However upon receiving the template they are now considered giants which according to the MM have proficiency with simple and martial weapons.

4. Low-light vision? Maug's originally have darkvision but by losing their construct traits they lose this, however Giants are listed as having low-light vision in the MM.

5. Do they retain their alertness base feat, as well as their starting level 1 feat. Like the skill question earlier, since most golems have no intelligence score and would not have had any feats to begin with. They should not retroactively gain them. But since a Maug was intelligent to begin with and already had a base feat as well as a feat for his 1st level, or racial hit die should he still be allowed those feats?

Thanks for the help. :smallsmile:

rockdeworld
2013-10-04, 08:52 PM
I'm assuming you mean Incarnate Construct, and will answer with that in mind.

1. Correct.

Some templates change how skill points are determined, but this change usually only affects skill points gained after the template is applied.
2. Yes.
3. Yes about the simple and martial weapons, though I'm not sure what you're asking about the two-bladed swords.
4. Yes.
5. By RAW, no, because an incarnate construct "has no feats when it becomes a living creature." Even if it would ordinarily have feats, now it has none.

Yogibear41
2013-10-04, 11:54 PM
Okay, cool I suppose losing my 1st level feat isn't to bad of a loss, considering I get +10 str, +4 dex, +2 int, and +2 cha for a +1 la(and 2 levels of Giant, which aren't the worst RHD especially considering I get tons of skill points)

rockdeworld
2013-10-05, 01:38 AM
(and 2 levels of Giant, which aren't the worst RHD especially considering I get tons of skill points)
No you don't. See 1. above.

Yogibear41
2013-10-05, 08:17 AM
? I have 2 racial hit die before the template, have skill points as an outsider for each one, template changes them from construct to giant, but I keep the high number of points I had?

rockdeworld
2013-10-06, 12:06 PM
What #1 is saying is that you don't get to reallocate skill points using your Giant RHD. If that's not what you meant, I misunderstood your post.

Yogibear41
2013-10-06, 01:00 PM
I'm saying that I get 8+int per level as an outsider for my 2 racial hit die.