PDA

View Full Version : help me make a loxodon

samuraijaques
2013-10-04, 06:48 PM
Hello playgrounders,

I was wondering what the best class would be for an anthropomorphic African elephant? I want to play a loxodon from the MTG universe. The level adjustment is going to be harsh but his strength will be through the roof and he will have a decent amount of natural attacks.

I was thinking that something with a religious influence to it would be really cool as loxodons seem like a pretty religious race. Champion of gwynharwyf (or however you spell that), crusader could be really good, or cleric even (although the 5 lost caster levels is pretty painful and the medium BaB doesn't feel like it is playing to the races strength).

Anyway, how would you guys utilize the anthropomorphic elephant?

looking forward to hearing from you.

The Mentalist
2013-10-04, 07:02 PM
Particularly devout Lion Totem Barbarian?

samuraijaques
2013-10-04, 08:41 PM
I thought about barbarian, which is why I suggested champion of gwynharwyf. However barbarian is probably the least appealing of the choices I listed as far as what I would like to play.

Urpriest
2013-10-04, 08:44 PM
The loxodons from MTG don't map to Anthro elephants, they map to Loxos.

samuraijaques
2013-10-05, 12:12 AM
Why? Other than the fact that they both have loxo in their name? As far as I can tell loxos have worse stats, two trunks and a much greater ECL adjustment. Anthropomorpic elephants seem superior in basically every way.

Yogibear41
2013-10-05, 12:46 AM
Hollyphants in BOEDs are elephant people, although they have wings and lots of special powers 6 rhd and +9 LA /shudder

As far as classes go I would say cleric, paladin, or fighter would fit the best lore wise, although there is a loxodon monk card so you have that as well, and a card that is clearly a loxodon wizard. Gatherer ftw :smallcool:

Hope you run into a leonal named Ajani lol