PDA

View Full Version : Looking for combat focused character but I'm still undecided

Gorath
2013-10-05, 03:44 AM
Hey, I'm aware this is going to be very vague. However, I would like to play a combat focused character in a new adventure coming up. I'm actually joking at level seven but of course plan for 20. I've played usually mages and fighters with PrCs before. I know this really isn't the strongest living view point in d&d but I like to be a HIGH damage dealer. I would like a sneaky twf rogue swashbuckler or a ten million hit scout ranger but I would consider variations or something I've never tried such as Dervish.

*Houserules- I have a really friendly DM who's played since v1 d&d and chain mail. So we can use any book but the class or race would be discussed beforehand. Scouts are powerful in our game because we can use many shot, rapid shot and maybe multishot in conjunction. Ive never played one but a friend has.
I don't know what else to write because I'll take ANY suggestions, even a wizard build. Please comment if you wish for more detail.
Jack

Xerlith
2013-10-05, 06:01 AM
I know it probably sounds boring by now, but take a look at the Tome of Battle book. It's basically a book about all you want.

Swordsage1/Warblade14/Bloodclaw Master 5 makes a nice 2WFer (Shadow Blade feat), as does DFI Bard6/Warblade14

Swordsage has this sneaky monk-ninja feel.

Finally, you can go Dex/Int Swashbuckler3/Swordsage1/Warblade11/Bloodclaw Master5 for Dex and Int focused character. Dual wield Kukris for more fun.

That's about it about 2WFing.

Being the heavily armored guy?

Crusader is a great tank-support, fun things can be done with Crusader, Cleric (or Divine Bard variant), Prestige Paladin and Ruby Knight Vindicator for a divine combatant.

Crusader/Warblade is amazing at taking hits and punishing people for it.

If you specify what you want, we can give the ideas more accurately.

Andezzar
2013-10-05, 06:28 AM
Gishes are fun, especially if you go for 9th level spells and a BAB of 16+.

If in Faerun and you can stand the pointy ears, how about an otherworldly Sun Elf Wizard 5(Elven Generalist, Spontaneous Divination)/Eldritch Knight 3/Abjurant Champion 5/Eldritch Knight or other PrC with full casting and BAB 7?

(Persistent) Wraithstrike + Power Attack is a nice way to get damage up. Combine that with a Hydra for lots of attacks and you should be set up.