PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Ranger archer build tree?

isildur
2013-10-05, 05:10 AM
1.Rapid Shot
1.(human)Pointblank Shot
2.(style)Precise Shot
3.Deadly Aim
5.Weapon Focus
6.(style)improved precise shot
7.many soht

currently, i consider this tree. but i'm not sure about 9,10,11 lv feat. which feat is nice?

Sayt
2013-10-05, 05:59 AM
I'd look into the Snap Shot tree, Combat reflexes and then maybe the Combat Patrol tree (Although CP has so many feat taxes and it's somewhat situational).

"Oh, you moved while within 30 feet of me? I shoot you for every square you leave."

Also, I'd consider the Sable Company Marine archetype (Hippogriff Rider). Take Mounted Archery as your lvl 2 style feat, and fly around drive by-ing people.

Also, don't take Precise shot at your style feat at two. It's completely invalidated at lvl 6. If you really need it in the intervening levels, retrain it as soon as you hit six.

isildur
2013-10-05, 06:16 AM
I'd look into the Snap Shot tree, Combat reflexes and then maybe the Combat Patrol tree (Although CP has so many feat taxes and it's somewhat situational).

"Oh, you moved while within 30 feet of me? I shoot you for every square you leave."

Also, don't take Precise shot at your style feat at two. It's completely invalidated at lvl 6. If you really need it in the intervening levels, retrain it as soon as you hit six.

1.How can i get 30ft threaten area? snap shot just gives 5ft, and combat patrol gives 20ft max at 20bab. so, it's just 25ft

2.improved precise shot doesn't give ability to avoid -4 attack roll by close ally.(or i'm wrong?)
Benefit: Your ranged attacks ignore the AC bonus granted to targets by anything less than total cover, and the miss chance granted to targets by anything less than total concealment. Total cover and total concealment provide their normal benefits against your ranged attacks.

Sayt
2013-10-05, 06:25 AM
Shooting into combat penalties are from cover (IIRC). IPS ignores all AC from cover (Except total cover), QED, IPS makes Precise Shot obsolete.

Improved Snap Shot (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-snap-shot-combat) tacks on an additional ten feet on top of Snap shot, giving you 15 threat area, equivalent to a large creature with a reach weapon. Combat Patrol further extends this by up to 20 foot, to a maximum total at level twenty of 35 Foot.

And Greater Snap Shot (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/greater-snap-shot-combat) gives you damage bonuses (And crit confirmation, but eh) when you make ranged attacks of opportunity.

isildur
2013-10-05, 06:34 AM
Shooting into combat penalties are from cover (IIRC). IPS ignores all AC from cover (Except total cover), QED, IPS makes Precise Shot obsolete.

If you shoot or throw a ranged weapon at a target engaged in melee with a friendly character, you take a –4 penalty on your attack roll. Two characters are engaged in melee if they are enemies of each other and either threatens the other.

It's a penalty to attack roll, not an ac bonus to defender. so, can not ignore.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-10-05, 09:38 AM
Here you go:

1 Point Blank Shot
1 Rapid Shot [Human]
2 Precise Shot [R2]
3 Deadly Aim
5 Weapon Focus
6 Imp. Precise Shot [R6]
7 Manyshot
9 Clustered Shots
10 Point Blank Master [R10]

Note: You need weapon focus for PBM, and since you need BAB +6 for Manyshot and Clustered Shots (both must-have feats), I stuck it in at 5th level.
If the ranger were not human, I'd have dropped Deadly Aim to make the feats all fit. Long term, it's not essential. In fact, I've found at higher levels it actually hurts my damage output (because my damage per arrow is so high that taking a -10% chance to hit for +8 damage or so just isn't worth it).