PDA

View Full Version : Choose item, CL 7

madtinker
2013-10-05, 10:40 AM
In a solo campaign the DM recently rewarded my character Angus with his pick of items from a collection. "Figure out a type of item, caster level 7 or below."

Now, a luckstone would fit in with the character beautifully, but it got me thinking what is the most fun/powerful item I could ask for that fits the criteria.

Angus is a 7th lvl cleric of Kord, with the luck/strength domains.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-10-05, 01:04 PM
A +2, Anarchic, Holy, Speed, Warning, Aquatic, Illuminating, Caustic Surge, Flaming Surge, Icy Surge, Lightning Surge, Displacement, Flying, Initiative, Agility +6, Balance, Adamantine melee weapon.

+2 (DMG), minimum caster level 6th.
Anarchic (DMG), +2 cost, caster level 7th.
Holy (DMG), +2 cost, caster level 7th.
Speed (DMG), +3 cost, caster level 7th.
Warning (MIC), +1 cost, +5 Insight bonus to initiative when held, caster level 7th.
Aquatic (MIC), 2,000 gp cost, can use it underwater unhindered, caster level 7th.
Illuminating (MIC), 500 gp cost, when drawn creates bright illumination 20 ft., shadowy for another 20 ft., caster level 5th.
Caustic Surge (DMG2), 2,000 gp cost, spend a swift action immediately after making a successful melee attack to deal 2d6 acid damage, usable Cha mod/day, caster level 5th.
Flaming Surge (DMG2), 2,000 gp cost, spend a swift action immediately after making a successful melee attack to deal 2d6 fire damage, usable Cha mod/day, caster level 5th.
Icy Surge (DMG2), 2,000 gp cost, spend a swift action immediately after making a successful melee attack to deal 2d6 cold damage, usable Cha mod/day, caster level 5th.
Lightning Surge (DMG2), 2,000 gp cost, spend a swift action immediately after making a successful melee attack to deal 2d6 electricity damage, usable Cha mod/day, caster level 5th.
Displacement (OA), 100,000 gp cost, when held opponents have a 50% chance to miss you per the spell Displacement, caster level 5th.
Flying (OA), 16,200 gp cost, hold it aloft and speak the command word and it flies, dragging you along behind it (think of Thor using Mjolnir to fly), for up to 50 minutes/day, caster level 5th.
Initiative (OA), 20,000 gp cost, +2 Luck bonus to initiative, caster level 5th.
Agility +6 (AO), 18,000 gp cost, +6 Resistance bonus to Reflex saves when held, caster level 5th.
Balance (OA), 1,280 gp cost, +8 Competence bonus to Balance checks, caster level 5th.

Total Value: +10 equivalent (200,000 gp), Adamantine (3,000 gp), base weapon (300 gp masterwork, plus base weapon price), plus all the flat rate magic properties: 369,280 gp plus the base weapon's price (50 gp for a Greatsword, 0 gp for a Club, etc.).

madtinker
2013-10-05, 01:54 PM
Woah...that is truly impressive. If I never wanted a DM to trust me again, this is the item I would ask for.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-10-05, 02:08 PM
Woah...that is truly impressive. If I never wanted a DM to trust me again, this is the item I would ask for.

Then get rid of Anarchic, Holy, Warning, and Initiative, and the price is below 200,000 gp.

Just making it +1 Speed Displacement would be worthwhile. Make it a Club and put Unguent of Timelessness on it, and cast Brambles or Spikes on it every day. The Unguent makes it last 365 times longer, or 36.5 minutes per caster level. Use a Lesser Rod of Extend and at your current level either of those will last about 8.5 hours.