PDA

View Full Version : Voices (Dungeon 2A)

Philemonite
2013-10-05, 03:32 PM
As you pass through the door you enter the darkness that your eyes can not penetrate. You start to feel the darkness swallowing you as your consciousness starts to slip. A voice startles you and wakes you from this mental slumber. You realize that the voice is familiar as you regain your senses.

"I believe your transportation was successful, but I still need a confirmation. Otherwise I would have to keep talking to draw your attention and I tend to overdo it, and you feel uncomfortable interrupting me, and I don't realize you are waiting for me to stop talking, and then it gets really awkward, and then I...Anyway, are you OK?"

Moonbeam Funk
2013-10-05, 06:21 PM
Darkness...

Trapped in darkness...

It's a familiar and yet unfmiliar feeling for Emmerson. Even the lone voice did not immediately free her. She shook her head a little and tried to organize her thoughts. Where... Oh, that's right. The door... We went through the- Her own thought was interrupted by another. "We" went through the door.

"H-hello... ?" The sudden sound of even her own voice startled her in the otherwise quiet atmosphere, but Emmerson needed to know if her two teammates were safely present.

Xhosant
2013-10-05, 09:07 PM
It felt different this time. More like falling asleep, or waking into a dream? Last time, they were merely blind, this time he felt numb.

He could hear a voice, in his one ear. Distorted, and ranting. He couldn't figure what it was saying. And then another one, different, more natural.

"Anyway, are you OK?", said the ranting one.

"H-hello... ?", asked the other.

Actually, they were both asking. Him?

He shook his head and the drowsiness was swept away. Alexandra through to communicator, and Emmerson nearby, those were the voices.

"I'm here. Seems all right.", he said, addressing both. "Davis, all well?"

dethkruzer
2013-10-06, 02:42 AM
Sleepy... So sleepy... Davis couldn't describe the sensation, his sleep-deprived brain unable to interpret the messages his senses sent, it was like he was vanishing into the darkness...

As quickly as the strange feeling had appeared, he was snapped out of it by some familliar voices. He blinked a few times, seemingly confused. It took a moment before he got a hold of himself. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm alright, I think." He finally replied.

Readjusting his communicator, he then took out his card. "So, what now?" Davis asked through his communicator.

Xhosant
2013-10-07, 08:42 AM
Soga started fishing through his pockets for his card, for two main reasons.

The first was simply that he'd feel safer armed in here, and perhaps they'd offer some light like last time.

The second was to hide his expression as he spoke in the communicator, hiding the concern from his voice as well.

What he said was, "Say, Alexandra, I must be tired from yesterday, i got really sleepy for a second back there. Entering didn't feel half as tiresome last time.", all with a leisurely tone hinting at small talk.

What he meant was, Should we freak out about this, Alexandra?

But he didn't want to alarm his allies, Emmerson in particular. Here's hopping their handler got the hint.

Philemonite
2013-10-07, 11:16 AM
"You guys had me worried for a second. I don't wanna be known as the lieutenant that lost her own team. Actually, there was that one guy who took his team to the mall to celebrate a successful mission. They just scattered and he spent like two hours looking for them. Well, in their defense they were stuck in there hours. There was a problem with the door, and they couldn't get back here. They had to walk to another door, and it wasn't a really friendly area and it was not very fun..."

"Say, Alexandra, I must be tired from yesterday, i got really sleepy for a second back there. Entering didn't feel half as tiresome last time.", all with a leisurely tone hinting at small talk.

"There are always a few tricks that this place has, but it might just be too much oxygen, or something like that. I watched this documentary once, and it was so weird. This guy was..."

As her story continues you feel even less safe and you start to think you hear whispering all around you.

Xhosant
2013-10-07, 04:23 PM
"Did you just say another door? Where was the outside of this other door, roughly?"

If Soga was seeing this correctly, it meant either that another door was rather close, or that distances inside and outside the door are not uniform...

"Oh, and, I think there's something wrong with the comm-link, I'm getting static, or some sort of feedback..."

He knew this wasn't it, however. He could swear he heard it mostly from his uncovered ear. He shaped his weapon from the darkness again, feeling the reassuring texture of the cloth-like steel. Great, now the darkness talks to us. Ominous.

Philemonite
2013-10-08, 07:04 AM
"Did you just say another door? Where was the outside of this other door, roughly?"

If Soga was seeing this correctly, it meant either that another door was rather close, or that distances inside and outside the door are not uniform...

"Oh, and, I think there's something wrong with the comm-link, I'm getting static, or some sort of feedback..."

He knew this wasn't it, however. He could swear he heard it mostly from his uncovered ear. He shaped his weapon from the darkness again, feeling the reassuring texture of the cloth-like steel. Great, now the darkness talks to us. Ominous.

"There are many Velvet Door on that side. It is like a one big transportation network. That's why we have to punch in the right code every time we use our door, every code leads to another place. Theoretically, our door can lead you anywhere in the Velvet World. Practically we are a little more limited. Transportation to a farther area requires a lot of energy, and we already had a few blackouts when we tried to go to far. Last year I had to spend two months with one of the European teams, cleansing their area. That was so boring. Anyway, there are no problems on my side, I hear you loud an clear. Are you guys OK?"

The whispers start to sound a bit clearer, but still not enough to understand.

"M..e t. f..s."
"F..s. .l..d"

Xhosant
2013-10-08, 07:27 AM
"That's why we have to punch in the right code every time we use our door, every code leads to another place.

Of course, the doors aren't pairs... Should have figured.

"We think so, but something's off. You guys hear this?"

What are you trying to say, dammit?, he thought as he tried to focus on the whispers and make sense of them.

dethkruzer
2013-10-08, 10:53 AM
"Wait, I wasn't the only one hearing that?" Davis asked, mostly from his allies although it also went through his communicator, he sounded surprised. "Okay, I think I'm starting to freak out a bit." He uttered, a hint of tension in his voice as he manifested his Butterfly knife and flicked it open.

Moonbeam Funk
2013-10-08, 10:21 PM
"I d-don't like this... Th-that voice..." Emmerson muttered as she tightened the grip on her bow. She glanced around nervously, but she was at least glad that apparently the three of them made it in alive and uninjured. "What are we s-supposed to do now, then?"

Xhosant
2013-10-09, 02:17 AM
Soga had yet to make sense of the whispers. Noticing Emmerson's nervousness, he tried to calm the rest down.

"This is just the Velvet Beyond playing games. No reason to be worried more than about the darkness, for now."

I think..., he thought to himself. It was technically true, there was no hint of threat, but the whispers were irritating, more because of their incoherence than their presence.

After another moment of fruitless listening, he turns towards the darkness.

"All right, what's going on?", he asks in a loud and annoyed, yet still conversational, tone. Let's see how the whispers treat a direct question...

Philemonite
2013-10-09, 04:35 AM
As you focus on the voices you believe yo can hear the word "fresh".

As you look into the distance you think you see some movement, but it is so dark that you do not trust your vision.

dethkruzer
2013-10-09, 11:30 AM
" I don't know, I'm getting a really bad feeling about this." Davis couldn't help but speak his mind. He then cast his gaze on Emmerson, he couldn't help but feel sorry for her, so, in an unusual display, he took a sidestep toward her and rested his free hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, I'll see to your safety." He spoke to the girl, giving her a quick smile.

Philemonite
2013-10-12, 02:06 PM
The voices become louder and you are certain you can hear the word "feast", but they are suddenly interrupted by a somewhat familiar female voice.
"That is enough, leave them alone!"

Moonbeam Funk
2013-10-12, 09:20 PM
Emmerson wasn't very comforted by more talk of others protecting her. After all, that's exactly what her last partners said. She was sick of it.
"Fresh..."
She wanted to stand up and tell people that she could take care of herself and needed no protecting, but that clearly wasn't going to happen. Regardless, people constantly saying they would protect her only made Emmerson more frustrated. She never wanted to hear those words again, but she kept hearing them anyway. People wouldn't stop saying it!
"Feast..."
The nonsensical words in her head wouldn't stop. They only grew louder, and it was driving her mad. Emmerson already had an urge to just walk out of this place... But how? She couldn't, really. She was trapped. Hopeless. Why wouldn't they stop? Why? Why? Why why why whywhywhy?! Shut up shut up shut up SHUT UP!! "No more... S-stop it... Please..." She muttered under her breath, not even bothering to respond to Davis. Suddenly, a woman's voice called out.

"That is enough, leave them alone!"

It was just enough to break through the hellish whispers and keep Emmerson's relative sanity in one piece for now. "H-huh? Who... ?"

dethkruzer
2013-10-13, 01:05 PM
Yeah, Davis was starting to freak out big time, hyperventilation starting to set in without him noticing, just like the previous time. He held his butterfly knife in front of him in a feeble defense against this unseen adversary. His gaze darted about, ready to lash out at anything he could deem a threat.

The Female voice made something snap, as he took a few steps back, Strigoi manifesting behind him. Davis and his persona both turned toward the source of the voice, the monstrous vampire behind him brandishing a few motes of inky black fire in it's left hand.

Xhosant
2013-10-13, 03:02 PM
Just as Soga was about to panic, he heard the female voice. Not a second later, Strigoi was behind Davis, ready to attack.

"Wait!", he said in a low tone. "She's... different. Don't lower you guard, but don't attack yet."

Back towards the darkness, Soga addresses the voices again, the female one specifically.

"I am Soga. What is your name?"

The choice of words felt funny, but came naturally to him. She was someone unlike the Shadows they knew, and they ought to try and communicate with "her". A name exchange was the most sensible way. If this whole thing could be seen as sensible.

Philemonite
2013-10-15, 03:51 PM
You can hear a hearty chuckle and you start to notice an outline of a humanoid figure. A slight chill shocks your spine as you hear a slightly distorted voice.
"Such manners, I am impressed. My name is KĄd, of course."

Xhosant
2013-10-15, 04:13 PM
Soga doesn't know Emmerson is "Kid", as far as I remember (correct me if wrong), so if that was supposed to be important, Soga didn't notice.

"An interesting name.

I collect you hold some authority over the creatures residing here?"

Moonbeam Funk
2013-10-15, 11:18 PM
Correct. Emmerson doesn't introduce herself with her first name at all when it can be avoided, so Davis and Soga shouldn't know it yet.

Emmerson had placed a trembling hand on her Evoker, but right now she couldn't do anything but that. The mysterious person called herself by Emmerson's own first name... Could that really be a coincidence? Probably not. In fact, now that she thought about it, the voice was so familiar... Emmerson couldn't put her hand on WHY it was familiar before, but... "But that's... I-impossible..." She stammered, merely staring back at the darkness towards the vaguely human figure.

There was no more sound coming from the child-sized girl, yet her thoughts seemed to continue for her. Like usual, she could only think harsher things, and never say them. No, no, no... Go away... I don't like you. I don't like you! Her mind and heart continued to speak like this, while her lips didn't move. It was almost as if she was trying to will the being away with her negative thoughts alone, but that wasn't helping matters at all. If anything, it felt like Emmerson was being closed in on by her surroundings, becoming more and more helpless. Get out, get out! This is awful, I want to leave!

dethkruzer
2013-10-16, 03:24 AM
The vampire behind him let out a bestial grunt, before letting the black flames in it's hand dissipate. Davis flicked the butterfly knife shut as Strigoi dropped down into a knuckle-dragging posture behind him, although he didn't allow the Persona to dissipate yet.

"I have bad feeling about this." He uttered, hoping Soga and Emmerson would hear without drawing the attention of... whatever that thing was.

Philemonite
2013-10-18, 12:18 PM
As the figure steps into the feint light created by your velvet cards you realize why the voice was so familiar, it was Emmerson. There was something different about her, but the similarity was undeniable. The smile on her face looks unnatural, and her voice sends shills down your spine.

"Of course it is possible, I am you, and you are me. Granted, you are the pathetic and helpless version of me, but I'm sure I can find a use for you. As for your friends..." she looks at Davis and Soga "...I am sure we will have some fun. At least that one is interesting." She points at Soga. "I wouldn't say I have authority, but they do like to play with me, and I was hoping to find some new playmates." She chuckles ominously, putting accent on the last word.

Xhosant
2013-10-18, 05:43 PM
With the woman's appearance and last words, Soga realized just how likely a peaceful resolution was. The creature had already attacked, its words and very form a personal assault on Emmerson, sharp as any blade.

"Oh, I had every intention to play nice, but now you've gone and done it! Sorry for the holdup, Davis, she's chosen our game already after all!"

Soga extended his blade to the right with a swing, as Celaverimus materialized behind him.

I can spar with words, too. Let's see if your insults can reach her through mine...

"Say, Emmerson, time you showed me how a sham fades away!", he said towards the true Emmerson as he charged the sprite.

dethkruzer
2013-10-19, 01:04 PM
Davis seemed a little confused at what the other Emmerson had said, but then it all seemed to click into place. "Oh, is that so?" He asked from the creepy knock-off, a mocking tone in his voice. He then gave Soga a nod, flicking his knife open.

The boy gave Emmerson a worried look, before turning his attention to the other Emmerson. "Let's do this. Persona! He invoked, making the beast behind him let out a primal roar. Lifting his hand up, Davis slammed his palm to the ground, Strigoi following suit, sending a glowing crack along the ground toward "Emmerson".

Moonbeam Funk
2013-10-20, 10:53 AM
Emmerson continued to well up with negative emotion. She hated this shadowy mimic, and she envied her two allies for having the kind of strength to just fight like this... That wasn't something she was sure she could do. "Th-that can't be me... She's nothing like me..." She muttered, but then the volume of her voice grew. "You're n-not me! I won't a-accept that!" Emmerson's trembling hand gripped her Evoker more tightly. She's... Just a trick... She has to be... Even as that thought went through her mind, part of her was hesitant. Deep down she knew the truth. She could feel that there was more to this than just a "trick". This was supposed to be something to fight, but... Every second the small girl so much as looked in the enemy's direction, her body felt colder and colder. Who am I kidding... ? I can't do something like this... Not again...

Philemonite
2013-10-21, 05:30 AM
Soga-Miss
Davis-Deals 7 damage

Kid easily evades Soga's attack, but Davis manages to hit.
"You would hit a girl? That's not very nice. We should teach you a lesson."
With a slight movement of her hand two shadows appear almost out of nowhere and stand in front of her, guarding her from your attacks.
"Let the fun begin." She says as a purple mist extends from her hand and envelops her and the shadows.

Marakukaja: +2 Phy Resistance, 3 turns
Shadows are Chariot and Strength

Xhosant
2013-10-21, 05:56 AM
Soga's blade missed its mark, and he felt his momentum carrying him a step or two past the figment. Turning around, he saw two shadows, shrouded in mist, ready to defend "her". As the excitement of battle returns, he feels a little more confident than before. Things are much simpler now. Shall we try something new?...

"Girl? I didn't know shadows had genuine genders. It's too dark in here to notice, let me try to fix that..."

Celaverimus shapes a throwing knife out of the cloth scraps, different than usual. It carries a slight golden sheen, which grows into a bright light right before he launches it at the sham. Meanwhile, Soga dashes around the trio and to a spot where he can better interpose himself between his allies and any threats.

Moonbeam Funk
2013-10-22, 06:41 PM
Emmerson continued to deny the shadowy being's form. The form that was so identical to her own. But... I said I would fight. I didn't want people to have to protect me again... The grip on her Evoker tightened as she slowly started to raise it upwards. To any unknowing witness, it would of course look like she was committing suicide. The fact she had worked up a cold sweat didn't help matters. In a sense, it DID feel like Emmerson was going to kill herself right there. "I... I won't... Let this fake win... I h-have to prove that we're not the same! Sh-sh-she's nothing like me..." The small girl's glare was fixed on her own darker self. Deep down it was obvious that they actually were the same. That was Emmerson, just the part of her she kept locked away, and the "real" Emmerson planned to keep it that way. Rather than accept her true self, she was insistent on continuing to fight against it. "Y-you're not me! You'll be d-destroyed for sure!" The Evoker was placed against the side of her head less than a second later. Her heart was pounding rapidly in her chest, and her breathing was just as fast. Even though Emmerson had used an Evoker before, it wasn't something you entirely got used to. Despite all the evidence implying otherwise, part of her mind thought that maybe the Evoker she was given could've been a fake. What if it was a real gun? Could she really be about to... "P... Persona!"

Click.

There was no real bullet fired from that gun. Instead a sort of pulse was forcefully sent through her, unleashing the being she hadn't summoned in so long. A beautiful red-haired woman rose from the depths of Emmerson's being in a bright display. No, not just beautiful. That was underselling it. She was beyond gorgeous. This woman was more attractive than most mortal beings could ever hope to approach. That's because this Persona took the shape of Lilith, one of the most known succubi of myth. Lilith of the Devil Arcana, hidden deep inside Emmerson's soul, was brought out once again. Lilith's power was put to use with a magical gesture towards Soga first. His body would become a bit tougher, more resilient to damage than before, thanks to Rakukaja.

Non-attack moves don't need a die roll, correct? Also, if it's not obvious due to Emmerson's role and weapon, she'll be backrow pretty much every single time possible.

dethkruzer
2013-10-23, 07:27 AM
This was it, the real deal. Live or die. Fight and survive. Davis' thoughts raced, a need in the back of his head telling him to flee. He hushed the instinct, taking a deep breath to focus on drawing out the power of his Persona.

Slowly the mental pressure became much more obvious, almost as if someone had chained an anvil to his neck. His knees were about to buckle, but he persisted as smal black motes of fire flickered to life around one of the shadows. Each flame began moving, leaving behind glowing purple lines that began tracing an ancient sigil on the ground, scribing unspeakable names of dark gods and signing oaths most vile.

Finally the sigil was done, the flames that had fabricated it coalescencing in the center. The sigil pulsed with dark power, fueling the black flames into a blast of inky death that attempted to consume one of the shadows.

Using Mudoon on the Strength shadow.
Using minor action to restore SP.

Cosmic Traveler
2013-10-23, 11:08 AM
Without anyone noticing, the Velvet door had opened and closed silently. Something had entered the realm. A feeling of dread looms over the entire scene of battle. Someone, or something had intruded the dimension.

"The scent of death is strong in this place... perhaps a funeral is in order, but for whom?" The voice said from the sidelines, catching the attention of everyone.

The light and sound of a materializing weapon briefly illuminated a silhouette of a thin and tall human. The sound of approaching footsteps and a swinging weapon in the atmosphere of the realm made the the already tense situation almost palpable.

"Oh, Pardon me, Where are my manners, I haven't introduced myself have I?"

The human continued walking towards the side of the battlefield, the light emanating from the Velvet Door slightly revealing his face, a white, pale face, clean shaven. In his left hand, a curved wooden shaft with a curved blade mounted at the extremity, two skulls facing each other was mounted on it.
http://media.steampowered.com/apps/570/icons/econ/items/necrolyte/death_protest_weapon/death_protest_weapon_large.3bc66a94aa665800b0f4635 e8a59dc2ceb295d49.png

"My name is Jeff, and I am the hand of death"

Jeff twirled his scythe around himself in an entrancing dance before stopping it, the blade behind him pointing upward held in his left hand as his right one was stretched forward as he exclaimed "PERSONA!"

a form began to materialize itself, at first, a shadow, then it took the shape a large humanoid, a winged humanoid. the persona wore an armored cloak of black velvet, a hood on his head but his face visible to all. Four wings were on his back, a wicked scythe in his hands and a look on his face showed disgust and repulsion.
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/263/0/b/thanatos____smite_by_kala_a-d6n44ze.jpg

"I am the one who reaps, I am the hand of death, I am the one delivers from the torments of live, I am Thanatos, the reaper of souls." Jeff said in a slightly disrupted voice that didn't quite match the one from a few moments ago

Jeff picked something from his pocket, revealing it to be a Velvet Card. "Foul Breath" Jeff said as he slashed the card with his scythe

Foul Breath, Target: Kid

Philemonite
2013-10-24, 07:23 AM
Soga deals 5 light damage (Chariot)
Emerson uses Rakukaja on Soga, (+3 Physical Resistance, 3 turns)
Davis deals 12 dark damage (Strength)
Jeff uses Foul Breath on Strength Shadow (-2 HP, 3 turns)

"Do I look like a mindless drone? You really need to check your eyesight. I am not a Shadow, I am Kid"

With a slight movement of her hand the shadows block all attack aimed at her.

Her gaze turns towards Emerson, completely ignoring the newcomer.
"Congratulations other me, you just became little less pathetic and a bit more useful."

Strength Shadow uses Sonic Punch on Soga (2 damage)
Chariot Shadow uses Double Slash on Davis (3*2 damage)
"Kid" uses Mamakakaja (+2 elemental resistance, 3 turns)

Xhosant
2013-10-24, 08:43 AM
Soga intercepts the attack aimed at Davis. Minor action for SP (if i can, correct me if I'm wrong).

You may want to update my DR from the social link.

Soga noticed the newcomer. He didn't know if he was to be trusted, nor what was up with that entrance, but he seemed to be an ally for now, and he held a card no less. He'd keep an eye on him.

Meanwhile, the two lackeys were swiftly catching up to the fake in "how much you annoy me" points. They intercepted both his and his allies' attacks easily. One of the shadows followed up with a blow of its own, but Emmerson's magic helped him almost shrug it off, just in time to stop the other shadow in its tracks. They had to go, both of them.

"I never said mindless, sham. Soulless, on the other hand..."

With that, and a mental cue, Cel was already preparing their next attack, shaping a longsword that interlocked with his own blade. Together, they swung wide against the shadow that initially attacked them.

Fatal End on Strength.

Cosmic Traveler
2013-10-24, 09:59 AM
"It seems you haven't understood me" Jeff said as he swung his scythe around.

"It's time for you to go to sleep now, forever."

Jeff drew another card, this time a different one. Sending it flying into the air, jeff summersaulted with his scythe, spinning it in a vertical axis while saying "Dream Haze!"

Dream Haze, target: Kid

Moonbeam Funk
2013-10-25, 04:28 AM
Emmerson was understandably surprised by the new person's entrance, which sent chills down her spine. Well, not like she wasn't already feeling chills, so I suppose it was better for that to be now while she's used to it. Her Evoker was raised hesitantly to her head once again, her finger shaking before she just barely managed to...
Click.
"R-rakukaja!"
Bang!
The Persona Lilith once again worked up her magical power and focused it towards physical defense, though this time it was on the child-sized girl's second teammate, Davis. She was doing her best at this point to try and ignore "Kid's" comments, since with every line she listened to she'd felt her own sanity slipping. Slipping more than it already might have been, rather.

Cosmic Traveler
2013-10-25, 09:56 AM
Jeff, tired from his acrobatics, thought that now, since no one was focused on him, would be the best time to take a breather.

He decided to move towards the rest of the more friendly group where took position behind Soga.

"I was told you could use the help this time around, You guys were missing a Controller and I happened to fit the bill, I might not have gotten Kid locked down, but the one who intercepted the venom is going to suffer for a while, as for the one I got down to sleep, don't interact with it until I say so, I want to maximize my card's effect, you hit it right now and it will wake up very soon after, let my venom work its effect and let it sleep, I don't want my efforts wasted. "

Jeff stuck the blade of his scythe in the ground, his persona disapearing for a moment. He picked up a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and opened it up to pick and light one up with his lighter before picking up his scythe again.

Jeff: Recovering SP

dethkruzer
2013-10-26, 03:23 PM
This is the one big downside Davis perceived in using his persona, as right now it felt like someone was trying to crack his skull from the iniside with a jackhammer. He let Strigoi vanish, taking a deep breath to ease to symptoms of the mental strain. Flicking his butterfly knife open and closed a few times, the boy charged at the enemies, trying to throw a long stab at "Kid".

using minor action to regain SP (could I get an update on how much I have? I've lost count)
Normal melee attack, aimed at "Kid"

Philemonite
2013-10-28, 08:44 AM
Soga uses Fatal End on Strength Shadow (11 damage)
Jeff uses Dream Haze on "Kid", intercepted by Strength Shadow (Sleep, 3 turns)
Emmerson uses Rakukaja on Davis (+2 Phy Defense, 3 turns)
Davis attacks "Kid", intercepted by Chariot Shadow(4 damage)

"Kid" uses Matarukaja (+2 physical attack, 3 turns)
Chariot Shadow uses Power Slash on Davis (7)

"Interesting. How do you define a soul, and why do you think I do not posses that quality? You shouldn't jump to conclusions, without any facts to back it up."

Soga
HP13/24
SP4/8
DR, Phy:3
+3 Physical Resistance, 2 turns
Davis
HP13/20
SP3/12
El. Power +2
+2 Phy Defense, 3 turns
Emerson
HP20/20
SP7/12
Status res:2
Jeff
HP22/22
SP5/10
DR, El:2

"Kid"
Damage taken 7
+2 elemental resistance, 2 turns
+2 physical resistance, 1 turns
+2 physical attack, 3 turns
Chariot
Damage taken 9
Strength
Damage taken 27
Sleep, 3 turns
-2 HP, 1 turns

Xhosant
2013-10-28, 09:26 AM
Facts? Wait a second...

Something had been bugging Soga from the start, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it, until now. Somehow, her rebuke had pushed him into realizing what it was.

He intercepted the other shadow's assault towards Davis, quite stronger than the last one, and countered with a blow powered by his card's energy. As the shadow reeled from the blow, he turned to "Kid" with confidence and a smile of understanding.

"My apologies. I see now, you're quite the opposite of soulless. You're a shed sliver of soul. A rejected, masterless persona, essentially, seeking refuge in this darkness. The facts? You're not using a persona, because you can't, and you don't need to. You can channel your powers just as our personas can.

Intercept and card-Cleave the chariot.

Cosmic Traveler
2013-10-28, 11:18 PM
Jeff took another puff of his cigarette, He threw the smoke down and stepped on it before whipping the hair from his face.

"So basically something that should not be. I'm curious as to how you have gained sentience and how you gained control of these shadows, but to be honest, I more more interested in ending your torment, your semblance of life, here and now. All you have to do is let Thanatos guide you to your final rest, where you can finally be free of this nightmare"

Jeff swung his scythe in circles around him, mindful of not hurting those around him as he stepped in front of the group.

"It must be tiresome and lonely for you, a used-to-be Persona, to be trapped in here, alone all this time. Listen to me, if you let us free you from this place and state, you will be able to return to your true form and become once again a full fledged Persona. Do you not wish to be whole once again?"

Jeff took a few steps towards Kid, ignoring the shadows around him. He picked up his pack of smokes, opened it up and picked one for himself and extended his arm towards Kid for it to take one

"There's a better way out of this you know, come on, take one, it's on me, I know solitude, it's my lot in life, that's the one thing I know. You're in a dark spot right now but we can help you, let us free you from this accursed place."

Jeff peered into Kid's eyes, trying to communicate his feelings towards the unbound Persona, trying to make a link with it.

"A man once said to leave peace a chance, he got shot for that by some lunatic, how about we try to see if that could actually work?"

Recovering SP and trying to make a social link with Kid

dethkruzer
2013-10-30, 11:07 AM
Davis didn't know what to think of how to react to the situation, so he just shook his head in disbelief. Fearing how the situation might unfurl, he took a moment to pull himself back together, before drawing upon the power within his.card, channeling it toward Jeff.

restoring SP
using card ability on Jeff

Philemonite
2013-11-01, 02:19 PM
"My apologies. I see now, you're quite the opposite of soulless. You're a shed sliver of soul. A rejected, masterless persona, essentially, seeking refuge in this darkness. The facts? You're not using a persona, because you can't, and you don't need to. You can channel your powers just as our personas can.

"That's better. I accept your apology, but you are still wrong. I am not a missing piece. I am not a shadow. I am not a persona. From your perspective I am the other Emerson. By the way, I hate that name.:smallyuk:"

"So basically something that should not be. I'm curious as to how you have gained sentience and how you gained control of these shadows, but to be honest, I more more interested in ending your torment, your semblance of life, here and now. All you have to do is let Thanatos guide you to your final rest, where you can finally be free of this nightmare"

"It must be tiresome and lonely for you, a used-to-be Persona, to be trapped in here, alone all this time. Listen to me, if you let us free you from this place and state, you will be able to return to your true form and become once again a full fledged Persona. Do you not wish to be whole once again?"

"There's a better way out of this you know, come on, take one, it's on me, I know solitude, it's my lot in life, that's the one thing I know. You're in a dark spot right now but we can help you, let us free you from this accursed place."

"A man once said to leave peace a chance, he got shot for that by some lunatic, how about we try to see if that could actually work?"

"First of all, I don't like you, you're mean. I did not gain sentience, and no mater how nicely you say it, you just want to kill me. That's the problem with you people, you fear what you don't understand, and you want to destroy it. And I am not alone, there are many others here. Besides, I don't want go anywhere with you, I am here because of the other me. You are insignificant to me, and I'm not gonna let you hurt me."

As "Kid" speaks you notice the anger in her voice, and more shadows start gathering around her.

Xhosant
2013-11-01, 03:33 PM
Soga perceived something that piqued his interest.

"Our perspective? What does that make of yours?

In simpler terms, how did you come to be? And what of these "others"?"

As he said that, he noticed more and more Shadows emerging from the darkness. Trying to suppress the fear in his voice, he adds another question.

"And what's your link to the shadows?"

Moonbeam Funk
2013-11-01, 05:43 PM
Emmerson felt confused, but also a bit mad. This "other self" truly did seem a lot like herself... Or rather, the "self" she kept hidden. She felt angry because of just how similar they were! Although Emmerson lacked the courage to say it, she wanted to tell Kid to shut up. She wanted that being, whatever it was, to disappear and stop showing herself to everyone like this. "R-regardless of what you are... I want nothing to do with you. J-just... Leave!"

BANG!

The Evoker was fired once more, releasing the succubus Lilith. Magical energy protectively embraced Jeff's form from the Persona's magic.

Buffing Jeff now. If I can't make a post next combat round, assume I'm on Dia duty.

Cosmic Traveler
2013-11-01, 10:14 PM
"There's a problem with what you say: we're fighting a defensive battle here, from what I know, you and your goons ambushed Soga and the others as soon as they emerged from the door, you're the one trying to kill them, not the other way around" Jeff said as he raised his right hand, his index finger pointing at Kid, his scythe in the other hand.

"We fear what we do not understand. Half of humanity has fear of the unknown, the other half strives forward and seeks to bring light to the darkness in order to understand. Sometimes, the darkness itself moves aside and reveals the light. In this context, you are the darkness, the unknown, you, your kin, fear us because you believe we would not understand you. You are half right and I can sympathize with you, but surely there are others of your kin who believes there can be a way for speech and negotiation to be done." Jeff said as he picked up and light the cigarette he tried to offer Kid.

"If I can believe you when you say you are another Emmerson, from that logic I can deduce there might be another Me where you come from, and if I go from the logic that you are the opposite of who and what Emmerson is, then I can already think of what the Me could be like. I think I can say I envy him and how he sees life, the Me that could have been. "
Jeff said before taking a puff from his smoke.

"So, I'm standing here, in front of you, your goons surrounding me, I have pointed out how this entire battle started out and I believe I am beginning to understand who you are. How about we all leave this place? I think you're smart enough to know a cease fire, so to say, and agree to stop this non-sense. If you think I enjoy death, you're quite wrong, I despise death, I have been surrounded by it my whole life. No one in here has a more intimate relation with death than I do and I find it quite Ironic that my Personna, Thanatos, the grim reaper of Greek mythology, is linked to me. I value life dearly and cling to it with all my might. Anyone, anything and all living things hold on to life as much as they can and I don't think you and your kin are any exception. Let's stop this fight on the promise to meet eachother again and talk things through."

Jeff took another puff from his cigarette, picked another one from his box and place it in Kid's hand.

"Might not look like much, but it's my way to thank you for not taking advantage of where I am to attack me. Just this proves to me you aren't into this fight for the sake of spilling blood."

And with that, Jeff turned his back to Kid and walked back towards the group, his scythe on his shoulder and his Personna following suit, giving one last look at Kid, nodding to her in acknowledgement.

dethkruzer
2013-11-02, 02:20 PM
Davis had to remind himself to keep breathing, so many frickin' shadows around, he was just about to freak out. He took a few quick breathes before finally mustering up the courage to speak. "I think we got up on the wrong foot. We're all good civil gents, right? So couldn't we talk this out? Maybe just tell your little buddies here that we taste terrible, and eating us would give them stomachaches. What do you say Kid, we can talk this out. Right? Right?" Davis said, at first sounding rather self-assured, although his voice inevitably began to crumble, until finally his speech was just above pathetic whimpering.

Cosmic Traveler
2013-11-02, 07:08 PM
"To me, this is already over unless Kid decides to completely make my last statement null and void, in which case I'll try to put her to sleep. If it comes to that, focus her, she's controlling the shadows, if she weren't, i would not have been able to come anywhere near her, the shadows would have ran me through" Jeff said as he smoked his cigarette.

Philemonite
2013-11-03, 07:06 AM
Soga perceived something that piqued his interest.

"Our perspective? What does that make of yours?

In simpler terms, how did you come to be? And what of these "others"?"

As he said that, he noticed more and more Shadows emerging from the darkness. Trying to suppress the fear in his voice, he adds another question.

"And what's your link to the shadows?"

"You are familiar with the other me, your perspective is affected by that. You are involved, so you can not be objective, no mater how hard you try.

I will answer it if you tell me how you come to be and what are you. You can't expect me to answer you if you can't answer me.

Can you explain what is your link to personas?"

"R-regardless of what you are... I want nothing to do with you. J-just... Leave!"

"You and I are already connected, what you want doesn't mater, you can not change this. Don't be a brat and accept the reality."

"There's a problem with what you say: we're fighting a defensive battle here, from what I know, you and your goons ambushed Soga and the others as soon as they emerged from the door, you're the one trying to kill them, not the other way around" Jeff said as he raised his right hand, his index finger pointing at Kid, his scythe in the other hand.

"We fear what we do not understand. Half of humanity has fear of the unknown, the other half strives forward and seeks to bring light to the darkness in order to understand. Sometimes, the darkness itself moves aside and reveals the light. In this context, you are the darkness, the unknown, you, your kin, fear us because you believe we would not understand you. You are half right and I can sympathize with you, but surely there are others of your kin who believes there can be a way for speech and negotiation to be done." Jeff said as he picked up and light the cigarette he tried to offer Kid.

"If I can believe you when you say you are another Emmerson, from that logic I can deduce there might be another Me where you come from, and if I go from the logic that you are the opposite of who and what Emmerson is, then I can already think of what the Me could be like. I think I can say I envy him and how he sees life, the Me that could have been. "
Jeff said before taking a puff from his smoke.

"So, I'm standing here, in front of you, your goons surrounding me, I have pointed out how this entire battle started out and I believe I am beginning to understand who you are. How about we all leave this place? I think you're smart enough to know a cease fire, so to say, and agree to stop this non-sense. If you think I enjoy death, you're quite wrong, I despise death, I have been surrounded by it my whole life. No one in here has a more intimate relation with death than I do and I find it quite Ironic that my Personna, Thanatos, the grim reaper of Greek mythology, is linked to me. I value life dearly and cling to it with all my might. Anyone, anything and all living things hold on to life as much as they can and I don't think you and your kin are any exception. Let's stop this fight on the promise to meet eachother again and talk things through."

Jeff took another puff from his cigarette, picked another one from his box and place it in Kid's hand.

"Might not look like much, but it's my way to thank you for not taking advantage of where I am to attack me. Just this proves to me you aren't into this fight for the sake of spilling blood."

And with that, Jeff turned his back to Kid and walked back towards the group, his scythe on his shoulder and his Personna following suit, giving one last look at Kid, nodding to her in acknowledgement.

"That is beyond insult. You have no idea what you are talking about, yet you continue to insult me? For your information, your friend attacked me, and I have a bruise to prove it.

I don't wanna talk about him. He's an idiot, I don't like him and I don't like you.

They are not surrounding you, they are surrounding me. They protect me. They won't let you hurt me. And you can leave right away, I'm not stopping you. But I'm not going, I like it here. And I'm not making any promise to you, you're bully."

Davis had to remind himself to keep breathing, so many frickin' shadows around, he was just about to freak out. He took a few quick breathes before finally mustering up the courage to speak. "I think we got up on the wrong foot. We're all good civil gents, right? So couldn't we talk this out? Maybe just tell your little buddies here that we taste terrible, and eating us would give them stomachaches. What do you say Kid, we can talk this out. Right? Right?" Davis said, at first sounding rather self-assured, although his voice inevitably began to crumble, until finally his speech was just above pathetic whimpering.

"You are afraid, aren't you? Sweetie, if I wanted you dead they would have ripped you apart long time ago. I just want to play with you."

Her voice sounds amused, but there is something hiding behind her words.

Xhosant
2013-11-03, 07:53 AM
"I will answer it if you tell me how you come to be and what are you. You can't expect me to answer you if you can't answer me.

Can you explain what is your link to personas?"

Soga was surprised by "Kid"'s answers. If nothing else, they were surprisingly easy to converse through. He took a deep breath and caught the smell of Jeff's cigarette. He was usually annoyed by the smell of smoke, but he just realized how it was the only smell he'd perceived in here, ever. He was glad about it, it felt like an anchor to reality. That boosted his confidence.

"I came to be through physical birth, and I assume you know how babies are made." He took an awkward expression as he said that, he drew the line on information exchange if he had to get into details."I assume Emmerson did the same, and unless you're twins, which you're not, yours must have been different.

As for our personas, they're a part of us made manifest to fight and protect, I think. So, basically they are us, we're one and the same. Are you saying the shadows, or these shadows, are like personas to you?"

"Sweetie, if I wanted you dead they would have ripped you apart long time ago. I just want to play with you."

"You're right about that. But, forgive me for saying this, you're creepy at it. We felt threatened, thus the attack."

Not that we're feeling safe now, mind you...

"So, go ahead. Give us something to comfort our fear, and I'll put my sword away. Why not start with what this "play" entails?".

Cosmic Traveler
2013-11-03, 12:21 PM
"So I am spot on as the existence of another Me. Then I can probably extend my theory further and wider as to who and what your kin are. You belong to an alternate Earth, and everyone on the alternate Earth is an alternate version of of every human on Earth."Jeff said as he finished his cigarette and flicked it on the ground.

"So this coincide exactly with mission critical information I was told"

Jeff smirked and picked his scythe up. "So let's see, are you here because you were told to or is this a coincidence that Emmerson and company stumbled on you and your Shadows?"

Moonbeam Funk
2013-11-03, 02:44 PM
"You and I are already connected, what you want doesn't matter, you can not change this. Don't be a brat and accept the reality."

"C... Connected..." Emmerson wasn't sure what to do at this point. It seemed fighting was no longer much of an option. That made her tempted to just walk out of here herself, but... She would still be here... That thing will keep showing everyone the worst side of me... The purple-haired girl could very easily have told Jeff how far off track he was with his theory. "Kid" is clearly not an "alternate" of any sort, at least to Emmerson. In fact, there were few ways they could be more alike. Only Emmerson knew this, and she wanted to keep it that way. Did not accepting anything about "Kid" and wanting to just destroy her make her a brat? Well, yes, but Emmerson didn't care. That's because she is exactly what "Kid" has called her. Emmerson is a teenager only in years, but is truly a scared little brat who runs from all her problems.

dethkruzer
2013-11-06, 10:19 AM
"I suppose she does have a point there." Davis thought to himself, taking a moment to think about what to say.

"All I want right now is to get out of this god-forsaken hellhole alive, and with all my bits attached to my other bits, and it's probably safe to say that applies to all four of us." He spoke before pausing for a moment to gesture toward Soga, Emmerson, and Jeff. "But please, do explain what 'playing' would entail."

Philemonite
2013-11-06, 04:30 PM
"I came to be through physical birth, and I assume you know how babies are made." He took an awkward expression as he said that, he drew the line on information exchange if he had to get into details."I assume Emmerson did the same, and unless you're twins, which you're not, yours must have been different.

As for our personas, they're a part of us made manifest to fight and protect, I think. So, basically they are us, we're one and the same. Are you saying the shadows, or these shadows, are like personas to you?"

I didn't mean you personally, I meant your kind.
You really think I am interested in your birth? That's gross.:smallyuk:
You think? That's interesting, you don't even know what your persona is.
Not exactly, but they do protect me.

"You're right about that. But, forgive me for saying this, you're creepy at it. We felt threatened, thus the attack."

Not that we're feeling safe now, mind you...

"So, go ahead. Give us something to comfort our fear, and I'll put my sword away. Why not start with what this "play" entails?".

Come on, how could the game be fun if you knew all the rules?

"So I am spot on as the existence of another Me. Then I can probably extend my theory further and wider as to who and what your kin are. You belong to an alternate Earth, and everyone on the alternate Earth is an alternate version of of every human on Earth."Jeff said as he finished his cigarette and flicked it on the ground.

"So this coincide exactly with mission critical information I was told"

Jeff smirked and picked his scythe up. "So let's see, are you here because you were told to or is this a coincidence that Emmerson and company stumbled on you and your Shadows?"

"That is a stupid theory and I don't like it. And I don't want to answer your stupid questions anymore."

"C... Connected..."

"Of course we are, don't you understand?"

"All I want right now is to get out of this god-forsaken hellhole alive, and with all my bits attached to my other bits, and it's probably safe to say that applies to all four of us." He spoke before pausing for a moment to gesture toward Soga, Emmerson, and Jeff. "But please, do explain what 'playing' would entail."

"Like I said, my game, my rules, and I don't want to tell you about them."

Keeping your focus on "Kid" you fail to notice something coming from the darkness. As the figure approaches you realize it is Benjamin, but you are surprised that a smile is missing from his face.
"You are not supposed to be here, leave now or suffer the consequences."
He raises his velvet card and Elbereth appears right next to him.

Xhosant
2013-11-06, 06:17 PM
Soga was growing tired of "Kid's" constant "dancing" around the conversation, and quite frankly, between the information he wouldn't get any more of and her now-blunted assault on Emmerson, he frankly didn't care anymore.

I didn't mean you personally, I meant your kind.
[...]Not exactly, but they do protect me.

"But I meant you personally, and that was clear enough. And how come you mentioned shadows when I asked about personas? Forgive me, but you're dodging the questions, and you promised you'd answer in return. I expect a straight answer if we are to part on good terms."

"Like I said, my game, my rules, and I don't want to tell you about them."

"Suit yourself, then.", he replied with half-mocking, half-honest disappointment."We can't play the game, long as it's yours alone..."

Noticing Benjamin, Soga was initially surprised, pleasantly. As he noticed his strange attitude and figured what was going on, however, he was instantly overcome with panic. If the "original's" power was any indication to that of the "reverses", they had to get out of here, stat.

A plan formulated in his mind. Cel formed behind him as he willed him to. He tried to cover his fear as he said the following, and prayed he did it.

"Oh, sure. Kid here bored us already, no reason for us to stick around."

He turned around as he said that, Celaverimus acting as his (oversized) cape, a gesture he hoped would pass as vanity, rather than the concealment it was. Hidden behind the "cloak's" oversized frame, he touched his comm-link's button and whispered in it.

"Alexandra, get us an extraction this instant, or top-grade backup. I mean "leagues-stronger-than-Benj" grade. Or body bags, your call."

He knew the rest had heard him, and hopefully they got the hint through his near-panicked voice. He paused there, however, hopefully guarded by Cel's hollow bulk, hoping the others would skip the door before they learned what the particular relationship of "the Benjamin twins" was with patience.

Cosmic Traveler
2013-11-06, 07:24 PM
Jeff nodded as he heard Soga's call on the Comm-Link.
Jeff tapped into the frequency with his own device. "I managed to stall combat, as planned. Do what Soga said because we're about to get ourselves waist-high in hot water if we stay any longer" Jeff whispered as he placed himself behind the cloak, his persona spreading his four wings to provide more cover as Jeff pulled out both his Velvet Cards.

"Who's this Benjamin guy, I wasn't informed on him, either he was unforeseen or it was something I wasn't told before coming here" Jeff asked Soga, sterness in his voice. Jeff was visibly annoyed at the arrival of Benjamin. His traits had suddenly darkened and his Persona was Glaring at Soga. A feeling of dread wormed its way in Soga's mind, body and soul as Thanatos and Jeff's eyes peered through him.

dethkruzer
2013-11-09, 10:09 AM
At first Davis seemed relieved that Benamin was present, until something suddenly seemed to click into place. an expression of dread spread across his face as he was turning around, ready to run. Before he did, however, he attempted to grab Emmerson by the arm. "We have to go, now!" He shouted, before darting toward the door.

Cosmic Traveler
2013-11-09, 10:20 AM
"Time for a tactical withdrawal, lets get out of here before we get ourselves pulverized." Jeff told Soga, snapping him out of whatever stupor he was in. "You guys and the professor will have some explaining to do after we're outta here"

Jeff grabbed Soga's arm and started running towards the Velvet Door, Thanatos keeping watch to our backs in case we were being chased.

Xhosant
2013-11-09, 10:25 AM
Soga twisted his arm through Jeff's grip, sliding free.

"You go first. I'll come through last."

He stared down Jeff, Cel billowing behind him.

"You know I'm the one most fit for it. GO!"

He then turned to make sure the others were headed for the door. Hopefully it would be open in time. He headed towards it, at a slower pace to make sure everyone was closer to the gate and within sight.

Philemonite
2013-11-09, 12:26 PM
Kid's initial reaction to Benjamin was boredom. She gave him an uninterested look and sighed before answering:
"I'm not gonna leave, I'm having fun. Why don't you leave, no one called you here anyway."

Pure hatred flared in Benjamin's eyes. Still, he didn't lose his calm as he responded:
"You have five seconds to disappear to where ever you came from. I will erase your very existence if you do not leave."
A smile disappears from Kid's face as Benjamin pulls out a second card, and it is replaced by fear. Unlike your cards this one is green and has a different glow. Mesmerized by the card you fail to notice that Kid disappeared into the darkness, but the sound of Benjamin's voice snaps you back.
"Yes father, we are finished. You can open the door now."
He then turns towards the group, his smile returning to his face.
"Sorry I'm late, I could have sworn they would target Levi first, and it took me some time to get here. Let's go back."

Xhosant
2013-11-09, 01:05 PM
Realizing the meaning of what had just happened, Soga felt a torrent of emotions: the fear he was trying to suppress, as it washed away, anger for that fear and how meaninglessly it was caused, and a very healthy dose of embarrassment.

"What was that for? You scared the hell out of me! What happened to "be careful" or "take cover" or using the confounded earpiece to let us know who you were? You trying to get the Shadows' job done faster or something?"

Soga kept rambling at Benjamin while Celaverimus was fading away. He was genuinely angry, but given his embarrassment and the general situation, he must have seemed more comical than aggressive.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/forum/86000/86551_1328972877088_full.jpg

dethkruzer
2013-11-09, 04:34 PM
Davis let go of Emmerson, looking at her with somewhat of an embarressed look on his face, hopefully he hadn't squeezed too hard. His attention then turned to Benjamin, and once again it was almost as something in his words clicked into place.

"Target?... Wait a minute... You knew, didnt you?!? You knew that... Thing was gonna appear, and no-one bothered telling us? Some of us could have been injured, or worse!" The young boy screamed, his tone equal parts confusion and fury.

Cosmic Traveler
2013-11-09, 09:18 PM
"Ok, that's it, I'm outta here. I was taken for a fool and someone's going to have to answer me" Jeff said, anger in his voice. In a gesture, he made his scythe disappear and went to get one more smoke in his box before realizing he was finally all out. "And I'm even out of smokes too. Ok, this sucked. Not only I didn't get clear answers from that f***ing thing but I wasted my time AND didn't get entirely informed of how things were supposed to go down" Jeff said as he whipped his hair from his face a bit.

Jeff walked toward the door, his pace fast and his every step resonating through the void.

Philemonite
2013-11-10, 08:18 AM
"We had our suspicions, but we weren't sure. Telling you would only cause panic, and it wouldn't accomplish anything.
Besides, you have to learn to act independently, we can not hold your hand every step of the way. You have proven to be capable of dealing with simple shadows, you were not in any immediate danger."

Xhosant
2013-11-11, 04:01 PM
I assume in the post bellow that nobody has any other action to take in here. If they do, just consider this post delayed until then (or have me edit it if need be.

As Soga's outburst faded (and passed unnoticed, thankfully), he came to realize something. A temptation clawed at his mind, and he knew he had to give in.

He delayed his leave, letting the rest go through the door first, including Benjamin. He even nodded encouragingly to Emmerson as she passed him by. She did well today, and she had to deal with much more than the rest. Davis also seemed more into it than the morning, although notably tired.

Before stepping through the door, he turned back to the darkness, and in a loud voice, he said:

"If you can, help me meet him, please. Alone. One way or another, he wouldn't like others there."

He thought he saw something move in the darkness, but he was sure it was wishful thinking. After a moment, he turned around and stepped through the door.