PDA

View Full Version : Curious as to why the search engine was disabled

Eaglejarl
2013-10-05, 04:40 PM
On my profile page, I clicked on "See all posts by this user" because I wanted to see if there were followups to something I had written. Sadly, I was told I didn't have access.

Browsing the thread list on this forum I see that this is because the search engine has been "temporarily but indefinitely disabled." Just curious -- why was it disabled?

Roland St. Jude
2013-10-05, 05:00 PM
On my profile page, I clicked on "See all posts by this user" because I wanted to see if there were followups to something I had written. Sadly, I was told I didn't have access.

Browsing the thread list on this forum I see that this is because the search engine has been "temporarily but indefinitely disabled." Just curious -- why was it disabled?Sheriff: If we wanted to discuss that in detail, it would likely be referenced in the standard reply. Essentially, restoring the search feature would require additional forum downtime that we don't want right now.

There is a more detailed technical explanation, and if Rawhide wants to share it, he can post through the lock to do so.