PDA

View Full Version : Rifts: Robocop

kladams707
2013-10-05, 06:11 PM
What OCC would he be?

LibraryOgre
2013-10-06, 02:29 AM
Default answer is Borg. Though you could make him something like a Sheriff or Deputy out of New West, then borgify him.

hamlet
2013-10-07, 08:01 AM
Probably full conversion Borg even though, according to the movie, there's enough of the human left inside to probably count as a partial conversion.

LibraryOgre
2013-10-07, 11:59 AM
Probably full conversion Borg even though, according to the movie, there's enough of the human left inside to probably count as a partial conversion.

Personally, I'd default to full conversion. He obviously has to eat, but he's got a fake face ("They built this to honor him"), and they explicitly choose to keep as little of the meat as possible ("Lose the arm").

I don't really see any argument for making him anything other than full conversion.

hamlet
2013-10-07, 03:17 PM
Personally, I'd default to full conversion. He obviously has to eat, but he's got a fake face ("They built this to honor him"), and they explicitly choose to keep as little of the meat as possible ("Lose the arm").

I don't really see any argument for making him anything other than full conversion.

He's still got enough biologics to require eating and he's specifically not a brain in a can like Cain/Kane? from Robocop 2.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I'm saying one could make the case for it.

LibraryOgre
2013-10-07, 07:26 PM
He's still got enough biologics to require eating and he's specifically not a brain in a can like Cain/Kane? from Robocop 2.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I'm saying one could make the case for it.

The degree of remaining humanity has varied a bit in borgs over time; my rule of thumb is "No living limbs, mostly cybernetic torso, full conversion."

hamlet
2013-10-08, 08:01 AM
The degree of remaining humanity has varied a bit in borgs over time; my rule of thumb is "No living limbs, mostly cybernetic torso, full conversion."

Which I would generally agree with. I'm just adding a bit if, say, somebody wants to do it as a partial conversion instead.