PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer MADNESS!

visigani
2013-10-05, 07:04 PM
For the cost of two feats, two levels, and a +2 LA adjustment.. a sorcerer could conceivably add his charisma bonus to both his AC and his Saving Throws

Human Sorc 18/Paladin 2 with the Saint Template (using level buyoff) and Ascetic Mage (with the preqreq of Improved Unarmed Strike).

This seems like it'd be pretty absurd...

limejuicepowder
2013-10-05, 07:45 PM
Eh, not bad. But you will be delaying 9ths until 20th level. Epic level really, if you count the XP loss for buying off the LA (other members of your party will be heading in to epic by the time you hit 20 and get 9ths).

Not a great tradeoff if you're talking high-op.

Juntao112
2013-10-05, 07:52 PM
For the cost of two feats, two levels, and a +2 LA adjustment.. a sorcerer could conceivably add his charisma bonus to both his AC and his Saving Throws

Human Sorc 18/Paladin 2 with the Saint Template (using level buyoff) and Ascetic Mage (with the preqreq of Improved Unarmed Strike).

Tamer than a Sorc with Wings of Cover and Ruin Delver's Fortune.

Vortenger
2013-10-05, 11:14 PM
Try and use alternate spell source (or southern magician, I always forget) so you can get into Prestige Paladin and lose only 1 caster level while adding paladin spells to choose from to your sorc list(woo...). Then its just the LA buyoff you have to deal with.

eggynack
2013-10-05, 11:20 PM
This is really more sorcerer SADness than sorcerer MADness. :smallbiggrin:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-10-05, 11:27 PM
For two feats and no multiclassing or LA buyoff you can get Arcane Preparation and Combat Casting to grab Abjurant Champion 5, so your Greater Luminous Armor gives +10 AC and your Shield spell gives +9. Get a custom Runestaff (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267805#4) with Superior Resistance to get +6 to all your saves, plus you can put all your other 1/day buffs on that. Alter Self or (Draconic) Polymorph or Shapechange into something with a decent natural armor bonus. Shapechange gets you tons of special abilities that are worth more than just AC/save bonuses. Superior Invisibility plus Mind Blank makes it so opponents won't have any idea where you are, so there's not much need to bother with AC and saves in the later levels.

Scumbaggery
2013-10-06, 07:44 AM
Better hope you're AC is as high as you think. 18d4 worth of HP means you are made of paper.

Set on fire.

PersonMan
2013-10-06, 08:14 AM
Seeing as casters benefit the least from raw +AC, I'd say it's not worth it.

Mirror Image, Blur, G. Invisibility, etc. are all better defensive options and rely less on 'my AC is high enough to deal with the +36 and higher attack bonuses people have'.

Pokonic
2013-10-06, 09:22 AM

I think I found the build for the BGG for my next evil group...:smallbiggrin:

Urpriest
2013-10-06, 09:29 AM
What's the Saint template for? If you're using Ascetic Mage, why not just do it with a Monk's belt?

Jack_Simth
2013-10-06, 09:47 AM

Too many dips. Get a level of Prestiege bard, then pull out Spell Compendium, look at Ruin Delver's Fortune for Charisma to saves, and Sirine's Grace for Charisma to AC. Then get Races of the Dragon and look up Wings of Cover.