PDA

View Full Version : Grim reaper Build

Ortesk
2013-10-05, 09:31 PM
Okay everyone since haloween is closely approaching my group is going to begin an annual holiday game. For this i am playing a character based on the iconic grim reaper. My issue, how do i make a competent Scythe user/Magic wielder. I'm looking into duskblade, with the feat which eludes me that lets me add a certain domain spells to my castable spells (i will go with death spells, something about killing people with a touch fits grim reaper)

My questions: What feats, items, and spells will help me be the grim reaper? :) For reference were level 10 and have average WBL (For once my dm is giving gold, im shocked. Were currently level 18 and have gained 3000 gold whole campaign lolz)

Vin Robinson
2013-10-05, 09:48 PM
I think the creepiest would be to play a straight god wizard and then coup de grace debilitated targets for massive damage. Reaping souls all the way.

Duskblade can work really well also, of course. But for a theme build like this it's 100% how you roleplay the character.

Ortesk
2013-10-05, 09:58 PM
I think the creepiest would be to play a straight god wizard and then coup de grace debilitated targets for massive damage. Reaping souls all the way.

Duskblade can work really well also, of course. But for a theme build like this it's 100% how you roleplay the character.

I'm going with basically an Elan who in a past life slew death when death tried taking his loved one. As punishment he was made an Elan himself, and has to pay a soul for a soul, IE his soul. He's going to be your typical creepy guy in a hood, also has a spell he made which lets him know how a person will die and when, so if someone's time is close he can be there to take his dues.