PDA

View Full Version : What if the Marvel Universe had a War of Light?

Finn Solomon
2013-10-05, 11:10 PM
I was reading Blackest Night again, and I got to thinking how it would play out if the whole Emotional/Colour Spectrum thing existed in DC. Which hero (or villain) do you think is best suited to which Corps?

Red (Rage): Gotta go with the Hulk, he's angry at the whole world. Wolverine comes a close second with his trademark BERSERKER BARRAGE.

Orange (Greed): Dr Doom is the perfect choice here, he wants it all. Lordship of the entire world and mastery over both science and magic.

Yellow (Fear): The Punisher. "Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot, who are happily not bulletproof." But I think DC has the edge here, with Scarecrow, the Joker and Batman clearly defined as being able to terrify the living crap out of whoever they come across. Marvel, not so much. Maybe Phobos, at a stretch.

Green (Will): I'd go with Spider-Man, he never gives up. Never. Captain America might qualify as well.

Blue (Hope): The reason why I didn't want Cap for Green is because I think he fits Blue better. When all hell breaks loose, Cap's shield and battle cry inspires EVERYONE to keep fighting.

Indigo (Compassion): I'm going with an unorthodox but in my opinion a rather cool choice here, which would be Magneto. His entire motivation is to fight for the equal and fair treatment of his fellow mutants. Magneto has generally been depicted as being genuine in his campaign to better the lives of mutants everywhere, even if he's an extremist about it.

Violet (Love): I'd like Mary-Jane Parker (DAMN YOU QUESADA) but any character with a spouse or who is a parent would do, really. Sue Storm, Rogue, or maybe to make things less sexist, Luke Cage (and I really wanna see Luke Cage in a Zamaron stripperific outfit).

Finn Solomon
2013-10-05, 11:12 PM
As a side discussion, here's how I think the Justice League would match up to the Emotional Spectrum Corps.

Red: Aquaman
Orange: Martian Manhunter
Yellow: Batman
Green: Green Lantern (duh)
Blue: The Flash
Indigo: Superman
Violet: Wonder Woman

Metahuman1
2013-10-05, 11:29 PM
I tend to agree with your assessments, except for the following two things.

1: I would add Daredevil to Fear, and Ghostrider is either Fear or Rage. I'd give Thor and Dr. Strange Will while were at it, and I'd give Nightcrawler Either Compassion or Love as well.

2: This assumes that the entire Marvel universe is not so buggered up that it's just imploded with the darkness of it all instantly. So, I'm guessing before there was too much buildup too Civil War, M Day and One More Day, or barring that, after the start of Marvel NOW?

Zevox
2013-10-06, 02:06 AM
Violet (Love): I'd like Mary-Jane Parker (DAMN YOU QUESADA) but any character with a spouse or who is a parent would do, really. Sue Storm, Rogue, or maybe to make things less sexist, Luke Cage (and I really wanna see Luke Cage in a Zamaron stripperific outfit).
Actually, not so much. Star Sapphires are chosen because of having lost their love - the ring fills the hole left in their hearts from it, and they are then tasked with guarding others' love. The only exceptions to date (that I'm aware of) are Wonder Woman, who was briefly deputized during Blackest Night for the strength of her love of Earth in general, and Kyle Rayner - and technically he only learned to channel the violet light through his green ring, rather than being chosen as a Sapphire.

Anyway though, I'm unfortunately not familiar enough with most Marvel characters to make recommendations. Hulk is the obvious choice for red though, no doubt there.

On Magneto for the indigo tribe, he'd actually be an unlikely choice for exactly the reason you spelled out. He's not wholely lacking in compassion. But that's exactly why Indigo Tribe members are recruited to begin with - every member is a former criminal, mostly sociopaths, and their rings are a method of reforming them, making them able to feel compassion at all. (Though again, there was the exception of the Atom being deputized during Blackest Night, but that was an unusual circumstance.) So a likely choice for this would be a far worse villain than Magneto - though the fact that my exposure to Marvel characters is mostly limited to the recent movies and the X-Men cartoons is making me draw a blank on a good example.

Kitten Champion
2013-10-06, 04:20 AM
I think Iron Man fits Orange better.

Doctor Doom is greedy but this is more an aspect of his envy and oddly enough love. He's rather like Milton's Lucifer. He rules his kingdom with charisma, strength, and unwavering determination, and he loves it immeasurably -- but besting Reed Richards is his indefatigable raison d'être, not to kill him, but have him submit to his superiority

Iron Man however, while he has altruistic intentions and doubtless more ethical means than Doctor Doom, his desire to shape the world is very similar, only it extends to beyond just the boarders of an Eastern European nation and into humanity as a whole. He represents a greed found in the philanthropist who has seen the limits of what wealth and popularity can bring him and now wants to own people's hopes, the future in its entirety. Reed Richards is similar, but far more dispassionate about practicality. This doesn't make him more or less heroic, but he's often blind to caution and ignores people as individuals.

I don't know if Yellow means to gain power from ones fear or gain power from projecting fear in others. If its about one's own fear, than Spider-Man fits it well. His whole character is a mess of fears. He's terrified of loss, of giving in to his own desires, of being insufficient, of waking up in the morning. His whole banter shtick is to cover up his own insecurities in combat.

If its about exploiting other's fears, Daredevil, Venom (or Carnage), and Trauma (who gets his powers by materializing the fears of others), would be it.

Green would fit Professor X, I guess that would extend to other super-psychics as well. I would put Stephen Strange and Iron Fist here too.

Cap's Blue through and through, I agree. The only other option would be Thor that I can think of.

Indigo I'd give to the Thing, because he's often contrasted from his appearance, creating a rather soft-hearted character. The better portrayals of Magneto are of a well-meaning extremist with a dark past that's twisted his perceptions of the world, but others have him as a power-hungry narcissist revelling in his role as cult and terrorist leader and abusing his children horribly. I'd also put the current Captain Universe in Indigo, she's impersonal compassion for all life on a cosmic scale.

If lost love is the basis for Violet I'd give it to Scarlet Witch or Scott Lang. Oh, Scott Summers too, he never got over Jean despite everything.

Devonix
2013-10-06, 04:48 AM
As a side discussion, here's how I think the Justice League would match up to the Emotional Spectrum Corps.

Red: Aquaman
Orange: Martian Manhunter
Yellow: Batman
Green: Green Lantern (duh)
Blue: The Flash
Indigo: Superman
Violet: Wonder Woman

I'd swap Superman and Flash

Prime32
2013-10-06, 08:29 AM
Psycho-Man (http://marvel.wikia.com/Psycho-Man_%28Earth-616%29) gets a yellow ring, definitely.

Actually, not so much. Star Sapphires are chosen because of having lost their love - the ring fills the hole left in their hearts from it, and they are then tasked with guarding others' love.So... Spider-Man?

Athaniar
2013-10-06, 10:46 AM
I could see Punisher as a Red Lantern. They're really angry people fighting corruption and evil with extreme violence because they've suffered great tragedies. Seems like it'd fit Frank perfectly.

Zevox
2013-10-06, 12:52 PM
So, an alternate thought about this: rather than just who would make good members of each Corps in Marvel, how would the Corps get started in Marvel assuming the seven lights existed there?

Orange is the easiest one - anyone who comes into contact with the Orange light is immediately filled with an all-consuming desire to possess it, and can only be separated from it by force, and of course would never willingly share it. Whoever discovered it first would be Marvel's Agent Orange, so it could theoretically be anyone.

But the others? Well, half of them in DC were set up by the Guardians of the Universe in one form or another (the main Guardians set up Green, the exiled Guardians Ganthet and Sayd set up Blue, the Zamaron splinter group set up Violet). They're ancient beings that claim (falsely) to have been the first life in the Universe, and seem to have learned how to channel the lights without requiring tools such as rings.

The others were set up by particular people who discovered their power and were willing to use them. Sinestro acquired the first yellow ring in the Anti-Matter universe and wanted its power to oppose the Green Lanterns, who had cast him out for his fascist ways. Atrocitus' all-consuming anger and hate for the Guardians after their first police corps, the Manhunters, slaughtered his entire space sector lead to him creating the Red Lanterns as an instrument of his revenge. And the Indigo Tribe was founded by the Green Lantern Abin Sur after he discovered the indigo light's ability to make even sociopaths feel compassion, and was basically his test case for eventually using it reform the Guardians, who reject all emotion.

So, who in Marvel might be most likely to discover these powers and want to implement them, and for what purpose?

I don't know if Yellow means to gain power from ones fear or gain power from projecting fear in others.
The latter. As Sinestro originally conceived the Yellow Lanterns they were a combination fascist/terrorist group, dedicated to imposing Sinestro's brand of order on the universe through the spread of fear as a means of controlling people, and of course destroying the Green Lanterns.

Batman was actually the first person from Earth chosen by a yellow ring, because of how strongly he's able to instill fear in criminals. (The yellow ring rejected him after detecting that he had recently been in contact with a green ring though, so he never actually joined the Corps.) Scarecrow was the second choice, and the yellow deputy during Blackest Night.

If lost love is the basis for Violet I'd give it to Scarlet Witch or Scott Lang. Oh, Scott Summers too, he never got over Jean despite everything.
Hm, Scott Summers would indeed be an interesting choice for violet, a very likely candidate just after Jean's death.

So... Spider-Man?
If he remembered what happened in One More Day, he would probably another good one, yeah. But I don't think he does. But it's been a little while since I saw Linkara's review of the comic, so I'm not completely certain.

Dienekes
2013-10-06, 01:51 PM
If he remembered what happened in One More Day, he would probably another good one, yeah. But I don't think he does. But it's been a little while since I saw Linkara's review of the comic, so I'm not completely certain.

If I remember that terrible comic. They do not remember the relationship as such but subconsciously each of them would know that they had lost something terribly important to them and make them feel empty inside for their lost love.

So, I think it counts?

Sanguine
2013-10-06, 01:59 PM
So, I think it counts?

Even if it doesn't there is still Gwen Stacy. That definitely counts.

Metahuman1
2013-10-06, 02:19 PM
And let us not forget good old Uncle Ben.

As for Stark for Orange, I'd put him more as either Green or Blue, depending on who's writing him. A big part of his character is (When it's being done right), is his hope for and belief in the future and advancements in technology to fix problems, and his sheer will to find a way to fix those problems.

As for Orange, Maybe Luke Cage, the guy who advertises as Hero for Hire, known to do things like send a Bill to Tony Stark when he has to help the avengers save the planet?

Zevox
2013-10-06, 04:43 PM
If I remember that terrible comic. They do not remember the relationship as such but subconsciously each of them would know that they had lost something terribly important to them and make them feel empty inside for their lost love.

So, I think it counts?
Don't know, honestly. Even if it could though, I'd guess that others whose loss isn't unconscious might well take priority.

Even if it doesn't there is still Gwen Stacy. That definitely counts.
Depends on how far their relationship was at the time, maybe. I don't really know anything about Gwen Stacy other than that she died tragically.

And let us not forget good old Uncle Ben.
Almost certainly wouldn't count. The two cases of normal Sapphire recruitment I know they've shown have both been based on loss of a romantic relationship specifically.

Prime32
2013-10-06, 04:59 PM
So, an alternate thought about this: rather than just who would make good members of each Corps in Marvel, how would the Corps get started in Marvel assuming the seven lights existed there? [...]So, who in Marvel might be most likely to discover these powers and want to implement them, and for what purpose?I could see the Red Skull investigating the Yellow Light. Doctor Doom has a decent chance of stumbling upon some of them. Cyttorak (the god-thing empowering Juggernaut) could also have some connection to the Red Light.

Or you could go the easy route and use The Mandarin. :smalltongue:

EDIT:

Depends on how far their relationship was at the time, maybe. I don't really know anything about Gwen Stacy other than that she died tragically.Peter never completely got over it, and he seems to idealise her in his memories.

TeChameleon
2013-10-06, 05:26 PM
Hmm. Well, if I was picking out the best choices for the first bearers of the various colours, let's see...

Red is rage, of course, but it's very specifically rage at injustice, so I'd pick the Pun as a slightly better first pick than old Jade-Jaws. The Hulk is, admittedly, already powered by rage, but it tends to be a very young child's indiscriminate lashing out at a hurt that they can't really understand. By contrast, Frank Castle understands exactly why he's so incredibly angry. Also, I have a feeling that in the hands of an even modestly competent artist, a rage-ified Punisher costume could look incredible :smalltongue:

Orange is harder. I really can't see Doctor Doom as greed. The bad doctor is ego, not greed. Material possessions mean next to nothing to him, except insofar as they can be used to measure his successes. Tentatively, I'd say that Norman Osborn could be a good pick.

For yellow? Wolverine. I'm having a hard time picking a Marvel character that inspires more pants-crapping terror than the good old Canucklehead, except maybe Venom. Eesh. Symbiote with a power ring <.<

Honestly, I'd peg the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing as green to the core. It's been one of his defining traits from the very beginning that he will not give up, to the point that he's blown the mind of one of the elders of the universe (the Champion, if memory serves). Dude's got willpower to the degree that he'd be lucky not to overload his ring on accident.

Like others have said, blue is pretty much inarguably Captain America. I don't think there's anyone in the whole of the Marvel U that could even come close to him as the best choice to bring the light of hope.

If we went with Indigo in 'reformer' mode, I'd put Red Skull forwards as arguably the best choice, since I don't think there are many as utterly devoid of compassion as he is. Loki pre-kiddifying would be another interesting choice, as his ironclad narcissism would make him an attractive target for reformation.

And finally, I'd tend to agree that Spidey would make a great Star Sapphire. Poor bugger's lost his loves repeatedly, to the point that the truism 'no one stays dead in comics' has had the corollary 'unless it would make Spider-man miserable' added to it.

Devonix
2013-10-06, 06:05 PM

So, I think it counts?

Seeing as Heroes for Hire is a non profit charity organization and he doesn't actually KEEP the money I'd say no Luke's more compassion Indigo oriented.

oops quoted the wrong person ehh keep it here.

Prime32
2013-10-06, 06:19 PM
Red is rage, of course, but it's very specifically rage at injustice, so I'd pick the Pun as a slightly better first pick than old Jade-Jaws. The Hulk is, admittedly, already powered by rage, but it tends to be a very young child's indiscriminate lashing out at a hurt that they can't really understand. By contrast, Frank Castle understands exactly why he's so incredibly angry. Also, I have a feeling that in the hands of an even modestly competent artist, a rage-ified Punisher costume could look incredible :smalltongue:I think you're forgetting Planet Hulk and World War Hulk. :smalltongue: "The Green Scar", Hulk's strongest form, is powered by rage at injustice and capable of literally breaking planets apart.

TeChameleon
2013-10-06, 06:26 PM
I think you're forgetting Planet Hulk and World War Hulk. :smalltongue: "The Green Scar", Hulk's strongest form, is powered by rage at injustice and capable of literally breaking planets apart.
Eh... *hand waggle*

As far as I remember those stories- which isn't very well, admittedly, but still- Green Scar Hulk was powered by rage at the universe itself screwing him over, which he was taking out on the Illuminati. I'm not entirely sure that counts as 'rage against injustice'.

Prime32
2013-10-06, 07:03 PM
Nick Fury convinced Hulk to beat up some rogue AI on a space station, but when he got back on his ship for the return trip it played a message of the Illuminati saying "Sorry, this whole mission was a trick (and that wasn't the real Nick Fury); we're shooting you into deep space because you're too dangerous and might screw up our morally bankrupt Superhuman Registration plans. No you don't get a say in this.". Both Hulk (who is a combination of Green + Grey at the time) and Banner are devastated and enraged at being betrayed by their friends.
The ship malfunctions and crashlands on a planet called Sakaar. The environmental conditions weaken Hulk's power, so he's captured and made a gladiator called "The Green Scar". Over time the Hulk develops enough combat skill to make up for and surpass his lost strength, enough for some people to start believing that he's a prophesised saviour "The Sakaarson", and for others to believe he's a prophesised destroyer "The Worldbreaker". He overthrows Sakaar's Red King and becomes the Green King, bringing peace between every race of the planet, even the ones that everyone thought were just monsters. He finds a woman who loves him, both as Hulk and as Bruce Banner, and they have a child together, Skaar. For the first time in his life he is content.
Then his old spaceship reactivates and plays another message from the Illuminati before it explodes, nearly tearing the planet apart. With massive effort Hulk manages to hold the planet together, but his wife has been killed and his people have been decimated. Hulk and Banner are now both angrier than they've ever been, and come charging back to Earth with an army at their backs.

And then one of the closest friends he made on Sakaar turns out to have become a nihilist who caused the explosion and framed the Illuminati because he wanted Hulk to either die or kill everything, at which point Hulk gets even more angry.
So the anger is "My friends betrayed me for arrogant and selfish reasons, shot me into a hellhole, then killed everyone I loved when I crawled out. And then one of my new friends betrayed me just to see me suffer."

Metahuman1
2013-10-06, 08:39 PM
TechChameleon: Osborn would actually be a rather good choice for Orange I think.

And here's a scary though: Deadpool with a ring. I'd personally say Indigo or Green for him personally.

Finn Solomon
2013-10-06, 08:43 PM
Ooh some interesting ideas. I understand Indigo a little bit better now, although it seems to me an easy way to get a 'cool' villain working together with the rest of the Light Corps for storytelling purposes. Never thought about Punisher for the Red ring too, although now it seems perfect to me. And OF COURSE Cyclops would be the first male Violet Sapphire. His entire character is defined by the loss of his one true love (ugh).

Metahuman1
2013-10-06, 08:49 PM
So, violet rings are a loved and lost kinda thing. Random Though.

Wouldn't that mean Hulk could also qualify for one of them?

Finn Solomon
2013-10-06, 08:51 PM
So, violet rings are a loved and lost kinda thing. Random Though.

Wouldn't that mean Hulk could also qualify for one of them?

Well he would, but isn't Betty alive now?

Metahuman1
2013-10-06, 08:54 PM
I meant the woman that mothered his child and then died in Planet and World War Hulk.

Finn Solomon
2013-10-06, 08:58 PM
Oh right, but I guess that one way to avoid being a Star Sapphire is to regain your lost love or something. Sure he lost Caiera, but he's got Betty back so it's all good.

Prime32
2013-10-06, 09:03 PM
Orange is harder. I really can't see Doctor Doom as greed. The bad doctor is ego, not greed. Material possessions mean next to nothing to him, except insofar as they can be used to measure his successes.He does keep trying to steal Unlimited Cosmic Power though. Usually it's beyond the ability of a mortal man to control, but he refuses to admit that and ends up screwing himself over.

Also I'm pretty sure he's had some insane feats of willpower before. I could have sworn he managed to Iron Heart Surge the Marvel Zombies virus (and was the only person in his reality to do so), but the wiki says otherwise.

Metahuman1
2013-10-06, 09:03 PM
By that logic Scott Summers and Peter Parker don't qualify on the grounds that after Parker lost Gwen he got MJ and that Scott got with Emma.

Finn Solomon
2013-10-06, 09:10 PM
I submit that Scott doesn't really love Emma the same way he loved Jean. It's pretty clear it's not on the same level.

Finn Solomon
2013-10-06, 09:14 PM
He does keep trying to steal Unlimited Cosmic Power though. Usually it's beyond the ability of a mortal man to control, but he refuses to admit that and ends up screwing himself over.

Also I'm pretty sure he's had some insane feats of willpower before. I could have sworn he managed to Iron Heart Surge the Marvel Zombies virus (and was the only person in his reality to do so), but the wiki says otherwise.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/82914/2780178-telepathy.jpg

Ok, Doom would be the perfect Green Lantern. His costume even matches.

Metahuman1
2013-10-06, 09:22 PM
Agreed, Doom's got no morality and an ego the size of all out doors, but he's also got force of personal will in spades.

Zevox
2013-10-06, 11:18 PM
Ooh some interesting ideas. I understand Indigo a little bit better now, although it seems to me an easy way to get a 'cool' villain working together with the rest of the Light Corps for storytelling purposes.
Not really. The only pre-existing villain that was ever inducted into the Indigo Tribe was Black Hand, and he got free and reverted to being a (or rather, the) Black Lantern. His time in the Tribe was really mostly a way to get him out of the picture for a while without killing or fake-killing him.

Also, the Indigo Tribe is not exactly helpful to the other Corps most of the time. They tend to be pretty reclusive. With the exception of during the Blackest Night, because that was a full-blown universal apocalypse situation.

Actually, for most of their history the different Corps haven't cooperated at all, not even the ones you'd think would. The Blue Lanterns want to support the Green, but the Guardians, and even initially the Green Lanterns themselves, don't trust them because they were founded by two exiled Guardians. The Star Sapphires have neutral relations at best to the Green Lanterns, partially because their leaders are a group that splintered from the Guardians long ago over ideological differences, partially because the Sapphires engage in some seriously questionable practices themselves (brainwashing). And as I mentioned, the Indigo Tribe tends to keep to themselves.

The Blue Lanterns and Star Sapphires would probably be the most likely two Corps to have actual good relations between them, but since the books are about the Green Lanterns there's never really been a focus on just those two groups interacting.

By that logic Scott Summers and Peter Parker don't qualify on the grounds that after Parker lost Gwen he got MJ and that Scott got with Emma.
Would all depend on when the rings were searching for new Lanterns. Each Corps only recruits one or two people per space sector, and new recruits are only selected when a Lantern dies (or, infinitely less often, resigns). If Cyclops and Spider-Man were over their heartache at the time that the ring was searching, they wouldn't be chosen. If it were looking just after their loss occurred, they may easily be.

Kitten Champion
2013-10-06, 11:24 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/82914/2780178-telepathy.jpg

Ok, Doom would be the perfect Green Lantern. His costume even matches.

That's why I want a Doctor Doom versus the Lovecraft Mythos crossover.

Raimun
2013-10-07, 08:44 AM
Damn it. I was just about to suggest the Green lantern ring for Doom but it looks like I was not the only one to think about that.

Anyway, if someone in Marvel universe has willpower, it has got to be Doom.

Edit: And just look at him. Green cloak. Green ring. That's a pretty compelling reason for Doom to have the green ring.

lt_murgen
2013-10-07, 11:06 AM
I would nominate the Scarlet Witch for Violet. Everyhing she has done was for love:

Join the brotherhood of mutants beacuse I lovemy brother and father.
Fall inn love with an android.
Use mutant powers to conceive children with android.
Lose children to demon, go looking for them, even if it means working with the bad guys.
rewrite the entire universe to make everyone she knows wishes come true.
rewrite the entire universe again when the first attempt still doesn't make them happy.

Metahuman1
2013-10-07, 07:30 PM
Also,

Mandarine keeps popping up and getting pwned by EVERYONE who get's a ring, cause he's like the ONE dude in marvel that didn't get one. And it's driving him quite mad.

Athaniar
2013-10-07, 10:17 PM
So, how could the Blackest Night itself play out in the Marvel universe? Who'd be the counterparts of Nekron and Black Hand? I imagine Thanos would have some role, what with his death obsession and all. Don't know nearly enough about Marvel's cosmic entities, though.

Finn Solomon
2013-10-08, 02:26 AM
That guy with a scythe for a hand, the Grim Reaper.

I'm still pissed that Death of the Endless didn't have a bigger role in Blackest Night though.

Raimun
2013-10-11, 09:29 AM
Also,

Mandarine keeps popping up and getting pwned by EVERYONE who get's a ring, cause he's like the ONE dude in marvel that didn't get one. And it's driving him quite mad.

Until he's in the end revealed to be the big bad behind everything.

And it turns out he has seven rings, one of each!

Yet, he's still not happy since he's lacking three and it's driving him insane, because he's used to having ten rings, so he uses the power of seven rings to destroy all of the colorful rings.

After that, he allies with Sauron because that dude has enough rings to spare.

Nizaris
2013-10-12, 09:42 PM
And here's a scary though: Deadpool with a ring. I'd personally say Indigo or Green for him personally.

Deadpool with only one ring? He would wear all of them, the seven colors, black, white, and one ring to rule them all. Why? Because he could and given how sporadic his personality is at times he could qualify for all of them.

paddyfool
2013-10-13, 06:10 PM
Deadpool is pretty much pure orange.

Man on Fire
2013-10-14, 01:55 AM
He does keep trying to steal Unlimited Cosmic Power though. Usually it's beyond the ability of a mortal man to control, but he refuses to admit that and ends up screwing himself over.

It worked only for some time, long enough for him to allow Ash Williams (yes, that Ash Williams) to take bunch of survivors and escape to another dimension.

Man on Fire
2013-10-14, 05:52 AM
That guy with a scythe for a hand, the Grim Reaper.

I'm still pissed that Death of the Endless didn't have a bigger role in Blackest Night though.

That was beacuse Death belongs to Neil Gaiman, not DC. They need to ask his premission whenever they want to use her.
Which is good, I want my vertigo characters to stay away from DC characters. Small apperances like Death in Action Comics are fine, but larger things annoys me.

Arcas Corricol
2013-10-16, 07:38 PM
Doom has the most will, he resisted the zombie virus by sheer force of will when even Captain America, Spiderman and the Hulk were consumed by it

thubby
2013-10-16, 07:54 PM
i nominate wolverine for a red ring. he spends half his panels roaring in fury.

ant man (prof. pym) would definitely be indigo
NVM, indigo is one of those rings that compels evil people to work for it.

Doom has the most will, he resisted the zombie virus by sheer force of will when even Captain America, Spiderman and the Hulk were consumed by it
only temporarily.
what happened to the already-undead heroes in that story, anyway?

Inuzuka
2013-10-18, 11:40 AM
Peter Parker for Violet.

He accidentally snapped his girlfriend Gwen Stacy's neck when trying to catch her, after Green Goblin threw her off a bridge.

The Jackel then used her dead body to clone her, only to make Peter watch her die again.

The Scarlet Witch altered reality (House of M) and brought Gwen back, and in this new world, Peter married Gwen and they had a daughter son Richie. Then Scarlet Witch altered reality again and Gwen went back to being dead, and Richie was erased from existence.
Peter has been stated to be one of the only people in the world to remember what happened during House of M, and therefore remembers losing Gwen again....

So yeah, lost love big time.

Fjolnir
2013-10-21, 08:39 PM
Here we go, Red: Hulk, Punisher,Wolverine Green: Dr. Doom, Spiderman, The Thing Blue: Captain America, Prof X, Beast,Thor Yellow: daredevil, trauma, venom, ghost rider Orange: Deadpool, Osborne Violet: Spiderman, Wolverine, Cyclops, Hulk Indigo: Norman Osborne, Bullseye

This is off the top of my head and certainly has room for improvement, if a name comes up multiple times,I am working on a who would be a good prospective X lantern, not quite the same as building corps

Man on Fire
2013-10-28, 07:13 AM
what happened to the already-undead heroes in that story, anyway?

Deadman had to fight his own, reanimated body and Spectre got turned into giant Black Lantern monstrority.

I nominate Lady Sif for Red and Surge from new X-men for Green.