PDA

View Full Version : Templates for a Warforged

Asteron
2013-10-05, 11:31 PM
What are some great templates (+4 or less) that would work on a Warforged Totemist?

Snowbluff
2013-10-05, 11:38 PM
Phrenic... it's just too good for 2 LA.

Helcack
2013-10-05, 11:39 PM
Feral fits with the totemist fluff well and only has a +1 LA

Asteron
2013-10-05, 11:43 PM
Feral fits with the totemist fluff well and only has a +1 LA

Feral doesn't work for a Warforged since they have the Construct type. Feral only works on Humanoids and Monstrous Humanoids.

Phrenic doesn't really fit the character.

tyckspoon
2013-10-05, 11:48 PM
Draconic is nice; reasonably alright effects from the template itself plus it makes you Dragonblooded, which allows you to use the draconic soulmelds in Dragon Magic. If you're looking to use the whole +4 in one go, tho, I'd consider going all the way and just being a Half-Dragon.

fluke1993
2013-10-05, 11:58 PM
I feel like the bard from that one artist on elfwood would be involved in the a fore mentioned half dragon war forged somehow.

Regardless, half-dragon is an inherited template and I'm not sure it can be applied to warforged. I don't know about draconic, but from it sounds like an inherited template as well

Greenish
2013-10-06, 12:07 AM
Regardless, half-dragon is an inherited template and I'm not sure it can be applied to warforged. I don't know about draconic, but from it sounds like an inherited template as wellAh, dragons are infamous for not being all that picky. Half-dragon can be applied "to any living, corporeal creature". Warforged, being living constructs, clearly fulfill the criteria.

As for how it happened, fluff-wise, well, crazy Cannith inventors haven't been too picky on how to modify their creation forges in the past, so it was really just a matter of time until one of them figured adding some dragon's blood would be worth a shot.

lunar2
2013-10-06, 12:29 AM
i would have said the warforged was made from dragon materials (bones provide the structure, scales make the armor, etc.).

RoyVG
2013-10-06, 03:30 AM
I once played a Draconic Warforged, fluffing it in such a way that part of the circulation system of the Warforged was filled with dragon blood and a few scales were use to enhance its armor. If you can fluff it right, I suspect that it would work. Improving Draconic to Half dragon would not be so hard.

Now that I think about it, I also had a Half Minotaur Warforged Juggernaut biyaatch at one point (with similar fluff), getting an improvised Warforged Charger. Too bad I didn't have the chance to play it because we 'finished' that campaign.

I say just work out some possibilities with your DM. It's pretty hard to find decent templates applicable to warforged that add up to +4

The last you want to resort to is Incarnate Construct and just go humanoid... though you would end up with LA +6 possibilities

Waker
2013-10-06, 06:47 AM
Here (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1117261) is a list of templates. You can go through and see what catches the eye.

ShurikVch
2013-10-06, 07:32 AM
Arctic/Lolth-touched/Half-Minotaur/Half-Ogre/Mineral Warrior
Wizard did it! (Background)
Str +24
Dex -2
Con +18
Int -6
Cha -6

Bonus feat: Track
+4 to Hide and Move Silently
+2 to Search, Spot, & Listen
Speed +10
Burrow speed equal to ½ Land speed
Darkvision 60’
Gore 1d8
Earth Strike, 1/day – against a foe standing on stone or earth, +(Con modifier) to attack, +(RHD) to damage
Natural AC +7
DR 8/adamantine
+4 bonus on checks to escape a Maze spell & always know which direction is North
Fearless
Large size
Considered a Giant as well as construct.
Gains (earth) subtype
LA +3

Red Fel
2013-10-06, 07:38 AM
Instead of draconic, how about Dragonborn (RotD)? It's a +0 LA, and Warforged is one of several races which retain many of their benefits. You retain your Living Construct subtype and benefits, retain your plating (if you took a feat for it), and you gain extra Con, which is very valuable to a meldshaper class. Plus you can gain either vision upgrades, Ex wings, or a breath weapon. Oh, and it grants the Dragonblood subtype, which qualifies you for feats like Dragon Tail, so you can use that for an extra attack.

Of course, it does require you to be Good.

Prime32
2013-10-06, 11:31 AM
Use dragonborn + saint, then enter warforged juggernaut. You're immune to practically everything. :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2013-10-06, 03:25 PM
Arctic/Lolth-touched/Half-Minotaur/Half-Ogre/Mineral Warrior
Wizard did it! (Background)
Str +24
Dex -2
Con +18
Int -6
Cha -6

Bonus feat: Track
+4 to Hide and Move Silently
+2 to Search, Spot, & Listen
Speed +10
Burrow speed equal to ½ Land speed
Darkvision 60’
Gore 1d8
Earth Strike, 1/day – against a foe standing on stone or earth, +(Con modifier) to attack, +(RHD) to damage
Natural AC +7
DR 8/adamantine
+4 bonus on checks to escape a Maze spell & always know which direction is North
Fearless
Large size
Considered a Giant as well as construct.
Gains (earth) subtype
LA +3

Where is Arctic from, anyway? My google fu has proved insufficient. :/

Karnith
2013-10-06, 03:38 PM
Where is Arctic from, anyway? My google fu has proved insufficient. :/
Dragon Magazine #306, in the Racial Variants article.

Coidzor
2013-10-06, 05:45 PM
Dragon Magazine #306, in the Racial Variants article.

Ah, thank you. :smallsmile: I wonder why the +2 strength from the Wild template isn't brought up more often...

Oh, hey, and that's where Magic-Blooded comes from too, right? :smalleek:

radon
2014-05-19, 05:21 PM
What are some great templates (+4 or less) that would work on a Warforged Totemist?
official faq 2006
the warforged can have all template for construct and all template for any living creature
template for construct ? i have see awake and reincarnate but is useless on warforged.

template with "all living creature"monster manuala 1 have 3 half something that have all living creature
dragon, celestial and another

spawn of bhamuth (race of dragon) (read the little windows for clarification, your type not chage. the warforged with this template lose only the composite body armor but it can use the 1° level feat adamantine body or mithral body (from faq) +0 LA (any non evil)
give one power form the list (read the template)
1°breath weapon,
2° lowlight vision+darkvision+blidsense
3° the wing, but if you wear an armor you must use the feat for fly at medium load\medium armor and if you stay with adamantine body, 2° wing feat for fly with heavy load\armour (on race of dragon)
but you must fight tiamat and bhamuth must be your god

dragonic or something similar to this (dragonomicon) +1 LA on race of dragon it's updated

minerla warior ( underdark) this template say "no construct" but say "all living creature" and this qualify warforged (good for warior, barbarian and brawler, this template give to you 8\adamantine

shadow creature from "manuals of the plane" 3.0 but 3.5 update haven't change this template +3, (this give to you fast healing 2 non magical and you recive full benefit from this fast healing
exist another shadow on planar handbook but can't be used on all living and this have only +2

dark creature (Tome Of Magic) +1 LA can be usend on all creature. (good for thief)

saint (exalted dead) +2 of LA but for me is +4
corrupted (book of vile darkenss) opposite of saint +4 of LA

Chameleon Creature underdark +1

Dustform (Sandstorm) LA +2 (change to construct)

Half-Fey (fiend folio) LA +2 (one of the better template)

Xorvintaal Exarch (Monster manual 5) LA +2 (useless and terribel template)

phantom LA +1 (monster manual 5)

Half Elemental (manual fo the plane 3.0) isn't changed in 3.5 LA+3 (good template)

Axiomatic \ anarchic creature LA+4 manual of the plane and another

Pseudonatural Creature LA +3\+4 (look around for 2° version)

Dry Lich (Sandstporm) LA +5 you can not chage to undead becouse undead and construct are at the top of template (look for this explanation on wizzard or D&Dtool or D&D srd) template piramid

Warforged, Quorcraft (Secrets of Xen’drik)

Hivenest Monster (Dungeonscape) LA+0+1

Half-Illithid (Und) LA n/a but exist on other manual (monster manual 1 to 5)

Half-Elemental (Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil) look for update with correct LA if exist

Crypt Spawn (Magic of Faerûn)

Gelatinous Creature (savage species ) ahahahahah jellywarforged ! ahahahahahah

mummy (Grasp of the Emerald Claw ) not a normal mummy

Silveraith (City of Splendors: Waterdeep)

Yellow Musk Zombie _(fiend folio)

for now i haven't found other template for warforged.

two full list of template
1° you can download the file
http://dnd.freeminded.org/tables/DnD3.5Index-Templates.pdf

2° you must save the page from wizzard site (open all spolier before save, sometime if you not open it page can be corrupeted and isn't the template)
http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1117261

a lot of years ago i have found a manul with 2 template for construct but i haven't found this manual anywere :(
have a paint of some dark big item like a cube os another object.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-05-19, 07:26 PM
Half-Goristro (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630x&page=1) (near the bottom, +4 LA) can be applied to any living, corporeal creature, including a Warforged. That gives you a size increase to large, Str +16, Dex -2, Con +12, +7 natural armor, DR/Cold Iron, resistances, immunities, spell-like abilities, and two slam attack which each deal damage as two-handed weapons. You'll still qualify for Warforged feats such as Adamantine Body and Jaws of Death. It's based on Half-Fiend, which changes your type to Outsider, but it does not specify that you lose your original subtypes so (subject to DM veto) you should retain the living construct traits.