PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Homebrew Armory

Xuldarinar
2013-10-06, 11:20 AM
This is simply going to be a thread where I'm posting weapon ideas i have, and I welcome others to add on to it.

Simple Weapons|Cost|Dmg (S)|Dmg (M)|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Type
Light Melee Weapons|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
One-Handed Melee Weapons|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
Two-Handed Melee Weapons|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
Ranged Weapons|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

Martial Weapons|Cost|Dmg (S)|Dmg (M)|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Type

Exotic Weapons|Cost|Dmg (S)|Dmg (M)|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Type
Longhand Dagger|2 gp|1d4|1d6|19-20/x2|-|2 lb.|Piercing or slashing

Weapon Descriptions
Longhand Dagger: The longhand dagger appears to be a dagger with the handle long enough to be held in two hands, and that is basically what it is. While it functions basically as a dagger, it's longer handle makes it unwieldy for throwing and wielding in one hand, requiring differing training to wield properly.
Characters who take Exotic Weapon Proficiency (longhand dagger) can treat the longhand dagger as a dagger for the purpose of any feat or ability that affects the character's ability use a dagger (such as Weapon Focus [dagger]). This does include Weapon Finesse.

Network
2013-10-06, 12:57 PM
Interesting. I'll wait to see what you can come up with.

Btw, a longhand dagger is basically two-handed dagger which you can treat as an ordinary dagger if you are proficient with it? If so, it should have the same price (2 gp), given that you are already spending a feat on proficiency. You may even increase the damage die a bit.

Xuldarinar
2013-10-06, 01:29 PM
Interesting. I'll wait to see what you can come up with.

Btw, a longhand dagger is basically two-handed dagger which you can treat as an ordinary dagger if you are proficient with it? If so, it should have the same price (2 gp), given that you are already spending a feat on proficiency. You may even increase the damage die a bit.

I'll be certainly adding more as time goes on.

Alright, I've adjusted its damage and set its price.

Nevershutup
2013-10-06, 08:28 PM
This weapons was originally posted by Cieyrin, and the thread can be found here (http:// http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120190).

Simple Weapons

Cost
Dmg (S)
Dmg (M)
Critical
Range Increment
Weight
Type
Staff Sling
-
1d8
1d10
x2
80 ft.
4 lb.
Bludgeoning
Bullets, Staff Sling (10)
1 sp
-
-
-
-
5 lb.
-

Staff Sling: A staff sling is just that: a long stick with a sling on the end. This simple weapon lets you use the full force of both arms to throw large lead bullets, rocks the size of a halfling's head or any number of alchemical flasks. You apply 1.5 times the character's Strength bonus to damage. You must use both hands to fire and load a staff sling. It takes a full round action to reload a staff sling, which provokes an attack of opportunity.

You can hurl ordinary stones with a staff sling, but stones are not as dense or as round as bullets. Thus, such an attack deals damage as if the weapon were designed for a creature one size category smaller than you and you take a -1 penalty on attack rolls.

You can hurl alchemical flasks with a staff sling, using the staff sling's range increment instead of the flask's range increment.

Finally, you may use the staff sling as a quarterstaff for melee purposes.

Bullets, Staff Sling: Bullets come in a leather pouch that holds 10 bullets. A bullet that hits its target is destroyed; one that misses has a 50% chance of being destroyed or lost.
NOTE: I'm aware that this is the same weight of normal sling bullets, as according to the PHB. It's of my opinion that normal sling bullets are vastly overweighed, given they historically weighed around an ounce, so a simplification for normal sling bullets' weight is putting them at about 1 lb. to the 10 of them and reducing their cost to 2 cp.

(Sorry the table didn't copy in.)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-10-06, 08:50 PM
So the Longhand Dagger is a 2-handed Shortsword that can deal slashing damage?

If so, it's woefully underpowered for an Exotic weapon. A 2-handed piercing/slashing weapon that deals 1d6 19-20/x2 would be a tough sell even as a martial weapon: the lowest damage 2-handed weapons are all 2d4, and typically either have reach or better critical ranges or something to make up the difference.

Even as a 1-handed melee weapon it doesn't show up favorably: I'm not sure the addition of Slashing damage makes up for the lower damage die vs. the Longsword.

In short, this weapon needs a bit of love if you want to make it an exotic weapon.

Seerow
2013-10-06, 09:32 PM
So the Longhand Dagger is a 2-handed Shortsword that can deal slashing damage?

If so, it's woefully underpowered for an Exotic weapon. A 2-handed piercing/slashing weapon that deals 1d6 19-20/x2 would be a tough sell even as a martial weapon: the lowest damage 2-handed weapons are all 2d4, and typically either have reach or better critical ranges or something to make up the difference.

Even as a 1-handed melee weapon it doesn't show up favorably: I'm not sure the addition of Slashing damage makes up for the lower damage die vs. the Longsword.

In short, this weapon needs a bit of love if you want to make it an exotic weapon.

You forgot the important thing:

This is a weapon. It's being designed for mundanes.