PDA

View Full Version : Superhero name needed

McBish
2013-10-06, 12:37 PM
Hi guys and gals, you may not know this about me but I suck at naming things. Most of my characters in any RPG don't have a name till halfway through the first session. Soon I am starting up a Mutants and Masterminds game and need help naming my superhero. So I thought I would turn to the lovely people here and see what they can come up with.

So who is my superhero?

A teenage girl one day swimming at a local lake is shocked when an alien symbotie burrows under her skin, giving her the ablity to create an exoskeleton that increases her strength and agility. Also when covered in the exoskeleton she can breath underwater and the exoskeleton can filter out any pollution or gas that she might breath in. It can also exude a dark gas that will knock out a normal person and give her concelement.

So any name suggestions for this Superhero. I would prefer gender neutral since she will be keeping her sex secret to help protect her secret idenety.

Arkhosia
2013-10-06, 12:57 PM
Hmm...
Cerulean Crustacean?
Coralhide?

Giggling Ghast
2013-10-06, 01:08 PM
Deep Six? Fathom? Inkblast? Riptide?

thubby
2013-10-06, 01:10 PM
miasma. biohazard. noxious. Morpheus (the greek god of dreams) mist stalker...

Ravens_cry
2013-10-06, 01:25 PM
Exo?
One, It's short for exoskeleton, her main power.
Two, Exo means 'outside', her power were given by a creature from outside our sphere of existence.
Three, Her powers make her a bit of an outsider, even among superheroes.
Four, It is, as requested, gender neutral.
Five, 'X' is a cool letter. Excelsior!

Hyena
2013-10-06, 01:32 PM
Empowered?

Sorry, had to say it.

Ravens_cry
2013-10-06, 01:36 PM
Empowered?

Sorry, had to say it.
Hopefully this super suit won't shred so easily.

Salbazier
2013-10-06, 02:45 PM
Hmmm.

Darkscale
Darkshell
Deepshell
Deepshadow
Deep One
The Deepness
Abyssian
The Crustor
Trilobite
Something related to offshore oil rig?

Sabeki
2013-10-06, 02:49 PM
The Crush-Stacean :smalltongue:

MonkeyBusiness
2013-10-06, 03:43 PM
Candle Jack already named my suggestion, but I'd like to second it: Fathom.

I like it because it reminds me of the bit in The Tempest where Ariel sings:

Full fathom five thy father lies;
Of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade,
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Your hero has made just as significant a "sea change".

Also, to "fathom" something or someone is to try to understand it. It also means to measure the depth of water. To me, this implies a bit of mystery, and that seems appropriate for your character.

Talanic
2013-10-07, 12:36 AM
Shelley?

In all seriousness, there's the whole issue of implying the source of your powers to your enemies. Letting them know that there's a crunchy shell of power filled with vulnerable squishy hero will lead to enemies figuring out your weak point that much faster. Every layer of obfuscation is one more thing between you and certain death at the hands of your enemies.

Basically, any hero I played would be themed along the lines of a different hero. Depending on how this exoskeleton looks, I would try to pass it off as technological armor or as some form of magical relic. Then I'd call myself Technomancer, Darkshroud, Cavalier, Avalanche, or something else that has nothing to do with the sea, aliens, symbiotes, or exoskeletons.