PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Aasimar character

Kazehito
2013-10-06, 01:50 PM
Here's a question I have with the aasimir as a PC. They are outsiders with the native trait. Outsiders have proficiency with martial weapons. Does this transfer over and mean that the PC Aasimir has martial weapon proficiency? I would think it might, but haven't been able to find anything specific yet. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ravens_cry
2013-10-06, 01:58 PM
I think this only counts for a monster's bestiary entry, or at least it's meant to, given that all humanoids (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#TOC-Humanoid) are proficient with simple weapons, yet not all classes grant such proficiencies.
By RAW you might be right, but not something I would want to try to pull off without my DM wrangling boots on.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-10-06, 02:13 PM
I think that you are technically correct by RAW, but there may be an FAQ ruling or errata that disagrees with that interpretation. I'll see if my googlefu is up to snuff and try to find one.

*Edit*
Final Answer: No, they do not gain the proficiencies from being an outsider type. Those proficiencies are gained from outsider hit dice. Races, such as Aasimar and Tieflings, only gain the proficiencies from their class levels.