PDA

View Full Version : Need a Sylar for PF, Help Needed

TabletopGamer
2013-10-06, 08:28 PM
I wanted to introduce a Sylar based character as a NPC or GMPC that can either go for or against the party if need be. I Love the Sylar character and his feel so I wanted to make him in PF but we do use 3.5 in it.

I want to keep the class stealing features so Illithid Savant might be something I have to look at, especially since he does steal brains to do this.

How would one go about making a build like this, Human of course or maybe if someone knows a alternate human race from 3.5 and has a link I could use that. Elan as a possible race too.

Stux
2013-10-06, 08:39 PM
I suggest checking out the Factotum and Chameleon. Both have features that could very easily be fluffed as Sylar type abilities. You could potentially use both, as the Chameleon is a prestige class with pretty easy requirements, though not sure how effective that would be.

Neither of these are PF by the way, but I'm not aware of anything within Pathfinder that is quite as good a fit.

TabletopGamer
2013-10-06, 08:57 PM
I do enjoy the Factotum so thats a good fit and Chameleon.

What would be good traits, feats, ect. to add more Sylar flavor. Recall Sylar's main power is his telekinesis so I thought mayb a Factotum//Psion Gestalt.

If I Prc Class on one side of my Gestalt can I do the same on the other?

So a Chameleon//Illithid Savant (Type of class)

Rubik
2013-10-06, 08:59 PM
The Fusion/Astral Seed trick works in Pathfinder. Just find someone you want the abilities of, knock them out or dominate them (assuming they're uncooperative), ensure you're the same type and the same size (or larger), then use Fusion, followed immediately by Astral Seed (using whatever means you have to in order to either manifest Astral Seed quickly, or by extending Fusion's duration by whatever means necessary -- such as entering a plane with the timeless trait), then either wait for the Fusion to end, or don't, depending on if you care that the creature remains alive afterwards. Then kill yourself. You'll come back as with the body you had at the time that you manifested Astral Seed; that is, you'll have all the benefits you did when you were Fusioned with the creature in question.