PDA

View Full Version : Planar Shepard +The Region of Dreams question

Darksword
2013-10-06, 08:28 PM
There is no arguing that the planar shepherd is a strong prc. However everyone talks about the 10:1 turn trick you can get from the pc if you choose the plane Dal Quor. According to the class planar bubble creates a bubble around you that emulate the traits of plane and has a radius of 20ft. So I get how this might be useful if you are blaster/healer/buffer/range character who stays far away from melee wouldn't this be suboptimal for a melee build since your foes that are within 20ft also would be effected by this?

Urpriest
2013-10-06, 09:06 PM
There is no arguing that the planar shepherd is a strong prc. However everyone talks about the 10:1 turn trick you can get from the pc if you choose the plane Dal Quor. According to the class planar bubble creates a bubble around you that emulate the traits of plane and has a radius of 20ft. So I get how this might be useful if you are blaster/healer/buffer/range character who stays far away from melee wouldn't this be suboptimal for a melee build since your foes that are within 20ft also would be effected by this?

Yes. You use it when casting, not when entering melee.

Darksword
2013-10-06, 09:27 PM
Thank you! That is what I thought but when I first heard of it I thought of it for melee with wild shape. But casting is probably a bit more deadly any way.

Red Fel
2013-10-06, 09:30 PM
But casting is probably a bit more deadly any way.

Just a bit. :smallamused:

Psyren
2013-10-06, 09:51 PM
The other benefit to Region of Dreams is that it has "Inhabitants: Any." In other words, you can get any creature in the game there. So not only is it fast-time, you can shapeshift into an Efreet to give free wishes to your party etc.

Chronos
2013-10-06, 09:52 PM
So just how does one use an altered-time bubble, anyway? Mechanically, I mean. Do you divide your initiative counts by 10, and get in one of your rounds for ever 2 initiative steps everyone else gets? Do you roll one initiative, and then take ten rounds in a row when it comes up? Or maybe roll ten initiative counts for yourself, and act on each of them?

Psyren
2013-10-06, 10:12 PM
So just how does one use an altered-time bubble, anyway? Mechanically, I mean. Do you divide your initiative counts by 10, and get in one of your rounds for ever 2 initiative steps everyone else gets? Do you roll one initiative, and then take ten rounds in a row when it comes up? Or maybe roll ten initiative counts for yourself, and act on each of them?

I would treat it just like Time Stop, only 10 rounds instead of 1d4+1. It does get tricky if the bubble is active longer than that though.

One way might be to let other combatants affect the Shepherd for 1 round when the 10 rounds are up. For simplicity, I would treat the bubble as though it were suppressed, before having it resume and the caster getting 10 more rounds of fast-time.

Big Fau
2013-10-07, 06:56 AM
Step 1: Stop time.
Step 2: Acquire steamroller.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: WRRRRRRYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!