PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Spell List for the Hunger Domain?

Coidzor
2013-10-06, 08:29 PM
Seems great for a hunting themed deity or even worshiping the concept of the hunt, but... the focus on ghouls of most of the spell list doesn't quite jive. The bite attack is pretty tasty though.

Any suggestions? I can think of some things like Longstrider, maybe Bite of the Were-X, maybe some spells that grant scent or one of those druid spells that acts as a substitute for wildshape before one gets wildshaping abilities.

123456789blaaa
2013-10-06, 08:41 PM
Yeah the "Hunger" domain in Libris Mortis probably should have been named the ghoul domain instead.

On the upside there's a domain with much more fitting spells also called the Hunger domain. On the downside it's only in Dragon 312 and you have to worship an imprisoned Demon Prince of hunger.

EDIT: Actually parts of this whole thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303888)should be of use to you.

Coidzor
2013-10-06, 11:52 PM
Yeah the "Hunger" domain in Libris Mortis probably should have been named the ghoul domain instead.

On the upside there's a domain with much more fitting spells also called the Hunger domain. On the downside it's only in Dragon 312 and you have to worship an imprisoned Demon Prince of hunger.

EDIT: Actually parts of this whole thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303888)should be of use to you.

Ahh, I'd forgotten it was originally from Libris Mortis, I just saw it for Spell Compendium and went there first. Makes sense.

That bite for a natural weapons build though. <_< >_>

Thanks for the dragon magazine reference and the link. :smallsmile:

123456789blaaa
2013-10-08, 08:24 PM
Ahh, I'd forgotten it was originally from Libris Mortis, I just saw it for Spell Compendium and went there first. Makes sense.

That bite for a natural weapons build though. <_< >_>

Thanks for the dragon magazine reference and the link. :smallsmile:

If you just want the bite, an option would be taking the Planar Touchstone feat (Planar Handbook) and picking the Catalogues of Enlightenment. The feat then grants you a domain power of your choice.

There are probably tons more spells that could fit in a "Hunger" domain scattered throughout the various books. There are a couple of ones in the BoVD. Some were put into the Dragon mag domain and some weren't. The ones that weren't are:

Absorb Mind: The caster gains a 25% chance of knowing information in a brain eaten.

Absorb Strength: The caster gains 1/4th of a creature’s Str and Con when he eats it.

Power Leech: The caster drains subject’s ability score 1 point/round and gains +1 bonus per point.

Consume Likeness: The caster steals the appearance of a dead person, adding +10 on Disguise checks.

Sap Strength: The subject becomes exhausted.

And you're welcome :smallbiggrin:.