PDA

View Full Version : rage+mutagen character advice (3.pf E6)

Quiddle
2013-10-06, 10:20 PM
Im thinking about playing a rage based character in a E6 campaign soon, any advice on how I should build him?

Im thinking war forged with adamantium body
Barbarian 2 (invulnerable rager)
Alchemist 1
Monk 2 (Master of Many Styles, Sohei, Martial Artist)
Mutagenic Hulk 1 (see my sig)

magotter
2013-10-07, 11:49 AM
If you wanna just go full blown melee monster, I'd recommend the following:

Monk 2
Alchemist 2
Barbarian 2

Barbarian 2 is gonna get you 6+Con rounds of Rage, and access to Rage Powers for feats. Urban Rager is a good archetype, as you can Normal Rage -and- Controlled Rage. You give up your movement for Crowd Control, but this can stack well with Monk

Monk 2 is gonna get you +3 to all saves, which is huge in E6. as you said, MoMS and Sohei are two good combos. If at all possible, get Dodge before you take Monk, either as a racial or a level 1 feat. Then, you take Crane Style in your normal level 3 slot, and grab Crane Wing and Crane Riposte in your bonus slots. Make sure you have at least 3 ranks in Acrobatics and you can now Fight Defensively (even while raging, especially while Controlled Raging) to get a -1 to Attack and +5 to Dodge AC. +6 If you're fighting 2 or more adjacent enemies due to Crowd Control. In addition, 1/round you can flat out negate any melee attack that hits you, and get a free AoO on the target for negating it.

Alchemist 2 is gonna be a capstone. Beastmorph with or without Vivisectionist (I'd say without unless its gonna be a long campaign and you can get the feats that let you flat-foot a person every round). Take Feral Mutagen as your Discovery. 2 Claws and 1 Bite each round. Power Attack as your 5th level feat. and you can Wand/Potion all the Enlarge Person you can.

A sample Human build, If I may.

Assuming 15-point buy:
16+2 STR
13 Dex
12 Con
12 Int
12 Wis
7 Cha

Monk 1
Monk 2
Alchemist 1
Alchemist 2
Barbarian 1
Barabarian 2

Feats: Dodge as a Racial Feat, Crane style at 1, (crane Wing in bonus 1, Crane Riposte in Bonus2), Power Attack at Level 3, anything you want for Level 5 and above. Weapon Focus, Extra Rage, Extra Rage Power, Extra Discovery, etc. Lots of good stuff. Buy some bulky medium armor and go to town.

Lastly, for traits, take Accelerated Drinker and get some Spring Loaded Wrist Sheaths for quick potion deployment. Potion of Enlarge Person + Mutagen on Round 1, then kill EVERYTHING on subsequent. Remember to only activate Rage once you're in killing range.

As an alternative, if you absolutely KNOW you'll be able to find an Agile Amulet of Mighty Fists, then swap everything to Dex, and take Weapon Finesse as the level 3 and Piranha Strike as level 5. Same Damage, but great boosts to AC. Get a Mithril Shirt.

Have fun making your GM cry.

Edit: Punctuation, Grammar, et al.