PDA

View Full Version : [SWSE] Building a smart bomb

Drogorn
2013-10-07, 12:02 PM
So I'm building a character for SWSE with both mechanics and computer use. What problems am I likely to encounter sticking concealed antipersonnel mines to a cheap droid and having it walk up to a group of enemies and blow up?

LibraryOgre
2013-10-07, 12:49 PM
Really depends on whether the droid knows or not. If the droid does not know, it would be relatively easy to close it down for maintenance, pack it full of explosives, and send it in an errand, giving it either a keyword that will make it explode OR using a remote detonator.

If the droid knows, you have to fight its preservation programming.

Alejandro
2013-10-08, 08:22 AM
I suggest you use a GNK power droid. Can walk on its own, has a large power signature already, and is extremely stupid.

Actana
2013-10-08, 08:29 AM
I suggest you use a GNK power droid. Can walk on its own, has a large power signature already, and is extremely stupid.

Reminds me of the time my players hotwired and jury rigged a GNK droid into an explosive, strapped it onto a speeder and blew up a crime lord's front door with it. The tension in the air whether or not the speeder would hit (it did). Good times.

LibraryOgre
2013-10-08, 10:51 AM

A USED GNK power droid. IIRC, those buggers are expensive.