PDA

View Full Version : Spells for a Spellcaster/Swiftblade (3.5)

DarkSonic1337
2013-10-07, 04:13 PM
I'm playing in a mid OP 3.5 game and my DM has let me play a spellcaster.

My party consists of a Cleric who will be tanking and fighting in the front with spell buffs, a ranged Scout/Ranger with swift hunter, and a TWF Warblade focusing on tiger claw and diamond mind maneuvers (with a splash of white raven for white raven tactics).

I'm going for a feel slightly different from your typical gish that just buffs themselves and then full attacks a lot. I want to throw in a mix of battlefield control spells and debuffs in addition to your typical selfbuff->attack a lot tactics. Knowstones are allowed.

So far here's my build and spell selection.
Human Spellcaster 6 (taking swiftblade next level to swiftblade 9, then abjurant champion)
Feats
1. Militia (human bonus feat), Penumbra Bloodline, Invisible Spell (spellcaster bonus)
3. Expeditious dodge
5. Sculpt Spell (spellcaster bonus)
6. Mobility

spells
level 0's: Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Create Water, Message, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound, Detect Poison
level 1's: Obscuring Mist (bloodline), Grease, Disguise Self, Silent Image, Ray of Enfeeblement (knowstone), Mage Armor (knowstone)
level 2's: Darkness (bloodline. Will trade for glitterdust later), Heroics, Mirror Image, Ray of Ice (knowstone)
level 3's: Nondetection (bloodline), Haste

It doesn't really look like a gish's spell list right now because I wanted to kind of shift my spell selection into that role gradually. I plan to find knowstones of lower level spells as they become more relevant (things like getting Nerveskitter, trading mage armor knowstone for a shield knowstone, ect)

What I really want to know is

What Druid and Cleric spells should I be looking at grabbing as a spontaneous caster? I'm looking for alternative battlefield control spells, buff spells, and debuff spells that would be useful to cast multiple times in a day.