PDA

View Full Version : A variety of questions about different class features

Stille_Nacht
2013-10-07, 04:46 PM
Hallo, i'm Dming/ shepherding some new players, so i feel obligated to understand all their classes better than they do xD.

WARBLADE
Ok, first and foremost, i've lost my sourcebook with warblades in it, so can someone point me to a place with a list of maneuvers, etc?
usually d20srd has this sort of thing but it doesnt have anything on war blades D:

PSION
Psycrystals- can someone summarize or point to a good summary of what they actually do? i know you can get some skill benefits, they can scout/ communicate, and there's one combo that makes you a tank or something. I vaguely recall them being able to cast powers or something, but i dont remember how it works.
-for the purposes of this session, i will let it gain feats.

how does one gain telepathy? does it have to be an inherent racial thing? what is a decent contrived way to make it happen if there is not feat progression?

RANGER
i allowed a wildshape variant ranger (wildshape replaces combat discipline feats), what are the best ways to make use of this from levels 2-4 (i usually only have it levels 4 up xD)

eggynack
2013-10-07, 04:52 PM
Well, for the third question, wild shape rangers don't get wild shape until level five, so you can't really gain a benefit from it at 2-4.

Stille_Nacht
2013-10-07, 04:54 PM
Well, for the third question, wild shape rangers don't get wild shape until level five, so you can't really gain a benefit from it at 2-4.

oops i misunderstood the modifier heh.

Frosty
2013-10-07, 04:58 PM
Warblades are from Tome of Battle. As for maneuvers, I think somewhere on the WotC website is a list of warblade maneuvers, but I forgot where.

Yuki Akuma
2013-10-07, 04:59 PM
1) Nope, can't do that. Warblades aren't open game content, meaning it's not kosher to reproduce them. We can link you to this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2), though, because the Warblade was the teaser for the Tome of Battle before it came out. The SRD only has OGL stuff in it - most content from the core three rulebooks (except for rules on experience points and certain iconic monsters), Unearthed Arcana, the Expanded Psionics Handbook, the Epic Level Handbook and some of Deities and Demigods. Everything else isn't OGL.

2) Psicrystals are good for holding a second Psionic Focus (with the appropriate feat), which means you can use two metapsionic feats in a turn or what have you. They can also be turned into a save crystal with the right combo (and a friendly Cleric).

3) Easiest way to gain telepathy that doesn't involve changing your race somehow is the Mindbender PrC from Complete Arcane. It is, as the book suggests, arcane, but switching it to being psionic isn't hard.

Stille_Nacht
2013-10-07, 10:59 PM
thanks

so you can store your power points in the crystal, then basically get two psionic moves per turn?
the way it was described on d20srd made it sound like it was just storing charges for retrieval, which is pretty pointless xD

Nettlekid
2013-10-07, 11:07 PM
thanks

so you can store your power points in the crystal, then basically get two psionic moves per turn?
the way it was described on d20srd made it sound like it was just storing charges for retrieval, which is pretty pointless xD

Not Power Points, your Psionic Focus. Psionic Focus is a thing that a lot of psionic feats use, expending it for some kind of benefit. Most notably, you expend it when you use any Metapsionic feat on a power. Normally this means that you can't use more than one Metapsionic feat on any one power, nor could you use more than one Metapsionically enhanced power until you regained your Psionic Focus again, but being able to have a spare in your Psicrystal means that you can do a two-fer or two in a row.

Stille_Nacht
2013-10-07, 11:15 PM
Not Power Points, your Psionic Focus. Psionic Focus is a thing that a lot of psionic feats use, expending it for some kind of benefit. Most notably, you expend it when you use any Metapsionic feat on a power. Normally this means that you can't use more than one Metapsionic feat on any one power, nor could you use more than one Metapsionically enhanced power until you regained your Psionic Focus again, but being able to have a spare in your Psicrystal means that you can do a two-fer or two in a row.

ahhh so you can do the concentrate thingy, but you can store two of them (one in the crystal) to use a metapsionic feat again

Spuddles
2013-10-07, 11:41 PM
The Hellbred race from Fiendish Codex 2 gets telepathy at level 15. A psion (telepath) variant trades their bonus 5th level feat for telepathy. Shapechanging (9th level spell from PHB) into certain creatures with telepathy gets you telepathy. In the Book of Exalted Deeds, there are some cleric spells (holy transformation line) that can turn you into celestials and gain their Su abilities, many of which have telepathy.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-10-07, 11:56 PM
1) Nope, can't do that. Warblades aren't open game content, meaning it's not kosher to reproduce them. We can link you to this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2), though, because the Warblade was the teaser for the Tome of Battle before it came out. The SRD only has OGL stuff in it - most content from the core three rulebooks (except for rules on experience points and certain iconic monsters), Unearthed Arcana, the Expanded Psionics Handbook, the Epic Level Handbook and some of Deities and Demigods. Everything else isn't OGL.
There is, however, the online Maneuver Cards (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a) that could be used as a sort-of reproduction.

3) Easiest way to gain telepathy that doesn't involve changing your race somehow is the Mindbender PrC from Complete Arcane. It is, as the book suggests, arcane, but switching it to being psionic isn't hard.

A Spuddles mentioned, there's also the Mind's Eye expansion for Telepaths (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070411a) that grants it at 5th level. You could also be a Ghostwise Halfling and pick it up with the Improved Speak Without Sound (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070627) feat.