PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 new trailers and info

Healos
2006-12-31, 12:00 PM
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html
Well here a site with 4 videos 3 info ones and 1 trailer.
Eh Tu, Brute
some of you will see in the beganning of it that there a new
brute leader(Brutius Maximus) and has th monitor and captin keys prisnere?!?!
wtf...the grunts and brute are allays but I'm not shure about jackels or the flying thingy, the elite are under the control of the heritic leader(the former arbier) I think the hunters are also with the heritic leader. that all I'v got from that video. if you find enything else post it up

Flabbicus
2006-12-31, 12:35 PM
some of you will see in the beganning of it that there a new
brute leader(Brutius Maximus) and has th monitor and captin keys prisnere?!?!

Actually that happened in Halo 2, but since you haven't played to the end that is forgivable. And his name is Tartarus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartarus_%28Halo%29).

wtf...the grunts and brute are allays but I'm not shure about jackels or the flying thingy, the elite are under the control of the heritic leader(the former arbier) I think the hunters are also with the heritic leader. that all I'v got from that video. if you find enything else post it up

I think its just the Elites and Hunters against the rest of the Covenant. The Jackals are to cowardly or comfortable in their station to leave, and the Buggers are relatively new so they will stay. On wikipedia it says that the grunts have defected as well. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_Elite)

They may or may not join with the UNSC, but I don't mind either way, unless of course, Hunters back you up on a few missions as the Chief. :wink:

Crazy Owl
2006-12-31, 04:22 PM
Some of the stuff they showed in that Brute video were pretty good. Mainly the new melee attacks for Brutes and the Elites with a pair of Swords. And their new gun looks good too.

Healos
2007-01-01, 10:57 AM
so tartarus dident get kill(he no die?)... but in the first trailer where cheif see's the forrunner thing and theres the cortana voise thingy, well I think that the gravemind is speaking through her, that why it says "This is the way the world ends" for the flood and the gravemind that the last seen in the game, the floods gone the arbider is the new leader of the NEW "covenant"...so what do you think crazy!!! YES!!!!! CORRECTness!!!!!...!!!.!.!
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartarus_%28Halo%29)

Beleriphon
2007-01-01, 11:08 AM
No, Tartarus is dead. The Arbiter kills him in the last level of Halo 2. From the looks of things Cortana is indeed chilling out with Gravemind, what this means is up the air so far.

From the looks of things it will be the Elites and Hunters rebelling against the Covenant. Perhaps they ally with UNSC, perhaps not. Either way more whoop assedness will abound.

Healos
2007-01-07, 10:53 AM
yes the Hunter will be with the Eiltes,
Taming of the Hunters

The Taming of the Hunters is mentioned in the game Halo 2 as one of the crises that required the creation of an Arbiter. The Arbiter no doubt died during this task. The ground troops of the Covenant were not able to defeat the Hunters on the planet surface, and the Hunters were only convinced to join the Covenant after being threatened with a bombing (glassing) by the Covenant which would have totally destroyed the planet. Though they joined the Covenant, they only communicate with and respect the Elites. They are scornful of the other races, even the Prophets themselves.

I think some of the grunts will side with the Arditer Becaues of the...

Grunt Rebellion

The Grunt Rebellion was an event dangerous enough to the Covenant that an Arbiter had to be created to combat it. Like all the other Arbiters, it is assumed that the Arbiter at the time died in the course of the Rebellion. It involved the smallest and most common form of the Covenant, the Grunts, rebelling against the rest of the Covenant. It is unknown as to why the rebellion took place but it is likely because of the abuse the Grunts face from the rest of the Covenant.

And I think they will interduse a new race near the middel or end, cuz if some of the grunts leave the covenant will only have Brutes, jackels, bugger, and(some) grunts. The brutes make up for the Hunter absense, but what about the Eiltes? what will replace them? thay still need a fearless, dextruse but may still use brute force if nessasary type of enemy that fites the description. and another reason why I think the grunts(or some) will help the arbider and cheif becuse thay where asking why the humans where never asked to join the covenat. so there it is read it once read it twise, just understand it...or at least pretand to.

Crazy Owl
2007-01-07, 11:18 AM
From the look of the brute Video there will be Brutes replacing Elites and then Higher Ranking brutes replacing hunters.

Ivellios
2007-01-14, 11:33 PM
and another reason why I think the grunts(or some) will help the arbider and cheif becuse thay where asking why the humans where never asked to join the covenat.

when do they say this?

Ok, my prediction...

good guys:
Humans (what's left of em')
some grunts(race divided)
elites
hunters
forerunner robots(I think they will side with the "reclaimer" (master cheif))

bad guys:
brutes
jackels
prophets
grunts(few)
new race???

We already know that halo 3 takes place on earth, and that humanity on earth has been almost completely wiped out. my only question is if we see any more spartans besides John117 in halo 3.

Flame_Drake
2007-01-15, 10:47 PM
We already know that halo 3 takes place on earth, and that humanity on earth has been almost completely wiped out. my only question is if we see any more spartans besides John117 in halo 3.

Yes, there are, but they're all off planet at the moment. You can read the novel Ghosts of Onyx to find out more, and I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Drake

Healos
2007-01-17, 10:41 AM
when do they say this?

Ok, my prediction...

good guys:
Humans (what's left of em')
some grunts(race divided)
elites
hunters
forerunner robots(I think they will side with the "reclaimer" (master cheif))

bad guys:
brutes
jackels
prophets
grunts(few)
new race???

Don't forget buggers

And I just order(from amazon) the halo series(box set) and ghost of onyx so I'll be reading them soon, O acuse my "S" key it kinna dies now and then

slipnslide
2007-01-18, 12:53 PM
ahh...i cant freakin wait for this game to come out. im soooo excited.

Lothorus
2007-01-20, 03:45 AM
I, for one, am glad they re-thought the Brutes before making Halo 3. They were kinda novel in Halo 2 at first, but after a while I started avoiding the later levels because the Brutes were so tedious and un-fun to fight. As they said, the only tactic one could use against them was basically "Pump 'em full of lead and hope your shields hold up". Pretty boring when repeated fifty times a stage.