PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5]] Druid Spell List

Rasman
2013-10-08, 12:05 AM
I need a little help with a spell list for a 19th level Planar Shepherd fist fight.

Seriously.

I play a Planar Shepherd and am getting ready to face a Planar Shepherd. I won't complicate everything with WHY this is happening, but it's sort of a Greensinger vs Initiate of Malar sort of thing.

I've never been much of a brawler since that role gets taken by others in the group, so I'm not exactly sure how I would kill myself if I had to fight myself in what will pretty much be a Spell Duel.

Thoughts as to how to spend my plethora of spells on this fight would be greatly appreciated.

Psyren
2013-10-08, 12:08 AM
What planes are you tied to? That will likely be the deciding factor power-wise. If one of you can turn into a fire elemental while the other can become a solar then one can predict which way the scales will swing.

Rasman
2013-10-08, 04:15 AM
Mine is Lamannia - The Twilight Forest. I picked that one so I couldn't just time stop and GG. As for the other, I do not know for sure. I BELIEVE that his plane is Mabar - The Endless Night, but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, your icon is almost as awesome as mine Psyren. Def the best Al I've seen yet.

Psyren
2013-10-08, 08:17 AM
Mine is Lamannia - The Twilight Forest. I picked that one so I couldn't just time stop and GG. As for the other, I do not know for sure. I BELIEVE that his plane is Mabar - The Endless Night, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm AFB so I have no idea what benefits those planes get :smallfrown:

What I do know is that PS can turn into Animals, Magical Beasts, Elementals, Outsiders, and certain vermin (i.e. those that can take the celestial/fiendish template) native to their chosen plane. Outsiders are the ticket here because the Druid spell list isn't great.

Having said that, what books are available as far as Druid spells? I'm assuming Core + Eberron + SPC, and maybe PHBII?

Also, your icon is almost as awesome as mine Psyren. Def the best Al I've seen yet.

I totally read that first sentence in Armstrong's voice :smalltongue:

Rasman
2013-10-09, 03:12 AM
The best part about the game I am in is that if it's in a book, I can use it so long as I can prove it was printed. So my spell list is quite open in that regard.

My forms will probably be most key in this one, but spells might be a big deal as well, thus why I called for a bit of help in choosing my spells.

Here's a link to the Planar Shepherd Handbook from the WotC forums, in case you are curious as to the forms and such and how they will play out.

http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1081076

Runeclaw
2013-10-09, 05:13 PM
This is probably pretty small guns for a fight this high level, but Call Avalanche (5th level) from Frostburn is pretty good.

Although a 19th level Druid probably has multiple means of escaping the ice.

The nice thing is that it targets Dex, does some damage, and possibly delays him a few rounds that you can put to good use.

(Un)Inspired
2013-10-09, 09:40 PM
Frostfell! Best spell ever! hit him with a Frostfell then use a quicken metamagic rod to hit him with another Frostfell!

Although i suppose if he's tied to mabar he could easily turn into something immune to cold.

In that case hit him with a Flashflood followed by a quickened Frostfell. Instant ice prison. Who cares if hes immune to the damage from it?

Ketiara
2013-10-10, 03:11 AM
On the good planes you have the tulani outsider it's 18hd and have bardic music, SLA with time stop and other goodies.
I'm not into the evil side, but I hear many good things about the balor as far as physical capabilities.

Rasman
2013-10-10, 03:17 AM
the Frostfell spell would be nice if I had access to a Quicken Rod, unfortunately not an option.

Again, I'm not really looking for help with forms, I have that covered, I'm looking for spell choice help.

eggynack
2013-10-10, 03:22 AM
Well, shapechange is always good all the time. I think that it's really the only 9th they get that's crazy broken. Druids don't get the best 9th's.